IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

On 6/24/2016 at 6:25 PM, Pandora Spocks said:

How about this little number? It's nice and modest. No alterations required!

image.jpeg

Oh my stars, I would wear that and be absolutely happy!

I could wear a normal bra! yay!

Rose DeWitt Bukater's (Kate Winslet )wedding gown from Titanic.

8dc86ea7e3cf1774a924f4552aa60690.jpg

What about this gown?

download.jpe

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

@Free2BeMe I'm lost. Did she get married in the movie or something?

I believe that's the dress she wore after she dies as an old woman and we see her reunited on the Titanic with Jack. 

4 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

I believe that's the dress she wore after she dies as an old woman and we see her reunited on the Titanic with Jack. 

I always thought that was a night gown.

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I always thought that was a night gown.

I am not sure, but here is a link to the designs and the dresses for Kate Winslett.  I think it is called the "dream dress" here.

Titanic Dresses.

After participating in wedding planning/writing the checks up-close-and-personal for my son's bash this month, I SERIOUSLY doubt that the Duggars would fork over any requisite $$ amount to feed their 1,000 grab-for-gift guests anything of substance. 

Even Chef-Boy-R-Dee in a can would be too expensive for Cheapskate JimBoob.  Same thing with giving guests an actual slice of wedding cake.  Depending on metropolitan area, wedding cake starts at $4.00 per slice and goes north of $10.  So that's a big nopeity nope as well.

Perhaps a pumpkin-spiced cake donut without frosting?  Oh wait.  Donut HOLE.  Only one per guest, no drinky, no napkin. Still standing in a parking lot.

Ohmygawd.  My poor son -- he's having to deal with fundie lunatics in his almost-here wedding.  Stupid, stupid rules.  

Like:  bride is now prohibited from wearing her strapless gown without a fugly jacket; only "Christian" music can be played over the PA system (never mind an instrumental soundtrack without words ...); my daughter's tattoos must be covered; bridesmaid dresses cannot be above the knee; no drinking or dancing allowed; and eleventy other dumb-ass things.

QUOTE OF THE MONTH BY MY IDIOT FUNDIE MOTHER (in response):

"God wants us to be robots for Him."   Huh????  Holy hell.  :angry-screaming:

18 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

@Free2BeMe I'm lost. Did she get married in the movie or something?

No, that's from the end part, where Rose is on the boat and has the dream after she drops the necklace into the ocean.

10 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Ohmygawd.  My poor son -- he's having to deal with fundie lunatics in his almost-here wedding.  Stupid, stupid rules.  

Like:  bride is now prohibited from wearing her strapless gown without a fugly jacket; only "Christian" music can be played over the PA system (never mind an instrumental soundtrack without words ...); my daughter's tattoos must be covered; bridesmaid dresses cannot be above the knee; no drinking or dancing allowed; and eleventy other dumb-ass things.

Those in-laws are going to suck to deal with in the future. 

I think I would just elope. They sound like a real pain in the ass.

18 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am not sure, but here is a link to the designs and the dresses for Kate Winslett.  I think it is called the "dream dress" here.

Titanic Dresses.

Oh, thanks for that. I love costuming. I never realized that the dress at the end was so elaborate. Now I have to go watch the entire movie...

11 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

:wine::wine::wine:Here you go! Sounds like you'll need them.

Your future daughter in law must be some kind of wonderful for your son to put up with that level of crazy.

I have no problem if you don't want alcohol at your wedding or if you want a  modest dress. Your wedding, your choice. I just can't stand the holier than thou attitude.

18 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

After participating in wedding planning/writing the checks up-close-and-personal for my son's bash this month, I SERIOUSLY doubt that the Duggars would fork over any requisite $$ amount to feed their 1,000 grab-for-gift guests anything of substance. 

Even Chef-Boy-R-Dee in a can would be too expensive for Cheapskate JimBoob.  Same thing with giving guests an actual slice of wedding cake.  Depending on metropolitan area, wedding cake starts at $4.00 per slice and goes north of $10.  So that's a big nopeity nope as well.

Perhaps a pumpkin-spiced cake donut without frosting?  Oh wait.  Donut HOLE.  Only one per guest, no drinky, no napkin. Still standing in a parking lot.

Actually, it all depends on how much free labor you have got.  I've never done a party for more than 300 people but my imagination is challenged. Just how stingy could JB be and still serve cake and something to drink to 1000 people?

My first thought was cupcakes instead of cake. You control portion size better and you can use less frosting.  Jiffy has the best prices for cupcakes and frosting, so I did a little googling for prices.

You can buy Jiffy mixes by the case, so not counting water, electricity (gas) and labor, you can serve 1000 cupcakes for around $140-$160 (including shipping of mix) which is around 16 cents per frosted cupcake. (This would be using Jiffy mix and one egg per box, with the eggs priced in bulk at Sam's.) 

For drinks, in the South sweet iced tea is always good. Not counting the ice you could make ice tea from the Lipton mix for around 1000 people  for $40-$50 dollars (At Sam's).   You could (and JB probably would) get 1000 styrofoam cups for about $15 at Sam's.  

So far, JB would have to shell out roughly $160 for the cupcakes, and roughly $55 for the drinks.  Throw in  $11 for the cheapest Sam's Club napkins (1200 count) and that's $216.  Figure an extra 10% for taxes and or differences in shipping or retail prices from what I found and we are still talking around $236-$240.

Conclusion: With inexpensive mixes and a lot of free labor JB could offer his 1000 guests each a cupcake and iced tea for less than $250.(Note: I have left out the cost of ice because I am sure TLC could cover that ;).). 

The Jiffy mixes can be doctored-- for example, instead of water use coffee with the chocolate cake mix an that will give a mocha flavor.  And I suppose at least the cupcakes for the family could have some decorations that might raise the costs $20 or so.

He could even get carried away and throw in more money for eggs (7.5 dozen for around $7 at Sam's) and some mustard and mayo and have Sierra and Joy make devilled eggs.  Throw in some pickles and carrot sticks and you have finger food.  It's just a question of free labor.

16 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

May the Force Be With You dear Chickenetti. You will have to be strong. Clearly. 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:47 AM, justmy2cents said:

This is my pick for her from Latter Day Bride:

modest-wedding-dress-penelope-front.jpg

Oh my word, I LOVE this!!  Next year is our 25th and I'm soooo tempted to renew our vows, just so I can get a dress

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Gossamer1 said:

@OrchidBlossom, I agree 10,000 is a ridiculous amount  of money to spend to be a bridesmaid but costs add up quickly. Much of it depends on the bride and groom and how elaborate they want the wedding and all related events.

In addition to the dress there is hair, makeup, manicure, pedicure. Bridal shower, shower gift, bachelorette party - this can turn into a week long vacation in some cases. There can also be travel and hotel expenses if the brideslave isn't near the wedding venue or it's a destination wedding. 

Oh, and let's not forget a wedding gift too!

I was MOH for my sister's wedding in May.  I think I paid around $50ish for this dress and $25 for these boots .  Did my own hair & makeup and wore jewelry I already had.  All in, well under $100.  Of course, it was a simple outdoor wedding, but still.

I can't wrap my brain around $10K.  Or even $450, for that matter.  Not judging, just not something I've been around.

3 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Wowza. That low cost just boggles my mind.

Great work there, @EmCatlyn!

The big cost for a lot of catering is labor.  

And, of course, the quality of Jiffy cake mix and frosting is not from-scratch quality. (But it is cheaper than "from scratch.")

Personally, I would rather have fewer guests and better food and service for my money (and I would never use styrofoam cups), but I wanted to see how cheaply JB could do it.  

I have visions of Josie helping with the cupcakes and deviled eggs. I think I'd bring my own snacks.

I agree 100%, @Bad Wolf. I've seen enough nasty food handling by Sierra & the Duggars to know ... I'd want something from a package in a box.

Like a Twinkie. 

On 6/27/2016 at 1:12 PM, doubleT said:

Although I can see little differences in the sleeve, material and details,  Princess Charlene (Monaco) and Crown Princess Victoria (Sweden) almost had the same dress. 

Jessa will probably pick out Jinger's dress for her by telling her straight out which one she likes the best and Jinger will just say, "Thank you.  Without you I am so unworthy."  <snerk>

"Wearing a dress my sister 'suggested' I wear is just so speshul. I am so blessed to have the love and support of my cult family."

4 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I agree 100%, @Bad Wolf. I've seen enough nasty food handling by Sierra & the Duggars to know ... I'd want something from a package in a box.

Like a Twinkie. 

Well, you might get invited, if your son's future in-laws know the Duggars, but most of us are safe from the possibility of Duggar-handled food.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, Gillyweed said:

When Jessa got married was her dress altered to be more modest?

I'm only on page 1 of this thread, but if I see the word "modest" one more time, I think I'm going to scream. 

If you want to be modest, get off the damn TV.

7 hours ago, justwatching said:

I was MOH for my sister's wedding in May.  I think I paid around $50ish for this dress and $25 for these boots .  Did my own hair & makeup and wore jewelry I already had.  All in, well under $100.  Of course, it was a simple outdoor wedding, but still.

I can't wrap my brain around $10K.  Or even $450, for that matter.  Not judging, just not something I've been around.

It's kind of a tough spot to be in when you're asked to be in a wedding party. I appreciate when brides are mindful of the costs for bridesmaids and flexible about the plans/expectations. One of my girl friends gifted all of her bridesmaids certificates to the hairdresser to put toward our bill, which was sweet since most of us were totally broke post-grad school. Her vision for her wedding was classy and lovely and she didn't have to compromise on it but it was very sweet that she considered her friends and what we could reasonably afford. 

Cute dress and boot combination! I'm sure it looked lovely. I love that soft pink color. 

Would Jinger and Jeremy even have a say in how many people they invite to the wedding or is it just a given that they do it big and cheap?

On 7/3/2016 at 2:59 PM, Gossamer1 said:

That bit bugged me even more than the floating door. If that's heaven, why don't the servants and engineers (who, by the way, all died because they stayed on the sinking ship to keep the electricity going as long as possible) get to go be in heaven with their families and loved ones? Why do they have to stay and be Rose's eternal slaves forever on Heaven-Titanic? That's some Davy Jones-ass shit right there.

Also, if you think about it, Titanic is just a movie about a really old lady talking about the time she banged a random guy on a cruise ship. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived