IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

Yeah, I'm very tattooed and the area of the arm where Raquel got her shitty tattoo is pretty painless compared to most other places. It was for me, at least. Also, she only got one color, no shading, no highlights, etc., so it probably did only take 20ish minutes.

3 hours ago, Vex said:

Also her tattoo is amazing. Please let her get two more next month like she wants.

lol right? I can't wait.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do we know about Carter Reynolds?

And I can't help myself - the person who left probably ran screaming.

Capture 3.JPG

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Capture 3.JPG

well this is a marginally interesting turn of events.  It seems like ol' Carter isn't against talking to Raquel period, but he (his friends? parents?) must have caused them to stop talking for some reason.  Maybe he got tired of being a not-boyfriend or not the only not-boyfriend?  ISB bus on the road again ;)

Also, thank you to everyone for info about tattoos.  Most of my knowledge comes from the totally real and unscripted Ink Master and other shows like it ;)

6 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

Numbing gel? Interesting. I've never been offered that for a tattoo or piercing...

The really high-end place where I got my first tattoo (and quite large photorealistic tattoo) offered it to me since i was a newbie abut to do a 5 hour session. It helped nicely but quickly wore off. I've never seen lower end places offer. Many parlours probably carry them but they're probably a request only item. I'm sure if they have some and you ask they'll apply it.

9 hours ago, Vex said:

I'm sure this is just me and my immature mind, but when I read the line about needing relief from the scorching fire it reminded me of euphemisms I've heard for STDs and UTIs. I know that's not normal, but it made me laugh because mentally I am 12 sometimes.

Also her tattoo is amazing. Please let her get two more next month like she wants.

Vex, I think if we're talking about immaturity, Raquel wins. :)

1 hour ago, Vex said:

The really high-end place where I got my first tattoo (and quite large photorealistic tattoo) offered it to me since i was a newbie abut to do a 5 hour session. It helped nicely but quickly wore off. I've never seen lower end places offer. Many parlours probably carry them but they're probably a request only item. I'm sure if they have some and you ask they'll apply it.

I'm pretty sure that my tattoo guy would look at me like I had a squid attached to my face if I asked for numbing gel. He's done almost all of my tats without any kind of pain killer though, so he knows that I don't need it.

Where are you seeing pictures of this tattoo?  I CANNOT FIND it and it's driving me crazy!  

3 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Where are you seeing pictures of this tattoo?  I CANNOT FIND it and it's driving me crazy!  

Oh here I was hoping it was a real hot mess like giant angel wings or flaming roses or bad Chinese ideograms that spell out "chicken fried rice" rather than "serenity."

This is just... bland and boring.  

Ummmm.  Okay.  I give.  What the heck with the bottom tweet?  and accept to what?

Capture 5.JPG

"We'll always be a part of each other's lives"? Sounds like a relative. I wonder if she had a falling out with the older brother.

I wonder what accepted her. College? It would do her a world of good. 

I don't know about you all, but I'm praying that God will direct her AWAY from any orphanages if that's what she's talking about. 

On 4/19/2016 at 4:15 AM, clueliss said:

Capture 3.JPG

Carter Reynolds is a social media star with some few million Twitter followers. Raquel was just retweeting.

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

Ummmm.  Okay.  I give.  What the heck with the bottom tweet?  and accept to what?

Capture 5.JPG

I can shed some light on this [bc apparently I have no goddamned life] Followed a hunch over to ex-not-boyfriend:

Screenshot - 04212016 - 12:45:44 PM.png

I really hope these two twits make it work. I can't imagine anyone else in the world better suited to them.

Thank you for the Carter Reynolds clarification.  And oy vey on the other.

On April 16, 2016 at 3:33 PM, clueliss said:

You make hard relationships work, unless I decide there's no real connection and kick you to the curb

In other news on Twitter she is saying that she will "literally' bawl if New Girl Ends (she's binge watching it)

How about we play with the word order to "you make hard work of relationships"

yeah Raq you are such a tattooed bad ass naughty girl! I am sure people are staring and judging your tattooed self at this very moment!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

How about we play with the word order to "you make hard work of relationships"

yeah Raq you are such a tattooed bad ass naughty girl! I am sure people are staring and judging your tattooed self at this very moment!!!!!

Well, we are. Just not for the reasons she implies. :pb_lol:

we're staring because the math on the formula you tattooed to your arm makes no sense and we're trying to figure out stops on an infinity symbol.  has nothing to do with being bad ass.  

4 minutes ago, clueliss said:

we're staring because the math on the formula you tattooed to your arm makes no sense and we're trying to figure out stops on an infinity symbol.  has nothing to do with being bad ass.  

I think they are arrows to represent the ups and downs.........of eternity. How dramatic. I bet she waves her forearm around practically begging people to ask her about her deep thought provoking tattoo.

EVERYONE. 

I was cleaning my office and I found a tiny notebook from the 8th grade containing at least one Raquelicious Pome. 

Just look at you

All grown up and taking the world on your shoulders

And Looking round

Halftimes the wrong way

Just like a grownup.

But sometimes you act just like a little kid

And that's okay too.

I think 14 year old me was very impressed with myself. :pb_lol:

There's also a very topical haiku:

Wow. It must be sweeps

There is actually a new

Episode of Lost.

Also contained was a ciphered note I can't be assed to translate, a recipe for microwave quesadillas, and the weight in grams of US coinage. Don't as me why.

Maybe I should dig up some more. I went through a phase at 14-16 where I thought it was the MOST ENLIGHTENED PERSON EVAR. :special-snowflake1: My totally philosophical deep thoughts often spilled over into long winded poetry that now makes me want to stab my eyes out. 

ETA: So.... Raquel at age 21?

On 4/19/2016 at 10:06 AM, acheronbeach said:

Oh here I was hoping it was a real hot mess like giant angel wings or flaming roses or bad Chinese ideograms that spell out "chicken fried rice" rather than "serenity."

This is just... bland and boring.  

I once saw a woman with the tattoo "天氣" on her arm.  I think she wanted it to mean "Heavenly/Celestial Energy/Spirit", and separately, those characters can be read that way.  The 氣 is the Qi that you are referencing when you are talking about someone's qi.  Energy of life, lifeforce, etc. in a classical reading.  Nice tattoo, right?

天氣, put together, does NOT mean Celestial Energy.  You would need some modifiers in there.  It is one of the few compound words in Chinese, and it means "weather".  

This woman got "weather" tattooed on her forearm.  Nice work, lady.  

Also, someone who was in my Chinese 101 classes wanted to get "world peace" tattooed on his arm.  It's a 4 character phrase, which in Chinese is considered a very nice, balanced phrase.  If I ever got a tattoo in Chinese, it would also be a 4 character phrase.  It's a balanced, succinct, complete thought.  

Unless you mess up the order of the characters, like he did.

世界和平 = World Peace

世界 = whole world

和平 = peace

Both of these are very common words, used outside of the phrase.  There is really NO REASON to get the order wrong in this case.  

世界平和 = The world is balanced and...

It's so incomplete!  It sounds like something is missing after the 和, and in addition, 3 character phrases are awkward, so it would be so much better to add a character after 平 to change the first clause into 4 characters!  I look at that and I wonder if they forgot the 衡....if they forgot the rest of the phrase....it's just BAD.  

Basically it says "I didn't bother to check with google translate before getting my tattoo" or "How did I pass Chinese 101?"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived