IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the weddings I've gone to guests have spent  $25-$50.  My best friend got married last year and I got her exactly what she wanted, a $25 set of Pyrex baking dishes.  I wish I could give more I just can't afford to 

Okay peeps, I'm being brave here and showing you the dress for my son's wedding.

Here is the Mother of the Bride's pick.  She's a tiny little thing, and this dress fits her perfectly.  The flowy organza skirt would look great on the dance floor.

R & M Richards Lace Chiffon Jacket Dress

Unfortunately, I can't find a photo of the dress the MOB chose for me.  It's the same designer, a complementary color. All-lace sheath dress with a bit longer jacket.

Bride & MOB chose for us to wear silver shoes.  Which @Nashville92 actually posted mine upthread ^ ^ ^ in photo with the cool bridesmaid dress near bottom of page 5 (in a different color, though).  And I just realized -- I still have to find an evening bag and some statement jewelry!!! :o 

19 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

You guys could really put together a cute wedding.

It's a shame the Duggar girl will only wear white or close to white dresses, because colourful dresses are the shiz!

(I got married in a midnight blue dress. I was trying to find it on the website of the shop I bought it at, but as my wedding was 7 years ago it's long gone. I'm a screaming narcissist, so I'm tempted to put of photo of it up on here!)

Girls who are allowed to have an occasional individual thought often make unique choices. :) My daughter wore a gorgeous burgandy dress for her wedding.

8 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

TLC will pay for the dress just b/c buying it will take up at least 2 episodes. She would look lovely with her hair swept up w/flowers in it. Maybe she'll do something really unique and take some Italian things from her fiancée's tradition.

Get married on the lawn under a tree or a hoopa or trellis. have only 500 ppl. Serve real food. have JUST the immediate family on both sides. I suppose the boy's father will perform the ceremony.

I don't know, I'm from Long Island where a wedding was second only to a coronation.

They could use the treehouse! 

Adding my 2 cents!!

Physical gifts have fallen out of fashion here, mostcouples now get married after they have been living together for a while, they would have already have a microwave. It's cover your plate for standard wedding guest. Close family are expected to give more. But it's literally cover your plate, nlt other expenses are included. The usual cost is between 50 and 150 euros, but the most normal this is between 75 and 100 €. Of course there's going to be absit down dinner, open bar and dancing. The open bar never closes before 4 am (after that is usually pay for bottle for the bride and groom), and a wedding that finishes before 6 am is boring as hell.

15 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

They aren't planning a honeymoon per se. Their plan is to sell both houses and move down south so they are taking a shopping trip to S.C. some time in August. 

They go to each other's concerts to be nice but they don't share a passion for the same music. Neither is into a particular sport. They like hanging out at home and spending time with family and friends.

I asked her point blank what kind of gift they wanted. I have been helping them plan their wedding and they keep saying that my help getting all this done in just 3 months is gift enough. A sweet sentiment to be sure but not helpful in the least. 

Let's see if Google can help. 

Maybe you can wait until they move, and send a really nice flower arrangement to help welcome them to their new home?

12 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

I was browsing that site and was gonna pick that one too! Or else something like this:

https://latterdaybride.com/sheath-wedding/knightly-details

Look at the timeline for all of those dresses, though. Standard shipping for the one linked here is 17-19 weeks, with 12-14 week rush at $80 extra and 9-11 week rush at $100 extra, in addition to the $1,145 price tag. They'd never order in time, even if they were willing to spend that much money. After all, the turnaround time on engagement to wedding's been shorter than that in many cases.

On 22.6.2016 at 6:09 AM, Kaylo said:

Though it was discussed in another thread, we shall begin with...

...and for the bridesmaids, this beauty! Jana can add sleeves and a chest covering wad of material and a longer skirt underneath, right???

image.png

Sorry for off topic: This dress is so hilarious, but If Germany gets in the finale of the soccer's European champeanship I really need to have it ;-) ( I'm German).

The soccer ball boobs are just awesome!  The flag part on the skirt could be red white and blue! 'Merica!!!!

On 6/23/2016 at 6:37 AM, Bushes of Love said:

You guys could really put together a cute wedding.

It's a shame the Duggar girl will only wear white or close to white dresses, because colourful dresses are the shiz!

(I got married in a midnight blue dress. I was trying to find it on the website of the shop I bought it at, but as my wedding was 7 years ago it's long gone. I'm a screaming narcissist, so I'm tempted to put of photo of it up on here!)

I love wedding dresses.  I got married 20 years ago this Sept, and I wanted so badly to have this 1 rum pink dress but I was young meek and stupid and let them talk me into a very white, very traditional very ugly dress that I still hate to this day. I so hate being an inside the lines person that I got thrown in for my wedding, it was pretty much the last "normal" thing I did.  Hello I'm June fucking Cleaver born again Christian flaming liberal who cusses like a sailor drinks like a fish and can tell you a bible story while baking you little shits cookies.  I drive my family nuts, but my husband and kids love me!  

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I love wedding dresses.  I got married 20 years ago this Sept, and I wanted so badly to have this 1 rum pink dress but I was young meek and stupid and let them talk me into a very white, very traditional very ugly dress that I still hate to this day. I so hate being an inside the lines person that I got thrown in for my wedding, it was pretty much the last "normal" thing I did.  Hello I'm June fucking Cleaver born again Christian flaming liberal who cusses like a sailor drinks like a fish and can tell you a bible story while baking you little shits cookies.  I drive my family nuts, but my husband and kids love me!  

I also got married 20 years ago; I actually wanted the big white satin ballgown and got one.  heavy satin, 3-foot train, long sleeves (for autumn), and nothing like what I would have picked if we'd gotten married even a few years later.  the dress is still in my attic in a box, so hopelessly out of style that no one would wear it again except as a costume, but it stays there because my mom bought it for me and I'd feel too guilty to get rid of it.

2a9183b76a31f6738e6cd9ed5ee66121.jpg Now only if it had a turtle neck collar...............(hey, it would cover up some of that fake orange tan on her!)

On June 22, 2016 at 6:28 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Will the main course be Little Caesar's served in the parking lot straight out of the boxes? Only the most authentic Eye-talian food should be available at this wedding, after all.

Yes!! But only if Boob can negotiate a discount. He will go in the night before at closing and buy what's left for a dollar a piece. The pizzas will sit out all night and be served at room temperature. Gotta save that money!

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I love wedding dresses.  I got married 20 years ago this Sept, and I wanted so badly to have this 1 rum pink dress but I was young meek and stupid and let them talk me into a very white, very traditional very ugly dress that I still hate to this day. 

My wedding dress (17 years ago) was ivory satin with rum pink accents, but it was very simple. I loved it.

Why do so few wedding dresses  have sleeves anymore?  Actually, it's not just wedding dresses. Just because it's warm out does not mean the whole world needs to be exposed to my horrid upper arms. I had a terrible time finding a dress to wear to the wedding I'm going to next month. I am very grateful for online shopping! 

Oh and @Pandora Spocks? That outfit is beyond horrendous! A potato sack would be more becoming. Where did you find that hot little frock?

My dress from the mid-90's had long sleeves. I have a surgical scar on the top of my left wrist that I wanted covered since everyone would be looking at my hand that day. The scar was about 10 years old then and still very visible.

2 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

Oh and @Pandora Spocks? That outfit is beyond horrendous! A potato sack would be more becoming. Where did you find that hot little frock?

Well, the good news is that you, too, can be the proud owner of one of these snazzy ensembles. I cringe to report that this business is based in Wisconsin, but I do have to own the fact that my otherwise much loved state is a hotbed of raging lunatics and religious whackos. Keeps things interesting. But I digress. Simply visit http://www.thekingsdaughters.com/ladiesdresses.html and you can be wearing one of these custom gowns guaranteed to draw attention to your blessed countenance. At the low, low price of $70, even Kim Jong Boobie would approve of you buying two. One to wear and one to wash, of course. No need to be frivolous.  There are also plenty of modest and wholesome choices for MOB  and bridesmaids as well. But please, don't blame me if you find yourself going broke from snatching up a closet full of these fancies! Gluttony is a a sin, you know.

Of course I knew that Jessa's choice was Purposed to be modest, but going to a wedding and just seeing the bride in that dress i would not have thought that. I thought it was a great dress.....and modest by the way too. Loved the beading and the tulle skirt. I didn't like Jill's at all. Thought it had no shape at all. Me, the Fashion Director.

I finally registered just to join in on this topic. So many pretty dresses! I'm fairly sure I'll never have a wedding but I enjoy looking at pretty dresses anytime. I hope Jinger does pick something she feels beautiful in, just because this may be her one chance to really be herself... not "one of nineteen" or "the preacher's wife" or "Mommy!!!" but herself.

Since her daddy is a known cheapo, maybe she could get away with a dress with some color, if she wants. My sister's dress was pink. The same dress in white cost $150 more, but the pink is considered a Quinceañera dress, so a little less expensive.

Julie's Wedding Portraits

(please tell me if I did that wrong, I pasted in the link and there it appeared...)

I do have to say I'm a little surprised at the snarking I've seen around about their receptions... they do sound on the trashy side (a parking lot?) but where I'm from (also in the south) an afternoon wedding with a cake and punch (usually with hors d'ouevres) reception is pretty standard for anyone not very wealthy. I've only ever been to one wedding with a sit-down meal, and it was because the groom was Not From Around Here. As for gifts it depends more on how well you know the person. For my sister I spent a ton of money and time on her wedding and shot her wedding portraits (she scheduled the garden when her photographer was unavailable) and that was her gift from me. My sister's gift to my former best friend was her wedding cake, and my gift was doing almost all of the wedding planning and spending the morning of buying the things she hadn't thought about... like jewelry for the bridesmaids, and a table to put the unity candle on so it could actually be used...

One of the things that people seem to react badly to is the apparent lack of thought and planning that goes into some of the receptions. Like Jessa's rootbeer floats in an open parking lot, in October, with no tents, heaters, or seats. Just, if you're going to talk up the wedding planning as a big deal, shouldn't it be WELL planned?

That burgundy bridesmaid's dress is gorgeous on a slim figure, but the neckline! Good heavens, eye traps.  What the heck was that silvery-purple thing with the gift-wrapped ribbons holding it in place upthread (?Michelle Duggar?)?

Doesn't anybody do wedding-hall family-table platters any more?  When I got married millennia ago (after we chased the dinosaurs out of the parking lots), you could hire a decent hall for 120-150 people (figure 5p-1 am), get an open bar for about 5 hours (time extendable for added cost), and work out a nice menu that wouldn't total the budget. (IIRC, we had plates of chicken, roast beef, sausage, and pasta, baked potato and side veggie, salad, sherbert, and tea/coffee/milk, plus a glass of wine for toasting, for less than $15 USD/head in 1977 (under $60/head in 2016 dollars)---and that included chairs, tables, china, servers, room decorations, and table flowers.) 

3 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Well, the good news is that you, too, can be the proud owner of one of these snazzy ensembles. I cringe to report that this business is based in Wisconsin, but I do have to own the fact that my otherwise much loved state is a hotbed of raging lunatics and religious whackos. Keeps things interesting. But I digress. Simply visit http://www.thekingsdaughters.com/ladiesdresses.html and you can be wearing one of these custom gowns guaranteed to draw attention to your blessed countenance. At the low, low price of $70, even Kim Jong Boobie would approve of you buying two. One to wear and one to wash, of course. No need to be frivolous.  There are also plenty of modest and wholesome choices for MOB  and bridesmaids as well. But please, don't blame me if you find yourself going broke from snatching up a closet full of these fancies! Gluttony is a a sin, you know.

I could see using that site if you needed dresses or dress patterns for a period prairie-themed play or the like, since they have everything from dresses to bonnets for all ages, but definitely not for everyday wear. NOT my taste.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived