IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

9 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

The same friend & I did a story about us & vampires, too, but in the Anne Rice vampire genre. It was fun, & I do think about the stories from time-to-time.  ;)

Fanfiction is HUGE, look at that awful 50 Shades of crap, that was Twilight fan fiction.  BTW I have to remind my friend she still owes me $10 for that damn book. She didn't tell me and I was about 4 chapters in and was like WTF this reads like really shitty Twilight Fan fiction and she was all "that is because it WAS". I threw the damn book at her and told her she owed me money. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

The same friend & I did a story about us & vampires, too, but in the Anne Rice vampire genre. It was fun, & I do think about the stories from time-to-time.  ;)

Fairly recently, I googled that old friend to see what she was up to 40 years later.) She had written quite a bit of Star Trek fan fic. Not sure if fan fic is the term, she seems to have been published. You know cheesy, science fiction type novels, but published all the same. She always did love Star Trek.

I feel like the fundie rules make it almost a given that a female will be younger than the male in a fundie marriage. 

Women don't bother much with higher education because they aren't supposed to work after marriage. So they can get married right after they graduate from homeschool. Which is usually 17/18.

The boys are to be the breadwinner so they need to go to school or start a business before they get married so they can support their wife and soon to be children. 

So it makes sense that most fundies pair a younger girl with an older boy. Joy dating Lawson isn't all That weird in fundie land. They are in similar places in life. Unlike typical 18 year olds who are freshmen in college and a 23 year old who has probably graduated from college and is now looking for a full time job. Now that's a different stage in life. 

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Many moons ago, a friend & I wrote stories about ourselves & our favorite celebrities @ the time. Nowadays I suppose it'd be called fan fiction. I didn't think it was weird (ok, maybe a wee bit) or squicky, but we did it for fun & our own personal enjoyment. Once the internet became The Big Thing, we didn't publish our works online (thankfully).

My friend and I did that as young teens, too. Pre-Internet world.

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Hold the phone. American passports include a person's HEIGHT?? 

And I think you mean 160 cm, not m. And 185 cm not m!! :P:P:P

This is news to me that American passports include height.  

Then again I haven't had a passport since I was a kid and I know there are differences for a minor's passport.   Most American drivers licenses do include height (and weight in some states).

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon an article about bad fan fics on crushable. There was one about Selena Gómez and Justin Bieber. It was about them having a baby, cheesy as hell, and named the baby jaden, of course. And then the nurse came in and says "hey, your baby has cancer". It was so bad it almost makes me appreciate my immortal 

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon an article about bad fan fics on crushable. There was one about Selena Gómez and Justin Bieber. It was about them having a baby, cheesy as hell, and named the baby jaden, of course. And then the nurse came in and says "hey, your baby has cancer". It was so bad it almost makes me appreciate my immortal 

My sister set her Tinder profile to just be the opening paragraph of My Immortal. She got like 5 dates/matches within hours.

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

That's a good point...how squicky it is probably has a lot to do with how public it all is now. Teens fantasizing about the favorite celebrities via fics they share with their friends has a much different ring than fic published on fanfic sites and tagged so that others can find it.

My aunt and I were talking about it one day and she was saying that One Direction fanfiction is no different to the stuff she'd write with her friends in notebooks about boybands back in the 1970s when they were teenagers in West Germany. She said it's nothing that didn't happen all around the world for years.....but the difference now is that people can upload it on the internet.....and the people it is about can find it and be creeped out. 

9 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Lionel Messi, my son's favorite soccer player right now, makes somewhere around  80 MILLION, a YEAR! But he plays for Barcelona and Argentina. That's apparently where the big money is at. 

Not anymore. ;) Messi announced his retirement from international football after Argentina failed to win the Copa America again this year (mind, this was right after he sent a penalty kick to the moon). Of course it's Messi, so he could simply be saying it out of emotions or because he wants to threaten the Federation to actually get its shit together. Or, more likely, it is a combination of being over the AFA's shenanigans and wanting to stay healthy for that sweet, sweet Barça money.

The Preacher Keeper probably didn't even net $80k in the MLS.

I nearly peed myself laughing at his messed penalty and subsequent I QUIT tantrum.

But I am also a really bitter Los Cafeteros fan who is like 'IF COLOMBIA CAN'T WIN, I DON'T CARE WHO WINS, SCREW IT ALL' so......... ;) 

10 minutes ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

My aunt and I were talking about it one day and she was saying that One Direction fanfiction is no different to the stuff she'd write with her friends in notebooks abut 1970s boybands back in the 1970s when they were teenagers in West Germany. She said it's nothing that didn't happen all around the world for years.....but the difference now is that people can upload it on the internet.....and the people it is about can find it. 

Even worse, people send celebrities links to fics about them, or people who interview them read it to them to get their reactions. It's so obnoxious.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked and unlocked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived