IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

So...since the courting was probably going on during the last season, I have 2 theories as to why it wasn't announced. Though they kept hinting.

1. They wanted another season, and if they announced it at the end of last season, people might get bored and not care about the wedding or engagement. Oh please, don't make us go through another excruciating engagement debacle.

2. They knew Joshy boy was soon to make an appearance, and they wanted a diversion from his used car lot, after a reasonable amount of time for us to snark.

But it's the Duggars, so who knows? Maybe next season we'll understand what Jana didn't see coming.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mstee, if Jeremy was looking for the "perfect" preacher's wife, he should have looked further than an uneducated, uncultured, unsophisticated girl like Jinger. 

53 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

The turn out for NYCFC is crazy! So many people go. 

Edit: Mostly cuz it's fucking impossible to get to Red Bulls Stadium. The parking lots aren't paved and NJ transit sucks. So people just take the train to the Bronx lol

Big time Revs fan here, Red Bulls Stadium is fine in terms of getting there on the PATH but their station is so small that it takes forever to get to the train to leave, it's awful. Then on the flip side I don't like going to the Bronx either, just can't win! BUT I do love soccer, I am in a supporters group and there are more people joining every day. 

17 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I think it's a safe bet that he'd love being on a Tee Vee show.

He kind reminds me of Gaston.

So can they change the name of the show now? Instead of Jill and Jessa: Counting On, just call it Counting On if theyre going to continue airing it:pb_rollseyes:

9 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

Big time Revs fan here, Red Bulls Stadium is fine in terms of getting there on the PATH but their station is so small that it takes forever to get to the train to leave, it's awful. Then on the flip side I don't like going to the Bronx either, just can't win! BUT I do love soccer, I am in a supporters group and there are more people joining every day. 

Yeah I've taken the PATH to Red Bull Arena and it's not bad, but as a New York resident, obviously I prefer Yankee Stadium. It's so close to me.

@PennySycamore I wasn't trying to imply that it was a good or sane idea. Rather, that he saw someone young who was willing to follow the rules exactly, and probably someone he could mold into the perfect wife. 

I think that is why Jim Bob is matching up his girls with preachers, it's a lot easier to stay fundie if your husband is preaching the gospel. This will ensure that his daughters will stay in line and his grandchildren will be raised fundie. 

I hope he's a decent guy and a kind person. I hope he treats Jinger well and that they're both happy. I hope they do move away from the Duggars to a city of 200,000 or more and Jinger gets to enjoy an urban (or at least suburban) life. 

29 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I think that is why Jim Bob is matching up his girls with preachers, it's a lot easier to stay fundie if your husband is preaching the gospel. This will ensure that his daughters will stay in line and his grandchildren will be raised fundie. 

Maybe being an aspiring preacher is the only way to get through the gates of the TTH.  Maybe that's why a Duggar girl hasn't attracted an IBLP employee because it's not considered preaching.  

It seems that in JB's ideal world, he's grooming his sons to be preachers too.  I remember one of the Howlers wanting to be a mechanic and they turned it into a preaching mechanic.  Sorry JB, mechanics save cars not souls.  But so far, none of his grown sons are preachers (what do Joseph and Josiah even do?)

Is the car lot a front for preaching/handing out tracts?

I seriously think he's taking a page out of other fundie cultures where preachers (or the equivalent) are the highest calling a man can have.  As I said in another thread, like the Haredi where the women do the grunt work of raising a large family while the men study the Torah all day. (Or the Mormons and the priesthood).

52 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@mstee, if Jeremy was looking for the "perfect" preacher's wife, he should have looked further than an uneducated, uncultured, unsophisticated girl like Jinger. 

That's a little harsh. Jinger strikes me a "curious" and once out of JB's breathing space, I think she will begin to satisfy that curiosity. She will learn sophistication by watching others. None of them have been seen eating w/their fingers & wiping their mouths on their sleeves. The girls seem to know how to behave in public.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

His church is just a small house, so her shortcomings  may not matter. If they could fit fifty people in there, they'd be crowded.

12 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

I automatically sense trouble when I hear "Pray Away the Gay" therapy. His father is in it, and so is he, why?

Agreed. I don't so much fear for the spouse of someone who thinks that, but these are people who want a fuckton of kids. Those kids could be gay and that is a terrifying prospect to me. What they would put a gay child through is unconscionable. So I fear for their future and wish they'd never marry or procreate.

6 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Inquisitor has an article about Free Jinger!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3236017/jinger-duggar-and-jeremy-vuolo-free-jinger-community-responds-to-duggar-daughters-courtship-announcement/

Forgive me if this was already posted. It contained a link to this interesting article, about how Jeremy confessed to desiring fame. Ben did too, as I recall. Jim Bob and Michelle as in laws seems a high price to pay!

http://dailyorange.com/2013/04/former-syracuse-goalkeeper-vuolo-balances-religion-pro-soccer-career/

I find it endlessly hilarious and pathetic that people take our comments here and put them in "news articles."  

maybe Jinger will start spelling her name right once she leaves & cleaves. If for nothing else but to not have to explain it to everyone she meets.

well she is a D-List celebrity i think a lot of people will know at least her maiden name and why its spelled that way

I would think she's just sick of it. Cute while she was a kid and all but once you are a grown-ass married woman, not so much.

54 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

maybe Jinger will start spelling her name right once she leaves & cleaves. If for nothing else but to not have to explain it to everyone she meets.

Still, even if it's a non-standard spelling, it is HER name, one of the few things that belongs solely to her and doesn't even almost match any of her siblings (ex. Jana/Joy Anna/Johanna plus SIL Anna, or Joseph/Josiah/Josie), so it might be something she'd cling to rather than want to dump.

6 hours ago, IzzyWhizzy said:

My apologies if this has already been posted or is inappropriate but does anyone else read his lastname as Vulva?  Jinger Vulva :my_blush:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

So can they change the name of the show now? Instead of Jill and Jessa: Counting On, just call it Counting On if theyre going to continue airing it:pb_rollseyes:

I forget where I read it, but I think TLC is pushing to just call it "Counting On" so that more Duggars can be featured.

ETA: The author of this article said that: http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/06/22/jill-jessa-counting-on-renewed-for-second-season-jinger-duggars-courtship-to-be-main-focus/

7 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I just graduated law school! High five for (future, in my case) lawyers. However I am one of the people who gets a bad vibe off him. I've fully admitted it could be nothing, or have a harmless explanation. But I also spent time volunteering with victims of domestic violence in college and I myself volunteered for a program in law school which helps domestic violence victims get representation, so I have training and experience in recognizing and understanding domestic violence. I've also had two very close friends in abusive relationships which I witnessed from start to (thankfully) end. So I have a pretty good eye for it myself, and I am usually right as well. Interesting that we both have experience in the matter and came to different conclusions. I sincerely hope I am wrong here. 

I have some hope that maybe his personality plus his newly rediscovered religious zeal are what is causing it, or it could be some internal conflict within himself about his past or what he is preaching, or many other things. I guess only time will tell.

Congrats!! Woo hoo! Welcome to the insane world of law! 

I can't say my experience trumps yours, but I have been litigating domestic violence cases for 14 years (my practice is almost 100% family law, which includes a lot of DV cases - I handle cases referred by domestic violence shelters/organizations, among others- guardianships of minor kids, and some juvenile depndency cases which also involve a lot of DV), and I'm not sensing any real similarities. 

But I'm also not sure I've seen all the videos everyone else has and maybe my sensors are just off on this one. Or I don't have enough info. 

I hope not though because it's bad enough that Jinger has been so steadily defeated that she's succumbed to the severe and claustrophobic limits imposed on women by their culture and is now embarking on what's little different than a quickie, arranged marriage. 

I hope abuse isn't added on to that sad life path. 

19 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

<snip>

I find weddings and babies boring in any world so it's hard for me to relate to anyone having interest in a third Duggar daughter wedding, but I guess it will generate more interest than just talking about phantom future husbands.  I'm glad it isn't Joy.

<snip>

All I can say about the interest generated by weddings is that here on FJ we have people giving serious thought to what Jinger (and her bridesmaids) should wear at the wedding and coming up with ideas/speculating about the menu and decor. . Since I share your lack of interest in weddings (that don't involve close friends or family), I find this aspect of the discussions a little baffling.  

I guess that we may not be Duggar fans, but a lot of us are wedding fans. ;) 

58 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Agreed. I don't so much fear for the spouse of someone who thinks that, but these are people who want a fuckton of kids. Those kids could be gay and that is a terrifying prospect to me. What they would put a gay child through is unconscionable. So I fear for their future and wish they'd never marry or procreate.

I find it endlessly hilarious and pathetic that people take our comments here and put them in "news articles."  

I like that the quotes they used were a bit thought provoking. They could of slammed us and just mentioned the theories that he is gay and gives off vibes of a controlling wife beater.

I think the article was positive about FJ and hope it attracts some thoughtful snarkers.

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Theres been an amazing amount of deleting in his case, definitely not a standard duggar job.  You can find signs of him on facebook (including the vanished twitter account) like this:

unionsuns.jpg

So he designs coloring pages?  Any of the colorists going to take a stab at this? :D

50 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Still, even if it's a non-standard spelling, it is HER name, one of the few things that belongs solely to her and doesn't even almost match any of her siblings (ex. Jana/Joy Anna/Johanna plus SIL Anna, or Joseph/Josiah/Josie), so it might be something she'd cling to rather than want to dump.

BUT...it's spelled wrong in order for her to be just another J kid. It is a name given to her and spelled incorrectly, in order for her individuality to be muted; so that she would be 6 of 19 and counting.

Question - Is Gothard and Presb. fundie the same thing?

We don't know if he follows the super strict Gothard crap.

Maybe he really sees the same spunk we used to.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived