IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Apples don't fall far from the tree.

More words of wisdom from my late Yankee dad:  "You plant potatoes, you get potatoes."  John could be described as FJ's Mr Potato Head, with the way he changes things from time to time.  Eventually, all potato heads shrivel up into utter uselessness.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John is actually criticizing Steven Bannon, something most of the fundies have refused to do. 

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

and he doesn't like people telling him what to do.

The fact that he has "self pastored" for the last however-many-years is a big red flag for me. It's a humble brag to cover up his arrogance about what he regards as his own theological purity and a clear indication that he can't really get along with anyone. So much for Christian fellowship.  

15 hours ago, gustava said:

Sheer speculation and given that it's the Lying King, I'm going with it:  Could he be bi-polar?

Reluctant as I am to armchair diagnose, this possibility has come up before.

Sometimes he reminds me of my SIL when she's off her meds.  It is far from an easy dx to have and cope with, so if that is the case and he is going undiagnosed I feel bad for them all.

On the other hand, his behavior is also consistent with being a really spoiled brat with absolutely no work ethic.  He gets bright ideas, fails dismally, and moves onto the next bright idea because Daddy always rescues his butt.   He sees himself as a very special snowflake.  

Has he reminded us lately that he was a premature baby?  He harps on that in a way that makes me think he was pampered and spoiled from day one because he was a fragile infant.  Guess what, John.  You are now a grown healthy adult pushing 40 with responsibilities to your wife and children.  Grow the fuck up and get a real job.

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He gets bright ideas, fails dismally, and moves onto the next bright idea because Daddy always rescues his butt.

He comes across as insecure, and no wonder given his chosen lifestyle.  I would be in sheer terror if I had to constantly come up with ways to please my parents and followers so they would hand over their money.  Who am I kidding--I would have been dead long ago because I hate to just ask for money (therefore, I worked).  With so many little lives depending on him, it's not surprising he tries to overachieve and then collapses. 

It's really an odd life, being a missionary like John.  Does he get a regular salary, but needs to continue to ask for more funds because of his schemes, or does he also need to self-promote because he needs to secure a monthly salary.  I don't really understand the financing of missionaries, but the constant grifting must be wearing. 

He has to stay on the grift.  Churches send monthly support based on his supposed missionarying.  The churches can decide to cut him off at any time and some have.  It looks like currently his major support comes from daddy's church.

formergothardite care to share this timeline? Sounds fascinating. 

I too too think he MAY have bipolar but probably more likely he's just narcissistic,  lazy and spoiled. And not good at following through. Not stupid though, just lazy. 

Also all the Shrader kids seemed awesome except John. Who is clearly his fathers favourite. 

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

He has to stay on the grift.  Churches send monthly support based on his supposed missionarying.  The churches can decide to cut him off at any time and some have.  It looks like currently his major support comes from daddy's church.

May the deities bless you, my friend.  You said in 4 sentences what it would have taken me at least 5 paragraphs to convey (and I tease @Curious for being too wordy).

I do run the risk of being too thrifty with words as I was trying to make a joke earlier today.  Thank you, though.  :group-hug:

He's really feeling sorry for himself, isn't he?  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's still hanging out in bed based on the clues of "I'm not worthy," "Sackcloth/Ashes," and Tozer quote about getting rest.

When he says that he's glad God has not given up on him, does that mean someone else has?   Just musing...

Hey John, I fixed your post for you:

Thoughts God reminded/rebuked me with this morning from His Word.

I have failed.

Say more with less, buddy.

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Churches are REALLY REALLY not supposed to do that. The fact that some of them cut John off while he was already in the "mission field" is virtually unheard of. John's deputation period should have been enough to secure him a monthly stipend that would support the family. 

Of course, it's a problem for John because:

• He doesn't plan anything, and never shared any kind of reasonable budget
  • John apparently has a unique ability to piss people off, and that impacts his continued support
  • They've added 2 more children to the family since arriving in Zambia, and will probably not be stopping
  • John is a piss-poor financial steward, and is constantly blowing money on luxury items for himself

Even before he finished his almighty video, he was constantly talking about missions conferences that are taking place this time of year. Buying new toyotas is nice, but I'm sure he's a little frantic to secure reliable monthly support too. 

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

He's really feeling sorry for himself, isn't he?  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's still hanging out in bed based on the clues of "I'm not worthy," "Sackcloth/Ashes," and Tozer quote about getting rest.

When he says that he's glad God has not given up on him, does that mean someone else has?   Just musing...

Agree that he's probably hanging out in bed. And Esther is waiting on him in addition to taking care of her other kids. 

7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Agree that he's probably hanging out in bed. And Esther is waiting on him in addition to taking care of her other kids. 

I saw what you did there. ;)

Yes.  Esther has my sympathy.  As I said earlier, this "I am worthless" phase is also typical of John.  He'll come out of it soon with a brand new bright idea.

15 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I saw what you did there. ;)

Yes.  Esther has my sympathy.  As I said earlier, this "I am worthless" phase is also typical of John.  He'll come out of it soon with a brand new bright idea.

An idea that will cost lots of $$$, get him into trouble somehow, cause Esther more worry and give her more work, upset the locals and require Daddy the genius to bail him out.

Just a guess:whistle:

17 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

formergothardite care to share this timeline? Sounds fascinating. 

Speaking of people who start things and never finish them.......:embarrassed:

I can't even find the partial timeline I made! Damn it! Now I want to start it all over again. Maybe I'll finish it this time. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

16 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

John has posted that he is not worthy of anything.

Yep. We agree I think.

That's the most truthful thing that fool has ever said. 

John has now managed to grift a 16 passenger van. :shock: 

Apparently John has been so "sick" he hasn't been able to do anything, so the local men have teaching, leading the Bible study and doing all the stuff John is supposed to do. 

Probably just as John boy planned it. The evil genius that he is. Now he can snuggle up in his bed, bleating about how well he has " trained" the guys to take over from him.

Sorted.  Sheeple will think he is the Greatest white saviour ever. ☺️$$$ will hopefully keep rolling in.

He can ride around in his new sheeple carrier making umpteen cruddy videos between naps. 

Esther will just have to carry on running the whole shebang as usual. Hopefully he won't find the extra energy to impregnate her.

Unless he can do that in his sleep.

42 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Apparently John has been so "sick" he hasn't been able to do anything, so the local men have teaching, leading the Bible study and doing all the stuff John is supposed to do. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Another vehicle? Does he still have the Troupie and the Toyota Corolla? I'm trying to figure out why he needs 3 vehicles. Are any of his kids old enough to drive?

It's really sad to think how much good could be done with all the money being wasted by John. I hope Esther and the kids have enough to eat and decent living conditions.

It appears from his face book page that he does have 3 vehicles. Original troopie, Toyota car and now Toyota 16 seater.

Tax and insurance still need to be paid in Zambia. 

Who will drive his mini fleet. UNLESS ta-da!! Drum roll.............

His next project- a taxi service business!!!

A way to bring in the $$$$$ and hand out Tracts, hot off his very own printing press to the customers!!!

:dance:

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

At the very least, these fellows have genuine accents.  I  believe that they care more about their fellow parishioners than John does.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must cost to keep these vehicles gassed upped and properly maintained. 

How can people back home not see the problem?  A "missionary" with three vehicles?  If one of the EO priests had those three vehicles even in California the gossip would never stop and there would all kinds of comments to the Bishop if not an outright letter writing campaign.  The budget committee would also probably be getting a lot attention.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived