IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

1 minute ago, EmiGirl said:

This what my husband and I did. Everyone enjoyed it and still talk about it. Everyo n e has personal preferences. 

Yes, and unlike a sit-down dinner reception, it frees up people for the rest of the day. You have a piece of cake or whatever, wish the couple well, gossip with a few friends, and you're on your way. It has its advantages. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I really hope her wedding ensemble includes an across the forehead headband look-- I'm blanking on what you would call that. Would fit in with her 'hippie' (Duggar hippie) vibe.. It's always sad when you see the tiny bits of individuality they show, I don't think they're capable of showing more than a bit. 

thinking of Cher in the 70's and maybe extra tanning for the day 

how fun

5 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

This what my husband and I did. Everyone enjoyed it and still talk about it. Everyo n e has personal preferences. 

Depends on timing. If you have 4 pm wedding with a 1.5 he ceremony and begin the reception at 6:30 then serve nothing but tiny pieces of cake, your guests might still talk about it, but not in a good way. 

I was in that wedding. And we were starving by the time we left because they also made us get there at 11 am and had no lunch for us.

6 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Yes, and unlike a sit-down dinner reception, it frees up people for the rest of the day. You have a piece of cake or whatever, wish the couple well, gossip with a few friends, and you're on your way. It has its advantages. 

We had ours at 7:30 PM well after people in our area generally eat supperof course one could gave made a meal from our spread. We had 2 different cakes, 2 chocolate fountains , and all kinds of fruits and candies.

6 minutes ago, nst said:

thinking of Cher in the 70's and maybe extra tanning for the day 

how fun

Her orange skin will match her pumpkin theme.

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You have to remember JB did an amazing job of making sure his kids are completely and utterly dependent on him for EVERYTHING.  I'm guessing not a one of them can read much beyond a 6th grade level.  The have enough "education" to not sound completely ignorant of human life. The only one I've seen that seems to have some fraction of intellect is Jana, and I've seen hints of possibility in Joy, but that mean those 2 probably are educated to about a 9th grade level. None of them could hold down a real job for any length of time they've been raised to grift and preach shamelessly.  Josh's what 11 months in DC were such an epic disaster it showed the family that leaving Boobs shelter is a really really REALLY bad idea. 

I really hope you are not right, although it wouldn't surprise me. I'm all for diversity and living how you feel is right, but what really gets me going is lack of educational opportunity. Like, at least love your kids enough to educate them on what's out there; it's not like they don't have the time to learn.

It makes me wonder why he's so controlling. I'm guessing it's a mix between trying to preserve the fundie religion and ego. 

I should say, this is about to get interesting. I'm sure Sierra is jumping for Joy right about now.

Well, now we know why they delayed the new season announcement and preview... clearly they had to wait for something like this to include because NOTHING THEY HAVE BEEN DOING IS INTERESTING.

That clip... Derick saying it's time to get pregnant, Jessa talking about adoption again... all to save the show.

22 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

And only desserts at the wedding! No actual meal.

If they really want to class it up they should have it INSIDE!  with places for people to sit even. 

I bet Jim Bob is happy because he doesn't have to provide a house this time but distraught that she won't be right under his thumb. Presumably she'll be moving to wherever he and his church are -- Texas, right?

23 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I can't wait to see Sierra's designs.  Maybe Joy-Anna will help party plan this time?  :occasion-partyangel:

Bales of hay with (plastic) gourds stacked on them, dried corn stalks as aisle markers, all the colors of mums that wal-mart stocks, burlap.  Boom.  done.  

Funny, this is the first Duggar engagement I've actually had a strong Bleeeuch! No!! reaction to, and I can't really pinpoint why.

:confused:

Josh and Anna amused me (the hand sex, the faces printed on the pillows, the matching tshirts, dear lord...), I thought Jill and Derrick seemed well suited and I had (what I now realise were futile) hopes he might free her. And for Benessa I went back to being amused again because it was 100% driven by the need for jiggy-jiggy.

But this engagement makes me sad...maybe it's because the abuse scandal has come out since there was last an engagement and really highlights how fucked up their world is and how limited their vision. So I feel sadder for Jinger than the rest of her sibs? 

I dunno... :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno: But me not happy.

Just now, nst said:

not that fast if it was May of 2015 -they met and started courting December of 2015?

seven months later - longer than Jill less than Jessa

insane 

I can't begin to guess on the timeline--the Duggars are confusing there as always.  But I think the most significant detail about the Jinger/Jeremy courtship is that it wasn't announced at the end of last season.  They built up to it, but the final episode didn't deliver.  And the question is, "Why?".

My suspicion is that someone wasn't ready to "commit."  I think it may have been decided that the courtship would not be announced to the public until the engagement had been privately agreed on, and it wasn't until about a month ago that the engagement was confirmed.  And I wouldn't be surprised if the confirmation of the new season starting was left open until the official announcement of the engagement.

All this does not bode well for Jinger and Jeremy.  Whatever hesitations or doubts caused the delay in announcing the courtship, the pressure to be on TLC may have pushed things along more briskly than other motivations.  I am not big on analyzing individual pictures, but there does seem to be strain in the faces of both Jeremy and Jinger.

The picture of them looking straight on is a little awkward... but that's because Michelle is in it. I think I'd kind of be like "why are you in my picture" if I was Jinger.

The one of them looking at each other? They look really happy. I dont think i've ever seen Jinger look so happy.

He sure looks delighted at having handed his balls over to JB in the People photo.

What do they call that hugging?  T hugging? Side/front hugging?  It looks a bit more touchy-feeley than straight side hugging.  Scandal.

October 15 wedding, coral bridesmaid dresses (may clash with Jinger's tan) and a Christmas announcement of JinJerBlessing 1's in utero presence.

I wonder if Jeremy will be beaten by putting his lips near her head. How soon before their wedding website and registry of $50,000.00 worth of crap is done?

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Really hope they don't pick that as a name for their eventual offspring. Though it's slightly better than Spurgeon.

just about anything is better than Spurgeon

Just now, karen77 said:

just about anything is better than Spurgeon

Fixed that for you. :D

It looks like he is rubbing her back during that video. I hope everyone is wrong about him and he ends up being a great husband to her. Can't deny that she looks so happy!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived