IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

46 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I am amazed if I get a thank you card any more.    Young people think they've covered it if they post "Thanks for the loot" on FB - no matter if you are on fb or not

Not always true. I got married last year at 23 and sent out Thank You cards. I've been to several weddings since I graduated college and got Thank You cards for all of them. Hell, I even got a thank you card from a wedding that DIDN'T happen that I was going to be a bridesmaid in and had already helped out with a bunch.

I also remembering getting a shit ton and sending out a shit ton of Thank You cards for both high school and college graduation presents/parties

It's not a "young people" thing to not send Thank You cards, it's an asshole thing.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Not always true. I got married last year at 23 and sent out Thank You cards. I've been to several weddings since I graduated college and got Thank You cards for all of them. Hell, I even got a thank you card from a wedding that DIDN'T happen that I was going to be a bridesmaid in and had already helped out with a bunch.

I also remembering getting a shit ton and sending out a shit ton of Thank You cards for both high school and college graduation presents/parties

It's not a "young people" thing to not send Thank You cards, it's an asshole thing.

Yes, you are right. 

I should have left out YOUNG.   I apologize to those of  you with manners 

31 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Same over here. I'm 32 so at the tail end of the wedding flurry, but I only remember a handful of people not sending thank you notes for showers or weddings. I'd say at least 90% sent thank you notes. So thank God the majority of people still have some basic manners. 

A friend was married a week and a half ago. One couple had to back out of attending a day before the wedding. The husband had emergency surgery two weeks prior and they thought he would be able to make the two hour trip to the wedding but he just wasn't ready for a long drive. They offered to write a check to cover their plates they felt so terrible about having to back out so late. 

Another person backed out the day of the wedding because of some work emergency.  It's not like he is a brain surgeon.  He is a VP of something at a commercial laundry service. He didn't apologize, offer to cover his plate or anything. 

Bad manners span all ages.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, bingbangboom said:

My kid says "hey man!" Instead of amen, and "cheeses" instead of Jesus. He's 5 and has grown up pretty secular.

He asked what church was the other day.  I told him it was basically like school...

kids say the darnedest things!

I was raised Catholic but not the kids.  But at one point I considered sending them to the Catholic grade school, so we took a tour.   There was a large painting of Jesus on the wall and one kid asks, who's that.  My son goes, Jesus.  I asked him how did you know that.  He said he saw him on Family Guy.   :)

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:43 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

I'm an atheist, though I've read the bible a few times. My favorite bible quote is Deuteronomy 23:1 but only because I know someone who accidentally got it tattooed on her arm (she mixed up the numbers but I forget what she was going for) so I giggle every time I read it... I'm probably a bad person. I'm not sure what my favorite bible verse would be in all seriousness, so I would probably abstain from an exercise like this.

Deuteronomy seems pretty brutal.  I don't know the Bible very well, but eating the flesh of your children?? God is very harsh according to this book. 

If you disobey, " 22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

53 Because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you. 54 Even the most gentle and sensitive man among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves or his surviving children, 55 and he will not give to one of them any of the flesh of his children that he is eating."

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

I was raised Catholic but not the kids.  But at one point I considered sending them to the Catholic grade school, so we took a tour.   There was a large painting of Jesus on the wall and one kid asks, who's that.  My son goes, Jesus.  I asked him how did you know that.  He said he saw him on Family Guy.   :)

My son was baptized Catholic but raised Unitarian. Married a girl from a conservative catholic family. At the. Wedding the priest said something about gifts for. Mary. My son turned around and mouthed "Mary?" My side cracked up. Hers not so much

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived