IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm coming to this late, but I HAD to comment on the huffpo link @19 cats and counting posted.  Oy!!

We had a lovely wedding, invited lovely people, and are still basking in its awesomeness over 10 years later.  We received all sorts of lovely gifts from 2 crockpots (score!) to cash to nice china and crystal to the coolest wine-bottle-opener-of-ever to a very modest pic nic basket full of goodies.  Goodies included pretty much every non-consumable thing imaginary for a bbq/camping/picnic/outdoor thing.  From paper plates and napkins up to and including those great mustard and ketchup squeezy bottles you see in restaurants and teeny indestructible salt and pepper shakers.  I'd have to look at my notes to see who gave it to us, but it currently resides on top of our pantry and gets used pretty much constantly, as does nearly everything it came with.  We thought it was an hilarious and extremely thoughtful gift at the time, and now we think it's hilarious, extremely thoughtful, and dead useful!  We also still use and treasure BOTH the crockpots and the wine bottle opener, which is also still the coolest one we've ever seen.  So there, bratty brides!  

Thanks to all of you for posting the wonderful dress pictures. I really like the modest ones, as dresses themselves, which just happen to be modest. If that makes sense. 

Anyway I look forward to seeing her choice. Ever the shallow me. 

Ok here's some Alta Moda Bridal dresses I think Jinger should wear. They're unique and youthful.

18f4c3bf4d82dd429a5be31f4dc0b84a.jpg

7f1bfaa7f2b0b61c4df970f8ee5e6f7d.jpg

2f607b5418c42d5331f090282e2157d6.jpg

my favourite...I love the beading on this dress

123c264171c6b9d178c6ba4a32c057ee.jpg

3ce16c7e64d65208bc76205080a138a2.jpg

51978b91dd8911d76df365692e6ea50b.jpg

Oh Jinger, please let me plan your wedding. Just get your cheap dad to give me an unlimited budget and I'll make all your wedding dreams come true. 

I hope she goes barefoot. I get the giggles when I see everyone's reaction to bare feet at a wedding. I am ready for round three of it.

@Jinder Roles Yes, yes.....I like the fifth one, and it could be made with a ballroom tulle skirt also. I love that beading for the shoulders/cap sleeves. 

Please Jinger, make it a dress we all like. 

My daughter got married on a white sandy beach in Fla., full bridal gown & all, barefoot. So was her beau, nice suit, barefoot.:my_rolleyes: AND....It was my idea.:my_biggrin:

You know, when Isaw that first picture of the blond girl in the vail holding flowers, my first thought was she should be wearing any color but white.

*You're a nasty old lady, granola!*

6 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

I hope she goes barefoot. I get the giggles when I see everyone's reaction to bare feet at a wedding. I am ready for round three of it.

She's the only sister pictured wearing heals (not just wedges.)  I have hope for her that she'll be the first of her sisters to wear shoes at her wedding. 

5 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought Jessa wore real shoes. Am I wrong?!?!?

That's what i thought too. At least there are no pictures of her in wich you can see her feet

I love the high hopes we seem to all have for Jinger going with something a little different.

Chances are she will be in a run-of-the-mill dress like all the rest.

Jessa's gown was beautiful... But Jessa has a lot of confidence.

I can totally see Jinger being told "oh this will look great" and then her muttering "it's great", because she doesn't want to disagree.

We'll see.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

I love the high hopes we seem to all have for Jinger going with something a little different.

I can totally see Jinger being told "oh this will look great" and then her muttering "it's great", because she doesn't want to disagree.

We'll see.

If that is the case, Jinger needs to do a day of dress shopping with just Jessa.  

We didn't see if Jessa was wearing shoes with her gown but she was barefoot at the rehearsal. That dress deserved shoes.

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

We'll see.

I hope Jeremy helps her pick out the dress and they take only one of his relatives along to do so.

We should play the Pinterest-Wedding-Bingo Drinking Game. Everytime I Pinterested-to-death idea is used you down a shot.

I also hope they have maybe 2 or at most 3 attendants.

Now, any bets on the "theme"? Since it seems a wedding must have one on  this show.

On 6/23/2016 at 3:25 AM, Purrl said:

This dress is shown farther down on the page and looks like something Jinger might wear. http://apis.xogrp.com/media-api/images/6d5f6072-34f4-410b-8b23-f7707dbd10d2~rs_768.h?quality=75

I know that's just a model, but she looks about 14, and the sight of such a young girl in a wedding gown creeps me out!  

On 6/23/2016 at 8:16 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I think this might be the top contender -- everyone knows how much the Duggar girls love a mustard-yellow cardigan!

Also if the Lord could take a break from truck shopping with John Maxwell, could He bless me with second-from-left's adorable t-straps?

OMG! That is HIDEOUS! But, you're right, mustard yellow, might be a winner!

Am I the only one who cringes when they RUN down the aisle? Like I get they wanna bang but damn. I can picture Jinger in a nice pair of heels, or at least wedges. 

I want to see cannoli at the reception, and I want a gaggle of howlers to mispronounce "cannoli" 5 different ways.

OK, since we're talking about BAD wedding dress choices, I'll snark on the one I nearly purchased. We'll be married 30 years in October, and yes, that puts us right in the middle of the 80s... anyone remember handkerchief hemmed "tea Length" dresses? They were usually calf length, sometimes zig zaggy hemmed or lacy bottom dresses with full skirts. The other requirement of that age was HUGE SHOULDER PADS AND PUFFY SLEEVES. I'd actually found THE DRESS I loved in the magazine, and the store even had it in my size! Joy! 

Until I tried it on. Now, I'm a tall, broad shouldered girl. Those SLEEVES!! NOBODY could carry off those sleeves unless she was five one and weighed sixty pounds.. I could have been a linebacker for Green Bay in those sleeves.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the dress, but I still have flashbacks...

1 hour ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Am I the only one who cringes when they RUN down the aisle? Like I get they wanna bang but damn. I can picture Jinger in a nice pair of heels, or at least wedges. 

My husband and I walked back down the aisle with champagne glasses in hand! Toast at the altar, "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys, then "Birdhouse in Your Soul" playing, and drink our way back to the gathered wedding party. The running is immature IMO. Scary how much of their weddings are about sex and not about marriage or love.

Never seen anyone as obsessed with sex as a fundie. And they think we're the deviants.

On 6/26/2016 at 2:00 PM, defraudedbychipendales said:

Someone I knew did GoFundMe (or similar) for their house downpayment, and heard of someone doing it for their honeymoon or something. Blah.

I asked for no gifts, since we lived together already and were older.

Now they have "HoneyFund" where you can contribute certain designated amounts like $25, $50, $75, etc, toward accommodations, entertainment, dining, whatever. . . to help pay for the honeymoon. I had never heard of it, but my niece set up one. At least she didn't publicize it, or announce it on her invitations or the like. She told me, cause, well, I'm her aunt, and I contributed because, well, I'm her aunt. . . but I can see how it could be viewed as tacky, particularly for an older couple or a wealthy one. But my niece and her hubby are just starting out, recent college grads with a lot of $tudent loan$ to repay and both driving beater cars, so they needed all the help on wedding/honeymoon costs that they could get. (Although I DO think they went a bit overboard with out of town bachelor and bachelorette parties and and "mini-moon" in a nearby state immediately after the honeymoon, to be followed by the "real" honeymoon to Thailand this summer!  And no, they are not from well-to-do families, just middle-class, overly spoiledkids! (but I love them both!)

1 hour ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

NO, you are not! It's extremely childish and I don't think ANYONE should be running in church, (unless there's a fire, tornado, or other extreme calamity!)  That, the BARE feet and the maniacal pounding on the piano drive me up the wall!

On 6/27/2016 at 10:38 AM, habert said:

what are the fundie standards for having a married woman be your maid of honor? Because besides Jessa, I can't imagine who else could be

It's fine, but she is a "matron of honor," not a maid!

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

OK, since we're talking about BAD wedding dress choices, I'll snark on the one I nearly purchased. We'll be married 30 years in October, and yes, that puts us right in the middle of the 80s... anyone remember handkerchief hemmed "tea Length" dresses? They were usually calf length, sometimes zig zaggy hemmed or lacy bottom dresses with full skirts. The other requirement of that age was HUGE SHOULDER PADS AND PUFFY SLEEVES. I'd actually found THE DRESS I loved in the magazine, and the store even had it in my size! Joy! 

Until I tried it on. Now, I'm a tall, broad shouldered girl. Those SLEEVES!! NOBODY could carry off those sleeves unless she was five one and weighed sixty pounds.. I could have been a linebacker for Green Bay in those sleeves.

Needless to say, I didn't buy the dress, but I still have flashbacks...

Sounds like my Junior Prom dress. Kind of something like this. 

b8a5e9aa2bcdaffa8e35806052581265.jpg

VERY similar allthegoodnamesaregone, but just about quadruple the sleeves, and gather them more, and poof them more... your dress is pretty!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived