IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jesus can't be VP, because nepotism. Maybe he could be attorney general like RFK..

Nepotism, schepotism! House of Cards has answered the running mate relative question for us.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, marmalade said:

He's basically saying "throw away the First Amendment and have a "REVIVAL!!!!!111" Seriously. A revival. 

I know how fundies think they're so in tune with the Founding Fathers, so I might have commented that he's in total disagreement with Thomas Jefferson but did not mention Separation of Church and State. The 14 year old leghumpers on the feed would get confused. I did mention that his vision of a fundamentalist Christian country makes us no better than Iran. 

Oops. :D

eta: Forgot to post the video! D'oh! It's late. 

Eww. Isn't he just BARELY old enough to vote? But please, impart your wisdom.

*eyeroll*

Lmao it just kept going on repeat and I can't help but laugh every time he says "Godman". Thanks for the wise words Bin. 

24 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Lmao it just kept going on repeat and I can't help but laugh every time he says "Godman". Thanks for the wise words Bin. 

I've got "Do the Bartman" running on a loop in my head now :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jesus can't be VP, because nepotism. Maybe he could be attorney general like RFK..

I think it is a little more complicated than nepotism.  You are forgetting that Jesus is God, especially to Fundie-types.  (I still haven't recovered from the student who told me that Jesus got the Jews out of Egypt.) 

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jesus can't be VP, because nepotism.

And is he even old enough? Is he over 2000 years old or did the clock stop at 33 for him? You know that issue would be fiercely debated.

And is he even old enough? Is he over 2000 years old or did the clock stop at 33 for him? You know that issue would be fiercely debated.

Jesus wasn't born in the US so his dreams of being president are dashed.

I don't think he's saying vote for Jesus, but rather that "we" (I'm assuming Christians) shouldn't be depending on someone just because they're a republican or Trump to fix things for "us." I think he's speaking to Trump supporters and discouraging them from putting all their faith in someone like him, which I can't fault. He's saying what I have heard several pastors say, which is that if you want to enact real change that it starts with a personal relationship with Christ and not depending on any man to "make America great again."  I think he sounds weird because he doesn't have a natural reading voice and he's reading what he wrote to say. 

17 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I didn't even know God was running for president!  

I demand to see his birth certificate!!!!

Well, here are some Native American deities that could be write ins.

Pele

Gitche Manitou

Tabaldak

Igaluk

Nanook

Nerrivik

Pinga

Sedna

Torngasoak

Canopus

Haokah

Whope

Wi

There are lots more if these don't work for anyone.

On 7/30/2016 at 7:45 AM, IrishCarrie said:

My (very glum) prediction is that Jessa and Anna are already pregnant and due early next year. By which time Jinger and Jill will also be up the duff, even if barely, and we'll get that longed for pic of all four of them pushing out their bellies at the same time.

:puke-front: ...why do I insist on doing this to myself on a Saturday morning??...:puke-front:

I wonder how TLC would handle an Anna pregnancy, given sentiments toward Josh and the ban on him appearing on the show.  It would be especially awkward if one or more of her SILs was pregnant at the same time and we were seeing interactions with spouses.

On 8/4/2016 at 0:30 PM, RabbitKM said:

I think Ben wants "Voting for God" to be a count title...

Actually, he's for "The Godman." 

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Actually, he's for "The Godman." 

Uh oh... that sounds an awful lot like "The Gub'mint" and we can't have that misunderstanding!

On 8/5/2016 at 0:36 AM, CrazyCatLady said:

Jesus wasn't born in the US so his dreams of being president are dashed.

And He probably looked like your garden variety Middle Eastern dude.

So according to the Lily blog, Spurgeon Seewald can now stand by himself while holding on to a "study object".

Hmmm. 

On August 4, 2016 at 7:06 AM, paulypepper said:

Anyone else get the feel of Bins video being almost "rap-like" ?

Yes, I picked up on that, too. Maybe he has aspirations of ghost writing for Flame....

Okay so like throwback to President Obama's second election with one of my sunday school teachers crying infront of us about how the ebil liberals were going to allow something horrible of gay marriage and that Romney will keep this nation as pure and Christian as it should (My Church is Evangelical, but I was super confused by this statement because he's technically mormon....) and then another sunday school teacher saying that Obama or Romney can't save us, it's only God.

I'm still a Christian, but like 4 years later I'm still trying to understand this whole vote God thing so I thank you @lizzybee for finally giving the explanation that I've needed haha.

... oh dear. He's trying to hard to deliver on the public speaking I almost feel bad for him -- not enough to forget he's a Straight Bro who found Jesus and suddenly thinks his calling is to channel that mansplaining tendency into shitty preaching (and gradually "running" his severely* problematic household when he's a good Jim Ben),  of course, but still bad for him nonetheless. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

(* - "severely," ahehehehehe ............ smile)

A bit OT, but I'm watching a show on Investigation Discovery about the murder of Amy Weidner by Rodney Denk in Indianapolis.  One of the homicide detectives was  Spurgeon. That was his last name though.  

I'll listen to Ben's opinions on politics when he can eloquently explain the Electoral College......so probably never.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived