IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

Ok FJ:ers. Which kind of reception and food should this JinJer evangelical/italian wedding have?

It will probably be huge (around 1000 guests?) and in the autumn. 

So.How do we do this?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok FJ:ers. Which kind of reception and food should this JinJer evangelical/italian wedding have?

So.How do we do this?

Pasta bar.

And pumpkin spice latte donuts.

9 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Pasta bar.

And pumpkin spice latte donuts.

That would be fancy for Jim Boob. But for us? :my_dodgy:

I would like a sit down dinner for 150 of the guests. With real food on real plates in a hotel or something.

39 minutes ago, Guilty pleasure said:

I would like a sit down dinner for 150 of the guests. With real food on real plates in a hotel or something.

And what about the other 850 guests? Do you envision them lining up in the parking lot with bowls in hand to be served out of a huge kettle full of watered-down Italian Wedding Soup?

Or do they just get a cup of coffee and a sliver of cake?

2 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

And what about the other 850 guests? Do you envision them lining up in the parking lot with bowls in hand to be served out of a huge kettle full of watered-down Italian Wedding Soup?

Or do they just get a cup of coffee and a sliver of cake?

Coffee in styrofoam cups, of course.  

And what are the odds of Sierra being knocked up again by the time of JinJer's wedding? Pretty good, I think.

1 hour ago, Guilty pleasure said:

Considering the Duggars don't eat off of real plates at home, what makes you think they'll use them for a wedding?

Also is it too soon to begin registry watching and snarking?  How greedy will these two be?

How about a cheapo sit-down for all of the guests, with assigned seating?  I'm thinking Josh would be an interesting conversational partner for Teri Maxwell and/or Jill Rodrigues.

I know that the Duggars are not into fashion and SHOES, generally, appear to be an afterthought.  I remember the horrifying episode when JimBoob was thinking of having livestock, so the girls went to a farm one morning to slop hogs in flip flops, and there were piles of sh#t everywhere that they were trying to avoid stepping in!!!  Another episode had Anna walking around DC with the kids for hours, wearing flip flops, despite the fact that they were SO inappropriate!  I know flip flops are usually the footwear of choice; nothing wrong with flips, I live in Florida and wear them often, but not when it's cold, or on a dressy occasion, or for work, or when I'm going to do a LOT of walking. And I don't wear the cheap shower shoes like the Duggers wear, either!  I LOVE shoes, they are my addiction, so the Duggars' lack of appropriate or attractive footwear drives me crazy! My point, (and I do have one), is that if you're ever going to wear some great shoes, a Cinderella slipper, or whatever, your wedding is certainly when you should do it.  And not some secondhand shoe either, something really great that accentuates your dress! I would hope, unlike her sisters, that Jinger chooses a GREAT pair of heels to wear, especially since there are no height issues with this one. (Assuming this courtship actually culminates in a wedding!)  NO BARE FEET!

If Jinger does marry this guy, at least she gets to live in "city." So, when do we think we will hear about an engagement?

10 hours ago, sunshine said:

If Jinger does marry this guy, at least she gets to live in "city." So, when do we think we will hear about an engagement?

But will she?  Perhaps Jim Bob God laid it on Jeremy's heart to save the unsaved heathens of Northwest Arkansas instead of Texas.  After all, there might be a McMansion involved.

15 hours ago, Dandruff said:

How about a cheapo sit-down for all of the guests, with assigned seating?  I'm thinking Josh would be an interesting conversational partner for Teri Maxwell and/or Jill Rodrigues.

If Jill Rod doesn't show up in a wedding dress she found at Goodwill (altered for her "NEENER NEENER I CAN STILL BEAR FRUIT IN MY LOINS" baby, of course) with all her kids dressed in white and then try to hog the stage at the reception, this wedding will be all for naught.

20 hours ago, Guilty pleasure said:

So.How do we do this?

Going off the ONLY three things I know about Jinger after watching this show for years .... at her wedding reception, she will have a coffee bar, a photo booth and pickles. 

On shoes these are the shoes my sister's chosen for her wedding. The bridesmaids are all having them in white, then the bride's shoes have been dyed to the colour of the bridesmaids' dresses. 

They're a little too high for my taste (i rarely wear heels) but hey, it's her wedding, and I can take them off as soon as we get to the reception anyway.

14 hours ago, AuntK said:

I know that the Duggars are not into fashion and SHOES, generally, appear to be an afterthought.  I remember the horrifying episode when JimBoob was thinking of having livestock, so the girls went to a farm one morning to slop hogs in flip flops, and there were piles of sh#t everywhere that they were trying to avoid stepping in!!!  Another episode had Anna walking around DC with the kids for hours, wearing flip flops, despite the fact that they were SO inappropriate!  I know flip flops are usually the footwear of choice; nothing wrong with flips, I live in Florida and wear them often, but not when it's cold, or on a dressy occasion, or for work, or when I'm going to do a LOT of walking. And I don't wear the cheap shower shoes like the Duggers wear, either!  I LOVE shoes, they are my addiction, so the Duggars' lack of appropriate or attractive footwear drives me crazy! My point, (and I do have one), is that if you're ever going to wear some great shoes, a Cinderella slipper, or whatever, your wedding is certainly when you should do it.  And not some secondhand shoe either, something really great that accentuates your dress! I would hope, unlike her sisters, that Jinger chooses a GREAT pair of heels to wear, especially since there are no height issues with this one. (Assuming this courtship actually culminates in a wedding!)  NO BARE FEET!

my thought over Jill being barefoot was that she could have worn white leather ballet slippers (15-20 dollars at Payless); a little more appropriate in church IMO.  she had said something weird about liking their height differential, but ballet slippers would have allowed her to be both comfortable and the same height as barefoot.  (I've worn them myself around the house since my college dorm days).

the flip-flops at the farm bothered me not just because of the shit piles (I've stepped in cat shit, dog shit and chicken shit over the years, gross but not that a big deal), but if they stepped in shit after having a cut on their feet/toes, that's a nasty infection waiting to happen.  and let's not even get into having a large animal step on their feet.  If I were the owner of that farm, I would have stopped filming and insisted they not come back without proper footwear (I would have tolerated the skirts).

I love shoes too, but after 2 dislocated knees and a bout of plantar fasciitis, I've given up on any heels over 2 inches, and I still wear flats most days.  I have a rack full of size-eight stilettos that I just can't bring myself to part with.....

52 minutes ago, catlady said:

my thought over Jill being barefoot was that she could have worn white leather ballet slippers (15-20 dollars at Payless); a little more appropriate in church IMO.  she had said something weird about liking their height differential, but ballet slippers would have allowed her to be both comfortable and the same height as barefoot.  (I've worn them myself around the house since my college dorm days).

the flip-flops at the farm bothered me not just because of the shit piles (I've stepped in cat shit, dog shit and chicken shit over the years, gross but not that a big deal), but if they stepped in shit after having a cut on their feet/toes, that's a nasty infection waiting to happen.  and let's not even get into having a large animal step on their feet.  If I were the owner of that farm, I would have stopped filming and insisted they not come back without proper footwear (I would have tolerated the skirts).

I love shoes too, but after 2 dislocated knees and a bout of plantar fasciitis, I've given up on any heels over 2 inches, and I still wear flats most days.  I have a rack full of size-eight stilettos that I just can't bring myself to part with.....

I, too, have given up the high heels, but loved them and wore them often in my 20s. Thankfully, there are a ton of cute shoes now with lower heels or flats that still allow me to satisfy my shoe addiction. But, if I was Jinger's age. . .

Well, I took one for the FJ team today.  Or tried to, anyway.

I decided to make the (in)famous Chicken Etti.  Oh. My.  Such an unappetizing slimy globbity blob of gelatinous goo.  And when I was transferring it from the mixing bowl to the baking dish, said blob made some very unholy noises.

DH said it looked & sounded like somebody was taking a yuuuuuge dump.  Needless to say, said casserole is now sitting in the fridge because I have zero enthusiasm for baking and smelling and eating.  I'm thinking tea and toast for supper.

25 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Well, I took one for the FJ team today.  Or tried to, anyway.

I decided to make the (in)famous Chicken Etti.  Oh. My.  Such an unappetizing slimy globbity blob of gelatinous goo.  And when I was transferring it from the mixing bowl to the baking dish, said blob made some very unholy noises.

DH said it looked & sounded like somebody was taking a yuuuuuge dump.  Needless to say, said casserole is now sitting in the fridge because I have zero enthusiasm for baking and smelling and eating.  I'm thinking tea and toast for supper.

I had once just showed the recipe to Mr. CatLady, and he said he couldn't imagine eating something so disgusting.

Well, Chickenetti would be the logical (lol) result of a Duggar and an Italian marrying. Pasta + Duggar crap cooking = pasta enveloped in a thick, salty, creamy combination of canned soups. 

So, maybe aluminum trays filled with steaming Chickenetti and an iceberg salad. For dessert, tiramisu made by Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie, and Mackynzie.

1 minute ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Fear not! I have solved the shoe vs barefoot dilemma!

image.jpeg

Add some lace trim and rhinestones and they're wedding ready!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived