IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

After looking at the pictures I had to use google-fu to get the names and pictures of all the kids because that is not who I thought Mykelti was... I was thinking of Madison.

Also, was watching SYTTD and saw a preview where Christine and Mykeli were talking about Mykeli getting married. Christine was a deer in headlights!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah wonder what the official family position will be on this one. I get the feeling they aren't too thrilled with it. Wonder if he has any Mormon background or what his story is. Anyone done any sluething? 

I always liked Mykelti, she's kind of weird in a cool way. I do find her a bit immature and whimsical at times. I actually think she's a lot like Christine, 

Wowza. The egotistical Kdouche is certainly out doing himself in asshole-ery.  He's the Pissy Polygamist. 

Although the whole fam damily is in Hawaii, tonight's episode is still boring as hell.  *yawn*  And confusing. Why in the world does Kdouche think following kosher dietary laws will bring him closer to Jesus?  Wrong church, you idiot. Plus imposing those ideas on the family makes no sense.

Since I'm already in a piss-poor mood (in lots of pain + tired of pre-wedding crap from people not the bride & groom), a humorous diversion would be greatly appreciated!

So, which new-to-me fundie idiot family's rabbit hole should I investigate next?
S'Mortons?
any other suggestions?

And if you could send a link to get me started, I'd be grateful.  :lost:

3 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Although the whole fam damily is in Hawaii, tonight's episode is still boring as hell.  *yawn*

Yeah, we are about ready for the season finale.... the only question for me tonight was "Why are you marrying someone you have known 5 months?!?!?!"  I think Christine showed great restraint in her response (could be b/c cameras were rolling) ... I know I would not have had the same conversation...

The Janelle/Meri eyebrow thing was funny. Not the joke itself - if I was Mariah, I probably would have walked past and ignored them, too, but then found it funny and laughed - but the fact that the two were so comfortable together in such a goofy situation. I don't know if we've ever seen Janelle goof around on the show before? At least not on this level.

The whole luau controversy about the pork was just ridiculous. He was being a complete snob about it. It's not a part of your religion, just something you do. Therefore, it's no big deal if the kids decide to eat some pork. Or at least I don't think it is. If they were Jewish, maybe I'd think differently, but people can eat whatever they want. @ChickenettiLuvr got it right - Pissy Polygamist is the perfect name for him after this episode.

I understand where both Mykelti and Christine were coming from. Christine's reaction to Madison's news was completely different, but that could to be for a host of reasons - Madison isn't her biological child, so that may have played a big part in it. But Maddie knew Caleb and was with him for a lot longer than Mykelti has been with Tony. Also, Maddie seemed to have what most parents would be happy about - a vague plan for the future that at least involves college. If Christine was under the impression that Mykelti's move was temporary and if she had hopes for her daughter to come back and go to college, I can see how this all came as a bit of a shock. It seemed like genuine shock, at least to me.

As for Mykelti, I can see how, in her mind, it would be upsetting to be so excited to share this news with your mother, knowing her reaction to your half-sister's news, then to have your mother react the way Christine did.

But, if we have to take sides, I'm Team Christine. Mykelti is two years younger than me, and I can't imagine having gotten married at 19. Hell, I can't imagine getting married now at 21.

I believe in snarking on fundies. It makes each of us feel better.  I think we have something really awesome. I wouldn’t want anything else. I love Sister Wives. We didn’t just want the snark, we wanted to feel better about our own lives. Snark should be multiplied, not divided. 

I made up a new intro throughout the episode. You can sense the level of excitement and suspense. :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

Kody's pork related tantrum was ridiculous. If any of the kids had pulled that shit he'd be pissed.

2 hours ago, CrazyCatLady said:

Kody's pork related tantrum was ridiculous. If any of the kids had pulled that shit he'd be pissed.

I call it S-T-A-G-E-D.

What's it with all those faux-Jewish-faux-Kosher fundies out there? Faux-Faux-Fundies. It should be a post count title. 

BTW, I feel sad and sorry for Mykelti. I think she's a lot more mature than most of her siblings because she for one called their life what it was, sheltered. She has enough self-reflection to see what went wrong, where they're ok and where they're not and what she wants to do with her life and what not. I'm kind of impressed by her strength to do what she thinks is best for herself despite her dad disagreeing and giving speeches on mouth-to-mouth bacteria and her mom alternating between freaking out and throwing a 2-year-old's tantrum. Mykelti is very authentic and real, I don't think she deserves to be called immature. 

I saw a supposed quote from Mykelti on my facebook feed this weekend that said "he completes me in every way." I didn't watch the episode, but just that quote gave me divorced by 25 vibes. And I was divorced at 25 so I'm not making fun of her. I've been there. I wish them the best though, what do I know...

Can someone tell Kody that not eating pork does not mean "kosher?" I'm pretty damn sure we've seen him eat meat with dairy many, many times. 

Kosher_PgRefresh_IsItKosher_Table.jpg

Well, if your daughter is 18 and wants to get married, get married she probably will. After giving the usual advice, best to just go along with it. If it falls apart, you can remain close to the daughter so as to offer assistance, rather than having had a big blowout and then she doesn't have good support.

Aren't I just so very wise.

LOVED "pork related tantrum" and @Pretzel 's wonderful snark ad lib.

We are so clever here. 

I'm Jewish and I don't eat pork. That's a story involving a NYE hangover and 10lbs of bacon cooked in my house with my friends. It's not cuz of any religious reason. I do enjoy a good lobster roll and shrimp/octopus sushi. Anyway, I just find it weird that all these Mormon and Quiverful folk follow faux kosher laws. They'll happily eat a cheese burger but they won't eat pork. My mind doesn't comprehend their pick and choose mentality. I'm very pick and choose but I'm also not Mormon. There's levels of Judaism. I'm more reform, very very modern. Pants are awesome. You know what's even more awesome? Not caring if I'm going to hell for wearing pants or eating a yummy cheeseburger with a side of buffalo cheese tater tots(I had that last night lol). 

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm Jewish and I don't eat pork. That's a story involving a NYE hangover and 10lbs of bacon cooked in my house with my friends. It's not cuz of any religious reason. I do enjoy a good lobster roll and shrimp/octopus sushi. Anyway, I just find it weird that all these Mormon and Quiverful folk follow faux kosher laws. They'll happily eat a cheese burger but they won't eat pork. My mind doesn't comprehend their pick and choose mentality. I'm very pick and choose but I'm also not Mormon. There's levels of Judaism. I'm more reform, very very modern. Pants are awesome. You know what's even more awesome? Not caring if I'm going to hell for wearing pants or eating a yummy cheeseburger with a side of buffalo cheese tater tots(I had that last night lol). 

I don't think the Duggars eat pork, but they follow this rule because Leviticus bans it. Something about the hooves of the feet are the wrong kind and how pigs don't "chew the cud", whatever that means.

4 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I don't think the Duggars eat pork, but they follow this rule because Leviticus bans it. Something about the hooves of the feet are the wrong kind and how pigs don't "chew the cud", whatever that means.

Except they eat pepperoni pizza. I stopped eating pork a couple of years ago, for reasons that were NOT religious. Pepperoni and most sausages contain pork. I would bet that the Duggar's are not eating kosher pepperoni in Arkansas.

6 hours ago, devoe364 said:

Except they eat pepperoni pizza. I stopped eating pork a couple of years ago, for reasons that were NOT religious. Pepperoni and most sausages contain pork. I would bet that the Duggar's are not eating kosher pepperoni in Arkansas.

I remember once they made a big deal to stress that they were eating turkey bacon and the reasons why. They probably have no idea that here's pork in pepperoni - I honestly didn't until your post, either. (I'm not sure what I've thought it was all these years...)

11 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I remember once they made a big deal to stress that they were eating turkey bacon and the reasons why. They probably have no idea that here's pork in pepperoni - I honestly didn't until your post, either. (I'm not sure what I've thought it was all these years...)

When I went pork free it really limited my choice in processed meats. I ate a lot of turkey bacon, turkey sausage, chicken sausage, chicken weiners ect in order to avoid pork. The Duggars just don't seem like the type to read ingredients though... 

13 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

When I went pork free it really limited my choice in processed meats. I ate a lot of turkey bacon, turkey sausage, chicken sausage, chicken weiners ect in order to avoid pork. The Duggars just don't seem like the type to read ingredients though... 

Same here. Even chicken meatballs in restaurants have pork in them. It's crazy when you start discovering what you can't eat. The list gets long.

I do not understand the Christian/Jewish hybrid dietary practices. That doctrinal matter was, after some debate, settled early on, neither circumcision nor keeping kosher is required to follow Jesus. Unless you really just don't like it, not eating pork is just religious pretentiousness. The Duggars do this too, ugh. Cody acting like a bitch about the luau pig was ridiculous.

Cody's reaction to being asked to officiate was weird. As usual, he made it all about him. Sorry abour Caleb's mom though, that was genuinely sad.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:16 AM, Pretzel said:

I believe in snarking on fundies. It makes each of us feel better.  I think we have something really awesome. I wouldn’t want anything else. I love Sister Wives. We didn’t just want the snark, we wanted to feel better about our own lives. Snark should be multiplied, not divided. 

I made up a new intro throughout the episode. You can sense the level of excitement and suspense. :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

Bolded line needs to be made into a post count name (or the new FJ motto, perhaps).  ;)

I thought the heavy eyebrow joke was actually funny. Turkey pepperoni is sold in my local grocery stores, I think it is a brand name like Hormel.

12 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Same here. Even chicken meatballs in restaurants have pork in them. It's crazy when you start discovering what you can't eat. The list gets long.

I discovered/am discovering this when I went vegetarian many moons ago. Things do get crazy when you read the ingredients in things nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Restaurant eating here (in Saskatchewan) was nearly impossible. So many places use flat tops and just throw meat down on the flat top. I didn't eat out much when I wasn't eating pork. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

Can someone tell Kody that not eating pork does not mean "kosher?" I'm pretty damn sure we've seen him eat meat with dairy many, many times. 

Kosher_PgRefresh_IsItKosher_Table.jpg

I don't eat meat anymore, but this is an interesting read. Thanks for sharing this, @SweetFellowshipper.

19 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

Restaurant eating here (in Saskatchewan) was nearly impossible. So many places use flat tops and just throw meat down on the flat top. I didn't eat out much when I wasn't eating pork. 

I'm lucky in that sense. I live in Brooklyn. Most NY restaurants are very accommodating. They will mark stuff on the menu with certain things. Plus with this health craze I can find pork free options everywhere. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived