IGNORED

Lori Alexander 10: Fickle Brained Woman (and she would know)

4 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh yikes!  Sorry to hear that.  The housing any place we lived was pretty good (enlisted and officers).  One even included washers and dryers.  The one thing that sucked was my hubby was a Lt. and you had to be a Major or above to get a dishwasher. 

This would have been in the mid-80's. The housing was awful, run down, just generally nasty. It all got demolished about 15 years ago and replaced. The Air Force had better housing, but alas! We were Navy. Most senior enlisted bought houses away from the base and had the commutes from hell. The Army housing was even worse. At one point, part of the Army commissary had a dirt floor. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably heresy to Lori and the Fangirls -- but if a father is working multiple jobs and is always away from home, isn't the SAHM essentially a single mother?  Raising the children without any input from the father -- except for money.

If a father isn't physically there to interact with and be an example to his children then he has no role in their lives and upbringing.  Lori makes such a big deal about how if children are asked they want their mothers home.  I suspect most children would answer that they want to see their fathers too.

Although maybe I'm basing this on my non-fundie childhood with a daddy who was home every night by 5:30 and who we were glad to see and who spent time with us.

If fundie fathers are like Ken who ignored his infants, made his sons play sports with injuries, and body shamed his daughters for an extra 5 lbs,  the kids are probably glad dad is not home.  Of course if fundie moms are like Lori, the kids are probably silently begging them to work.

I'm happy to see that Lori's children are keeping up with the baby photo trend. Here's a dead-looking Grace (I'm sorry, but that what it looks like to me. Adorable name though!) and doll-looking Rilyn. 

13920491_10154459171042427_433433576785692834_o.jpg

13738361_720359811435048_62287474116671325_o.jpg

Edited to say: Whops! Sorry for the big pictures, snatched them from fb.

18 hours ago, Granwych said:

I dunno, I find it hard to believe that Lori spent a dime on classroom supplies or anything like that.  Her clothes, her car, maybe, but $$ spent on the poor kids who had the misfortune of being in her classroom?  I sincerely doubt it.   She did not want to be there and she most likely disliked her students.

The money you spend on your classroom is not necessarily directly for the kids. A lot of it is spent to decorate the classroom. Schools provide next to nothing for bulletin boards, posters, etc... They also supply the cheapest nastiest office supplies for teachers. Lots of teachers also spend personal money on personal office supplies. If I wanted a decent pen for myself, I had to buy it. If I wanted markers for the marker board in colors other than black or red, I had to buy them. If I wanted a desk organizer to keep supplies in, I had to buy it.

I cannot imagine that Lori would have been happy with the cheap garbage schools supply. I also cannot imagine that she would have settled for a classroom decorated only with the bare basics that schools have laying around. Some teachers get really competitive about classroom decor and I would bet she was among them. 

I do agree, though, that she probably was not the teacher who paid for extra supplies to help out kids who didn't have them. But for most teachers, that is a small fraction of the money they are spending out of pocket. 

On base housing is a lot nicer now than it used to be, but it can still be hard on bigger families with low-ranking members.  Daycare is a pretty good price, but still adds up.  They do have parents' day out about once a month where it's like $20, for 9 hours, so that helps.

It seems Ken's in charge of the interwebz for the day.  He's happily interacting with all of Lori's readers:

Lori will be happy to see your kind comment when she gets back online soon. 

Wonder what on earth pried The Godly Mentor away from the internet?

Perhaps Ken grounded her.  We all know how he feels about discipline and consequences for the "naughty" wife.  What was it he said?  Oh, yeah...

Ken Alexander:

He just wants to know you are trying, and that when the fight is over, you will come to him and snuggle up and whisper in his ear, "I am so sorry, I have been a very naughty girl. Will you forgive me?" 

*gag*  

Remember Ken, don't tell her readers how pretty they are.  Don't give them advice on how you think they should wear their hair.  Don't ask for their address, & don't offer them M&Ms.  Basically, try not to be a creep.

IMO the chances he doesn't screw around on her just constantly approach 0%. Probably with a series of orthodontic assistants who look weirdly like his daughters. I bet they give up TWELVE minutes-with-lube and only want a c-class instead of an s-class.

You should get a private detective, Lori. You might get it down to 8 minutes and up to a Maybach.

Excellent list, Koala.

Just wanted to add:

- Lori admits to clashing with Alyssa

- Lori's mentioned that Alyssa is struggling with infertility, but that hasn't stopped her from being astonishingly insensitive.  It goes beyond the constant refrain that all women were created to be mothers.  When Alyssa posted an Instagram pic of her cute new puppy, Lori chimed in that a baby would be better.

- Lori regularly talks about the evils of immodestly dressed women, despite the fact that her daughters and daughter-in-law are clearly not following her advice, so she's basically shaming them in public.

- She told the world how great it was that her son Ryan was continuing the pattern of dysfunctional feeding with her 1 yr old granddaughter, who was left crying for food while her parents ate, and force fed at other times.  Both Lori and Ken think this is normal.  Ken even came here and insisted that babies need to have food shoved in their mouths in between cries.

10 hours ago, Koala said:

Remember Ken, don't tell her readers how pretty they are.  Don't give them advice on how you think they should wear their hair.  Don't ask for their address, & don't offer them M&Ms.  Basically, try not to be a creep.

Gee Koala, you're taking away all Ken's fun!

Can you picture what it  must be like having Ken consult at an office you work in?  Yech.  You know for sure he never shuts up the whole time he's there.

12 hours ago, Koala said:

He just wants to know you are trying, and that when the fight is over, you will come to him and snuggle up and whisper in his ear, "I am so sorry, I have been a very naughty girl. Will you forgive me?" 

Am I the only one who get's a really kinky vibe from this? Maybe Ken and Lori are into the more, let's say, "spicy" varieties of sweet fellowship?

- not that I'd mind, I'm of the "sane, safe and consentual" persuasion.

13 hours ago, Koala said:

"I am so sorry, I have been a very naughty girl. Will you forgive me?"

Maybe Lori likes a good spanking. LOL

Well, let's just say that Lori is responsible for this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/07/when-words-wont-resolve-arguments.html

And she once made the following comment to SSM (Sunshine Scary Mary):

My husband and I got a good laugh over it. He told me he would have given me 2 choices: a good spanking or no dishwasher. I told him I would take the spanking any day!

Combine that with the fact that she's repeatedly told the net that Debbi Pearl "spanked her with her words" and you can make of it what you will.  

2 hours ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

Am I the only one who get's a really kinky vibe from this? Maybe Ken and Lori are into the more, let's say, "spicy" varieties of sweet fellowship?

- not that I'd mind, I'm of the "sane, safe and consentual" persuasion.

Lorken's problem is that they have no idea how to own their kink.

I'm very curious to know how Lori and Ken would react if I told them:  the two times I was out of work after my daughter was born, he told me to go back to work.  He said he couldn't handle the load by himself so I had to go make money too.  I guess she'd say that I should have stopped all my extraneous spending--ya know stop renting an income based apartment or wean the baby off expensive formula so she could have the same nutritious food we did....or even subtly manipulate him into not wanting me to work outside the home.  I ended up in the military to give us some stability....she'd really faint at that one.  

Also IRT the kink issue....I made a comparison of BDSM and fundie relationships in a comment on a blog a long while back...I'm fairly certain the comment was never published or addressed.  (I'll have to go dig that up.....)

57 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What no post from Lori yesterday?  has this ever happened before? God must be very displeased.

I think when she dealt with one of her brain tumors a few years back she didn't do a posting for a day and Ken did guest posts about her condition. IIRC, a couple of posts had been saved beforehand and then published by Ken I guess.

And today's post looks like it wasn't proofread before posting. It reads like a mishmash of all Lori's pet topics, and is full of grammatical and spelling errors, including the header. "Anything Worth Having Takes Works," followed in the photograph by 'Anything Worth Having Takes Hard Word.

Well, I'm sure it took some hard words on Lori's part to make Ken buy her that expensive sofa. :my_dodgy:

For some reason, I get the feeling today's post was written by Ken. Lori makes her share of typos and misspellings, but this just reads like one of Ken's hastily thrown-together rants. He usually has many atrocious writing errors of his own.

That would be odd if, as many of us suspect, Lori has  posts stockpiled and scheduled for publication. Maybe her posts ran out, or maybe Ken decided to go rogue and insert one of his own posts while Lori was ill and away from the computer. 

11 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

For some reason, I get the feeling today's post was written by Ken. Lori makes her share of typos and misspellings, but this just reads like one of Ken's hastily thrown-together rants. He usually has many atrocious writing errors of his own.

That would be odd if, as many of us suspect, Lori has  posts stockpiled and scheduled for publication. Maybe her posts ran out, or maybe Ken decided to go rogue and insert one of his own posts while Lori was ill and away from the computer. 

I thought the same thing, too, at first, but he's usually a lot more wordy. He just can't help himself. Unless, of course, he held back on purpose to try to sound like Lori. Wouldn't put it past him. :my_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Well, I'm sure it took some hard words on Lori's part to make Ken buy her that expensive sofa. :my_dodgy:

More likely it took some hard spanks from Ken...

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived