IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

3 minutes ago, habert said:

Daughter weddings are always more interesting for tv viewers than son weddings because, frankly, misogyny. The idea that the bride's family pays is still pretty much a cultural staple in the states still (and yes, that's true even if it wasn't the case with your wedding), and that means most of the wedding planning can be documented. Also, the Duggar daughters are more camera friendly in that very generally they are more attractive and eloquent than their two ripe-for-marriage brothers JD and Joe.

Joe is an attractive guy but it still amazes me that we basically know NOTHING about him. Even when he went to college we never learned what he learned? When he was done we didn't really learn what he earned? What does he do all day? Where does he work? Does he work? Joe is a big mystery, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's because he's got some stealth intelligence going on and he's trying to stay low for maybe a long con out of the game. Maybe not, but he strikes me as one of the most studious and perceptive (went to "college"/keeps his mouth shut/lays low/got up early as a teen to study the bible/read the bible three times in a year as a goal/etc). I know he was featured more in this past season but I didn't watch it, but I don't think he said anything too revealing, cause nothing he said was ever discussed here at least.

JD is a tv disaster. Poor guy. It really felt like the past year and half-ish JB was trying to market his bachelor son, I think partly because he needed a new Best Son after Joshgate, and hippy Derrick and childman Ben wouldn't cut it. But I think Jeremy is going to fill that role now: he's educated but invested in the faith, he's older and attractive, he's eloquent. JD is just...none of these things. And it's really JB's fault. Maybe we'll see some damage control of that in the next five years with the younger sons (Jed-Jack) to make them more eligible so JB can actually start creating his Duggar empire he's always dream cause right now he has two Duggar boy grandsons from Josh and probably not a lot coming anytime soon.

This has been an unsolicited armchair analysis no one asked for by me, a professional nothing :)

I appreciate your armchair analysis. I think along the same lines, but a little differently. The older Duggar boys are duds. Sure, maybe they're personally great guys (I doubt it), but they add absolutely nothing to the show or the brand. JD and Joe are hopelessly boring. In addition to focusing on the more interesting and likable kids - Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Josiah, and Joy - I would think that TLC and JB would want to bring in some fresh faces who add some likability to the boys. Look at Josh: even before all the skeletons came tumbling out of the prayer closet, Josh was insufferable. However, Anna was sweet, kind of pretty, and willing to play along for the cameras. Anna, in my opinion, made Josh more palatable for viewers, and their kids definitely added to the basis of the show (counting). I would think that it would be in JB's best interest to set JD, Joe, Jed, and Jer up with attractive, eloquent, camera-friendly young ladies, like Marjorie, to add to the family brand. Viewers would be just as excited to see another "sister" added to the family. The only reason this hasn't happened, from what I can tell, is that JD and Joe are unable or unwilling to find a girl. I think that JB will have a lot more success with Josiah, Jed, Jer, Jason, etc. as they seem to actually have personalities. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kira said:

So we are right, Jinger and Jeremy were engaged in June? My wedding date prediction: October 22. 

I am sure they were engaged before they announced the courtship. They had to be assured a wedding was going to come out of any announcement. They can't afford missteps right now. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I have to agree with this. I think the proof is really in the pudding in terms of the Duggar kidults' education level.

The Duggar family currently has nine children over the age of 18. Of those nine children, no one has completed a four year college degree. As far as I know, no one has completed a two year degree either. No one has maintained successful employment in a job that wasn't either self-employment or working for immediate family.

College isn't  for everyone, and there's nothing wrong with being self-employed or working in a family business instead of working for something else... but when the odds of either of those things are zero out of nine, it starts to look like a matter of nobody is able to rather than no one wants to.

That fact becomes extra clear when you look at some of the areas of interest the kidults have (nursing/midwifery, missions, lobbying/political science) where further education would be the logical step for achieving their goals - but they don't. I'm sure some of it is ideological, but I also think that frankly the Duggar kids just don't have the educational foundation to succeed in higher education.

The simple fact of Jill not being able to read the directions on a box of instant rice was horrifying to me.  How hard is it to read 2 cups of water 1 cup of rice put together and boil? It even has fing pictures for the love of God!  She couldn't wrap her head around making such a small amount and was unable to just say well we usually make 2 boxes for our family I guess 1 cup would be enough for 2 of us. She couldn't reason that out and had to have help. 

I wonder if Derick w/ his college education talks to Jill sometimes and thinks JFC what did I get myself into? He might be trying to educate her more and with the family so far away it is easier for him to do. I think with at least ht oldest 10/11 kids their education is so substandard that it is criminal and if they lived anywhere but the south, they would have been called out on it years  and years ago. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

But do you think people will start to talk about how it's weird that none of the other boys are married? I mean, their one Duggar son marriage didn't exactly go so well...

I'd just think J.B. would want to do damage control on the idea that the Duggar boys are creeps. (And I don't think Josh's actions reflect on the others at all, but I can see that becoming an idea about the Duggars.)

I agree...I think after they log this one successfully "in the books", one of the boys is next in line.

5 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

I appreciate your armchair analysis. I think along the same lines, but a little differently. The older Duggar boys are duds. Sure, maybe they're personally great guys (I doubt it), but they add absolutely nothing to the show or the brand. JD and Joe are hopelessly boring. In addition to focusing on the more interesting and likable kids - Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Josiah, and Joy - I would think that TLC and JB would want to bring in some fresh faces who add some likability to the boys. Look at Josh: even before all the skeletons came tumbling out of the prayer closet, Josh was insufferable. However, Anna was sweet, kind of pretty, and willing to play along for the cameras. Anna, in my opinion, made Josh more palatable for viewers, and their kids definitely added to the basis of the show (counting). I would think that it would be in JB's best interest to set JD, Joe, Jed, and Jer up with attractive, eloquent, camera-friendly young ladies, like Marjorie, to add to the family brand. Viewers would be just as excited to see another "sister" added to the family. The only reason this hasn't happened, from what I can tell, is that JD and Joe are unable or unwilling to find a girl. I think that JB will have a lot more success with Josiah, Jed, Jer, Jason, etc. as they seem to actually have personalities. 

Oh yeah! I completely agree, if it wasn't clear. JD and Joe are boring for tv, no one cares if they got married. Then on top of it, there would also be nothing to film because they aren't daughters. But first and foremost, they are boring and have basically no "fans" the older daughters are the true stars of the most boring show on earth.

If JB&M could swing like a real amazing babe for either of them that could get viewers interested in their wedding, then yeah of course their weddings would be good for their show. But like you said, they don't seem interested in finding a wife of any capacity, and the only brides they'll ever snag are dead eyed cult robots anyway. So even if JD or Joe ever get married, we'll have an episode and it won't be a TV EXTRAVAGANZA!!!! It'll be an episode a lot like Josh's. Josiah, unfortunately, is weird for tv viewers. He's forgotten about (especially since he was basically written out of the show when he was at ALERT, remember that? creepy), he had a failed courtship that wasn't even on tv ever, he's still pretty young for people to think it's weird he's still at home. Basically Josiah is the middle child (of 19 oh well).

I bet Jed and Jer will be the most marketable of the Duggar sons, we just have to wait a couple years. Being twins probably helped them socialize better than the others, which is sad. 

29 minutes ago, meee said:

I'm just waiting for one of them to be pregnant at the same time as another's TWO pregnancies: i.e. if Jessa is pregnant now, Jinger announces a pregnancy this winter, and then Jessa gets pregnant again while Jinger is in her ninth month.  Or whatever - I'm just using random names as an example.  I had a baby in March, and I realized the other day that my friend was pregnant at the same time as me twice: one baby in September, and another due next month (yes, 11 months apart) - so she was in her third trimester when I was in my first, and then in her first trimester again when I gave birth.

The Bates babies seem to come in waves (WAVE O' BABIES!), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Duggar girls get a similar dynamic going. My extended family had three "waves" of cousins: my two older cousins and me (1989 and 1991), then my younger sister and two younger cousins (1994, 1995, 1997), and finally, my last two "baby" cousins who aren't really babies anymore *sniff* (2000 and 2001, almost exactly a year apart).

If Jessa is pregnant, that will stop any adoption.

Some of the comments on People had some wild speculations about which Duggarling might be gay. Obviously not as classy as FJ.

Interesting that the three girls married someone with an education post high school. Even Ben has a 2 year degree.

I hope Jinger is happy and free.

Will we change the site to Free Johanna?

4 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The Bates babies seem to come in waves (WAVE O' BABIES!), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Duggar girls get a similar dynamic going. My extended family had three "waves" of cousins: my two older cousins and me (1989 and 1991), then my younger sister and two younger cousins (1994, 1995, 1997), and finally, my last two "baby" cousins who aren't really babies anymore *sniff* (2000 and 2001, almost exactly a year apart).

Forget a wave of babies, both families are about 2 weddings away from a point where there's almost never NOT a baby on the way. I predict those lineups of pregnant sisters/sisters-in-law (like the heavily pregnant Jill, moderately pregnant Anna, and barely pregnant Jessa around the spring of '15) will be more and more common. It's terrifying.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I think we haven't seen more boys marry since after JD there are 4 girls. Josiah had a failed courtship. It is plausible for Joseph to not yet find someone.  Only JD is an anomaly but he's very reserved so I'm not surprised he hasn't found anyone. Not to mention the boys are expected to immediately be able to pump out blessings and provide for their family.  That's enough to scare any young guy. 

:agree:  but,

I wouldn't be suprised if Marjorie and Josiah are back together. I know that some of us thin Joe could be courting Carlin Bates, who has a secret, private instagram. TLC has een hinting about JD having a girlfriend  Also, the Duggar follow a teenage girl(late teens?) on twitter who sometimes tweets about the Duggars.  I've been wondering who she is:think: 

28 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The simple fact of Jill not being able to read the directions on a box of instant rice was horrifying to me.  How hard is it to read 2 cups of water 1 cup of rice put together and boil? It even has fing pictures for the love of God!  She couldn't wrap her head around making such a small amount and was unable to just say well we usually make 2 boxes for our family I guess 1 cup would be enough for 2 of us. She couldn't reason that out and had to have help. 

I wonder if Derick w/ his college education talks to Jill sometimes and thinks JFC what did I get myself into? He might be trying to educate her more and with the family so far away it is easier for him to do. I think with at least ht oldest 10/11 kids their education is so substandard that it is criminal and if they lived anywhere but the south, they would have been called out on it years  and years ago. 

I don't think the rice thing was that bad( someone here posted a screenshot of the rice episode) . It was also a fake storyline. I've never ssen a rice box without a recipe. They could have googled the recipe.  We've discussed the rice episode a million times :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

If Jessa is pregnant, that will stop any adoption.

Some of the comments on People had some wild speculations about which Duggarling might be gay. Obviously not as classy as FJ.

Interesting that the three girls married someone with an education post high school. Even Ben has a 2 year degree.

I hope Jinger is happy and free.

Will we change the site to Free Johanna?

I worry about Johanna tbh. In fact I think about her often.

She's clearly considered a "unit" with her younger sisters, but it's becoming more obvious that she's prepubescent. Yet she's dressed like a little girl and expected to do little girl activities with her three younger sisters. She'd be entering middle school like next year if she was in a normal family. She needs like aged friends and she and Jackson need to be allowed to hang out with each other again.

It's not going to happen though.

Long time lurker here - finally posting - love this forum btw. I have had many hours of reading entertainment for that I thank you!

To one poster who commented about one pregnancy intersecting with another pregnancy- it's bound to happen in Duggarland! 

I was pregnant with my first and had her in October, while my sister in law was pregnant with her third. I was pregnant again in January and my SIL had her daughter in March! Haha! (Mine are 12 months apart. Wasn't planned that way however we were open to letting another baby come whenever it did... just didn't think it would happen THAT soon. lol. Funny thing is I am on my THIRD now and was being careful and on the pill after my second. What do you know. This one will be 13 months later!) 

Jessa is probably pregnant... To me it's not so unusual I suppose that the babies would be around 18 months apart. (I'm non denominational and pretty normal and I had babies extremely close together 0_0) 

What gripes me the most I guess about the Duggars having so many is that I believe that you can and should only have as many children as you can mentally, emotionally and financially care for... the spacing is to me a personal thing- my husband is a bit older than me so I wasn't too bothered by the idea of us having babies close together so he's not in hearing aids by high school graduation. ;) 

As soon as the Joshgates were revealed I was automatically livid that they chose to keep having babies after that whole thing. Ugh. 

Daily Fail confirms that they were engaged last month. So for those of us who called the engagement being on before the courtship announcement, yay us! 

At the bottom is a pic of Jeremy and his siblings. Pics of Valerie are public on her quartet's FB page, but this is the first I've seen of his filmmaker brother. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708737/Jinger-Duggar-ENGAGED-soccer-player-beau-Jeremy-Vuolo-seven-month-courtship.html

I feel most sorry for Jenny. She seems to hate the cameras and she's just lost in the group of little girls. She is not the oldest like Hannie and not the youngest miracle baby like Josie. No one seems to ever notice Jemny or Jordyn. 

FreeJenny!

1 minute ago, habert said:

I worry about Johanna tbh. In fact I think about her often.

She's clearly considered a "unit" with her younger sisters, but it's becoming more obvious that she's prepubescent. Yet she's dressed like a little girl and expected to do little girl activities with her three younger sisters. She'd be entering middle school like next year if she was in a normal family. She needs like aged friends and she and Jackson need to be allowed to hang out with each other again.

It's not going to happen though.

Same thing happened with Joy, only she had no sisters close in age, Jinger being the closest at 4 years older, and she was too busy trying to keep up with Jessa. I really think Joy is the wild card here, shes a middle child in a sea of middle children and the only girl in a sea of boys, she was born in the middle of an 8 boy stretch. Her closest sister in age is 4 years older and the next is 8 years younger.  She tries to keep up with the older girls but she is so much younger than they are, she is left with the boys a lot and the boys seem to be a lot closer to her than the other older sisters. 

56 minutes ago, habert said:

JD is a tv disaster. Poor guy. It really felt like the past year and half-ish JB was trying to market his bachelor son, I think partly because he needed a new Best Son after Joshgate, and hippy Derrick and childman Ben wouldn't cut it. But I think Jeremy is going to fill that role now: he's educated but invested in the faith, he's older and attractive, he's eloquent. JD is just...none of these things. And it's really JB's fault. Maybe we'll see some damage control of that in the next five years with the younger sons (Jed-Jack) to make them more eligible so JB can actually start creating his Duggar empire he's always dream cause right now he has two Duggar boy grandsons from Josh and probably not a lot coming anytime soon.

A John David courtship and wedding would be TV gold! It would be so very, very awkward. Since JD doesn't seem like a completely terrible person (for a Duggar, anyway) I wouldn't wish a televised courtship on him. I would enjoy watching it though.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Same thing happened with Joy, only she had no sisters close in age, Jinger being the closest at 4 years older, and she was too busy trying to keep up with Jessa. I really think Joy is the wild card here, shes a middle child in a sea of middle children and the only girl in a sea of boys, she was born in the middle of an 8 boy stretch. Her closest sister in age is 4 years older and the next is 8 years younger.  She tries to keep up with the older girls but she is so much younger than they are, she is left with the boys a lot and the boys seem to be a lot closer to her than the other older sisters. 

Yes, it's kind of opposite Johanna's problem. She was seen as a unit with her older sisters when she was so much younger. Now she's finally crossing that threshold where it's less of an issue except now three of her older sisters are going to be married! Her oldest sister who is also unmarried is Jana and that's a whole 7 year age difference. 

Johanna would be entering middle school and Joy would be entering college, two exciting times for a young developing girl/woman. Unfortunately, the opportunities were taken away from them by their parents. Makes me furious.

To also piggy back on your "wild card" comment, I absolutely agree. JB&M clearly had no idea what to do with Joy, and they sort of lost track of her at times and she obviously was influenced by her surrounding brothers. I think the same thing happened with Josiah. Joe clearly got on well with JD, and Josiah clearly got on well with Josh but Josh was already a lot older by the time he was born. So Josiah became close with his sisters (Jessa, Jinger, Joy). 

Josiah and Joy are the middle children, and they are the ones with probably the most confusing upbringing in terms of their parent's ideology. 

I saw a pic of Jeremy's mom and sis playing violins. That should be interesting when they get together with the Duggars. And they were wearing PANTS!!11!!

1 minute ago, Screamapillar said:

A John David courtship and wedding would be TV gold! It would be so very, very awkward. Since JD doesn't seem like a completely terrible person (for a Duggar, anyway) I wouldn't wish a televised courtship on him. I would enjoy watching it though.

LMAO, for us it would be!! But FreeJinger isn't the target audience of TLC hahaha

But oh I would love a JD wedding. JD and Joe are my pet favorites, they are big old raised-in-a-cult-by-a-patriarchal-egomaniac-idiot-manchild-while-the-whole-world-watches MESSES. I love the sociology and psychology of people, I love deconstructing people and families. Nothing about Josh/JD/Joe surprises me. JD probably would have flourished eventually if it wasn't for the show. JB has no idea what he got himself into but it's going to hit hard and fast when his sons start reaching 18 in an unstoppable waterfall that we'll be witnessing in just a few short years. I can't wait.

JB wanted a patriarchal empire without losing control of any of his children. He set himself up for failure and he's too stupid to know it. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I saw a pic of Jeremy's mom and sis playing violins. That should be interesting when they get together with the Duggars. And they were wearing PANTS!!11!!

I always wonder if the lighter fundie family when two marry feel obligated to behave in a certain way around the other. Would Jeremy ask them to stay out of pants and keep their mouths shut?

2 hours ago, CharityBear said:

I agree. Her face gives it away.

do you ladies know this because how has her face changed ? me questioning :)

because she looks the same 

but the picture is actually nice and that is coming from me 

Damn :D

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

That pic is in the article I linked above, along with a pic of all three Vuolo siblings. I'd never seen his brother before. If he's fundie, I'll eat my shorts. 

I would love to see the Vuolo's faces when they hear the Duggars play violin! They won't be able to hide the cringing.

I'm glad I caught this thread at 8 pages instead of 22 like when they're courtship was announced.

1) I'm no body language expert but Jeremy looks super possessive of Jinger and it's freaking me out a bit. Especially since he likes how "meek" she is.

2) ME'chelle, lol, get your poodle ass out of their engagement photo..

3) Jessa does look pregnant in the face. Her body, I can't really tell the difference but her face seems to have changed. I'm shocked if she announces before Jill. 

4) I can't tell if I think Jinger looks happy or has a fake smile.

5) OT: Carlin has a secret instagram? When did this happen?

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm glad I caught this thread at 8 pages instead of 22 like when they're courtship was announced.

1) I'm no body language expert but Jeremy looks super possessive of Jinger and it's freaking me out a bit. Especially since he likes how "meek" she is.

2) ME'chelle, lol, get your poodle ass out of their engagement photo..

3) Jessa does look pregnant in the face. Her body, I can't really tell the difference but her face seems to have changed. I'm shocked if she announces before Jill. 

4) I can't tell if I think Jinger looks happy or has a fake smile.

5) OT: Carlin has a secret instagram? When did this happen?

someone find the pictures of jessa before she announced her pregnancy the last time and compare 

although she is doing that hair thing she did when she was 

Jinger is jinger she has no real emotions 

so why mothers out there is she doing that hair thing if she is pregnant? 

46 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Daily Fail confirms that they were engaged last month. So for those of us who called the engagement being on before the courtship announcement, yay us! 

At the bottom is a pic of Jeremy and his siblings. Pics of Valerie are public on her quartet's FB page, but this is the first I've seen of his filmmaker brother. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708737/Jinger-Duggar-ENGAGED-soccer-player-beau-Jeremy-Vuolo-seven-month-courtship.html

I spy what looks like a full on frontal hug- feeling very defrauded over here. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived