IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

Looks like "branson bear" has taken down their facebook page after getting BOMBARDED with negative comments.  Their blog has been deleted as well.  

http://www.bransonbear.com/bearblog/2016/4/17/tlc-jill-jessa-counting-on-filmed-an-episode-at-branson-bear

Not just that one post, the entire blog is gone!

Here is their post on the Jill and Jessa FB page

thanksforfilming.jpg

Take a look at the cached comments on the FB page.  They're amazing!

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AruzCwr11j0J:https://www.facebook.com/Branson-Bear-Log-Cabin-300547173473035/reviews%3F__mref%3Dmessage_bubble+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for taking kids out to eat.  I firmly believe that they should go out and be in public and if they scream they scream.  But there's out and there's a posh restaurant with infants who have no chance of even being coaxed into behaving, like a toddler.  The only way that would work would be if they were fed the instant they wimpered...

Wow. The comments about Jill and Jessa Countin on filming at the bear place are scathing. I'm sure they didn't see that coming. The old Shit is Hitting the Fan here. 

I've been watching some of the older 19Kids and Counting episodes and it's really infuriating to listen to the talking heads spout on about something they only know little about or nothing about, because of how sheltered the kids are. And you also have to consider not only are they sheltered, but the context in which they see everything due to the bullshit their parents spell. In Josh's wedding episode we had Jim Boob going on about how women are more emotional so they're the ones who are excited about weddings, while for men it's a means to an end. I was so angry just hearing him say that, but it's regular drivel for these people! It's sad not only do they know very little about everything, what they do know is completely twisted. Anyone in a state of authority in the Duggars camp twists truth. No wonder these girls have nothing to talk about. They don't get to decide things. 

It was interesting to me to see the obvious "shaming" of Godbobbes and J'Chelle. What a fall for them. I'm sure they blame the evil world that built a castle, or whatever, in Joshley's heart. 

Anna is so brainwashed, even more than the Dugglets. 

I didn't watch, because no cable. I think it's fine to ask the waiter if you don't know what things are. When we visited D.C. Mr. Wolf and I went to a different ethnic restaurant every night. I was not embarrassed to ask what things were, or even how to eat it. Not every place had eating utensils.

Back to the Duggars, was that all they talked about, weddings and babies? Wow. That shows what a limited education they have. Even the weather would have been more interesting.

OK, I'm reading the menus from the grill at the Chateau Restaurants in Branson (for some reason, thought that was the one mentioned).

WHAT big words? 90+% was perfectly comprehensible to anyone who survived basic HS home ec (but don't know about SOTDRT)---the rest can be guessed from context or by asking the server "what is....?"

2 hours ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

Never heard of Scallopini? Didn't several of the Duggars (Jana among them) name Italian food as their favorite food when asked a couple of years ago?

Italian food = pizza and from a jar spaghetti sauce or frozen lasagna and frozen garlic bread.

1 hour ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

And...why did she not go home to her OWN family? I mean, yes, I can't apply real-world logic to fundie/TLC-land, but the first place I'd go if my husband cheated on me in such spectacular public fashion would NOT be to his parents and sister(s). Makes me think Anna is a better actress than I've given her credit for. 

1. If she went home to them she'd not get paid for being in this train-wreck of a show.

2. Her folks live in a trailer and she still has brothers at home. I don't think she'd be able to take life in the camper out back anymore.

3. Leave and Cleave--I guess cleaving means you stay with his folks??

4. I think it was simply practical. TTH has more space. Beats living in the old rent house or in that so-called Guest House esp while there were creepy folks trying to spy on her [i.e. fans or anit-duggar's take your pick]

This person had the same question I did about "red hat" last night.  I'm 99.999999999999% sure it is NOT Joy sucking face with him.  At first I thought it was Jill but 1) Thats not Derick 2) That baby is not Izzy and 3) Jill is in Sintral Amerika.

So... who are these people?

redhat.jpg

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

This person had the same question I did about "red hat" last night.  I'm 99.999999999999% sure it is NOT Joy sucking face with him.  At first I thought it was Jill but 1) Thats not Derick 2) That baby is not Izzy and 3) Jill is in Sintral Amerika.

So... who are these people?

redhat.jpg

Jessa and ben?

@Bad Wolf: Heck, that's one of the most fun things about ethnic restaurants---and the more unusually-ethnic (depending on your area), the better. We get great results by saying "what are the dishes the chefs are ALWAYS making?" or "never had X cuisine before----what do you suggest (or what is in it?") (and how to eat it---the Ethiopian kitfo threw me). Servers are usually delighted to show off the nicest things in the place---and they really seem to dig it when people dig in and make happy moans.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I didnt think it looked like them when I saw it live.  

It's hard to say and I don't really want to watch the episode again, but when I saw it live, I just assumed it was them. Looking at the picture now, it looks like Jessa's hair and face shape (and body type IMO).  The male is more dubious to me, but we know Ben wears glasses sometimes and I feel like we've seen him wear that shirt either on Instagram pics or in the show.

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

In last night's episode, didn't Jessa say to Jana, "You'll probably end up with the most wealthy husband of all." (?) That's because Jana is going to marry Tim Tebow. DUH!

I believe Jessa said something along the lines of "just watch, you'll probably end up with an office job type of guy" and Jana responds with "I hope and pray not" (since she is hoping for someone with more of a physical farm-esque type of job). 

No, I could swear this scene was shown in "coming up after the break," but then it never aired during the regular show. Oh well...

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I have a bit of a hard time snarking on the girls' lack of knowledge about food. I know for many years, food was scarce in their house. Jill shared about eating crackers in the bathroom, and we also know rice was a main staple in their house. I'm thinking the foods they ate growing up were cheap foods, meant to ease hunger pangs, prepared by girls without a whole lot of skill or knowledge. I'm thinking that a lot of the foods we on this board are used to, the Duggars weren't exposed to/ couldn't afford. We know they aren't inspired gardeners.

I would agree with that, I feel more sad than snarky. However, again, these are adults (supposedly) who have at least seen there are alternatives possible out there. I am angry at their dumb parents. 

2 hours ago, PracticeMakesProgress said:

And...why did she not go home to her OWN family? I mean, yes, I can't apply real-world logic to fundie/TLC-land, but the first place I'd go if my husband cheated on me in such spectacular public fashion would NOT be to his parents and sister(s). Makes me think Anna is a better actress than I've given her credit for. 

Hew own family isn't being filmed?

2 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Yeah... Anna needs to calm down.  "Anyone over the age of 18 could be married in six months" WTF????? This is so not normal behavior and I hope casual observers caught on to that!

You can use a rosary as a necklace.  In fact, I have one that is meant to be a necklace, with a clasp in the back and everything.  It basically looks like this one: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/207306389071394242/

You can use a rosary as a necklace, but as a (lapsed) cradle Catholic I'm not sure it's appropriate. 

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I have a bit of a hard time snarking on the girls' lack of knowledge about food. I know for many years, food was scarce in their house. Jill shared about eating crackers in the bathroom, and we also know rice was a main staple in their house. I'm thinking the foods they ate growing up were cheap foods, meant to ease hunger pangs, prepared by girls without a whole lot of skill or knowledge. I'm thinking that a lot of the foods we on this board are used to, the Duggars weren't exposed to/ couldn't afford. We know they aren't inspired gardeners.

Thank you! I was getting so uncomfortable with all the aldi comments, tbh. The girls grew up straddling the poverty line, and of course the duggars had to shop at budget grocery stores like aldi. The family's financial situation has improved drastically in the last decade, but the family's food habits (buying budget, buying for bulk rather than nutrition or variety) were formed in a humbler period of their lives and are going to be harder to shake. snarking on the girls for not having been exposed to leeks feels uncomfortably close to snarking on them for growing up in poverty. I'm just glad the girls are getting exposed to new things now. 

I wonder if it has occurred to Jessa that if she looks in a cookbook she could make scaloppini herself. WTH are they eating, anyway? This is really an important skill in a marriage. If you can read, you can cook. I have one called Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. And even tho  I'm a more accomplished cook now, I still refer to his book at times.

1 hour ago, imokit said:

I'm all for taking kids out to eat.  I firmly believe that they should go out and be in public and if they scream they scream.  But there's out and there's a posh restaurant with infants who have no chance of even being coaxed into behaving, like a toddler.  The only way that would work would be if they were fed the instant they wimpered...

If children are screaming, they should be removed. No one wants to hear screaming. 

7 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Thank you! I was getting so uncomfortable with all the aldi comments, tbh. The girls grew up straddling the poverty line, and of course the duggars had to shop at budget grocery stores like aldi. The family's financial situation has improved drastically in the last decade, but the family's food habits (buying budget, buying for bulk rather than nutrition or variety) were formed in a humbler period of their lives and are going to be harder to shake. snarking on the girls for not having been exposed to leeks feels uncomfortably close to snarking on them for growing up in poverty. I'm just glad the girls are getting exposed to new things now. 

I grew up eating that crap and had to learn a lot, so give them a pass at that.

also, you can get good food at Aldis-- brown rice, pesto, natural cheeses, free range eggs, 100 percent grass-fed beef, organic yogurt. What's wrong with that?

I used to shop at Aldis, the Amish market, local farmers market, summer CSA and sometimes Trader Joes. Ironically now that I live in a rural area that has farms there is no decent farm market just a Shoprite with overpriced standard crap. I miss Aldis

18 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I would agree with that, I feel more sad than snarky. However, again, these are adults (supposedly) who have at least seen there are alternatives possible out there. I am angry at their dumb parents. 

Still, I know some non-fundy adults who are hesitant about trying new foods, or who just don't. For my brother in law, chicken cooked in a different way was about as exotic as he'd get when eating out or with my family. He's much better now.  My siblings and I were raised to try new foods.

11 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I wonder if it has occurred to Jessa that if she looks in a cookbook she could make scaloppini herself. WTH are they eating, anyway? This is really an important skill in a marriage. If you can read, you can cook. I have one called Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. And even tho  I'm a more accomplished cook now, I still refer to his book at times.

Jessa's IG has she and Ben eating in a restaurant, again- Tacos and nachos.

I swear to BOB, they never cook or eat at home.

I think snarking on their collective lack of culinary knowledge is OK because they (Duggar parents) are the ones that have bragged about how prepared their children are to tackle the adult world, and in addition, have clearly outlined the jinder "appropriate" skills and roles that each has mastered. EXCEPT, time after time, their "reality" shows the exact opposite.

1 hour ago, RabbitKM said:

It's hard to say and I don't really want to watch the episode again, but when I saw it live, I just assumed it was them. Looking at the picture now, it looks like Jessa's hair and face shape (and body type IMO).  The male is more dubious to me, but we know Ben wears glasses sometimes and I feel like we've seen him wear that shirt either on Instagram pics or in the show.

i slow mowed it = it's them

you can tell the way Jessa walks 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived