IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

During the gathering when Meri was handing out the paintings (so happy the storyline of the paintings is finally over!) ... Mariah didn't respond how Meri would have liked her to. How dare Mariah sit there and text on her phone, while Meri hoped she would be touched deeply! 

Seriously what is wrong with Meri? What did she want Mariah to do? Break down in tears?! 

Way to go girl, you keep texting on your phone while your mom is craving for attention, let the other adults deal with it! 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

There's some info on Maddie's wedding here:

http://politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/tagged/Maddie-Brown

That cake is fucking insane. Who wants a cake in the shape of an elk?!

16 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I agree that it's normal and mature for Michelle...what did creep me out a little was the adults being all, 'why don't they just get married?' in last week's episode. They got married young and quickly and it clearly doesn't always work out!

And still, they are so young and haven't been together all that long. They seem great together, I just hope they're making a good decision if they do get engaged. I didn't live with my husband before we were married, but we were not super young. I wondered with Maddie if part of the marriage decision was wanting to assert her independence away from polygamy.

It's so weird. I think, with the divorce rate being what it is these days - and with how the economy is - why would they encourage such young kids to get married?

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Steel Magnolias anyone?  I wouldn't want it, but it was rather an impressive cake. 

I found the choice of dress for the mothers interesting to say the least.

15 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

@GreyhoundFan 

Funny how to this day, nobody on here has ever mentioned my username/the Star Trek reference and you are the second person today to compliment me on my username :) so thank you! Makes me happy to see others enjoy some of the same off topic things I do :) also OT but just looking at your username, are you a transit or dog fan? one of my buddies is a transit geek and that was so weird to me when I first met him but now I'm used to him drooling over and taking pictures of buses when we're out and about...guess we all have our "thing" haha

and back to the topic: yeah, I just...I'm a social person but at the same time I don't like small talk. So I keep my friends circle pretty small because I just feel like it wouldn't be fair to spread myself super thin and not spend quality time with people. And that's just with friends. When I'm with someone  I want to want to spend time with them but for K-douche it seems more like a chore. (I remember him packing his bags and moving from house to house every few days...instead of just having a little bit of his sh!t in each house. Like come on, dude. Not that difficult). 

While transportation is cool, I'm more of a fan of the canine version of Greyhounds. My transit love is the "real" VW Beetle. Not the stupid "new" Beetle, which was just another car. I had a 1972 Beetle and still hate that I had to give it up. I'm glad you're getting some love for your username!

Back on topic, I used to yell at the screen at K-douche, asking why he didn't just keep stuff at each house. What a ding-a-ling.

34 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

While transportation is cool, I'm more of a fan of the canine version of Greyhounds. My transit love is the "real" VW Beetle. Not the stupid "new" Beetle, which was just another car. I had a 1972 Beetle and still hate that I had to give it up. I'm glad you're getting some love for your username!

Back on topic, I used to yell at the screen at K-douche, asking why he didn't just keep stuff at each house. What a ding-a-ling.

haha nice! greyhounds are one of those breeds I tend to forget exist. They are fascinating though. Oh and yeah the original beetles are great. The newer versions....not so much. 

Oh, Kody. He's also one of those parents who always wants a cookie for something he's supposed to do. Like when his wives say "Kody is a family man." uh, you created a (huge) family, bro. You better be a family man. It's like in real life when I hear people say "I picked up my kid from school today. Yeah, uh,..I do that a lot." As you should! That's your kid! Somebody has to pick him/her up. Often times that happens to be a parent (if not a sibling, other family member, guardian, etc of course). Or "I did my homework today!" you're a student! you have one job as a student. (maybe two if you include writing tests but ya know)....humans are so weird. 

Meri's like a small child:  she wants to give everyone unimpressive art work and have it make everything OK.

THAT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU ARE OVER 10 YEARS OLD, MERI!

27 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Meri's like a small child:  she wants to give everyone unimpressive art work and have it make everything OK.

THAT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU ARE OVER 10 YEARS OLD, MERI!

I was impressed, but more because I can barely manage to draw stick figures. My talents lie faaaar from arts and crafts, so I'm always amazed at what people can do with paint. But I definitely agree that she was under some sort of impression that she would make amends - or begin to - by giving out these paintings. Especially with Mariah. Like, what did she honestly expect Mariah to do?

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Steel Magnolias anyone?  I wouldn't want it, but it was rather an impressive cake. 

I found the choice of dress for the mothers interesting to say the least.

The bleeding armadillo cake is classic.

The picture on the Tumblr doesn't really show the dresses well. Do you have a link to where I could find that scan? I tried to find it from Maddie's twitter account, but I just found out she blocked me! Probably because I commented on how disgusting her comments about rape in the military and "what do you expect when you place men and women together?" were. Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut. Oh well.

grabbed a few things from walmart yesterday and saw a magazine with K-douche and his women folk on the cover. something about how all four walk out after K-douche picks a 5th wife....I'm assuming by "walk out" they mean all leaving the room laughing their butts off.

4 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

grabbed a few things from walmart yesterday and saw a magazine with K-douche and his women folk on the cover. something about how all four walk out after K-douche picks a 5th wife....I'm assuming by "walk out" they mean all leaving the room laughing their butts off.

They've been saying for months that a few of the wives are walking out. Meri, Christine, and Janelle was the last group I saw. Now Robyn is allegedly leaving, too? :laughing-jumpingpurple: Nice try, tabloids.

On 6/15/2016 at 0:52 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

I would for one.  But I am the one that had my wedding ceremony in Rocky Mountain National Park during elk rutting season.  I have tons of wedding pics with Elk standing around in the background looking like statues. It would have been a fitting cake for the reception. However, I never would have been willing to pay how much that beast had to cost no matter how cool it would have been.

6 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

My coworker told me to marry Kody, I laughed and left.  No thanks.  Robyn's reaction to a newfavorite wife #5 would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

My coworker told me to marry Kody, I laughed and left.  No thanks.  Robyn's reaction to a newfavorite wife #5 would be awesome.

I'll definitely watch an episode if Kody goes for a fifth wife. 

3 minutes ago, Manda said:

I'll definitely watch an episode if Kody goes for a fifth wife. 

Would a 5th push Meri or Robyn more off the edge?  Some tabloid said he wanted a wife that was 19-20 to have more kids with.  He's got daughters that age good gosh I hope that's not true.

I think Kody has already given up on Meri so number 5 would likely displace Robyn in my view.  I hope he doesn't keep on procreating, but he doesn't seem to have the sense to know when to quit.

14 hours ago, Manda said:

I think Kody has already given up on Meri so number 5 would likely displace Robyn in my view.  I hope he doesn't keep on procreating, but he doesn't seem to have the sense to know when to quit.

This brings up something I've wondered on and off the more I've been on FJ. My question is aimed more towards the FLDS than the Browns. I'm fairly certain that Mormons don't use birth control, but in the FLDS it seems quite common for a woman to have 10 or more kids. Do they have some sort of Quiverfull mentality? In the eyes of the FLDS, do they have to produce children to build up their own army?

42 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

This brings up something I've wondered on and off the more I've been on FJ. My question is aimed more towards the FLDS than the Browns. I'm fairly certain that Mormons don't use birth control, but in the FLDS it seems quite common for a woman to have 10 or more kids. Do they have some sort of Quiverfull mentality? In the eyes of the FLDS, do they have to produce children to build up their own army?

I believe they think the more children they have here, the more spirit children will inhabit their  planet when they die.

3 minutes ago, manda b said:

I believe they think the more children they have here, the more spirit children will inhabit their  planet when they die.

Makes sense. I forgot about the afterlife bit of Mormonism.

In other, Sister Wives related news... Mykelti is engaged.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/photos/sister-wives-daughter-mykelti-engagement-photos/?mkcpgn=fbtlc27&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SisterWives

27 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I just saw this! Wow, the Browns are all growing up suddenly! I think I remember Mykelti saying once that she didn't want to get married but wanted to adopt kids on her own. I could be making that up. 

Is Mykeltii the one who went to work in the pawn shop with a friend of Kody's? I think she must be. Or I am all mixed up. 

On 6/14/2016 at 11:06 PM, NotALoserLikeYou said:

Can I just put these here, because they're hilarious and applicable 

Wow, I never would have thought that Abraham or Alexandra could be spelled kreatiflee. I guess you learn something new every day.

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Makes sense. I forgot about the afterlife bit of Mormonism.

In other, Sister Wives related news... Mykelti is engaged.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/photos/sister-wives-daughter-mykelti-engagement-photos/?mkcpgn=fbtlc27&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SisterWives

Is it just me, or is that young man high as a kite?  No judgement, you get'cher relaxation on any way that isn't hurting someone else, just curiosity.  

Mykelti looks happy and lovely.  I always did like that kid.  

24 minutes ago, Rubaiyat said:

Is it just me, or is that young man high as a kite?  No judgement, you get'cher relaxation on any way that isn't hurting someone else, just curiosity.  

Maybe he's just high on love! :my_heart::my_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I just saw this! Wow, the Browns are all growing up suddenly! I think I remember Mykelti saying once that she didn't want to get married but wanted to adopt kids on her own. I could be making that up. 

I don't really remember this, but I could see how Mykelti might have said that at one point. She was also in a relationship in high school, though, so she may just have had an ever-changing vision of her future, as many teens have.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Is Mykeltii the one who went to work in the pawn shop with a friend of Kody's? I think she must be. Or I am all mixed up. 

That's her. I think she's going to talk to Christine about engagement during this week's episode.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yep that's her, she went to college but left after a year.  She's been in the pawn shop a year maybe if she's still there.  She looks happy and so does he so good luck to them both.  She was always the creative fashion designer so I can't wait to see her dress and bridesmaids dresses

19 hours ago, Rubaiyat said:

That was my first thought! He looks so high. There's no way that's his regular look lol

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived