IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

On 7/28/2016 at 10:15 PM, coffeebean7 said:

Oh totally. That's just the reported average. 

I could just easily see that being the case for Jill. Or not, I mean her mom certainly had no trouble conceiving while nursing .

Her mom also weaned her babies early so she could conceive the next one.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a Peggy. She's in her late fifties. I asked her when I first met her if her name was Margaret. She gave me the strangest look and I said "Peggy is short for Margaret" She did not know that, and told me that no, her mother just named her Peggy.

I used to think of King Of The Hill when I heard that name. Now I think of the Peggy I know now. Either way, it is weird to think of a baby being named Peggy.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, RoseWilder said:

To Train Up a Child advises starting blanket training - as well as hitting babies for other reasons - as early as four months. 

The book gives several examples of hitting babies as young as Spurgeon and even younger. And there is one example of repeatedly hitting a baby with a pencil or ruler for going near the stairs. They also advise set up situations for babies Spurgeon's age (and younger) where they will be tempted by something you don't want them to have and then hitting them with an implement every time they reach for it. It was the most revolting thing I've ever read in my life. 

How did those guys ever get so popular?  Just because they said Jesus a lot in the book?  I just can't imagine a path from first publishing a book like that to getting so deep in the fundie culture that everyone is following it.

45 minutes ago, anotherone said:

How did those guys ever get so popular?  Just because they said Jesus a lot in the book?  I just can't imagine a path from first publishing a book like that to getting so deep in the fundie culture that everyone is following it.

I think it was just passed around fundie circles. All parents have trouble with toddlers. That's why it's called the terrible twos. I suspect anytime someone complained about their willfull toddler, another fundie recommends the book. Maybe it started out being used for defiant 2 year olds but then they start using it earlier and earlier on their next children so they can beat the will out of them before it gets too strong. I mean, if you have a huge amount of children close in age, you have to do something to keep them in order. I'm not condoning it but I actually see how this book can be so popular in fundie circles.

The phrase "break their will" , while being chilling in its own right, is another part of the path of "JOY: living for Jesus, Others, Yourself".. that the fundies so happily espouse. They are so needing to herd children under their "umbrella of protection" that they will do psychological damage in order to obtain it.

What gets me about the Duggars's JOY, is that it all seems to be for their glory, not for Jesus or others. I wonder if they do any real service work when the cameras aren't there.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it was just passed around fundie circles. All parents have trouble with toddlers. That's why it's called the terrible twos. I suspect anytime someone complained about their willfull toddler, another fundie recommends the book. Maybe it started out being used for defiant 2 year olds but then they start using it earlier and earlier on their next children so they can beat the will out of them before it gets too strong. I mean, if you have a huge amount of children close in age, you have to do something to keep them in order. I'm not condoning it but I actually see how this book can be so popular in fundie circles.

I dipped my toe into fundie life. I was childless at the time and two different people I went to church with recommended the book to me. 

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

I dipped my toe into fundie life. I was childless at the time and two different people I went to church with recommended the book to me. 

They wanted to make sure you blanket trained your baby in the womb!

The "Others" in the Duggars' JOY acronym seems to refer only to family members. They seem to do very little for people in their community or other people in need unless it's for a photo op or special episode. (With all the adults and teens in the family who don't have to hold down jobs with regular hours and don't seem to have much to do with themselves, you would think that someone would manage to find time to volunteer on a routine basis, but they never talk about doing so.) Instead the Duggars seem to see themselves as happy and deserving recipients of other people's donations rather than potential contributors.

15 hours ago, anotherone said:

Anything with Jesus in it is for sure right. Right??

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language (I am not American). I just saw a picture on an the spurgeon_seewald instagram page (maybe someone already mentioned it before) . I noticed Jessa's "blessed mama" shirt, although it ofcourse can be an old shirt as well.

A friend of mine is a defense attorney in the Cincinnati area.  He once represented a client, arrested on some fairly minor charges, who was quite heavily pregnant.  He successfully got the criminal proceedings postponed until after the birth.

Fast forward several months, the baby's been born, and they're meeting again to discuss her case.  He inquires after the baby and asks her name.  Mom says she heard this word on the radio and thought it was just lovely, so she picked it as her baby's name.

She'd named the kid Anthrax.  This was at the time not long post-9/11 when some sicko was mailing the stuff to prominent individuals.

Rick politely explained what Anthrax is and then did a little pro bono work to look up how to change a child's name in Ohio.  For very young children it was just a touch of paperwork and a small fee.

On August 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Toothfairy said:

Maybe Derrick is pulling out or wearing condoms. 

That was a mental image I did not need. :my_sick:

The perfect parents just dropped a video on how to dress babies 

you know they think they are the ONLY ones in the world to show us heathens how to dress a baby 

And Ben sounds nasily :D

but Jessa is clearly in love with Spud 

I assume Jessa posted this to Insta, since I didn't see it anywhere else, and I'm #blessablocked. 

Care to give a play-by-play? How many times did they say they were blessed? Invoke Jesus?

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I assume Jessa posted this to Insta, since I didn't see it anywhere else, and I'm #blessablocked. 

Care to give a play-by-play? How many times did they say they were blessed? Invoke Jesus?

she didn't post it to instagram - it's on facebook 

they discuss which outfit they like him in - jessa likes overalls and hard clothes with a bow tie from izzy -HAND ME DOWNS must be mentioned 

and Ben likes onsies's which he can zip up 

and she laughs at them the entire time while he changes spud from whatever he was wearing to a onsie 

5 hours ago, Kyoo said:

A friend of mine is a defense attorney in the Cincinnati area.  He once represented a client, arrested on some fairly minor charges, who was quite heavily pregnant.  He successfully got the criminal proceedings postponed until after the birth.

Fast forward several months, the baby's been born, and they're meeting again to discuss her case.  He inquires after the baby and asks her name.  Mom says she heard this word on the radio and thought it was just lovely, so she picked it as her baby's name.

She'd named the kid Anthrax.  This was at the time not long post-9/11 when some sicko was mailing the stuff to prominent individuals.

Rick politely explained what Anthrax is and then did a little pro bono work to look up how to change a child's name in Ohio.  For very young children it was just a touch of paperwork and a small fee.

Poor child, did no one think to tell her before she registered her. 

I said this in an earlier thread but my vote for benessa baby 2 is still Washer for a boy and Psalm for a girl. Maybe Gabriel for the boys middle name. I'll have to think about a girl middle name that goes with psalm though. 

Both first names come from who / what bin quotes on Instagram since that seemed to have worked for the first kid. 

It's August which means pre adoption will be allowed ? because he will be 9 months 

are we expecting an announcement soon ? 

3 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Poor child, did no one think to tell her before she registered her. 

I have heard of cases where medical residents and/or snarky nurses actually encouraged undereducated women to give their kids embarrassing/ridiculous names.  Some of these are probably apocryphal,  but my children's pediatrician told me of stopping a poor patient from naming a little girl Rosacea (a med student got in trouble for that), and my mother (back in the 1960s) really had a student whose name was Amblyopia.

I cant find the Spurgeon fashion video, did she delete it or am I technologically inept?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived