IGNORED

Jinger & Jerk V - Engaged

SpoonfulOSugar

3 minutes ago, habert said:

Excellent point. Marjorie, as it's been discussed, had a tv ready personality and probably some interest in being on tv. But for most fundie women, this won't be the case. Look at Anna, she had to learn how to be on tv and eventually she more or less did. But she did not know what to do with herself in front of a camera because she, like most young woman being reared by hateful patriarchal god complex men, didn't know what to do with herself generally.

Any woman JD might be able to land is going to be a submissive child-woman who will probably fear being put on tv. Her wedding she might be able to be convinced that she's doing god's work by providing "testimony" to large audience! But the whole wedding process, that'll be difficult. Especially since JD's best bet is to find a struggling poor family that needs to get rid of grown daughters, since his best quality at that point is basically swooping them out of their trailer into riches and glory (a la Josh and Anna). I can't imagine an actual dynamic woman with prospects would want to tolerate JD just for some Duggar fame when Duggar fame is shaky right now and there are still "fundie famous" families with sons available.

Are you kidding?? Mama Jill Rodrigues would love to be on National TV. She would love her daughters to marry into the Bates or Duggar Family.  She would finally be famous. I hate to say it, but I would actually enjoy watching that train wreck. She reminds me of Hyacinth from Keeping Up Appearances. Nurie should be available soon. Pretty sure that Jim Bob or Gil would not want her as an in-law. But there are fundies out there that want to be famous and marry into these families.

Check out her blog to see for yourself and the forum here:

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=2654 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, accountingstar said:

Are you kidding?? Mama Jill Rodrigues would love to be on National TV. She would love her daughters to marry into the Bates or Duggar Family.  She would finally be famous. I hate to say it, but I would actually enjoy watching that train wreck. She reminds me of Hyacinth from Keeping Up Appearances. Nurie should be available soon. Pretty sure that Jim Bob or Gil would not want her as an in-law. But there are fundies out there that want to be famous and marry into these families.

thank you but no :D 

she is scary 

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

Well, after this, it's a boys turn, why are so many boys still at home????

Because it is a lot easier for a family to turn over their son to be master of the house to some Duggar girl than to turn your daughter over to be a second class citizen in Duggar World?

1 minute ago, accountingstar said:

The Duggars as in-laws is Jill's white whale, and it is never going to happen lol.

6 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I also wonder if somehow Jeremy will find a job in northwest Arkansas and live in a rental.

I suspect Jeremy and Jinger will spend lots of time in NW Arkansas, perhaps starting another church for Ben to take over.  Jessa and Jinger will enjoy lots of "sister time", Jinger will be pregnant in a shake of a harlots tail, and little Veremy Vuolo will make his appearance in a 2017 VSE.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No one seems to ever notice Jemny or Jordyn. 

Sounds like a perfect recipe for quietly slipping away from the fam when they come of age.

48 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jill lives in Danger America, and Derick is in the employ of SOS, not Boob. Of course, that will all change when they come home and get to live in one of Boob's rentals rent-free. Who knows if SOS is paying them for whatever "training" Derick claims they're going to get while back the States? We'll talk if Jill turns up pregnant. Then all bets for returning to Danger America are off. 

I'm not counting missions. They're temporary and you must only get paid a stipend or something, if that, by SOS.  I'm talking about when Jill & Derick come back, they'll  go back to being where they were, living in a JB house.  Derick would have to have a really high paying job somewhere else to have a justification to leave Arkansas.  Missions must be some sort of escape.

So, the bump watch thread is going to start the day of their wedding, correct? :pb_lol:

If Jinger is happy, then that's great, but I can't help but hope they eventually leave fundamentalism behind. No amount of adorable (and with those two as parents, those kids are going to be freaking adorable) children is going to make their beliefs any less harmful. 

30 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I don't think Jessa and Ben will ever adopt. It's all talk to attempt to drum up popularity. Jessa will be constantly pregnant.

I can see Jill adopting a baby to save him from the evil Danger America lifestyle. Then never going back there. But the only way Jessa will EVER adopt, IMO, is if some fundie girl gets knocked up and gives her baby to Jessa. She's not going to put in the effort required for international adoption and she's not going to foster or any of the adoptions where you can't constantly be pregnant.

2 minutes ago, Kira said:

I think Jinger and Jeremy will live in Texas....

Laredo is a torrid place in the summer time.  Highs of 104 to 105 degrees for this week and it isn't even August yet. 

I'll just make a list because it's easier/I'm busy:

1. I hope Jinger takes the Alyssa Bates route and loves her family FROM AFAR, and starts wearing stilettos, skinny jeans and yoga pants.

2. I don't know why this occurred to me, but I can see a few months after the wedding her doing a People spread about how he helped her battle an eating disorder (ala Boob and MEEEchelle) through his love of Christ and that is how she knew he was the one (or some garbage like that).

3. I SWEAR TO GOD JEREMY, DON'T BE A DOUCHE.

4. I predict the wedding will be in LATE SEPTEMBER with coffee flavored everything and the bridal parties in wedding theme soccer jerseys for all the pre-wedding crap. Boob will mostly certainly embarrass himself with some alpha-male stunt and creepy references to Jeremy finally getting to bang and impregnate his daughter.

5. Since Jillymuffin is back in august she's gonna get knocked up ASAP with either an announcement directly before or right after the wedding.

6. So we should probably rename this place Free Jana now?

2 minutes ago, barbecutie said:

1. I hope Jinger takes the Alyssa Bates route and loves her family FROM AFAR, and starts wearing stilettos, skinny jeans and yoga pants.

2. I don't know why this occurred to me, but I can see a few months after the wedding her doing a People spread about how he helped her battle an eating disorder (ala Boob and MEEEchelle) through his love of Christ and that is how she knew he was the one (or some garbage like that).

4. I predict the wedding will be in LATE SEPTEMBER with coffee flavored everything and the bridal parties in wedding theme soccer jerseys for all the pre-wedding crap. Boob will mostly certainly embarrass himself with some alpha-male stunt and creepy references to Jeremy finally getting to bang and impregnate his daughter.

5. Since Jillymuffin is back in august she's gonna get knocked up ASAP with either and announcement directly before or right after the wedding.

I voye for Free Jana.  Will Jill start announcing things to upstage Jinger?

I haven't followed this story. Is there a particular reason Jeremy is being called "Jerk," or is it just that people are assuming (probably fairly) that someone interested in marrying into the Duggar family must be a jerk?

34 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

I'm not counting missions. They're temporary and you must only get paid a stipend or something, if that, by SOS.  I'm talking about when Jill & Derick come back, they'll  go back to being where they were, living in a JB house.  Derick would have to have a really high paying job somewhere else to have a justification to leave Arkansas.  Missions must be some sort of escape.

I disagree. I think Jill and Derick(and Ben and Jessa) could leave Arkansas if they wanted to

3 minutes ago, barbecutie said:

5. Since Jillymuffin is back in august she's gonna get knocked up ASAP with either an announcement directly before or right after the wedding.

Re #3: The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture of him on one knee was "Can I say something crazy? Will you marry me?" "Can I say something even crazier? YES!" -- now I know why Jeremy gives me such douche vibes.

Also, very good predictions about the wedding. I also think that Sierra will make the whole thing look like Pinterest got blackout drunk and projectile vomited all over the venue, and Michelle will wear something even more hideous than her C3PO's Frumpy Grandma getup from Jill's wedding.

2 hours ago, SunnySideUp said:

I appreciate your armchair analysis. I think along the same lines, but a little differently. The older Duggar boys offspring are duds. Sure, maybe they're personally great guys (I doubt it), but they add absolutely nothing to the show or the brand. JD and Joe are hopelessly boring. In addition to focusing on the more interesting and likable kids - Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Josiah, and Joy - I would think that TLC and JB would want to bring in some fresh faces who add some likability to the boys. Look at Josh: even before all the skeletons came tumbling out of the prayer closet, Josh was insufferable. However, Anna was sweet, kind of pretty, and willing to play along for the cameras. Anna, in my opinion, made Josh more palatable for viewers, and their kids definitely added to the basis of the show (counting). I would think that it would be in JB's best interest to set JD, Joe, Jed, and Jer up with attractive, eloquent, camera-friendly young ladies, like Marjorie, to add to the family brand. Viewers would be just as excited to see another "sister" added to the family. The only reason this hasn't happened, from what I can tell, is that JD and Joe are unable or unwilling to find a girl. I think that JB will have a lot more success with Josiah, Jed, Jer, Jason, etc. as they seem to actually have personalities. 

Here, fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I don't think Jessa and Ben will ever adopt. It's all talk to attempt to drum up popularity. Jessa will be constantly pregnant.

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

I also wonder if somehow Jeremy will find a job in northwest Arkansas and live in a rental.  I don't think John David is that bad, he just doesn't seem to care for the camera.  

Didn't mean to copy the second quote.  Re the first one: Yes. That was all new marriage excitement and talk.  She really didn't know how all this would work and was in fantasy land and TV promo land.  She'll simply be constantly pregnant. Now that she's starting to see how demanding that is, the adoption talk will stop.  By kid number five when you're trying to homeschool from the small cup of knowledge you learned from Michelle, you figure out pretty fast there isn't an ounce of space for adoption.

17 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I haven't followed this story. Is there a particular reason Jeremy is being called "Jerk," or is it just that people are assuming (probably fairly) that someone interested in marrying into the Duggar family must be a jerk?

From where I'm sitting it's mostly speculation. We don't know much about Jeremy* and almost nothing about his relationship with Jinger other than what we can guess from pictures. We will realistically have to wait to see when the show comes back what kind of person he is and how he and Jinger interact. 

*minus that he got into some trouble while drinking in college,  that he recommitted his life to Christ afterward, and now is a pastor of a small church plant in Laredo, TX. 

In my head, I want Jeremy to take Jinger to a good sized city, far enough away from the Godbobber and Me'chelle, and let her be a photographer, maybe take a college class in it. 

Wishful thinking but eh.

15 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It's a board (bored) joke.

This is the fifth thread (hence the V).

The fourth was Jinger courts the jock.

But @Bad Wolf said she kept reading it as Jerk.

So I indulged her and my warped sense of humor.

(I have also made a mental note that someone suggested SCOOOOOOOOOOORE for the wedding thread.)

And honestly, on the bump front - I personally wish people would *not* start one the day of the wedding.  It's perfectly alright to wait until they actually announce.

So, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Anna pregnant together, and let's not forget the Duggar wannabe, Sierra. Now I've totally grossed everyone out. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

So, Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Anna pregnant together, and let's not forget the Duggar wannabe, Sierra. Now I've totally grossed everyone out. 

That would be so much pregnancy. So much. Think of all the pictures...

6 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

That would be so much pregnancy. So much. Think of all the pictures...

Think of the size of chalkboard that would be needed.

Just now, skybrink said:

Think of the size of chalkboard that would be needed.

And the amount of chalk they'd go through.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived