IGNORED

Jessa, Ben and Spurgeon Part Eight

Destiny

37 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I really can't tell whether women are pregnant just by looking at their face. Am I the only one?

I think the signs are more apparent with some women than with others. The first time the Duchess of Cambridge was pregnant, I knew weeks before they announced because I had noticed her face was particularly puffy and pale in photos. I've never noticed that way with anyone else I follow in the media or in real life, though.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that for Baby #2, INRI Azalea comes to his senses and lets Jessa handle the name. If she wanted Gabriel/Elliott for Spurgeon, I think we can surmise that she has reasonably good taste.

Just to add -- I don't have a position on whether or not I think Jessa is pregnant. I haven't paid enough attention to her face, though it does look a bit fuller. I will be surprised if she and Ben have another baby (naturally) before Jill and Derick do. Actually, I'd be even more shopped if they actually were able to adopt and went through with it, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not sold on her being pregnant, her face could be swollen from the heat. 

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

I really hope that for Baby #2, INRI Azalea comes to his senses and lets Jessa handle the name. If she wanted Gabriel/Elliott for Spurgeon, I think we can surmise that she has reasonably good taste.

Realistically, because of their egos and youth, I think they'll choose a name that goes with Spurgeon but helps "fix" Spurgeon in hindsight. So like a known old fashion name that people can recognize that sounds good with Spurgeon that in the long run can make it sound like a regular old name. Think Hamish/Ulysses/Obadiah for boys or Theodosia/Hyacinth/Agnes for girls. I mean, that would also take some research and thought on their end, so maybe not. 

16 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I could see them naming a child after Susanna Wesley, as she tends to be popular with fundies. She had 19 children, two of whom (John and Charles) became famous preachers.

Susanna for a girl or Wesley for a boy :romance-smileyheart: I couldn't snark on either of those names.

If they were brave and named a girl Wesley, I would have to give them applause that would be awesome!!! 

1 hour ago, habert said:

Susanna for a girl or Wesley for a boy :romance-smileyheart: I couldn't snark on either of those names.

If they were brave and named a girl Wesley, I would have to give them applause that would be awesome!!! 

for a girl how about Raphael 

Realistically, because of their egos and youth, I think they'll choose a name that goes with Spurgeon but helps "fix" Spurgeon in hindsight. So like a known old fashion name that people can recognize that sounds good with Spurgeon that in the long run can make it sound like a regular old name. Think Hamish/Ulysses/Obadiah for boys or Theodosia/Hyacinth/Agnes for girls. I mean, that would also take some research and thought on their end, so maybe not. 

For some reason, the idea of them having Spurgeon and Hamish cracks me up. Please let this happen.

3 hours ago, habert said:

If Benessa were a normal couple- not freaky fundies- they might be caught up in the Hamilton craze. (Love me some Hamilton) I could see them picking the name Theodosia after Aaron Burr's daughter or Angelica or Eliza or Peggy for one of the Schuyler sisters. Instead, they are fundies and will pick another awful name like Spurgeon. I wonder how long they will withhold the name for blessing number two? Any bets? 

4 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I could see them naming a child after Susanna Wesley, as she tends to be popular with fundies. She had 19 children, two of whom (John and Charles) became famous preachers.

I remember reading some years ago that Susanna Wesley spent an hour everyday in prayer.  I wondered how in the hell could she manage that with 19 kids.

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I remember reading some years ago that Susanna Wesley spent an hour everyday in prayer.  I wondered how in the hell could she manage that with 19 kids.

earplugs and vodka 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

By waking up before them or going to bed after 

1 hour ago, Arix said:

By waking up before them or going to bed after 

My guess is that she made the kids pray with her.  But you are right that Susana Wesley probably had time to herself only when the kids were in bed.  Although she probably had a couple of servants and only about half the kids lived to their teens, running a household in the eghteenth century was hard work.

Incidentally, I am doubtful that the Seewalds would name a kid after the Mother of Methodism.  Ben is a Calvinist Baptist, isn't he?

On 7/12/2016 at 0:10 PM, VelociRapture said:

Their kids - or at least Spurgeon - are still too little to really be blanket trained or brain washed. 

To Train Up a Child advises starting blanket training - as well as hitting babies for other reasons - as early as four months. 

The book gives several examples of hitting babies as young as Spurgeon and even younger. And there is one example of repeatedly hitting a baby with a pencil or ruler for going near the stairs. They also advise set up situations for babies Spurgeon's age (and younger) where they will be tempted by something you don't want them to have and then hitting them with an implement every time they reach for it. It was the most revolting thing I've ever read in my life. 

You know, when I was younger I thought Jezebel was a beautiful name. I named my dolls, my Sims and my imaginary future daughter Jezebel. 

Then I got a picture Bible for Christmas and read the story. Oops. 

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

My guess is that she made the kids pray with her.  But you are right that Susana Wesley probably had time to herself only when the kids were in bed.  Although she probably had a couple of servants and only about half the kids lived to their teens, running a household in the eghteenth century was hard work.

Incidentally, I am doubtful that the Seewalds would name a kid after the Mother of Methodism.  Ben is a Calvinist Baptist, isn't he?

Calvin would be a good name for a boy, but I would pay good money for them to name their next boy Zwingli.

5 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

To Train Up a Child advises starting blanket training - as well as hitting babies for other reasons - as early as four months. 

The book gives several examples of hitting babies as young as Spurgeon and even younger. And there is one example of repeatedly hitting a baby with a pencil or ruler for going near the stairs. They also advise set up situations for babies Spurgeon's age (and younger) where they will be tempted by something you don't want them to have and then hitting them with an implement every time they reach for it. It was the most revolting thing I've ever read in my life. 

I stand corrected. I would have liked your correction, but it's a bit too disturbing for this future momma to do so.

But thank you very much - I was under the impression training would start later on. Probably should have known better because of how vile everyone says the Pearls are. I've never been able to bring myself to actually read their stuff - but I have absolutely no doubt they are the worst.

I hope if they are having a baby they choose a semi normal name Spurgeon is horrible and I think the reason it took so long for his name to be announced was that Jessa didn't like the name and was trying to convince Ben to name him Elliott Spurgeon. 

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I hope if they are having a baby they choose a semi normal name Spurgeon is horrible and I think the reason it took so long for his name to be announced was that Jessa didn't like the name and was trying to convince Ben to name him Elliott Spurgeon. 

I also get the impression Jessa has never forgiven the headship for naming him 'Spurgeon'. 

16 hours ago, habert said:

But no-one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Wesley.......

(even though I know it's Westley - my mine instantly went Princess Bride when I read that) ;) 

The pic of her on the right in the gray is the one I think where she looks the most pregnant.  

image_jpeg_23042ef07ef4ccd99dfc12cd9dd2f015.jpg

we have to remember those pictures might have been in December 2015 when she had Spud less than six weeks prior - hence the meeting and agreeing to court 

again timelines 

:D

8 minutes ago, nst said:

we have to remember those pictures might have been in December 2015 when she had Spud less than six weeks prior - hence the meeting and agreeing to court 

again timelines 

:D

No one would be wearing shorts in NJ in December.  Those pictures are current.

Just now, Buzzard said:

No one would be wearing shorts in NJ in December.  Those pictures are current.

well then i am in the camp then

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived