IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

3 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

More TLC fake drama for the reveal of the paintings. Boring as fuck. At least they're off to Hawaii and they can be dysfunctional in a new environment next week.

I think therapy could be beneficial for Meri and Janelle if they weren't doing it on camera. They could maybe learn ways to better communicate with one another instead of how they tried to do the Thanksgiving project together. I'm no therapist, but I think the Thanksgiving project could have gone a lot better if they had actually planned out with the help of their therapist steps they would take to accomplish it. On this day, we're going to look at pictures (like Janelle thought they would). On this day, we're going to present mock ups (like Meri had when Janelle walked in).

This Kody clip show is also very boring, and I'm probably going to delete this recording to free up some DVR space early.

I think it's quite a stretch to think that since they show some therapy on their show, that that is all the therapy they are getting.  Also, I'm sure they only skim the surface for the show.  While they may be comfortable sharing some things publicly, I'm sure there is a lot they would only discuss when the cameras aren't there.  Obviously the Thanksgiving project could have gone better, but I think you are expecting a bit too much for a first step.  That Janelle stepped out of her comfort zone and asked to do something like that with Meri is a huge first step.  They were able to successfully shop with each other, something they would never do in the past.  They both tried to be more aware of the other's feelings and motivations.  Were they perfect?  No.  But it's crazy to expect something to go 100% smoothly.  It's really the little things that count in therapy.  

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Kody segment was a total bore. His hair! OMG his hair! And he had little extensions in a couple of episodes. Scandal!

I think the Meri/Janelle drama is boring too. I just can't  see how they haven't learned about each other in 20 years. I don't care that much, either. But the teens and adult children are interesting. Not a polygamist in the bunch so far.

The paintings segment was sweet for the ladies, Kody, not so much. That wasn't enough to makeup for the catfish drama as far as he is concerned. His massive ego remains bruised.

On 6/7/2016 at 7:24 AM, gustava said:

Put penguins on it and send it to the Arndt family.

Maybe I'm weird, but...what's wrong with this saying?

What do y'all think about Michelle saying she wants to be engaged before she'll move in with Logan?

3 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

I think it's quite a stretch to think that since they show some therapy on their show, that that is all the therapy they are getting.  Also, I'm sure they only skim the surface for the show.  While they may be comfortable sharing some things publicly, I'm sure there is a lot they would only discuss when the cameras aren't there.  Obviously the Thanksgiving project could have gone better, but I think you are expecting a bit too much for a first step.  That Janelle stepped out of her comfort zone and asked to do something like that with Meri is a huge first step.  They were able to successfully shop with each other, something they would never do in the past.  They both tried to be more aware of the other's feelings and motivations.  Were they perfect?  No.  But it's crazy to expect something to go 100% smoothly.  It's really the little things that count in therapy.  

Oh, I'm sure that they are touching on stuff off-camera that they don't want to share.

I guess my "problem" with the whole on-camera thing is that I more or less question the competency of a therapist that's willing to have sessions broadcast on TV. I believe therapy is an intensely private and personal matter. I'm sure some people don't find it that way, but that's how I view my own sessions. So I just wonder if Nancy prepared them for the ins and outs of this project. I do agree with you that Janelle initiating anything is definitely a great first step, and the shopping trip did go well.

Yeah, Janelle has never struck me as wishy-washy. I believe in her comitting to something like therapy, but also, that she would be tight--lipped as hell about the scenes. She just said as much in the 'all about kody' episode. She's always conscious of being immortalized on film. 

To some degree they all manage a certain degree of self-awareness that makes them so much better than so many other reality families. And the kids so much better. 

Perhaps that very thing we see in her (concern for finances) is why she grits her teeth and deals with television. 

Interesting what they all had to say about Robyn and Kody's wedding. Nice to see how sincere they were all about the adoption.

14 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

What do y'all think about Michelle saying she wants to be engaged before she'll move in with Logan?

There isn't anything wrong with the saying. Meri should follow her own advice, and the Arendts would benefit too!

Yeah, Janelle has never struck me as wishy-washy. I believe in her comitting to something like therapy, but also, that she would be tight--lipped as hell about the scenes. She just said as much in the 'all about kody' episode. She's always conscious of being immortalized on film. 

To some degree they all manage a certain degree of self-awareness that makes them so much better than so many other reality families. And the kids so much better. 

Perhaps that very thing we see in her (concern for finances) is why she grits her teeth and deals with television. 

Interesting what they all had to say about Robyn and Kody's wedding. Nice to see how sincere they were all about the adoption.

I feel for Janelle. Out of all the wives I feel like she's the most aware of the way she is represented, and I feel like she'd make a good friend. I feel bad for her that she's stuck in such an awful marriage. She's such a smart woman, but her religion blinds her.

20 hours ago, devoe364 said:

That's which one it was! I thought it was one of the weird Mormon named ones. 

So, any of Christine's kids? :pb_lol: I think Christine is probably my favorite of the adults on the show, but her naming choices are, well, not exactly my style. Very Mormon, definitely! The rest of the wives all chose pretty normal names for their kids. I don't think I had heard of Garrison (one of Janelle's boys) as a name before, but it sounds like a lot of other popular boys names.

I do like the names Ysabel and Gwendlyn, but I would prefer more traditional spellings.

18 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

So, any of Christine's kids? :pb_lol: I think Christine is probably my favorite of the adults on the show, but her naming choices are, well, not exactly my style. Very Mormon, definitely! The rest of the wives all chose pretty normal names for their kids. I don't think I had heard of Garrison (one of Janelle's boys) as a name before, but it sounds like a lot of other popular boys names.

I do like the names Ysabel and Gwendlyn, but I would prefer more traditional spellings.

Yes, Christine is my fave as well. She also clearly believes in her lifestyle. I had no idea that y's and k's were so Mormon until recently. Then I looked at Kody's kids and it was like, wow. Christine has clearly drank all the koolaid

I can't watch this show. Believe me, I've tried. But I swear he disgusts me so, and the women omfg I just want to slap the brainwash outta them. Seriously. 

54 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't think I had heard of Garrison (one of Janelle's boys) as a name before, but it sounds like a lot of other popular boys names.

The only Garrison I've heard of is Garrison Keillor, the host of A Prairie Home Companion on NPR (he's 73 and retiring next month)

19 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Michelle wanting to be engaged before living together. I personally have no desire to live with someone I am not married to. It's not my thing. Maybe she wants the commitment. Moving to another state because your boyfriend is going to school there is a big deal. I can understand wanting to know where the relationship is actually going before she makes such a commitment. I actually think it shows maturity on her part that she is thinking about the future because it also impacts Michelle starting her own career, especially since she will likely be stuck there for a few years. 

1 hour ago, seattlechic said:

I can't watch this show. Believe me, I've tried. But I swear he disgusts me so, and the women omfg I just want to slap the brainwash outta them. Seriously. 

I remember when this show first came out. I was curious. I had only ever heard negative things about plural marriages and so I was interested to see how that would work because I don't even trust people saying "that movie sucks, dont see it!", I always have to find out for myself because so many movies that I like are generally not liked by a lot of other people haha. Obviously I had no intentions of having 3 wives myself. I think having just one girl is a lot of work for this guy...I mean, just managing my time so my attention is equally divided throughout the day is rough enough...how does a guy do this times 3 or later 4? So I watched it...and I started to think oh, ok, it works for them. The kids don't seem neglected and seem to have healthy attachments to all their parentals. They lived in a that big house still so I was like alright, it's not for me but wimpy Kody seems alright with it so ...cool. The longer you watch the show though the more you realize that in reality things may not be as harmonious as the way they initially portrayed themselves...especially now that the kids are all growing up. I don't know how else to put it but Kody just always seems clueless and wimpy but thinks that he's a man's man because he has 4 wives. It just seems like a complete "male ego-boosting" lifestyle to me...I'm having trouble expressing myself right now but I hope you guys know what I mean.

I think I know what you mean. Mr. D watched a few episodes with me and I think his take away was "One wife nagging is more than enough. Who needs 4?"

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I think in Garrison's case, his given name is Robert and his middle name is Garrison, but he's always gone by his middle name

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with Michelle wanting to be engaged before living together. I personally have no desire to live with someone I am not married to. It's not my thing. Maybe she wants the commitment. Moving to another state because your boyfriend is going to school there is a big deal. I can understand wanting to know where the relationship is actually going before she makes such a commitment. I actually think it shows maturity on her part that she is thinking about the future because it also impacts Michelle starting her own career, especially since she will likely be stuck there for a few years. 

I agree that it's normal and mature for Michelle...what did creep me out a little was the adults being all, 'why don't they just get married?' in last week's episode. They got married young and quickly and it clearly doesn't always work out!

And still, they are so young and haven't been together all that long. They seem great together, I just hope they're making a good decision if they do get engaged. I didn't live with my husband before we were married, but we were not super young. I wondered with Maddie if part of the marriage decision was wanting to assert her independence away from polygamy.

6 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

I remember when this show first came out. I was curious. I had only ever heard negative things about plural marriages and so I was interested to see how that would work because I don't even trust people saying "that movie sucks, dont see it!", I always have to find out for myself because so many movies that I like are generally not liked by a lot of other people haha.

(snip)

The longer you watch the show though the more you realize that in reality things may not be as harmonious as the way they initially portrayed themselves...especially now that the kids are all growing up. I don't know how else to put it but Kody just always seems clueless and wimpy but thinks that he's a man's man because he has 4 wives. It just seems like a complete "male ego-boosting" lifestyle to me...I'm having trouble expressing myself right now but I hope you guys know what I mean.

I first watched the show because I enjoyed Big Love on HBO and thought to myself, "self, this is a way to see real-life Big Love people". I had read that some components of the show were pulled from reality, so it was fascinating.

Personally, I couldn't imagine being in a plural marriage. I am single and can't imagine being married to one person, much less a guy and multiple other women. I value my privacy and space far too much.

K-douche is such a bad actor. His feigned cluelessness makes me ill. I know having multiple women, especially Sobbin, strokes his ego.

OT: I love your username, big Star Trek fan here!

I did not feel an overwhelming sense of 'meant to be' between Michelle and Logan. I admire the girl for having convictions and clearly they've talked about their goals and stuff. But....eh. Big, fat, eh from me. 

@GreyhoundFan 

Funny how to this day, nobody on here has ever mentioned my username/the Star Trek reference and you are the second person today to compliment me on my username :) so thank you! Makes me happy to see others enjoy some of the same off topic things I do :) also OT but just looking at your username, are you a transit or dog fan? one of my buddies is a transit geek and that was so weird to me when I first met him but now I'm used to him drooling over and taking pictures of buses when we're out and about...guess we all have our "thing" haha

and back to the topic: yeah, I just...I'm a social person but at the same time I don't like small talk. So I keep my friends circle pretty small because I just feel like it wouldn't be fair to spread myself super thin and not spend quality time with people. And that's just with friends. When I'm with someone  I want to want to spend time with them but for K-douche it seems more like a chore. (I remember him packing his bags and moving from house to house every few days...instead of just having a little bit of his sh!t in each house. Like come on, dude. Not that difficult). 

I'd venture that practicality is not big among polygamists. ;)

BTW, big TNG fan here too. I'm just terrible about noticing user names unless people anoy me. :P

@daisyd681 Glad to read you're under the command of Captain Picard, as well. :) And I tend to pay attention more to people's location than usernames because people on here tend to be incredibly creative and yours cracks me up. :)

But seriously, they had like 2 or  episodes where they mentioned him being all stressed about having to pack a bag and live out of it and I was just sitting there yellin' at the ol' tube goin' "just freakin leave your stuff in each house!" Gah! Then again...I mean I'm sure he has a good heart and all and is just misguided sometimes...often...a lot. (of course, I don't know the man so Kody, bro, for all I know you're just an awful actor.)

@MakeItSo I :my_heart: your username. Totally assumed you would have gotten instalove for it. I suppose we must make up for that now. 

21 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

@MakeItSo I :my_heart: your username. Totally assumed you would have gotten instalove for it. I suppose we must make up for that now. 

Oh jeez, my roomie just walked in and saw me smile at my laptop screen like an idiot when I read your comment and looked me, shook his head, and left the room again bahahaha I have no idea what he thought was going on (and I'm gonna make up a creative story later :P )
 I'd be lying if I said that I am not enjoying making all these new Star Trek friends on here :). I am dead serious though...all these months of being active on here and nobody ever asked me about how my away mission on Earth has been going... :P I never expected anyone to ever comment though and so I was really surprised to find some like-minded people on here today. It's always good to receive love and it's even better when it's from people who have excellent taste in TV programming.  BTW I think your username is very clever! Well, I better get going. If you need me, I'll be on Holodeck 3.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived