IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

Usually the same thing. For example, Coldwell Banker companies nationwide refer to their agents as "Sales Associates"  and not real estate agents or REALTORS(R), despite the fact that they are also both of those things.

I would go with that except in this case, the web page specifically calls out agents and doesn't list Christine as being one.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

I think Meri wanted to go back to university to finish her degree so she could go back to working with at risk youth (what she did before in Utah).  I think she was all ready to go, and then Robyn guilt-tripped her into not going back because she wanted someone else to work on Sister Wives Closet with her.

But when everything was happening with BatDork, she was talking about going to school and classes and homework and whatnot. It might just be taking her awhile to get done.

For the real estate discussion, so everyone can see the site: tmirealty.net/agents.php (not sure if we still have to break links but I did just to be safe).

Speaking of BatDork, has anyone checked in on him recently? :lol:

3 hours ago, HowsMolly said:

Meri is eternally working on degrees that never result in employment. Wasn't she talking about going back to school in the pilot episode? :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

She was in school during the pilot and first season.  She was taking classes part-time at that point and working as well.  I think she was hoping that getting her degree would allow her to be promoted with the agency that she worked with.  Then they moved to Vegas and she stopped taking her classes at that point.  When Mariah decided to go to college out of state, Meri thought that she might go back to school and finish her degree.

Well, from what I can see on the site, there aren't consistent titles. I wouldn't take that to mean anything other than bad marketing, personally. 

Being overly curious I looked Christine up on the state listing:

christine real estate.jpg

Christine real estate info.jpg

Janelle is listed as an active salesperson.

Janelle as realtor and Christine as appraiser might work well for them. They could potentially do their own thing with that setup.

2 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

Janelle as realtor and Christine as appraiser might work well for them. They could potentially do their own thing with that setup.

The appraiser is a different Christine Brown though.  I wonder if Christine could manage being an appraiser.  She failed the the realtor exam the first time she took it didn't she? 

18 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

She was in school during the pilot and first season.  She was taking classes part-time at that point and working as well.  I think she was hoping that getting her degree would allow her to be promoted with the agency that she worked with.  Then they moved to Vegas and she stopped taking her classes at that point.  When Mariah decided to go to college out of state, Meri thought that she might go back to school and finish her degree.

Meri strikes me as very unambitious. Throughout the seasons we've seen every parent contributing in a major way to the family, at least from the Browns' perspective--Janelle has a career, Christine took care of basically everything on the homefront and currently works, Kody works (most of the time...?) and is the patriarch, even Robyn has My Sisterwife's Closet and took over as babymaker--except Meri. For the life of me I cannot figure out what she's done for the past 6 years besides whine and tan. I think she views school as this nebulous concept she can pursue periodically to justify not being productive in any other way.

20 minutes ago, HowsMolly said:

Meri strikes me as very unambitious. 

I agree with you. I also think it's part of why Meri feels so lost. She doesn't have a role in the family. Then again, not being ambitious could be depression too. Who knows. If I was married to Kody and had to watch him fawn all over Robyn and her kids, I'd be depressed. 

1 hour ago, HowsMolly said:

Meri strikes me as very unambitious. Throughout the seasons we've seen every parent contributing in a major way to the family, at least from the Browns' perspective--Janelle has a career, Christine took care of basically everything on the homefront and currently works, Kody works (most of the time...?) and is the patriarch, even Robyn has My Sisterwife's Closet and took over as babymaker--except Meri. For the life of me I cannot figure out what she's done for the past 6 years besides whine and tan. I think she views school as this nebulous concept she can pursue periodically to justify not being productive in any other way.

I agree with you from the point they moved to Vegas; before then, Meri also worked and went to school part-time.  I think she mentioned it less than Janelle because she worked with at-risk youth.  Her position was later eliminated when she wasn't given a promotion, partially due to the increased attention because of the show and for coming out as a polygamous (according to Meri).  I think part of the problem in Nevada is that none of the options Meri has tried (she tried out the real estate thing a bit, and helped Robyn with the jewelry line as well)did not give her the same satisfaction as her previous job.  And when she decided to go back to school to be able to pursue that line of work, Robyn, whom she's closest to, was incredibly unsupportive and kept asking why Meri was abandoning her. I think she eventually convinced Meri to stop going to school after a semester.  

In my opinion, this is probably the worst thing Robyn has done since she became part of that family.  I know other people here have pointed out other things that make them think Robyn is super self-centered, but I usually don't see them as a huge problem.  This, on the other hand, is down right cruel.  Her best friend in the family is looking for her support so she can finish her degree (which can be very hard for mature students to do to begin with), on top of having her only child move out and trying to redefine her role in the family.  I think if Meri had felt more support, she would have her degree by now and would be getting some fulfillment from her career like she did in the beginning of the series. 

8 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

I agree with you from the point they moved to Vegas; before then, Meri also worked and went to school part-time.  I think she mentioned it less than Janelle because she worked with at-risk youth.  Her position was later eliminated when she wasn't given a promotion, partially due to the increased attention because of the show and for coming out as a polygamous (according to Meri).  I think part of the problem in Nevada is that none of the options Meri has tried (she tried out the real estate thing a bit, and helped Robyn with the jewelry line as well)did not give her the same satisfaction as her previous job.  And when she decided to go back to school to be able to pursue that line of work, Robyn, whom she's closest to, was incredibly unsupportive and kept asking why Meri was abandoning her. I think she eventually convinced Meri to stop going to school after a semester.  

In my opinion, this is probably the worst thing Robyn has done since she became part of that family.  I know other people here have pointed out other things that make them think Robyn is super self-centered, but I usually don't see them as a huge problem.  This, on the other hand, is down right cruel.  Her best friend in the family is looking for her support so she can finish her degree (which can be very hard for mature students to do to begin with), on top of having her only child move out and trying to redefine her role in the family.  I think if Meri had felt more support, she would have her degree by now and would be getting some fulfillment from her career like she did in the beginning of the series. 

If Meri did stop going for a time after Robyn was a complete asshole about it, she started up again. It was either from reading the boring text messages or listening to the boring voice messages on BatDork's site that her classes and school work were mentioned. Who knows - she may have stopped again.

Meri posted this tweet/picture. She's teaming up with the host of Catfish on MTV for a special this Sunday.

Ooh, it was just a matter of time before Catfish got involved. That's something I'll actually watch. Will be interesting to see how things go outside the total control of the TLC producers.

Well, shit. I'm on a road trip and won't be back until next Tuesday. I hope my DVR automatically picks up that episode. 

Mine didn't because it's labeled Catfish.  Do you have remote access to set recordings?  Maybe check on that.

Not sure anyone here has been looking at BatDork's blog, but there are these posts there of an interview with Robyn's friend Kendra. I'm looking over the first part of the follow up interview, but there's another interview with two or three parts to it if you go back far enough. Why is this woman going along with the charade? So you met Sam and Lindsay in a hospital after you gave birth? Fucking seriously? :5624797b0697e_headbash:

I'm glad the show is finally being somewhat honest in showing that 2 of the wives absolutely hate each other.  They each have learned to tolerate each other in a group setting, but separately they can't even go shopping together without Meri getting annoyed with Janelle and being a bitch.  I imagine that's how they interact regularly.  And then the comments about their drastically different cooking styles, I mean what do they do so differently that they couldn't find a way to share a kitchen?  They couldn't come up with a rotation of who cooked each night? Kody seems so detached from them all.  He basically acted like their problems with each other are their problems alone and he should have nothing to do with any of it.  I remember some other polygamous husband saying that's not right and he should jump in and mediate, can't remember who said it though.  Regardless this should be interesting to see how their therapy and discussing the past goes.  

6 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Not sure anyone here has been looking at BatDork's blog, but there are these posts there of an interview with Robyn's friend Kendra. I'm looking over the first part of the follow up interview, but there's another interview with two or three parts to it if you go back far enough. Why is this woman going along with the charade? So you met Sam and Lindsay in a hospital after you gave birth? Fucking seriously? :5624797b0697e_headbash:

There could be an entire thread on Kendra.  It's best not not even try to make sense of her. 

1 hour ago, Nancy Drew said:

I'm glad the show is finally being somewhat honest in showing that 2 of the wives absolutely hate each other.  They each have learned to tolerate each other in a group setting, but separately they can't even go shopping together without Meri getting annoyed with Janelle and being a bitch.  I imagine that's how they interact regularly.  And then the comments about their drastically different cooking styles, I mean what do they do so differently that they couldn't find a way to share a kitchen?  They couldn't come up with a rotation of who cooked each night? Kody seems so detached from them all.  He basically acted like their problems with each other are their problems alone and he should have nothing to do with any of it.  I remember some other polygamous husband saying that's not right and he should jump in and mediate, can't remember who said it though.  Regardless this should be interesting to see how their therapy and discussing the past goes.  

I think that would likely be a no win situation for Kody. I agree about the rotating thing. I assume they couldn't agree even on how to organize the kitchen, and that's where the problems started.

Does anyone but me give the Batdork traffic on 'his' blog?  Supposedly Fox News came and interviewed him the other day...in his office.    For almost three hours.   Oddly - he didn't mention who it was -  'newslady'.   And no clue when it will be out.    Wonder how that will get danced around?  Maybe they will suddenly refuse to air it after the Catfish show runs.   Will be interesting.  

3 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Does anyone but me give the Batdork traffic on 'his' blog?  Supposedly Fox News came and interviewed him the other day...in his office.    For almost three hours.   Oddly - he didn't mention who it was -  'newslady'.   And no clue when it will be out.    Wonder how that will get danced around?  Maybe they will suddenly refuse to air it after the Catfish show runs.   Will be interesting.  

I give Batdork traffic from time to time, too, just to see what other bullshit he's spouting. This is, apparently, the third or fourth time he's been interviewed? And yet you can't even take a picture of yourself holding the New York Times with a current date to prove your identity? Well that doesn't smell like a scam or anything.

Why would Fox News interview him? Is election season, and they have other stories to run. He's also claimed there will be a Lifetime movie, full picture of himself, and a picture of him with Meri.  None of that happened, but she (JO)  spins that into proof he exists.  Um.  No. 

Apparently I don't stalk as much as I think I do - this is the first 'interview' I've heard of. 

WELL - Fox - Megan Kelly - interviewed the Duggar girls and all they were was molested - he's surely more important than THAT  - he's been accused of catfishing!  Of course they'd come running.  because they, like Ken Alexander, realize that molestation is no big deal, but a Millionaire Man with twins and three nannies who had an alleged affair with a  sort of, I mean, spiritually married woman, and then is accused of catfishing is.  Think of his good name!   

You will be glad to know he was complimented on being polite to 'newslady'.   I know I was. 

(Yes, a friend was catfished, and lost her house to the millionaire man.  I have a really hard time feeling bad for these poor misunderstood catfishers who simply won't prove they are real, because it hurts their little feelings to be asked.) 

Does anyone know ... 

Will the lovely & talented @Buzzard be recapping tonight's Sister Wives installment for us?  I surely hope so.  The recaps & commentary are ever so much more entertaining than the shitshow itself!!!  

No new Sister Wives episode tonight, just Catching the Catfisher. Meri is coming up. Sam was almost a billionaire! He had open heart surgery and couldn't  meet! Sam would not Skype. Just a few of his deceptions. Meri is laughing  now, the absurdity of it all finally hit her, I guess.

The segment before Meri had a guy who was catfished for seven years! They were planning a wedding and had never met!

Before me and Mr. SB got together, I met a guy on the internet and got into a LD relationship. I googled  the hell out of that guy, and purchased online background checks (those aren't that great, but you can get a morsel of information here and there). The first thing I did was Google search his picture. We met two months in and he was who he said he was, no catfish here. He did lie about some things and turned out to be a real loser and asshole, but you can't Google  for that, LOL . Due diligence is absolutely necessary when online dating, to protect yourself. 

Lord have mercy, there's a mother who catfished people by pretending  to be her 18 year old daughter!  Sick puppy. These are not always victimless crimes, some man she deceived (who was 46 pretending to be 18, so this was a double catfish situation), shot somebody over this mess.

I understand yearning for love and companionship. However , the internet may not be a good place for emotionally fragile people to meet others.

New Sister Wives episode next week, Mariah talks!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived