IGNORED

Kaci Lynn is here - Whitney and Zach's 2nd baby

Mrs. Figg

Regarding wearing pants, Whitney, Alyssa or anyone else of the married women can always say that their headship made them do it. Because of their twisted beliefs, there is not much the parents can say or do once the "transfer of authority" (sick) has occurred.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm surprised because Whitney made a lot of changes just to please her parents-in-law. She's a person that has suffered a lot (she was abused, then fostered as a teen...). She seemed so insecure and grateful for having Zach and being accepted in Bates family that I'm sure she was willing to do whatever to fit,  including wearing a burkini hahaha. 

I mean, Alyssa could know that Kelly would be pissed of because her in jeans. But she also knew that Kelly loved her and clothes are not such a big deal to change that. But when the attachment is weaker and you need to fit in a family, it's more difficult to break a rule. That's why I think it was easier for Alyssa to wear jeans and it was harder for Whitney.

This said, I would be far more suprised if I see Michael in jeans. 

I think we'll see a Duggar in a pair of jeans long before that ever happens.

4 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I think we'll see a Duggar in a pair of jeans long before that ever happens.

I agree. I think Michael is the most devout female from both families. I give it about a year until jinger is wearing pants. Her, joy-Anna, tori, and Josie are the only ones I can see as of now.

I'm more concerned about their dangerous beliefs than their clothing and entertainment choices. What we are seeing is bait to lure people into the cult. They are not taking baby steps away. These people are evil to the core.

Did you see the latest? The next BUB episode talks about Kaci's birth, and that she was breech. Of course we have to wait to see if they were able to successfully turn her around or if she had to have a c-section. Kelly was saying 'our hearts sank". But it, of course could be an initial reaction to having never had a breech herself.

6 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Did you see the latest? The next BUB episode talks about Kaci's birth, and that she was breech. Of course we have to wait to see if they were able to successfully turn her around or if she had to have a c-section. Kelly was saying 'our hearts sank". But it, of course could be an initial reaction to having never had a breech herself.

On Whitney's Instagram, she says on the day of Kaci's birth, Dr. Vick was able to turn her around and she "came out perfect". No doubt BUB will play that up for drama points.

On 24/9/2016 at 1:43 PM, Casserole said:

What makes everyone think she just threw out all of her pants once she married Zach? I always just figured she wore them privately at home and kept up the charade of dresses and skirts for filming/visiting the in-laws. Just because they weren't photographed, doesn't mean she didn't wear them over the last few years. 

When Zach and Whit married, they said Whitney was committed to wear skirts only. Kelly was delighted explaining that.

18 hours ago, season of life said:

On Whitney's Instagram, she says on the day of Kaci's birth, Dr. Vick was able to turn her around and she "came out perfect". No doubt BUB will play that up for drama points.

At least Zach and Whitney had the smarts to have a real doctor deliver their baby....

On 9/26/2016 at 0:59 AM, season of life said:

Stupid question, but how do you turn a breech? Do you just shove your hands up there and give Junior a whirl?

External cephalic version I think it may be. 

There is an internal version especially for sunny side up fetuses.

30 minutes ago, JillyO said:
10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Do you just shove your hands up there and give Junior a whirl?

That you for THAT mental image. :pb_lol:

Damn, reminds me of an ex who bred dairy cows.  Quite often he had to reach up into the mama cow and pull the calf out.  Even had a chain for that purpose.  (Guess forceps would be the human equivalent)

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:06 PM, Karma said:

I haven't seen the episode, but I saw on the ad Kelly saying "you're in god's hands" as Whitney was wheeled in.  Um, no, she's in the doctors hands.  

Well, some people consider doctors to be gods, so maybe in her mind she wasn't completely off the mark.

And actually, here's a question (sorry if this has already been addressed): do Fundies (the ones that go to doctors, that is) consider doctors to be a god?

2 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Well, some people consider doctors to be gods, so maybe in her mind she wasn't completely off the mark.

And actually, here's a question (sorry if this has already been addressed): do Fundies (the ones that go to doctors, that is) consider doctors to be a god?

Absolutely not, that would be blasphemy. Everyone knows Gothard is God and Jesus is Gothard in robes.

My understanding is it's like God working through the doctors hands. The doctors education, experience and expertise is irrelevant and gets no thanks or appreciation. They're  just a vessel for God to help his fave fundies when they need lifesaving medical intervention. 

and yet in epic cognitive dissonance - you'd never see them go to a male ObGyn yet the female doctors they use are explicitly against their religion - that high stress career with dodgy hours, occasionally asking men do things for them - porters & nurses and junior doctors.

I've always wondered what the girls think watching their moms need these career women to deliver their babies.

On 9/25/2016 at 6:26 PM, BullyJBG said:

Not gonna lie. My first was breech, and hearing that made my heart sink. I was terrified of a c-section. Other things happened, so, c-section it was. Thankfully we knew in advance, so we could schedule it. I was the most terrified when I was told that if I even thought I was in labor I had to run to the hospital NOW!

Kelly saying that seems perfectly normal to me, ya know?

3 hours ago, imokit said:

and yet in epic cognitive dissonance - you'd never see them go to a male ObGyn

The OB the Bates clan uses is a male.

28 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The OB the Bates clan uses is a male.

And the Doctor who delivered Israel Dillard was male too. Yeah, he was delivered via emergency C-Section, but I'm guessing someone (possibly the Doctor?) had to examine Jill when she first got to the Hospital.

I have yet to have a male doctor perform any sort of medical procedures or examinations on any part of my body that is kept clothed, and I prefer it that way. Does that make me backwards the way fundies are assumed to be if they were to have female doctors?

Because, if anything, by fundie logic no doctor would be the best fundie doctor seeing as no male other than your marital headship is to see you undressed, and no female is to pursue a career such as a doctor. Probably why most of them go the homebirth route with dodgy midwives. No, not shaming homebirths, just the way these fundies go about it.

20 hours ago, imokit said:

and yet in epic cognitive dissonance - you'd never see them go to a male ObGyn yet the female doctors they use are explicitly against their religion - that high stress career with dodgy hours, occasionally asking men do things for them - porters & nurses and junior doctors.

I've always wondered what the girls think watching their moms need these career women to deliver their babies.

It drives me crazy how they bash higher education and women working, and then run to doctors and other career professionals.

Same with Steve Maxwell having no problem taking his kids to the doctor and dentist, but not letting his son become an EMT. Ya know, cause helping heal sick people is so un-Christlike. :roll:

6 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I have yet to have a male doctor perform any sort of medical procedures or examinations on any part of my body that is kept clothed, and I prefer it that way. Does that make me backwards the way fundies are assumed to be if they were to have female doctors?

Because, if anything, by fundie logic no doctor would be the best fundie doctor seeing as no male other than your marital headship is to see you undressed, and no female is to pursue a career such as a doctor. Probably why most of them go the homebirth route with dodgy midwives. No, not shaming homebirths, just the way these fundies go about it.

Fundies don't make sense. They don't want men looking at women, but they have no problem with male doctors and OBGYNs. How the Bateses keep up, I don't know because they dislike so many things yet accept it for the sake of convenience.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived