IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Inquisitor has an article about Free Jinger!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3236017/jinger-duggar-and-jeremy-vuolo-free-jinger-community-responds-to-duggar-daughters-courtship-announcement/

Forgive me if this was already posted. It contained a link to this interesting article, about how Jeremy confessed to desiring fame. Ben did too, as I recall. Jim Bob and Michelle as in laws seems a high price to pay!

http://dailyorange.com/2013/04/former-syracuse-goalkeeper-vuolo-balances-religion-pro-soccer-career/

Thank you inquisitr! 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the creepy vibe from this guy. Someone up thread said it was possibly the stark difference of a fundy born and bred versus a grown man not of fundy ilk. I lean that way too. Fundy boys are too often all blushy and adolescent-like:  David Waller, Michael Keilan, this Bobby kid going after Tori Bates. J-Rod's oldest son is gonna be the weirdest of them all. This guy's a full blown adult (which I admit would be intimidating to me if I were Jinger). He comes across to me as just a passionate Christian dude who likes to use cameras and whatever fame he's afforded to talk about Jesus. What he believes, etc. is all up for debate, and I don't have a dog in that fight. But for his personality, he seems really similar to dudes I've heard speak at churches and on YouTube who are young and into Jesus. Like maybe a Jefferson Bethke, per se? I personally don't find his speaking particularly compelling, in fact, he's pretty easy to tune out. He is definitely more articulate than Ben Seewald. 

However, I'm a little bummed he's not still into football. I would have rather the cameras followed him and Jinger around while he was training and etc., them exercising together, Jinger and some siblings going to games. It would definitely had shook up the narrative. I'm more into women's football, but I would have made an exception. I mean I hope the guy's doing what he wants to be doing now and that his pastoring is a fulfilling and correct career for him, but it would have definitely been a deviation from the norm on the show. 

I'm sure Pecan is ecstatic with this new family news. A much better upgrade as far as manly man mud wrestling partners go. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Clever Duggars. No one is talking about Josh any more.

And I suspect that TLC's courtship questions were intentionally used to tease the viewers knowing that the courtship was in the works, but the official announcement would come in time to promote the new fall episodes.  I'm sure that the Duggars (and TLC) wait to announce the courtship when they already know that the engagement and quick step to marriage is in the works. They're not about to let a Josiah/Marjorie debacle happen with Jinger.

28 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

Re: twitter. My guess is that he had an account but deleted it. Someone has created a new @Jeremy_vuolo account this month but it's almost certainly a fake and has no tweets on it.

However, if you search for photos of Jeremy Vuolo it brings up (if you scroll past the recent duggar ones) some old footie ones that he's been tagged in by other people (lots of fan selfies and stuff) 

Theres been an amazing amount of deleting in his case, definitely not a standard duggar job.  You can find signs of him on facebook (including the vanished twitter account) like this:

unionsuns.jpg

The Union Suns page still exists here

https://www.facebook.com/4UnionSuns/

But their reverbnation page is defunct and I cant find anything about them on youtube.  That strikes me as odd, considering that they claim to have played original music and may have even recorded songs.  His sister played in the band.

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Theres been an amazing amount of deleting in his case, definitely not a standard duggar job.  You can find signs of him on facebook (including the vanished twitter account) like this:

unionsuns.jpg

The Union Suns page still exists here

https://www.facebook.com/4UnionSuns/

But their reverbnation page is defunct and I cant find anything about them on youtube.  That strikes me as odd, considering that they claim to have played original music and may have even recorded songs.  His sister played in the band.

She seems to be in a new band now:

http://www.alfredjamesband.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Alfred-James-Band-318007646018/

her public FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ValVuolo/?fref=ts

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

He most likely moved on because there was no more future for him in playing soccer but he did have other options than being a preacher.  The guy is well spoken and looks comfortable on camera.  He could have transitioned into a Commentator or he could have looked for a coaching position.  Didn't he get a degree in Finance?  Of course if he had chosen one of those he probably wouldn't have been approved for a courtship in Duggarland.  He deliberately chose to be a preacher even with other options available. I don't have anything personal against him but I never pictured JInger with a Preacher. 

But aren't the options for these types pretty limited? I mean most of these extremists, if they go beyond high school levels, they go to baah-buhl college. Which prepares them for what? Preacher? 

6 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I like his house! Hey.. I'll move in if I can have margaritas by the pool every day ;)

I didn't watch any of his preaching videos, but I don't really get the creepy vibe from him. I'm just confused about what a guy like him wants with a girl like Jinger...

It's not his house though. I doubt he has a house that nice.

1 minute ago, amendgitan said:

But aren't the options for these types pretty limited? I mean most of these extremists, if they go beyond high school levels, they go to baah-buhl college. Which prepares them for what? Preacher? 

Rachel Van Hollebeke retired from the U.S. Women's team to focus on Medical school. 

1 minute ago, acheronbeach said:

Rachel Van Hollebeke isn't a fundie...?

I guess my not so clear point was that ministry wasn't his only option after leaving the sport. He didn't just go to bible college, he definitely had options. 

43 minutes ago, mausi said:

I'm sure Pecan is ecstatic with this new family news. A much better upgrade as far as manly man mud wrestling partners go. 

:cracking-up::bow-blue:

I think most pro sports players have a world of options - Von Miller and his dream chicken farm comes to mind.  But Vuolo is a fundie who wants fame and doesnt appear too bright - it's a perfect Duggar storm.

1 hour ago, AuntK said:

I don't think Presbyterians are fundie, I mean, after all, doesn't 3--married Trump claim to be Presbyterian? ;)

I am a Presbyterian (PCUSA) and we are most certainly not fundie.  There are some fundamentalist Presbyterians out there, but they are not connected with the mainstream PCUSA church.  

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Clever Duggars. No one is talking about Josh any more.

It's definitely very well timed that's for sure! I'm not convinced it's 100% coincidental 

57 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

He went to Hartwick College and graduated from Syracuse University, a step up from Bible colleges.  If he's a Preacher it's because he wants to be one, not because there weren't other options.

To the person who said that soccer isn't popular in the United States.. The MLS is actually one of the fastest growing pro leagues in the country. Attendance is skyrocketing, and teams are building new stadiums, etc. So now would be a lucrative time to be in the league, only our Jeremy quit and is a pastor now so none of that matters anyway.

5 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Reminds me of "I didn't inhale."

Haha I just realized they are both from Arkansas! Hhhhmmmm.

29 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

To the person who said that soccer isn't popular in the United States.. The MLS is actually one of the fastest growing pro leagues in the country. Attendance is skyrocketing, and teams are building new stadiums, etc. So now would be a lucrative time to be in the league, only our Jeremy quit and is a pastor now so none of that matters anyway.

The turn out for NYCFC is crazy! So many people go. 

Edit: Mostly cuz it's fucking impossible to get to Red Bulls Stadium. The parking lots aren't paved and NJ transit sucks. So people just take the train to the Bronx lol

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I don't get the creepy vibe from this guy. Someone up thread said it was possibly the stark difference of a fundy born and bred versus a grown man not of fundy ilk. I lean that way too. Fundy boys are too often all blushy and adolescent-like:  David Waller, Michael Keilan, this Bobby kid going after Tori Bates. J-Rod's oldest son is gonna be the weirdest of them all. This guy's a full blown adult (which I admit would be intimidating to me if I were Jinger). He comes across to me as just a passionate Christian dude who likes to use cameras and whatever fame he's afforded to talk about Jesus. What he believes, etc. is all up for debate, and I don't have a dog in that fight. But for his personality, he seems really similar to dudes I've heard speak at churches and on YouTube who are young and into Jesus. Like maybe a Jefferson Bethke, per se? I personally don't find his speaking particularly compelling, in fact, he's pretty easy to tune out. He is definitely more articulate than Ben Seewald. 

However, I'm a little bummed he's not still into football. I would have rather the cameras followed him and Jinger around while he was training and etc., them exercising together, Jinger and some siblings going to games. It would definitely had shook up the narrative. I'm more into women's football, but I would have made an exception. I mean I hope the guy's doing what he wants to be doing now and that his pastoring is a fulfilling and correct career for him, but it would have definitely been a deviation from the norm on the show. 

This! All of this! 

JV has self confidence. (bordering on arrogance)  

Something sorely lacking in those raised in the fold...

So much for the big spread in people. Just a blurb that I would've normally missed if I wasn't looking for duggar news 

IMAG0762_1.jpg

Maybe this has been mentioned, but being a preacher's wife is a full time job. I have a friend who is very religious and she is good friends with a guy who is a preacher. He's nice looking, sweet to her etc so I asked her one day if they'd ever consider dating. And she said she would if he wasn't a preacher. She explained to me how they have to live the word of the church exactly (ex: her church says no pierced ears. But some of the congregation disregards it). But if she was his wife, she'd have to abide by all the laws (and some of them are ridiculous). Plus you are supposed to be a role model to the other women of the church, and provide counsel. Anyways, you get the idea. Maybe Jeremy has been searching for the "perfect" preacher's wife. And that's the vibe were getting from him. Maybe it's a match made from things other than attraction or love. Maybe he recognized that Jinger had the right personality to fit the role, and Jana did not and that's why he persued Jinger. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived