IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

I've been watching the rehash from last week.  And apparently I dozed off the first time, because I don't remember seeing half of this crap!  

Thanks so much, @theinvisiblegirl for the links. Wow.  Waaay more pillow talk from Meri than I was comfortable with. Ick.  Won't even discuss the banana photo.

Yes, Mady looks gorgeous & happy on her wedding day.  I wish them the best -- and a normal, happy marriage.

Kody has already pushed all of my buttons & stepped on every nerve with his incessant attention-whoring.  He's like a former 3rd-grade classmate bossy-pants telling everyone when to breathe, what to say, how to sit, etc. etc.  I think he needs some Midol.  

Oh -- and he did NOT just say that everyone else is being dramatic ...

===

And now I'm officially PISSED.  How in the hell do Kody & the K-Douches all afford "only a week" (thanks, meri) in freakin' HAWAII????

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking around to see if there were pictures of the wedding. I found a twitter account of a friend that went to the wedding and they have a picture posted at the top. Can someone please look at tell me did  Meri loose a ton of weight or is that maybe her sister or a niece? I didn't know if I should post the picture here (didn't want to break a rule), the twitter is @dezireemirage  and I;m referring to the person in between Maddie and Mariah.

Okay I'm watching, shame on me......and Robyn is in labor. Everyone is worried, her mom is praying, and all of this......and some secret problem........and you'd think they were Duggars, why not go to the hospital. So, they are lying about the "danger" or ....what????????

Hi, @silverspoons -- Thanks for the twitter photo tip.  IMHO, I don't think that is Meri.  Looks too young.  But a definite family resemblance.

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Okay I'm watching, shame on me......and Robyn is in labor. Everyone is worried, her mom is praying, and all of this......and some secret problem........and you'd think they were Duggars, why not go to the hospital. So, they are lying about the "danger" or ....what????????

The episode does not air here for another few hours but Robyn has given several weak excuses about home birth. Unless she has said differently tonight , she claims home birth allows allow the wives and half siblings to bond with the baby right away. A hospital would not let so many visitors in (maybe for a reason Robyn?). Kody is not against hospital birth since Christine was shown having Truly in a hospital Christine said she knew Truly could have complications and planned a hospital birth.

Robyn has struggled with big medical bills for David Jr/Dayton so maybe she just doesn't want to pay for a birth. I think she thinks she is still 19 and having a baby at 37? is the same is 19. which it clearly is not for most people.

Just now, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hi, @silverspoons -- Thanks for the twitter photo tip.  IMHO, I don't think that is Meri.  Looks too young.  But a definite family resemblance.

Thanks for looking, I thought it looks like a thinner happier slightly cooler Meri. I wonder who it is?

I'm glad I could help, @ChickenettiLuvr!

For some reason, when I just checked now, the picture wasn't there. Maybe she deleted it? Perhaps there aren't additional pictures because there was some kind of social media ban like at the Duggar girls' weddings? Wouldn't put it past TLC at all since they'll obviously be airing a special on it (unless something happens and the show gets canceled).

It's still showing for me.  The page appears to be public.

So sorry I abandoned everyone during the watching party. :(   But my son called and was a Chatty Cathy, so of course I chose to turn off TV & computer and hang out with him.

I'm re-watching now at one-third in, simply because I missed almost all of the birth, except to hear that poor baby suffered a broken clavicle.

I'll report back if there is is noteworthy snark material.

I looked at the twitter and I don't think that is Meri.  Could be her sister?

Oh the background picture! I thought you meant one from the wedding itself - the one up top looks to be from a shower or other similar type of event. My bad. I'm not sure who it is, but I really don't think it's Meri.

3 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

<snip>
And now I'm officially PISSED.  How in the hell do Kody & the K-Douches all afford "only a week" (thanks, meri) in freakin' HAWAII????

Because it's being featured on the next episode of Sister Wives, so TLC absolutely fronted the bill. If the show sticks around, maybe they'll get to go on some grand European adventure in a couple seasons like the Duggars did.

As for tonight's episode... I don't know. The episode was so dramatic in what they were predicting, some horrible ending for "Baby Sister", and they kept mentioning resuscitation without specifying that that wasn't something that had to be done at all. Robyn was right that a broken clavicle is better than the baby needing to be saved, but I just think, with all the worry she was feeling regarding something possibly going wrong, she should have gone to a hospital. A stuck baby is nothing to joke about, and minutes definitely count in that situation.

This birth was definitely different from Solomon's. She seemed much calmer when she was having him. She and Kody just were not melding at all during this one, whereas they were so in sync the last time around.

With all these factors from this time around, I'd be very surprised if Robyn ever has another. I think 18 may be the final Brown count. Honestly, kind of surprising that they don't have more kids. 18 is a hell of a lot, of course, but spread out over all the mothers - and Meri only having one (though not her fault) - is just so unusual for stereotypical fundie Mormons.

Yes, all of the pretend worry, and then the comments about "resuscitation" we're totally misleading. If there were any questions, there should not have been a home birth so what a load of cr*p overall. 

I was reading some of the comments on the "Yahoo" thread and someone made a comment about "Kody and his roaming peen" and I cannot stop laughing.  Also, was anyone else wondering if Kody will proposition the midwife, possible wife #5? ;)

48 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

I was reading some of the comments on the "Yahoo" thread and someone made a comment about "Kody and his roaming peen" and I cannot stop laughing.  Also, was anyone else wondering if Kody will proposition the midwife, possible wife #5? ;)

Hasn't he already propositioned one of Robyn's friends?

I find it funny how Robyn needs help raising her kids. Her niece has lived with her for years. What's the point in a plural marriage if you need outside help? Isn't the whole point of having sisterwives is that all the kids are raised by all of the women. And 2 of those sisterwives(Meri and Jenelle) have kids old enough to take care of themselves. Christine still has Truly but the kid is also 7 and she has gramma around all the time. Just shows how failed their whole polygamy scheme is.

10 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I find it funny how Robyn needs help raising her kids. Her niece has lived with her for years. What's the point in a plural marriage if you need outside help? Isn't the whole point of having sisterwives is that all the kids are raised by all of the women. And 2 of those sisterwives(Meri and Jenelle) have kids old enough to take care of themselves. Christine still has Truly but the kid is also 7 and she has gramma around all the time. Just shows how failed their whole polygamy scheme is.

Christine works, and it's not at all uncommon for grandparents to watch kids after school/on weekends/whenever parents are working. At least it wasn't uncommon for me and a lot of my friends.

What job does Christine do outside of filming the show?

She let her real estate license lapse.  Truly is actually 6 but she should be going to school and not need someone there all day. 

2 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Christine works, and it's not at all uncommon for grandparents to watch kids after school/on weekends/whenever parents are working. At least it wasn't uncommon for me and a lot of my friends.

Not sure what Christine does, beside the show.   Do remember the episode where she told Kody she didn't want to do real estate because it was nights and weekends and she had Kids.   Which is fine. For her.

BUT the Idea is sister wives 'I watch yours you watch mine all the kids are ours we help each other'.  They've proven repeatedly that simply isn't the case.  (I think it might have been at one time, but Robyn changed everything)   I think that is what the discussion is here.  With three sisters  and many  older kids to help - why do two of the wives need live in help?       I work two jobs and have kids.  I want live in help....and yet....

I don't understand what any of them other than Janelle do that is "work". Kody......I have heard vague things, but don't know other than being a TeeVee star, what he does that produces income. Unless that is enough, but it is subject to cancellation I guess. 

As annoying as he normally is, Kody was very present and involved with the birth. No napping a la Joshley.  And he was very sweet with Solomon's concerns about cutting the cord.

She looks like truely. Those Brown genes are strong.

It was really interesting how Robyn explained how out of sync they've been during the pregnancy (again...after the legal marriage. Hmm.)

I have seen pictures of Kody working a booth at one or more gun shows. Whether that's full time or part time I don't know, but it is employment.

1 hour ago, daisyd681 said:

I have seen pictures of Kody working a booth at one or more gun shows. Whether that's full time or part time I don't know, but it is employment.

I also recall reading a while back that he was shilling for a MLM.

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

What job does Christine do outside of filming the show?

She let her real estate license lapse.  Truly is actually 6 but she should be going to school and not need someone there all day. 

4 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Not sure what Christine does, beside the show.   Do remember the episode where she told Kody she didn't want to do real estate because it was nights and weekends and she had Kids.   Which is fine. For her.

BUT the Idea is sister wives 'I watch yours you watch mine all the kids are ours we help each other'.  They've proven repeatedly that simply isn't the case.  (I think it might have been at one time, but Robyn changed everything)   I think that is what the discussion is here.  With three sisters  and many  older kids to help - why do two of the wives need live in help?       I work two jobs and have kids.  I want live in help....and yet....

A few pages ago, I posted about how Christine's name is listed on the real estate website that Janelle works at, with the same lady that got them their rental houses and the properties they're on now. She's listed as a salesperson. Maybe it's in name only? Maybe it's a "We scratched your back, you scratch ours" situation since Mona was so heavily featured on the show? Some kind of deal where Christine is featured on the website so she looks normal and/or like she has a real job. I really don't know. Wouldn't surprise me, of course.

We've been through this before.  She's listed, but she can't sell real estate.  Her license lapsed. 

They probably just haven't updated the website.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived