IGNORED

What's Going On in Maxhell? A Whole Lotta Nothing, Pt. 2

FundieFarmer

11 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

It's a safe place for them.  They don't want to go anywhere there's a chance there would be scantily-clad people or heathen activities like drinking or live shows that may not have the chastity of a Live Bethlehem production.  The Maxwells are not creative people, they just find something that works for them and then wash, rinse, repeat, no matter what.

I found it interesting there was a photo on the Bontrager's blog of their teacher (I think they have an outside teacher maybe to homeschool their kids?) having a picnic on the floor indoors on a blanket on the carpet with a few of the kids.  What did the Maxwells just do over at Nathan and Melanie's?  A floor picnic!  At first I though they were really stepping out of the box, but then realized they likely got the kidea from the Bontragers.  And the Maxwells did theirs on a hard kitchen floor.  I'll bet that was comfortable.  NOT.  

The Maxwells are what my SIL calls "joy sucks."

They suck the joy out of everything. What a horrible life.

Thank god for that puppy.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

They don't post stuff that could get them called out. Like the whole courting fiasco with Joseph and Elizabeth. If what they do can possibly come back to haunt them or call their ways into question (as if that isn't already a given) they will not share it. So they posts about trips to the zoo and playing with the kids and work. All safe and all innocuous enough that no one can call them or their ways into question when the story doesn't play out as they want it to. Visting other fundies could have reasons or be told from other perspectives - especially the Duggar connection - they don't dare put their spin on it when someone else can also put a spin on it. 

Yes, if anything is even a little controversial they delete it.

Several years ago they posted that they do a Seder dinner on the first night of Passover.  They must have felt that was too much for their readers, or they got some comments they didn't like, and the post was gone after a couple of days.

They eventually banned any talk of Ezzo and spanking from the Mom's board too.

12 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

It's a safe place for them.  They don't want to go anywhere there's a chance there would be scantily-clad people or heathen activities like drinking or live shows that may not have the chastity of a Live Bethlehem production.  The Maxwells are not creative people, they just find something that works for them and then wash, rinse, repeat, no matter what.

Colorado isn't ideal if that's their goal unless they drove straight to the FotF complex in the Springs and bunkered down there their entire trip.

I wonder what they think of or if they even know about our rebellious past and present. One of the first states to allow women's suffrage with many early leaders being women, particularly powerful brothel owners in the sin city that was 1870s Denver to our present day weed legalization and infatuation, and bluer and bluer learnings hosting the 08 DNC and going for Obama.

I doubt they drive down south Broadway in Denver where there's more dispensaries than coffee shops, or through heathen Boulder but even the rural south central mountain area in the San Juans I think they usually go to has a lot of weird libertarian hippie hybrids tucked away especially close to ski towns like CB, Telluride, etc.

Steve's brother-in-law (or brother, can't remember which) posted a pic of Steve's father on June 20.  That must have been whose memorial service they went to. Did he die around this time of year?  I still mix up Steve's parents and Teri's parents. 

Exciting Anna-Marie update! She's still pregnant, and the varicose vein pain is subsiding. She mentioned having Abigail and Bethany over to help organize the baby's clothing, which sounded adorable.

Not much snark other than Sarah's bewildering preamble about Anna-Marie and Christopher's thoughts on naming their children, which was written in High Maxwellian (complete with superfluous commas), and completely unnecessary since she said nothing of relevance that wasn't already covered by A-M's post. Classic Sarah. Oh, and A-M had to throw in some gender stereotypes for the Maxwankers: Joshua has an "analytical mind", and Ruthanne is a "little mommy".

I still can't get over Steve and Teri leaving the chidults HOME ALONE for more than a few hours at a time! Is this the first time ever? What if they decide not to get up at 4:30 AM for Family Bible Time? What if someone goes grocery shopping alone or goes to the library and checks out secular books? What if they go to a fast-food place, order enough food and Pepsi for 10 people, and eat it all? Do they KNOW where people who put meat in the burritos when Dad's gone go when they die?!?

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The Bontragers are IBLP to the hilt.  They are the "good friends" who visited the Duggars way back when.  It was such a pity that Jim Bob couldn't remember how to pronounce their last name. They endorse Pearl, Hogan, Above Rubies, and various other gross stuff.

I am (sadly) familiar with Micheal and Debbie Pearl's "doctrine" on child "training" and Nancy Campbell's take on womanhood, but I have no idea who Hogan is. Please, enlighten me :popcorn:

...though I know I will regret it afterwards:pb_rollseyes:

38 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Exciting Anna-Marie update! She's still pregnant, and the varicose vein pain is subsiding. She mentioned having Abigail and Bethany over to help organize the baby's clothing, which sounded adorable.

It sounds adorable...and questionable.  It would mean that the baby's clothing wasn't 100% organized to begin with.

1 hour ago, upkacrane said:

I am (sadly) familiar with Micheal and Debbie Pearl's "doctrine" on child "training" and Nancy Campbell's take on womanhood, but I have no idea who Hogan is. Please, enlighten me :popcorn:

...though I know I will regret it afterwards:pb_rollseyes:

Ask and you shall receive.  Here you go: http://www.noblecall.org/

IBLP to the max. Also featured on the Duggar show and involving rebar.

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Ask and you shall receive.  Here you go: http://www.noblecall.org/

IBLP to the max. Also featured on the Duggar show and involving rebar.

Noble call, noble cause, noble men...You call THAT noble??? Thanks, Palimpsest, for providing me with a rabbit hole to plummet into right at the beginning of the weekend. Very convenient! ...although I'm cringing already...

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Not much snark other than Sarah's bewildering preamble about Anna-Marie and Christopher's thoughts on naming their children, which was written in High Maxwellian (complete with superfluous commas), and completely unnecessary since she said nothing of relevance that wasn't already covered by A-M's post. Classic Sarah. Oh, and A-M had to throw in some gender stereotypes for the Maxwankers: Joshua has an "analytical mind", and Ruthanne is a "little mommy".

As if Ruthanne could be anything BUT a "little mommy".

4 hours ago, emesbe said:

Hey, now. There's always the rewarding career path of "Parental Old-Age Prop". Don't deny Ruthanne her full potential.

Omg- he's the rebar in the neck idiot.

Nope. Nope. Nope.  I'd rather watch video of a sloth pooping.

Unfortunately, can't figure out how to link video.  Just Google "baby sloth pooping video." 

(Mods - feel free to link if you wish.)

Regardless, a more productive use of time than noble BS.

Despite her message, I think Anna Marie is a much better writer than any of the original Maxwells.  Clearly, her mother did a MUCH better job at the SOTDRT than Teri did.  Anna Marie needs to be the main author at the blog. Sorry, Sarah; your sister-in-law, though not immediate family, should take over your job. 

3 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I bet the female name that Sarah got 'excited' over was her own.

And/Or the dog's.

21 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It sounds adorable...and questionable.  It would mean that the baby's clothing wasn't 100% organized to begin with.

Anna Marie is extremely organised. I think Abigail and Bethany "going to help" is a maxwellian way to say "go to play with newborn  clothes".

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Anna Marie is extremely organised. I think Abigail and Bethany "going to help" is a maxwellian way to say "go to play with newborn  clothes".

I agree. Sometimes when I watch small children for a day, I create a project and let them "help."  Perhaps I'll let them fold a basket of towels that I'd already folded. When my daughter was getting married I had our neighbor girls over to "help organize" napkins, plates and cups.  They were excited about the wedding and were thrilled to be involved in the preparations.  I in no way needed to organize any of that stuff but it was fun and we created memories. 

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM, theologygeek said:

Steve's brother-in-law (or brother, can't remember which) posted a pic of Steve's father on June 20.  That must have been whose memorial service they went to. Did he die around this time of year?  I still mix up Steve's parents and Teri's parents. 

The Bontragers had a video nites for Allison's birthday, and one if the boys was wearing an Iowa Hawkeye cap.  Two yuuuge no-nos in Maxhell.

I don't mean to be dirty minded and gross here but this picture should not have made it on the blog.

DSC_8478.jpg

On 06/25/2016 at 6:49 AM, emesbe said:

And we all know Joshua's "analytical mind" is going to be squelched out of existence by time he hits the concrete operational stage.

What these ppl know about  raising functional adults won't even take up the back of a postage stamp.

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I don't mean to be dirty minded and gross here but this picture should not have made it on the blog.

DSC_8478.jpg

It's a beautiful picture and I only see a lot of love there. She's a toddler, for God's sake!

On 24/6/2016 at 6:19 PM, emesbe said:

It's the Maxwells we're talking about, Christopher is a lot like his father so Ruthie might not even get to be her "designated role". Let's hope that at least she won't share the same forced fate as her 'aunties'.

On 25/6/2016 at 7:01 PM, Dandruff said:

And/Or the dog's.

Or the name of one of the Moodys.

Or -GASP- Teri's...:pb_eek:

The only name worst than that that I can think of would have to be "Stevanie"...:my_sick:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived