IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

Also, meant to say earlier, I wonder where Sarah fell in the Shrader sibling range? Rick and John both have been quick to praise her as being a godly wife and mother, but was she really as fundie as they are or was she more like her other brothers?

Knowing how angry and resentful at least one of John's brothers is, I think about Sarah in relation to all the donations that came John's way because she supposedly cared so much about his mission. Misrepresenting the beliefs of a person who's died is one of the most disrespectful things you can do; it's like you're erasing who they really were and re-making them as who you wanted them to be, and they can't correct you. Compounding that by taking money from the gullible folk under false pretenses is just the icing on the cake (topper). 

Also, I kind of feel like this incident needs a post count title. Shunning Immodest Cake Decorations, perhaps? @happy atheist

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It also begs the question - where did the girls get that dreadfully defrauding cake topper in the first place?  Why did John allow it in the house?

Part of me hopes that John has caused yet another supporter to take umbrage and drop him.  Part of me feels sad that the leg-humpers won't be sending any more princess toys in the children's care packages in the future.  Poor kids.

I guess he either didn't pick it -- i.e., care package? Or he got it from a store and maybe there wasn't much selection (or selection that was white... I doubt John would put a black princess on his daughter's cake.) But since he is worried about it being defrauding, I don't understand why it was bought at all. I'm sure they could have thought of something else? Or maybe John bought it so he could decry it. 

This also reminds me of when my mom made me a cake where the cake was the doll's skirt. Does anyone else remember those? You put all the icing up around the Barbie's chest for her bodice. 

18 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Also, I kind of feel like this incident needs a post count title. Shunning Immodest Cake Decorations, perhaps? @happy atheist

I was going to suggest something like that.  Hussie Cake Topper?  Abomination Cake Decoration?  Turned on By Cake Toppers?

Doll Defrauds Daddy.  Wanna bet he had second helpings on the cake, though?

My guess is that the toy came in a care box or was a toy they had brought with them. John probably didn't pay much attention to it because it didn't involve him. He might have not even noticed it until after he snapped some pictures to put on FB and then, since every moment can be turned into an All About John moment, he decided to point out how HE realized that the toy was immodest. He has to use any and every opportunity to brag about how godly he is. 

This thread, the Raquel thread, and the thread about the guy who used mission work to gain easy access to children makes it so clear that mission work needs to be heavily regulated. No going on deputation hopping around from church to church getting them to fund the trip after only knowing you for a couple of hours. No raising money and getting to hop down to an orphanage for a glorified vacation. 

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I was going to suggest something like that.  Hussie Cake Topper?  Abomination Cake Decoration?  Turned on By Cake Toppers?

Doll Defrauds Daddy.  Wanna bet he had second helpings on the cake, though?

Second helpings for sure--he wanted to peek under her dress---

3 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Also, meant to say earlier, I wonder where Sarah fell in the Shrader sibling range? Rick and John both have been quick to praise her as being a godly wife and mother, but was she really as fundie as they are or was she more like her other brothers?

Knowing how angry and resentful at least one of John's brothers is, I think about Sarah in relation to all the donations that came John's way because she supposedly cared so much about his mission. Misrepresenting the beliefs of a person who's died is one of the most disrespectful things you can do; it's like you're erasing who they really were and re-making them as who you wanted them to be, and they can't correct you. Compounding that by taking money from the gullible folk under false pretenses is just the icing on the cake (topper). 

Sarah wasnt fundie, more conservative Christian, and I clearly remember John saying some things about his sister being "fallen away" or backslidden or something like that *before* she got cancer - but john apparently has just enough social awareness to realize that its taboo to speak ill about cancer patients - and then all he ever did was praise his sweet sister to the skies - probably just wanted in on some of that offering after her death. :my_angry:

Edited to add I'm pretty sure she was the eldest but I may be mistaken. 

Here we have another look at John's impeccable social skills. Could he be any more condescending?!?! 

PhotoGrid_1465247980219.jpg

Wow. You know, I usually cut people a lot of slack with tone on the internet, but I have absolutely no faith that he isn't trying to be a condescending twat.

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How long can IFB churches keep turning a blind eye to his awful behavior and continue to support his horrific behavior? How far will he have to do before Daddy can't convince people to keep supporting the world's worst missionary? 

I know this is a rhetorical question - but I also ask it.  It boggles my mind.

I'll also ask:  How far will John have to go before Daddy's own precious church members pick up their toys and leave because they realize how far Daddy has duped them into supporting the remittance man.

2 hours ago, clearingthingsup said:

john apparently has just enough social awareness to realize that its taboo to speak ill about cancer patients - and then all he ever did was praise his sweet sister to the skies - probably just wanted in on some of that offering after her death:my_angry:

The bolded is true, IMO.  John exploited his sister's death for all he was worth.  

And so did Daddy to support John.  The golden child and the only one not to rebel apparently.

The utter indifference they both displayed to Sarah's husband and child still gives me the cold chills.  I hope Sarah's husband has good supports elsewhere and I hope that little girl has other, better, grandparents.

22 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The utter indifference they both displayed to Sarah's husband and child still gives me the cold chills.

Sarah had a husband?...a child!?  
I admit I'm a little late to the game on John (maybe a year ago I started following him).  I've gone back through old threads when Sarah was ill and dying and was shocked to see it mentioned, ON FJ, that there was a husband and child because you'd never know it by the links to FB posts from John and Rick.  I'm still left with a lot of questions...like WHY?  What did Sarah's husband do to John and Rick or Sarah?  Why the indifference and not so much as a mention?  These are supposed to be GODLY men!

11 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Sarah had a husband?...a child!?  
I admit I'm a little late to the game on John (maybe a year ago I started following him).  I've gone back through old threads when Sarah was ill and dying and was shocked to see it mentioned, ON FJ, that there was a husband and child because you'd never know it by the links to FB posts from John and Rick.  I'm still left with a lot of questions...like WHY?  What did Sarah's husband do to John and Rick or Sarah?  Why the indifference and not so much as a mention?  These are supposed to be GODLY men!

Im pretty sure John and Rick never mentioned Sarah's husband because (gasp) he was a CATHOLIC when they got married. Julia is actually mentioned pretty often by Rick on his fb page, but the husband - not ever. 

Just came across this photo again and thought I'd share for those who may have missed it.  Sing along:  :music-listening:  "One of these things is not like the others.  One of these things just doesn't belong.."  John & his brothers

He looks more like their father than their brother.  Hate is so aging.

Whoah. Boy did John get shafted in the genes department. His brothers are all very handsome. Him... not so much.

1 hour ago, clearingthingsup said:

Im pretty sure John and Rick never mentioned Sarah's husband because (gasp) he was a CATHOLIC when they got married. Julia is actually mentioned pretty often by Rick on his fb page, but the husband - not ever. 

Julia is mentioned occasionally - but her future needs are not important.  Nor are her father's.  Per Rick.  

Rick asked for funds in memory of Sarah from the leg-humpers to support JOHN.  Do we have any independent verification of that (supposed)  wish of Sarah's from someone like - her HUSBAND! 

Color me suspicious.

Damn, the pure evil in his heart caused his face to melt. Just like Emperor Palpatine. He bears zero resemblance to his brothers, which is a shame, since those boys are FIIIIINE.

Funny you should wonder how long churches will support John. He noted on Facebook that a church just ended their support with "the craziest non-Biblical excuse." This nugget is tucked into his great news about their tracts being translated.

I can't figure out how to copy and paste with this device, but I'm sure someone else will.

I wonder what that crazy non-biblical issue would be?  Defrauding birthday cake decorations?  Purchasing a plane that doesn't work (sight unseen) for $15,000 with someone else's money?  Increasing the population of Kafue one baby at a time?  Using mission donations to purchase essential oils instead of seeking medical treatment?

Not being condescending enough? 

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I wonder what that crazy non-biblical issue would be?  Defrauding birthday cake decorations?  Purchasing a plane that doesn't work (sight unseen) for $15,000 with someone else's money?  Increasing the population of Kafue one baby at a time?  Using mission donations to purchase essential oils instead of seeking medical treatment?

Not being condescending enough? 

Stealing the neighbors water business right out from under his nose?

Outlandish fake Zambian accent?

Being extremely arrogant and condescending toward the local people?

Ignoring his wife and asking for prayer for himself while she was in labor?

Not knowing the language (not even a little) after nearly 2 whole YEARS on the field?

Calling your kids born in Zambia "African Americans"? 

Wearing over-the-top cultural-style garments even when the people of Zambia dress Western ALL the time?

Using your sisters death to garner funds for your " mission"? 

Blocking people on Facebook and deleting comments when they disagree with you?

Acting overall like a spoiled brat when you don't get your way?

Blaming the devil for your incompetency and laziness?

Making mountains out of molehills?

Lying?

What is it, John? Enquiring minds need to know!!!!!!elev!enty!!!!

I love musicals. Grew up with them. My first show was either Cabaret or Guys and Dolls. I don't recall. I was 7. At most.

One of my favorites is of course The Book of Mormon. Most of the songs apply to our snark targets. Elder Cunningham's attempt at a greeting, "WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHANGE RELIGIONS I HAVE A FREE BOOK WRITTEN BY JESUS!?!?!!" makes me think Rodriguii for some reason.

Two songs in particular remind me of dearly beloved John. You don't even have to change the lyrics much. "Me and You (But Mostly Me)," is obviously a duet between him and Rea, and "I Am Africa" sums up his attitude. [lyrics to both under spoiler]

Spoiler

You and Me (But Mostly Me)

ELDER PRICE:
I've always had the hope
That on the day I go to heaven,
Heavenly Father will shake my hand and say:
"You've done an AWESOME  job, Kevin!"
Now it's our time to go out...

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
My best friend...

ELDER PRICE:
And set the world's people free!
And we can do it together,
You and me-
But mostly me!
You and me, but mostly me,
Are gonna change the world forever.
Cause I can do most anything!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
And I can stand next to you and WATCH!

ELDER PRICE:
Every hero needs a sidekick!
Every captain needs a mate!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
Aye aye!

ELDER PRICE:
Every dinner needs a side dish-

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
On a slightly smaller plate!

BOTH:
And now we're seeing eye to eye,
It's so great we can agree!
That Heavenly Father has chosen
You and me-

ELDER PRICE:
Just mostly me!
Something incredible...
I'll do something incredible!
I want to be the Mormon..
That changed all of mankind...

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
My best friend...

ELDER PRICE:
I'm something I've foreseen...
Now that I'm nineteen,
I'll do something incredible,
That blows God's freaking mind!

BOTH:
And as long as we stick together!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
-And I stay out of your way!

ELDER PRICE:
Out of my way!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
We can change the world-

BOTH:
FOREVER!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
And make tomorrow a latter day!

ELDER PRICE:
Mostly me!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
So quit singing about it-

BOTH:
-And do it!
How ready and psyched are we?!
Life is about to change for you,
And life is about to change for me,
And life is about to change for you and me,

ELDER PRICE:
But me, mostly!
And there's no limit to
What we can do.
Me... and you.
But mostly-
ME!

I Am Africa

ELDER MCKINLEY:
I am Africa...
I am Africa.
With the strength of the cheetah,
My native voice will ring...

ELDERS:
We are Africa!
We are the heartbeat of Africa!

ELDER SCHRADER:
With the rhino-

ELDER THOMAS:
The meerkat-

ELDER CHURCH:
The noble lion king-

ELDERS:
We are Africa!

We are the winds of the Serentgeti,
We are the sweat of the jungle man,
We are the tears of Nelson Mandela,
We are the lost boy of the Sudan.

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
I am Africa!
Just like Bono!  I am Africa!
I flew in here, and became one with
This land!

ELDERS:
Ha na heya!  Za ba neyba!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
I'm not a follower anymore,
No, now I'm frickin' Africa!
With my Zulu spear,
I run barefoot through the sand!
I am Africa!

ELDERS:
Ha na heya za ba ney...

We are Africa
We are the, the only Africa
(The one and only Africa)
And the life we live is primitive
And proud!

(Let us smile and laughrica!)

We are Africa!
We are the deepest, darkest Africa!
(So deep and dark Africa)
We are the fields and fertile forests,
Well endowed!
We are Africa!

ELDER MCKINLEY:
We are the sunrise on the Savannah...

ELDER ZELDER:
A monkey with a banana...

ELDER CHURCH:
A tribal woman who doesn't wear a bra....

ELDERS:
Ahhhhh
Africans are African,
But we are A-
Frica!

Now the Zambians just need to lead him in a rousing chorus of "Hasa Diga Eebowai." Or perhaps take a cue from "Baptize Me" and thank him for getting them wet with salvation.

[Hasa Diga Eebowai" lyrics under spoiler]

Spoiler

MAFALA:
In this part of Africa, we ALL have a saying- whenever something bad happens,
we just throw our hands up to the sky and say 'Hasa Diga Eebowai!'

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
Hasa Diga Eebowai?

MAFALA:
It's the only way to get through all these troubled times. 
There's war, poverty, famine... but having a saying makes it all seem better!

There isn't enough food to eat!
Hasa Diga Eebowai!
People are starving in the street!

UGANDANS and MAFALA:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!
Hasa Diga Eebowai!
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

ELDER PRICE:
Well, that's pretty neat!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
Does it mean no worries for the rest of our days?

MAFALA:
Kind of...

We've had no rain in several days

UGANDANS:
Hasa DIga Eebowai!

MAFALA:
And 80% of us have AIDS

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

MAFALA:
Many young girls here get
Circumcised,
Their clits get cut right off.

ALL:
Way oh!

WOMEN:
And so we say up to the sky-

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

MAFALA:
Now you try!  Just stand up tall, tilt your head to the sky,
and list off all the bad things in your life!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
Somebody took our luggage away

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

ELDER PRICE:
The plane was crowded,
And the bus was late

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

MAFALA:
When the world is getting you down,
There's nobody else to blame

UGANDANS:
Way oh!

MAFALA:
Raise your middle finger to the sky,
And curse his rotten name!

ELDER PRICE:
Wait, what?!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

ELDER CUNNINGHAM:
Am I saying it right?

ELDER PRICE:
Excuse me sir, but what EXACTLY does that phrase mean?

MAFALA:
Well, let's see... "Eebowai" means "God". 
And "Hasa Diga" means... "Fuck You". 
So I guess in English it would be "Fuck you, God!"

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

ELDER PRICE:
WHAT?!

MAFALA:
When God fucks you in the butt-

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

MAFALA:
Fuck him right back in his cunt!

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

Hasa Diga Eebowai!
Hasa Diga Eebowai!
Fuck you, God!

ELDER PRICE:
Excuse me, Sir, but you should really NOT be saying that. 
Things aren't always as bad as they seem!

MAFALA:
Oh really?  Well take this fucking asshole, Mutumbo. 
He got caught last week trying to rape a baby.

ELDER PRICE:
What?!  Why?!

MAFALA:
Some people in his tribe believe having sex with a virgin will cure their AIDS. 
There aren't many virgins left, so some of them are turning to babies.

ELDER PRICE:
But... that's horrible!

MAFALA:
I know!

UGANDANS:
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

MAFALA:
Here's the butcher, he has AIDS.
Here's the teacher, she has AIDS.
Here's the doctor, he has AIDS.
Here's my daughter, she has A....
Wonderful disposition.
She's all I have left in the world.
And if either of you lays a hand on her...
I will give you my AIDS!

UGANDANS:
If you don't like what we say,
Try living here a couple days!
Watch all your friends and family die!
Hasa Diga Eebowai!
(Fuck you!)
Hasa Diga Eebowai!

Fuck you God in the ass, mouth,
And cunt-a
Fuck you God in the ass, mouth,
And cunt-a
Fuck you God in the ass, mouth
And cunt-a
Fuck you in the eye!

Hasa-
Diga Eebowai!
Hasa-
Fuck you in the other eye!

Fuck you!
Fuck you God!
Fuck you!
Fuck you God!
Fuck you!
Fuck you God!

Hasa Diga!
Fuck you God!
In the cunt!

Alas, I doubt John will do like Elders Price and Cunningham, and will continue acting the same way.

7 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Just came across this photo again and thought I'd share for those who may have missed it.  Sing along:  :music-listening:  "One of these things is not like the others.  One of these things just doesn't belong.."  John & his brothers

He looks like their dad, not their brother!

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Until I read this comment I actually thought John was the dad in the picture, because I misread where it said "John & his brothers" but noticed it was posted by Rick, so I assumed the old guy was Rick and it was a very old picture and one of the guys was a much younger John. I couldn't figure out what the "one of these things is not like the others" comment meant.

9 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Messed up the quote button somehow.

I just wanted to say that John really is the runt of the litter.

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until it gets so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it." -Roald Dahl

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I know this is a rhetorical question - but I also ask it.  It boggles my mind.

I'll also ask:  How far will John have to go before Daddy's own precious church members pick up their toys and leave because they realize how far Daddy has duped them into supporting the remittance man.

It is interesting to watch how much fundies will overlook when it comes to people who know how to say all the right things and hit all the correct Jesus points. At some point John is going to have to go too far and they have to realize that they have been had by two con men. One thing that is obvious from how they exploited Sarah's death is that there is no low too low for John and his father. 

But what is going to happen when the support drops too low to keep John there? John is going to have to be drug out of Zambia kicking and screaming. No way he is giving up his lifestyle easily. Just money wise it will probable cost a lot to get him, all those kids and all that stuff out of Zambia. Who pays for that with failed missionaries in IFB churches? And what is a failed missionary with a lot of kids going to do to make a living?  John truly is a remittance man and he and Daddy Shrader are going to have a heck of a lot harder of a time conning folks if John gets sent back to America.

You can see kindness in the faces of John's siblings, that is something missing from John's face. He exudes smug arrogance. John is a bad person, and it shows on his face. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived