IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

No need to change a forum title. Jinger needs, freeing more than ever. 
I do hope that she is happy, that Jeremy is happy, that they are not forced or manipulated into this, that they love each other and want to spend a life together. But I can't get over feeling that something is not quite right here, that things are weird and rushed and they are both running towards emotional catastrophe. Maybe it's just because we have seen so little of Jeremy and their relationship. Hopefully. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AlwaysExcited said:

I do hope that she is happy, that Jeremy is happy, that they are not forced or manipulated into this, that they love each other and want to spend a life together. But I can't get over feeling that something is not quite right here, that things are weird and rushed and they are both running towards emotional catastrophe. Maybe it's just because we have seen so little of Jeremy and their relationship. Hopefully. 

Watching the video with Jinger so emotionally happy was almost jarring for me. When have we ever seen her show that much happy emotion...have we ever? A smile that big? Almost bouncing with joy? I hope she's really that blissed out. She says he's everything she's ever prayed for, so here's hoping he is. 

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I saw a pic of Jeremy's mom and sis playing violins. That should be interesting when they get together with the Duggars. And they were wearing PANTS!!11!!

I'm begging you, please don't give Michelle any ideas for a joint family violin playing video to celebrate the engagement or heaven forbid as the music to march down the aisle to.

Jeremy asked Ben and Jessa to tell him about Jinger and this is what he said (from the Dailymail article - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708737/Jinger-Duggar-ENGAGED-soccer-player-beau-Jeremy-Vuolo-seven-month-courtship.html

"Of course, everything they said only confirmed what I had already been seeing: a humble, meek, modest, intelligent young woman with a burning desire to sacrificially serve the Lord in any way she could,' said Vuolo. "

I'm not kidding, I actually said, "Oh BOOOOO" outloud when I read his description of her.

First three adjectives he choose - humble, meek, modest.

Let's see here:

Humble - having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

Meek - quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.

Modest - unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.

I'm not really digging his reasons for digging her...

15 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I just think that it is disturbing to be declaring that you "love getting to know" a person you have been engaged to for a month. 

I know that is the way they think it should be, but it is so wrong. If you are engaged to someone, it should be because you do know them and know them well. 

JD is not just awkward on camera, he is a bit curmudgeonly. I am always waiting for him to pop open a Budweiser, pull on his NASCAR cap and call Josh a sumbitch. 

Michelle is turning 50 on September 13th.  Can't have them upstaging her so the wedding will be later.  Late October or November is my bet. Not the first week of November since they already have Benessa's Anniversary and Jessa and Spurgeon's birthdays.  Sometime before Derjill (which I always read as gerbil) have to return to dangerous CA.

The trees in the background gave me a christmas feeling, so I made this. No need for christmas card this year, Jinger and Jeremy, I fixed it for you!

dsc02209-featured.jpg

53 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

It's a board (bored) joke.

This is the fifth thread (hence the V).

The fourth was Jinger courts the jock.

But @Bad Wolf said she kept reading it as Jerk.

So I indulged her and my warped sense of humor.

(I have also made a mental note that someone suggested SCOOOOOOOOOOORE for the wedding thread.)

And honestly, on the bump front - I personally wish people would *not* start one the day of the wedding.  It's perfectly alright to wait until they actually announce.

Personally, I'd extend that to speculating about whether someone is pregnant in general (before they announce anything) because so much of it is hyper-focused on the woman's body and that's just a bit creepy to me. I've had a miscarriage though and that likely unfairly colors my view on that type of speculation a good deal.

Thats just me though and I know that a lot of the posters here don't agree. So I'll just see my way out of any future "is she" or "isn't she" conversations. 

And I feel really strongly about that suggested wedding thread title needing to happen. I have a 12 year-old boy's sense of humor. :pb_lol:

I just had a thought what if Ben Spud and Jessa were watching as Jeremy proposed and were all teary 

OMG the snarkiness of that moment will put me over the edge LAUGHING 

I can't find the promo for the new season anywhere! Can anyone savvier than me link it? 

52 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

But does she need freeing any more than the other Duggarlings?

I am not seriously suggesting the title of the forum should be changed, but if we were considering a change, "Free Josie" might give us more of a chance to succeed than "Free Jana."

And there is always the possibility, as I suggested in an earlier message, that if Jinger gets on an internet soapbox and starts posting narrow-minded Christian stuff, we may want to rename it "Free-Us-FromJinger." ;)

I have to say that, not having followed the family much before the molestation Joshgate, I couldn't see what it was about Jinger that led to the name.    I gather there was a change.

Finally caught up (for now). I think Jinger seems genuinely happy in the video and I truly do hope that she and Jeremy have a happy marriage. Or at least as happy as possible considering the lifestyle that Jinger has been forced to lead up to this point. I'm hoping that they have an October wedding. Mine is November 12 and I'd rather not share the day with a Duggar since I'll be too busy to keep up with FJ that day :P 

Jessa's face certainly looks a bit fuller. I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant again. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I just think that it is disturbing to be declaring that you "love getting to know" a person you have been engaged to for a month. 

I know that is the way they think it should be, but it is so wrong. If you are engaged to someone, it should be because you do know them and know them well. 

Maybe she means "to know" in the Biblical sense. ;) 

When she says, "I love getting to know this man of God " maybe that is fundie code for,

"I love the idea that I am  getting to know [to go to bed with] this man soon.":giggle:

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

If Jessa is pregnant, that will stop any adoption.

Some of the comments on People had some wild speculations about which Duggarling might be gay. Obviously not as classy as FJ.

Interesting that the three girls married someone with an education post high school. Even Ben has a 2 year degree.

I hope Jinger is happy and free.

Will we change the site to Free Johanna?

I know several people who adopted while pregnant. 

Y'all I'm scared for Jinger. Jeremy  gonna be worse than Derrick and Ben, those two are relatively harmless, young and goofy and will likely listen to their wives input and have a modicum of respect for them. Jeremy is a grown man, well educated, has experienced secular life (likely including drinking and premarital sex); because of this there's a huge gap between him and Jinger, and he will use that to control her and keep her meek and mild. A grown man like him who seeks out a subservient, victimized, and brainwashed Duggar girl doesn't have positive intentions.

Please don't let this be a Maxwell disaster. 

And please no root beer floats in the parking lot. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

So, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Anna pregnant together, and let's not forget the Duggar wannabe, Sierra. Now I've totally grossed everyone out. 

I think they're timing their cycles for thia. Gross. It's bad enough Anna and Michelle was pregnant together. Then Jessa, Jill and Anna. 

I am shocked at this engagement, just shocked! It was not expected at all. 

I am also sure the engagement announcement at the same time as the show's air dates is a total and complete coincidence.

The Duggars do not live their lives for ratings. Nope, not the godly, great, wonderful Duggars.

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

JD is not just awkward on camera, he is a bit curmudgeonly. I am always waiting for him to pop open a Budweiser, pull on his NASCAR cap and call Josh a sumbitch. 

I would embrace polygamy just to marry JD myself if he did that!

Also can't stop calling them the Fuggars now. And it makes me giggle a bit when I do.

my bet is on Sept 2 so they can edit everything in time for a VSE season finale.

34 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

I think they're timing their cycles for thia. Gross. It's bad enough Anna and Michelle was pregnant together. Then Jessa, Jill and Anna. 

Seriously? I mean, it's IMPOSSIBLE for adult women who have a sex life to be pregnant at the same time. It HAS to be them planning it for the ratings. I'm guessing that the fact that my sister and bff, who both hung out with me at the same time all the time were pregnant at the same time must have been them timing their cycles. It couldn't just be that healthy adult women of somewhat similar ages happened to get pregnant at the same time, could it?

We should be better than this.

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Seriously? I mean, it's IMPOSSIBLE for adult women who have a sex life to be pregnant at the same time. It HAS to be them planning it for the ratings. I'm guessing that the fact that my sister and bff, who both hung out with me at the same time all the time were pregnant at the same time must have been them timing their cycles. It couldn't just be that healthy adult women of somewhat similar ages happened to get pregnant at the same time, could it?

We should be better than this.

I love that I think you are kinda kidding 

But who wants to bet Jessa, Jinger, Jill and Anna secretly have adjoined calender's where they /email each other when they are ovulating and they just email each other daily :D

I normally never speculate I pregnancy of women in the public eye like celebrities or pop stars. But I make an exception for quiverfull fundies. They basically shout from the rooftops to anyone who will listen that they believe Guod should decide the number of children they will have and whore their litters out to TLC or anyone who will pay them. Sorry, speculation that you are pregnant every five minutes comes with the quiverfull territory. You don't get to flaunt your rejection of all types of birth control and then expect people not to speculate. 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I love that I think you are kinda kidding 

But who wants to bet Jessa, Jinger, Jill and Anna secretly have adjoined calender's where they /email each other when they are ovulating and they just email each other daily :D

No. I'm really not kidding. At all. I think the whole conversation here is gross, and we should be better than this.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived