IGNORED

Jinjer 1: Courting

Yaoichan12

Wait if he played for the Red Bulls then I probably saw him play. That's my team lol

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

I really want to downvote this because I fear that you are right. 

Hopefully, when she is out from under JimBoob's protection she can see the world for the really cool place it can be instead of a place to fear and look down on.

I really do hope I'm proven wrong! I want Jinger to be in a secure, happy relationship.

Anyone else nervous about how much older he is? This dude has done all sorts of stuff and Jinger is only 22. She SHOULD have been a college graduate this spring, but we all know she's so much younger emotionally. I don't think I could have dated a dude who was 28 at 22 and I went to college and got a degree and lived on my own and all that jazz.

I will HAPPILY eat my words. SO HAPPILY if he turns out great. But it throws up a tiny red flag for me.

Edit: also they said he USED to play soccer, but he quit to be a minister

So at first I was excited. Until I looked up his name and realized he's a Pastor in Laredo, Texas. I knew there was a catch.

2 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Well now that she's courting, we'll hear a lot more from her. Is she on social media yet? 

At least Jessa is not following her yet. (Yes, it was literally the first thing i checked)

Adds Jinger, "It was there that I really saw his heart and really admired his character."

Sure Jinger, I'm sure it was his "heart" that attracted you. This guy is hot! Too bad about the ministry thing, but if he wasn't religious there's no way Boob would have let him near her. Hoping for the best for Jinger.

1 minute ago, Slt said:

So at first I was excited. Until I looked up his name and realized he's a Pastor in Laredo, Texas. I knew there was a catch.

At least Laredo is far from the TTH.

haha! He's also been arrested before. Too funny. I can't believe of all of the girls, poor JINGER ends up with the Pastor. No doubt Jim Bob did this on purpose so she can't stray too far. 

3 minutes ago, Slt said:

From his testimony, he used to drink heavily in high school and college and is DEFINITELY not a virgin.

Not a bad thing in my opinion. Surprised JB and Michelle approved him.

So we have a football player, that used to drink on high school, non-virginal and a pastor bowing down to JB?

I knew this had to have a trick

Just now, BabyBottlePop said:

Not a bad thing in my opinion. Surprised JB and Michelle approved him.

I don't disagree on the "not a bad thing," however with him being a pastor, that tells me he's going to have that crazy guilt that some of the fundies get  (cough cough ME-CHELLE) that makes them more fanatical. He only got through because he's a pastor.

2 minutes ago, Slt said:

haha! He's also been arrested before. Too funny. I can't believe of all of the girls, poor JINGER ends up with the Pastor. No doubt Jim Bob did this on purpose so she can't stray too far. 

One way or the other, all the Duggar daughters are being married off to guys with who want to "minister." At least this one seems to have something else going on in his life.   

This guy will be the worst of them all. It sounds like he is a new convert to fundy religion (based on his background). New converts to ANYthing are always the worst. Veganism, beachbody, religion, tv shows, doesn't matter. 

I hope that this will be a phase for him and he will lesson as time goes on. Jinger deserves someone who won't beat down her spirit. 

Was this the "Mr Jeremy" we saw/heard around the boys last season? When Justin was doing mechanical wirk and Joy was helping Jinger flip the car? 

I see her ending up like Alyssa, fundie but not extremeist anymore.

He probably can make some decent money being a speaker, sharing his testimony. From Instagram there are only a few pics, three with people who saw him speak at a church, one speaking to high school football players at a Christian school:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

At least he isn't a Maxwell. 

I hope, if married, that they don't move with a few miles of the TTH

#BuildYourOwnLifeJinger

19 minutes ago, Kira said:

The comments on this thread are similar to the comments mad when Jill announced her courtship to Derrick! He went to a real college and was employed. He also seemed less religious. 

I'm also not confident he will "free" Jinger.

I agree. People thought Derrick was going to free Jill. Then people were hopeful because Ben's family lived further away from the Duggars and weren't followers of Gothard. But fast forward two years and they've both been Duggarized. 

Wow!! This is enough to get me out of the blessed little thread. Run like the wind Jinger!

Jinger courting wow. I first had hope for her when I read he was a pro. But the minister thing is throwing me off as well. I have to agree with @Shadoewolf that I see her becoming a Alyssa. At least I hope for her she does if she really loves him.

11 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Anyone else nervous about how much older he is? This dude has done all sorts of stuff and Jinger is only 22. She SHOULD have been a college graduate this spring, but we all know she's so much younger emotionally. I don't think I could have dated a dude who was 28 at 22 and I went to college and got a degree and lived on my own and all that jazz.

I will HAPPILY eat my words. SO HAPPILY if he turns out great. But it throws up a tiny red flag for me.

I kinda have this feeling too. 

Even an experienced 22 I would say you're barely out of your teens. Whereas 28 is definitely an adult. If you take Jinger's stunted 22 there's going to be quite a power differential. 

• dawbs locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived