IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

You're so right. And I'm sure Jana loves taking marriage advice from the wife of a noted child molester and philanderer and the wife of a, uh, man baby? kidult? aspiring rap artist and inner city minister? Ah, no, JB bitch boy. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nst said:

am I the only when going to a new restaurant google their menu ?

It's the FIRST thing I do.

Yikes, Anna's marriage-obsessed freak routine. By the end of the year you could be MARRIED!!! If you're over eighteen you might ALREADY BE PREGNANT!!! AND TEN YEARS FROM NOW WE WILL ALL HAVE EIGHTEEN DAUGHTERS AND SIXTY EIGHT SONS LIKE KING PRIAM OF TROY AAHHHH!!!!!

Girlfriend... you've got your own miserable marriage to focus on! Leave those kids alone!

I have a bit of a hard time snarking on the girls' lack of knowledge about food. I know for many years, food was scarce in their house. Jill shared about eating crackers in the bathroom, and we also know rice was a main staple in their house. I'm thinking the foods they ate growing up were cheap foods, meant to ease hunger pangs, prepared by girls without a whole lot of skill or knowledge. I'm thinking that a lot of the foods we on this board are used to, the Duggars weren't exposed to/ couldn't afford. We know they aren't inspired gardeners.

In last night's episode, didn't Jessa say to Jana, "You'll probably end up with the most wealthy husband of all." (?) That's because Jana is going to marry Tim Tebow. DUH!

7 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Yikes, Anna's marriage-obsessed freak routine. By the end of the year you could be MARRIED!!! If you're over eighteen you might ALREADY BE PREGNANT!!! AND TEN YEARS FROM NOW WE WILL ALL HAVE EIGHTEEN DAUGHTERS AND SIXTY EIGHT SONS LIKE KING PRIAM OF TROY AAHHHH!!!!!

Girlfriend... you've got your own miserable marriage to focus on! Leave those kids alone!

And...why did she not go home to her OWN family? I mean, yes, I can't apply real-world logic to fundie/TLC-land, but the first place I'd go if my husband cheated on me in such spectacular public fashion would NOT be to his parents and sister(s). Makes me think Anna is a better actress than I've given her credit for. 

6 minutes ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

And...why did she not go home to her OWN family? I mean, yes, I can't apply real-world logic to fundie/TLC-land, but the first place I'd go if my husband cheated on me in such spectacular public fashion would NOT be to his parents and sister(s). Makes me think Anna is a better actress than I've given her credit for. 

I think her parents encouraged her to go to the Duggars as opposed to coming home.  You have to remember that her father is Pa Keller, the worst fundie husband picker we have seen.  Pre-scandal, Josh was by and large the BEST husband he had picked out.  Her father bleeds kool aid.  

30 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah... Anna needs to calm down.  "Anyone over the age of 18 could be married in six months" WTF????? This is so not normal behavior and I hope casual observers caught on to that!

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I can speak to prayer beads in the form of rosaries. A Rosary is a set of beads with specific intervals for repeated prayers, as imagine 20 said. It is a meditative exercise. 

Rosaries are considered "sacramentals", and as such, are meant to be treated with respect, You will often see a pious person begin (or finish) saying the rosary by making the sign of the Cross, then kissing the crucifix on the end. Most people (myself included) keep their rosary in a small pouch or container when it is not in use. 

Rosaries are NOT jewelry, so when you see someone wearing one around his neck, a la some "gangstas", it is not being used appropriately.  

Catholics LOVE repetitive prayers, so there are rosary-like sets of beads, called chaplets, available as well. The difference is: The rosary has a crucifix on the end, and 5 sets of 10 beads, total 65 beads altogether. A chaplet has differing numbers of different sets of beads, and has a medal on the end. It may be a specific saint, or it might be the blessed Mother or Jesus.. just depends. 

AFA prayer beads from other cultures, I would treat them with the same respect as a rosary, in deference to the owner's prayer practices. 

You can use a rosary as a necklace.  In fact, I have one that is meant to be a necklace, with a clasp in the back and everything.  It basically looks like this one: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/207306389071394242/

12 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Didn't Jill face time with Dillard while at a book signing before they were married?

Also, Joy face timing at the eye doctor with Jill? (Or whichever PotatoHead pieces were in the scene)

And the super dangerous we cannot reach Jill Skype moment?

Seems they have internet when it suits the situation.....

Wasn't the SuperDangerousCAMoment because they were chasing and killing a giant tarantula? They DO need the CougarCage mentioned by, I think it was Joy. 

I would personally avoid Cougars and Tarantulas and I do not think either are present in Jerzee where I currently live. 

On 4/15/2016 at 4:58 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

I've never gotten an unsolicited dick pic, but back in my days of using chat rooms, I would get asked for a pic of my pussy all the time.

The dudes got a pic of my feline headship.

Which one?:my_biggrin:

But I really hope you did NOT oblige them if they asked for a picture of a "shaven pussy".

2 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

Which one?:my_biggrin:

But I really hope you did NOT oblige them if they asked for a picture of a "shaven pussy".

I'm sure you could find an internet pic of a hairless cat :)

15 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I'd go for stealth snark, @Mercer but Flame is damn careful not to allow any negativity re: Bin on his social media... I think he is looking to ride some D list coat tails to "fame".... But I do believe he was mocking/laughing at him as much as he could get away with ....

apparently Flame is pretty well established in his niche--was nominated for a Grammy, interview in Essence, major tours, etc. so now I really don't get it.

Haha my screen name is not because I've had 19 cats, just on how ridiculous it is to have 19 kids.  A show called 19 cats and counting would have been a good spinoff with a character from THe Simpsons.

One did ask for a wet pussy.  I sent him one of a feline at bathtime.  Shaven would have gotten a Sphinx kitty. 

I think what makes me sad is that nothing is going to change in their world, that I can see. As is the case in cults and controlling religious groups. Sigh.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/711419792301369/videos/855152077928139/?fref=nf

Ok, really good point here in this FB post.  They point out that the whole thing with every duggar calling Joy "joyful" is kind of fucked up when considering that they believe in the whole "joyfully available" context.  We learned last night that she is a rebel  by wearing SKIRTS instead of DRESSES and we've seen her pimped out planning parties, chasing littles, building a tree fort... she's just having the will "joyfully" beaten out of her and she better fucking smile and like it, right?

Also, HOLY KRAZY sierra eyes when discussing the baby shower.

I think this has progressed from snark worthy to just plain sad. Any other table full of adult women could have talked about jobs, friends, school, movies, concerts, etc. But all the Duggar girls know is get married as young as you can and have as many babies as you can. The constant speculation on courtship and marriage is cringe worthy, like when an aunt or uncle loudly asks if you're seeing anyone. But with the Duggar girls there is nothing else to talk about. The pretense of how skillful the girls are in construction or car sales was always just a pretense. And Anna offering marriage tips? Just more sadness.

25 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

You can use a rosary as a necklace.  In fact, I have one that is meant to be a necklace, with a clasp in the back and everything.  It basically looks like this one: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/207306389071394242/

I would quibble that the item shown is meant to be a necklace that looks like a rosary, and not to be used as a rosary... but I see it. Didn't know they were made for jewelry. Wouldn't wear it that way. Others'mileage may vary.

I thought Anna looked genuinely relaxed for the first time post scandals. But talking about marriage with Josh's victims and knowing his AM resume, it is just totally and completely weird. Poor Anna. 

Looks like the "fancy potatoes" have made it into a TLC promo.  Posting the link from a secondary page to keep TLC from getting direct hits.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Looks like the "fancy potatoes" have made it into a TLC promo.  Posting the link from a secondary page to keep TLC from getting direct hits.

It gets so much better.  I forgot that they then proceeded to assume scallopini was onions, and Jessa's assertion that its SQUID ITS SQUID

I'm thinking the "fancy dinner" is really a late lunch. Look how bright it is outside.  This would have been shot in the winter and theres no way it was that bright during normal dinner hours.

15 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

So sad, so sheltered that ANY restaurant in Branson is "too fancy" with "big words" on the menu.  SOTDRT fail.

(Also Dandruff): Don't have cable access and thus mercifully spared---but am a moderate foodie.  Can somebody give me examples of "fancy" and "big words"? Am really confused---help, please, and tyvm!

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

We can't even get a CSA where I live! They all are grown for the suburbs or trendy downtown. We do have a decent Farmer's Market in summer and its ridiculously cheap.  I think  the Duggars would say CSA means Confederate States Army though

Oh man, that stinks! It's the opposite for us, the shares are primarily intended for locals. (We're in a rural area.) A major goal of our CSA is to address food insecurity, so people who can afford to pay for it partially subsidize those who can't. Any leftover produce is sent to the food bank. It works out well.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived