IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

13 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I find it funny how Robyn needs help raising her kids. Her niece has lived with her for years. What's the point in a plural marriage if you need outside help? Isn't the whole point of having sisterwives is that all the kids are raised by all of the women. And 2 of those sisterwives(Meri and Jenelle) have kids old enough to take care of themselves. Christine still has Truly but the kid is also 7 and she has gramma around all the time. Just shows how failed their whole polygamy scheme is.

They've been a homogenous polygamist family when the older kids were little. Even Logan was born after Kody married Christine. The older ones grew up in the sister wife symbiosis. Once Robyn entered the picture the whole dynamics shifted and even gridlocked patterns started changing. I used to think that Robyn's marrying into the family destroyed their family, watching the show nowadays I think it actually did them some good. Hidden jealousies and crammed down conflicts came to the surface. I don't even think that Robyn is that awful a person. She's a drama queen, yes, but the honeymoon stage with Kody has ebbed since and I feel like having her in the family, plus the move to Vegas, the two years apart from each other and now the separate houses have enabled the other wives to become more independent and self-confident (especially Christine!). Maybe now they all have a chance to sort their crap out, find new dynamics and actually enjoy being together and having each other. We don't KNOW the true reason to why Robyn's niece is living with her. For instance, it could be that her niece wanted to be away from home badly and moving in with Robyn seemed like the only option at the time. They don't owe us an explanation. If their family works that way then it's their business, not mine. I just enjoy watching their trainwreck on TV.

Btw, Yes, Kodouche is actually an attentive and involved Dad. He's been frequently shown and praised by his wives for being very attentive and present during all stages of labor and birth of his kids. After all, I think Kody really wanted and wholeheartedly loves each and every one of his 18 kids.

ETA: It's nice to see Christine and Robyn getting along better. I think Christine is a gal you really could have a lot of fun with, someone who'd take your friendship seriously. Her jealousy towards Robyn ebbed down and with Meri and Janelle sorting their own crap, it seems logical that Robyn and Christine would grow closer. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2016 at 6:45 PM, FundieFarmer said:

I think the sign says, "If we are in complete control of our family, somewhere along the line we have gone terribly wrong..."

Uh.

Put penguins on it and send it to the Arndt family.

Aria does resemble the Browns, mainly Truely.  She's a big baby.  I do appreciate Kody being so present at the birth, at the others I've seen on the show as well.  I thought he did online marketing?  Does Janelle still have her company or just strictly  real estate?

Did anyone else catch the new Sister Wives teaser on TLC today?  

It features Meri being dramatic (surprise!) ... calling the family over to her house without a reason ... amid wild speculation that she may be leaving the family.

Kody mentions (only saw this part once) that "Meri calls the family over periodically without saying why."  He is SO over the Meri-melodrama.  The clip shows a gobsmacked Christine.

i'm sure it's the usual TLC Much Ado About Nothing.

19 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Did anyone else catch the new Sister Wives teaser on TLC today?  

It features Meri being dramatic (surprise!) ... calling the family over to her house without a reason ... amid wild speculation that she may be leaving the family.

Kody mentions (only saw this part once) that "Meri calls the family over periodically without saying why."  He is SO over the Meri-melodrama.  The clip shows a gobsmacked Christine.

i'm sure it's the usual TLC Much Ado About Nothing.

I mean, we saw how much they milked the most recent birth episode, frequently alluding to "resuscitation" when it wasn't an emergency at all. Sometimes, Sister Wives is just too dramatic a show. Always has been.

Uploading an image to my post. It's a screenshot of BatDork's current website, which features some of "Sam's" most recent tweets. When I go to the Twitter account, the tweets are protected for followers only, so I can't see it there. I share it because, apparently, it's a picture of "Sam" and "Lindsay" on Skype.

sam.png

Watching this episode, I had a thought:

Has anyone seen Dayton?  

I haven't seen him at all this season, even in the background group shots.  I also wasn't aware Robyn had an extra bedroom.

Did Dayton move out and Aspyn get his room?

37 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Has anyone seen Dayton?  

I haven't seen him at all this season, even in the background group shots.  I also wasn't aware Robyn had an extra bedroom.

I'm not watching this season, but as I recall, Dayton doesn't like to be on camera. The adoption storyline was the first time we'd seen him in a while outside of group shots.

Maybe he's staying at another mother's house? I don't remember who he had close relationships with. I know he's on the spectrum and had a lot of trouble adjusting initially.

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Has anyone seen Dayton?  

53 minutes ago, withaj said:

I'm not watching this season, but as I recall, Dayton doesn't like to be on camera. The adoption storyline was the first time we'd seen him in a while outside of group shots.

Maybe he's staying at another mother's house? I don't remember who he had close relationships with. I know he's on the spectrum and had a lot of trouble adjusting initially.

Dayton was at the house when Robyn was giving birth. Aspyn went into his room and gave him an update. He was on the couch giving a TH with Aspyn, Breanna, Aurora, and Solomon, and another without Solomon. They were talking to all the Brown kids that live with Robyn, not just her biological kids, about the baby.

I thought it was interesting when they were talking about Logan and his girlfriend, and their plan to share a two bedroom apartment if the three of them all go to the same PA school. Janelle said that's not their morality, but she accepts that the kids are going to make their own choices.

They definitely seem way more accepting of their kids making different choices than my parents are. My parents really freaked out at the idea of my brother sharing a room with his girlfriend (just the idea--they don't live together yet) and it definitely hurt the relationship between my brother and my parents a lot, which was frustrating for me to watch when, in my eyes, it was a such a minor thing and my brother wasn't doing anything wrong.

That's one thing I have always appreciated about the Brown family--they allow their children to be different from them. The kids can even talk on tv about how they disagree with their parents' religion. That's something that you really wouldn't see in any of the other fundie families that we follow.

That is why they largely get a pass from me on their life choices. They have made their decisions, for better or worse, but they don't force their choices on their kids. In my mind, that's the basis of good parenting. No matter the circumstances of the parents' life, the kids are able to make their own life choices. That's how my parents raised me. They don't always agree, but once they've voiced that, it's over as far as approval and relationships go.

I just re-watched the birth episode for Ba-beeee Seeee-ster.  And the dramatic naming ceremony for Areola.

There was seriously less fanfare with the presentation of Simba in The Lion King !!

.....and no big surprise that Sobyn continues the drama about not going on vacation.  I took a 4 month old from CA to the Caribbean, no issue.  She needs to relax.  She's had like.... 6 kids now?

May I state for the record -- just how much sympathy I have for Janelle, trying to do couples counseling with 
Sister-Bitch Meri?   Egads.

Could Meri be more condescending toward Janelle?  I think not.

Why can't Meri and Janelle just accept that they have vastly different personalities and if not for being married to the same dude they would have nothing to do with each other? We are not all compatible, and that's ok.  Especially now that their kids are grown, it has been twenty five years for heaven's sake! They are just realizing that they have very different communication styles?

And why do they go on vacation so much? What are they vacating from? Those TLC bucks must really be flowing! 

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

And why do they go on vacation so much? What are they vacating from? Those TLC bucks must really be flowing! 

27 people on a Hawaiian vacation for a week.... ?!?!?   $$$$    umm... we are just two people and our trip was about $3500, for meals, air, condo, car, shopping.... Perhaps they are rowing boats over, and staying in a hostel and/or camping on the beach.  Snort.

6 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

27 people on a Hawaiian vacation for a week.... ?!?!?   $$$$    umm... we are just two people and our trip was about $3500, for meals, air, condo, car, shopping.... Perhaps they are rowing boats over, and staying in a hostel and/or camping on the beach.  Snort.

Hey, I'm all for people spending money they have earned on things they enjoy but I asked myself the same thing....that many people?? Don't they always talk about how tight money is, etc? Am I making this up?

Also, every recent episode Kody or one of the wives mentioned that "this was truly seriously for real the very last time the whole family would be together in one place" (and I'm pretty sure Sobbyn sprinkled in some random tears here and there every time it was said). Also thought it was funny/interesting/sad that it was mentioned that the older kids wouldn't have gone on a family vacation had it not been Hawaii...

*takes off snark hat*

More TLC fake drama for the reveal of the paintings. Boring as fuck. At least they're off to Hawaii and they can be dysfunctional in a new environment next week.

I think therapy could be beneficial for Meri and Janelle if they weren't doing it on camera. They could maybe learn ways to better communicate with one another instead of how they tried to do the Thanksgiving project together. I'm no therapist, but I think the Thanksgiving project could have gone a lot better if they had actually planned out with the help of their therapist steps they would take to accomplish it. On this day, we're going to look at pictures (like Janelle thought they would). On this day, we're going to present mock ups (like Meri had when Janelle walked in).

This Kody clip show is also very boring, and I'm probably going to delete this recording to free up some DVR space early.

I just do not understand their lifestyle. Creepy. They are nice enough individually, and the kids are lovely. But. Creepy. IMHO. 

So I have a huge love affair for 4 Weddings - I was watching an episode that recorded early this AM at lunch, and it had one of Christine's daughter's (I have no idea which one is which) telling her that her boyfriend of 4 months wants to talk to Kody about marriage...

More fake drama? 

10 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

So I have a huge love affair for 4 Weddings - I was watching an episode that recorded early this AM at lunch, and it had one of Christine's daughter's (I have no idea which one is which) telling her that her boyfriend of 4 months wants to talk to Kody about marriage...

More fake drama? 

Well, I think if your daughter wants to marry someone she has dated for five months that seems like drama, lol. I don't know which daughter that was, I get them mixed up, or then how old she is. I have only sons, but wanting to marry someone they have known for five months wouldn't thrill me, but, what can you do except try to discuss perhaps waiting awhile. But I am old and, really, what do I know my children would say!! Ha ha

1 hour ago, devoe364 said:

More fake drama? 

Oh, was it Mykelti? I think that's what they were alluding to during the preview for next week, in between last night's episode and the Kody behind the scenes spectacular borefest. Christine was talking about how she wasn't looking for a cold hard reality check but Christine had nothing more to say other than cold hard reality.

21 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Oh, was it Mykelti? I think that's what they were alluding to during the preview for next week, in between last night's episode and the Kody behind the scenes spectacular borefest. Christine was talking about how she wasn't looking for a cold hard reality check but Christine had nothing more to say other than cold hard reality.

That's which one it was! I thought it was one of the weird Mormon named ones. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived