IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

It's funny how Jessa says Jinger is marrying her best friend - yet I don't see her marrying her best friend as Jessa says she did. 

and they are all best friends together 

cue Brady Brides and cue Ben wearing more signs on his body 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nst said:

I love that I think you are kinda kidding 

But who wants to bet Jessa, Jinger, Jill and Anna secretly have adjoined calender's where they /email each other when they are ovulating and they just email each other daily :D

Are you really serious?  Let's find something real to talk about.

45 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Y'all I'm scared for Jinger. Jeremy  gonna be worse than Derrick and Ben, those two are relatively harmless, young and goofy and will likely listen to their wives input and have a modicum of respect for them. Jeremy is a grown man, well educated, has experienced secular life (likely including drinking and premarital sex); because of this there's a huge gap between him and Jinger, and he will use that to control her and keep her meek and mild. A grown man like him who seeks out a subservient, victimized, and brainwashed Duggar girl doesn't have positive intentions.

Please don't let this be a Maxwell disaster. 

I am too. Derick and Ben look fairly derpy. Jeremy not only looks controlling but looks like he'd probably rag doll this poor girl. (Blunt and crude, I know)  He just freaks me out in a way that Ben and Derick didn't. I hope I'm completly off about all this.

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

no i am not serious 

Something real - he is wearing sneakers when he proposed 

2 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

And honestly, on the bump front - I personally wish people would *not* start one the day of the wedding.  It's perfectly alright to wait until they actually announce.

This.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Personally, I'd extend that to speculating about whether someone is pregnant in general (before they announce anything) because so much of it is hyper-focused on the woman's body and that's just a bit creepy to me. I've had a miscarriage though and that likely unfairly colors my view on that type of speculation a good deal.

This. And it has nothing to do with your miscarriage @VelociRapture.   You are not oversensitive.  It has to do with overly invasive and creepy.

14 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Seriously? I mean, it's IMPOSSIBLE for adult women who have a sex life to be pregnant at the same time. It HAS to be them planning it for the ratings. I'm guessing that the fact that my sister and bff, who both hung out with me at the same time all the time were pregnant at the same time must have been them timing their cycles. It couldn't just be that healthy adult women of somewhat similar ages happened to get pregnant at the same time, could it?

We should be better than this.

WORD.  We should definitely be better than this.

A Christmas wedding?  Could be tasteful. Could be super gaudy.

I'll go with the latter. 

Can they hold out on the sweet fellowshipping that long? 

14 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Can you let us know what "real" topics are allowed? The amount of speculation on FJ is staggering. 

29 minutes ago, Pandora Spocks said:

I would embrace polygamy just to marry JD myself if he did that!

Also can't stop calling them the Fuggars now. And it makes me giggle a bit when I do.

my bet is on Sept 2 so they can edit everything in time for a VSE season finale.

Disagree. Wedding will be later (late September, early October...no freezing parking lot this time!), and she will get a VSE wedding special over the holidays. Season finale will be the proposal. 

4 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

A Christmas wedding?  Could be tasteful. Could be super gaudy.

I'll go with the latter. 

Can they hold out on the sweet fellowshipping that long? 

I doubt it. I figure late October. That's three month; the average fundie/Duggar engagement period. Just long enough for their 'season' on tv to end with the wedding, thus sucking in the naive viewers for yet another season that will begin after the holidays.

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

I can't find the promo for the new season anywhere! Can anyone savvier than me link it? 

The promo was definately on the people site earlier, I couldn't watch it because I was at work and now i'm sure it has completely disappeared!

Jinger looks giddy and brilliantly happy.  Such a dramatic change in demeanor!   I share everyone's concerns about the apparent power imbalance within this couple, but damn it's nice to see this young woman happy for a change. She looks like someone's just given her the keys to the kingdom. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can you let us know what "real" topics are allowed? The amount of speculation on FJ is staggering. 

OK.  This seems to be deliberate misunderstanding about the purpose of FJ.  We like to have fun and snark on Fundies but we do have a few boundaries.  Boundaries that are very hard to maintain.

It is remarkably hard to do - but you just managed to get on my shit list.  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

The promo was definately on the people site earlier, I couldn't watch it because I was at work and now i'm sure it has completely disappeared!

It's still there.  I just played it.

9 hours ago, nst said:

no no - we will get a sit down dinner in some hall 

because Jinger is different 

I think that the Duggars are aware of and do possibly read Free Jinger. No proof obviously but commonsence tells me that their publicity team must know of us at least.

Therefore Sierra will probably "help"arrange the reception but really TLC will be in charge.

Jinger and Jeremy will NOT have a car park reception. They will NOT run down the aisle after the ceremony. Jinger WILL wear appropriate footwear. REAL  wedding cake will be served to eleventy plus guests. No root beer etc will make an appearance. 

Jingers dress will be totally and modestly appropriate without having a T-shirt addition. It will be perfectly suited to Jingers bohemian look.

Meeeecheles dress will not resemble a dead Armadillo.

BUT ( because not all things change) J-B will chat to Jinger before the ceremony begins, in a most inappropriate J-B way. A J-B  shaped Leopard will never ever change its spots.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

OK.  This seems to be deliberate misunderstanding about the purpose of FJ.  We like to have fun and snark on Fundies but we do have a few boundaries.  Boundaries that are very hard to maintain.

It is remarkably hard to do - but you just managed to get on my shit list.  

That's fine. Does that mean something? Like I will get points or banned? I just wanted to know what is and isn't allowed. There's insane amount of snarking and speculation of silly thing all over FJ. So I'm surprised when a subject is off limits. Especially when it seems it's not serious speculation. 

Jeez, helpmeets and admins don't ban people just because they don't like them.  I'm facepalming my way back a few pages. 

3 minutes ago, Petrel said:

Jeez, helpmeets and admins don't ban people just because they don't like them.  I'm facepalming my way back a few pages. 

This. While I freely admit to temptation on a few occasions, my ethics and belief in the rules says that I can't.

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's fine. Does that mean something? Like I will get points or banned? I just wanted to know what is and isn't allowed. There's insane amount of snarking and speculation of silly thing all over FJ. So I'm surprised when a subject is off limits. Especially when it seems it's not serious speculation. 

The only thing it means is that I think you are an ultimate asshole with serious comprehension problems.  I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt thus far but you just went over the top.

Learn the FJ culture and mind your manners.

I'm not a Helpmeet or an Admin.  I am a seriously pissed off long-term member!

4 minutes ago, Petrel said:

That's good. It would be unfair to ban someone just because you don't like them. 

I do have to say I do not like the speculation that Jeremy is abusive just by a few photos we have seen. I have seen the speculation in facebook comments as well. That seems kind of much.

Just now, hollywood said:

I do have to say I do not like the speculation that Jeremy is abusive just by a few photos we have seen. I have seen the speculation in facebook comments as well. That seems kind of much.

Cosign. This is also bothering me. The comment about her being meek is actually a compliment in her circles. We may all agree that it's not to us, but a "meek and quiet spirit" is a good thing in these circles.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

The only thing it means is that I think you are an ultimate asshole with serious comprehension problems.  I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt thus far but you just went over the top.

I'm sorry you are so pissed off. I didn't plan to piss anyone off. I guess I don't fit in with the culture. But it's ok. We don't all have to like each other on the Internet. 

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

Y'all I'm scared for Jinger. Jeremy  gonna be worse than Derrick and Ben, those two are relatively harmless, young and goofy and will likely listen to their wives input and have a modicum of respect for them. Jeremy is a grown man, well educated, has experienced secular life (likely including drinking and premarital sex); because of this there's a huge gap between him and Jinger, and he will use that to control her and keep her meek and mild. A grown man like him who seeks out a subservient, victimized, and brainwashed Duggar girl doesn't have positive intentions.

I had this same fear.  As several others have pointed out, he gives me a strange vibe....I can't quite put my finger on it. As awful as it sounds in my head, one of my first thoughts was "please don't let him be abusive behind closed doors".  As much as I'd like to think Jim Bob or JD would go Arkansas redneck on him, I'm not secure in that particular thought. 

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Now I'm even more confused about the culture of FJ. I would never dream of calling someone an ultimate asshole in one sentence and then tell the person to mind their manners. It's cool if I'm not welcome here. I just came to snark on fundies but if I don't fit in with the culture, I can go.

10 minutes ago, Petrel said:

They've got my banhammer guarded by a fierce beast to make sure I behave...

Spoiler

image.jpeg

They let me keep this one, but it doesn't do anything...

Spoiler

image.jpeg

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived