IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

Here comes the next one to flip her shit. Fuck those of you who believe Josh isn't a pedophile! His victim count keeps rising! So take all that research and your degrees and shove them up your asses! I'm sick of hearing fucking excuses for this low-life piece of shit! So, angain, fuck you!

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Here comes the next one to flip her shit. Fuck those of you who believe Josh isn't a pedophile! His victim count keeps rising! So take all that research and your degrees and shove them up your asses! I'm sick of hearing fucking excuses for this low-life piece of shit! So, angain, fuck you!

What? 

I make no excuses for Josh. Do you know of him molesting children as an adult? This isn't about research or degrees, it's about known facts. As vile as I think Josh is, I have no evidence that he's attracted to children. By all accounts, he has sought after adults since he has been an adult. 

Fuck Josh, I think he's a terrible person, but I'm not going to label him a pedophile without evidence, or at the very least, accusations that he has sought children as an adult. 

In my opinion, Josh is a massive creep who has displayed some ugly predatory behaviour towards girls and women in his life. That said, armchair diagnosis is sketchy at best.

In order to be diagnosed as a pedophile one must be over sixteen and have a primary or exclusive attraction to children under the age of thirteen.

We don't know what type of people Josh has been primarily attracted to since he turned sixteen, but there have been no reports of him molesting children since he was fourteen.

Based on the facts we currently know, it's unlikely Josh would meet the criteria for a diagnosis. That said, I doubt Joshly has ever seen a psychiatrist (or anyone else accredited) in order to be diagnosed or treated for whatever his issues are, which is a pity because I think there's a heck of a lot wrong with him, and without help, he's not going to get better and his wife and children are going to continue to have a major asshat as their headship.

Who knew that their curiosity in those kooky Duggars would eventually lead to a neverending argument about the technical definition of a pedophile...? 

Not me.

2 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

What? 

I make no excuses for Josh. Do you know of him molesting children as an adult? This isn't about research or degrees, it's about known facts. As vile as I think Josh is, I have no evidence that he's attracted to children. By all accounts, he has sought after adults since he has been an adult. 

Fuck Josh, I think he's a terrible person, but I'm not going to label him a pedophile without evidence, or at the very least, accusations that he has sought children as an adult. 

Pretty much this. I think that he is a child molester and an all-around predator, but until we know that he's gone after children/minors or has displayed attraction towards them since The Incidents, I'd hesitate to say that he's a pedophile in the clinical sense of the word, especially because he himself was a minor when he did what he did. I think that a child molester doesn't have to be sexually attracted to children the way a pedophile is; they want power and control, and they can get that by attacking and violating people who are vulnerable and suggestible (children). Josh is a disgusting sexual predator, but I'd rather wait until we have a bit more facts before calling him anything more specific than that.

I apologize for my outburst. It just infuriates me that there was no justice for the victims, and that list seems to be growing.

12 hours ago, patsymae said:

Josh was 14 and one of the girls was 5. That's not curiosity, it's perversion and bullying.

You mistake me. One of my son's victims was 5. I'm saying that even with appropriate rehabilitation and counselling, my son will be called a pervert and a "rapist"  (he did NOT rape and I will not go into further detail ) for the rest of his life. So if those labels stick also to Joshua Duggar, who was protected from consequences, lied, and continued to lead a life of privilege, well, so be it.

As I've said before I didn't like Josh the first minute I saw him on the first special. 

The additional sadness surrounding his actions is that his parents did not really protect his sisters moving forward. They are idiotic religious zealots. And then Jill and Jessa had to go on NationalTV and talk about it in the hopes that the Show Could Go On. Total disregard for the females in favor of Speshul Snowflake Joshley.

All over creepy.

Josh's actions seem to me more like wanting power and control over someone and picking who he saw as an easy target. He strikes me as someone who completely internalized the bullshit about men basically owning women.

And I agree, his attitude on the first specials did not seem like someone who had been "humbled" or whatever. It was like the prom king talking about his friend group.

25 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

And I agree, his attitude on the first specials did not seem like someone who had been "humbled" or whatever. It was like the prom king talking about his friend group.

This.  I remember watching the early shows and being surprised at the total arrogance he displayed - little did I know there was sooooo much more going on.

2 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Josh's actions seem to me more like wanting power and control over someone and picking who he saw as an easy target. He strikes me as someone who completely internalized the bullshit about men basically owning women.

I agree.  Josh's actions are those of a rapist:  it isn't about sex, it's about power.  It was about power and control (because he could) with his sisters and it seems to be about power with other women now--including emotionally abusive power over Anna, as she walks her bullshit journey through her crap life and keeps sweet about all of it.

I remember when Josh and Anna were married and the camera crew followed them to the hotel. Josh practically shoved Anna through the door. At the time, I thought he just wanted the crew to go away . Man, I can only imagine (blech), knowing what we know now, what the honeymoon was like!

I remember when Josh and Anna were married and the camera crew followed them to the hotel. Josh practically shoved Anna through the door. At the time, I thought he just wanted the crew to go away . Man, I can only imagine (blech), knowing what we know now, what the honeymoon was like!

Iirc the camera crew had to knock on the door and be all like, "hey can we have our mikes back?

I don't remember much of the last part of that episode but just thinking about it makes me feel terrible. Anna went from never touching this man to being his sex toy in about an eight hour span. I just can't imagine that. Especially with someone like Smuggar who has been taught that a man's physical needs are the  only ones that matter. 

On 4/18/2016 at 3:00 PM, weirdemmaline said:

Contributing to the famous people derailment

When I was like 10 I met Jack Hanna (that TV animal guy. He's actually insanely unfriendly in person. I was quite upset. Illusion = shattered haha).

At SDCC in 2009 I ran into Leonard Nimoy. Had the briefest of exchanges of "Hi oh my gosh you're amazing llap" with him before running away. 

In 2013 I met "Weird Al" Yankovic twice.

In 2015 I met "Weird Al" Yankovic three more times and he remembered me the last time (even if he didn't outright recall my name). I also met a bunch of the cast members of Les Miserables on Broadway at the stage door and like five of them stopped to take selfies with me because my hair was dyed like a French flag at the time (purely on accident). Marius commented on it (and remembered me when I stagedoored a second time the next day) and Enjolras stood there and gushed at me about it for like five minutes. It was kinda great. 

So far this year I met Ramin Karimloo and I've already got plans to meet "Weird Al" again as part of a concert ticket package. 

I met Jack just a few years ago. I didn't get the impression that he was unfriendly, but rather completely exhausted. He had just met the zillion people in line before me and still had a show to do. Felt kind of bad for him. I met Melissa Joan Hart on a Nickelodeon tour in the 90s. She was a complete brat. And now she follows me on Twitter. Go figure. My roommates met Raven Simon when we worked for the Mouse. The said she had a terrible cold (was utterly miserable) but was really sweet and nice to them--professional. 

1 minute ago, FormerlyFundyLite said:

I met Jack just a few years ago. I didn't get the impression that he was unfriendly, by rather completely exhausted. He had just met the zillion people in line before me and still had a show to do. Felt kind of bad for him. I met Melissa Joan Hart on a Nickelodeon tour in the 90s. She was a complete brat. And now she follows me on Twitter. Go figure. My roommates met Raven Simon when we worked for the Mouse. The said she had a terrible cold (was utterly miserable) but was really sweet and nice to them--professional. 

That could've been the case when I met him as well, but I was little and I just knew that he didn't even acknowledge that I'd said anything to him when it was my turn to go up to him in line. 

LOL Melissa Joan Hart always kinda looked like she'd be a brat. 

Remember the episode when J&A were showing the audience their honeymoon beach house? They were walking through the house hand in hand, showing the rooms and telling us which was which. In a room with a huge bed Josh told it was one of his favorite rooms and Anna looked at the camera with a half-smile and said something like "yes, it definitely is". At the time I found that a bit yucky but normal for a (fundie) couple on a honeymoon, but now that we know what we know I only find it disgusting. One has to wonder if their honeymoon was a replica of the infamous Michael and Debi Pearl honeymoon...

On 4/23/2016 at 8:37 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

How ridiculous to have to go on TV with people now knowing they were molested by their brother. For all the world to see they had to talk about it. 

That is horrid. All thanks to Godbobbers and DQ.

I think the ridiculous and horrid part is that they had no choice. Not that they did it. If they wanted to speak out, had legitimate things to say that could help other survivors, that would have been awesome. But they were probably forced to go out there and publicly play it down and "forgive". That is the horrid part.

Ugh I remember the end of that wedding. Josh and Anna went in to that hotel room, and Anna looked so uncomfortable and Josh just had, like , this shit-eating grin on his face. In light of recent events, he seemed almost kind of predatory.

Yuck.

And, I mean, what else really could Jessa and Jill have said beyond the party line. It's doubtful that there was ever any real meaningful help they got. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if deep down they both detested/resented Josh for what happened. People have touched on this with Jessa.

Am I the only one who finds it really really weird that we still have herad and seen NOTHING of Josh since he left "the Programm"?? Not a single picture, nothing. (And I do not believe that it was really him that has been spotted looking for furniture).

Where is he? Where does he live? Why is there not a single Information in such a long time??

Are no Reporters in Tontitown?

8 minutes ago, vienna said:

Am I the only one who finds it really really weird that we still have herad and seen NOTHING of Josh since he left "the Programm"?? Not a single picture, nothing. (And I do not believe that it was really him that has been spotted looking for furniture).

Where is he? Where does he live? Why is there not a single Information in such a long time??

Are no Reporters in Tontitown?

Personally, I'm not all that surprised. He's a Z-list celebrity with a family who are very careful about protecting their brand. Plus, said family is in the pay of TLC, who have an interest in either keeping Josh under wraps, or revealing him when it suits them. Once he has served his purpose, I'm sure we'll see him again.

3 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Personally, I'm not all that surprised. He's a Z-list celebrity with a family who are very careful about protecting their brand. Plus, said family is in the pay of TLC, who have an interest in either keeping Josh under wraps, or revealing him when it suits them. Once he has served his purpose, I'm sure we'll see him again.

I'm curious as to what is keeping him hidden. It's Josh. He LOVES the spotlight and negative attention is still attention. Money? Anna? His parents? His guilty guilty conscious? 

I agree.  I still think he has enough notoriety to pull photographers who would get paid for a candid shot.  Josh's "mistakes" made print in many national newspapers, magazines, websites and blogs.  Bill Maher talked about him on his show, he was the butt of many jokes on late night TV.  I find it hard to believe that paparazzi have lost interest.

Maybe this Duggars spent the last 6 months digging an underground tunnel from the guest house to the main house?  Hey, maybe all the tree house building was a cover for the tunneling?  Don't ask me how, I just need to speculate and cause trouble.:popcorn:

16 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm curious as to what is keeping him hidden. It's Josh. He LOVES the spotlight and negative attention is still attention. Money? Anna? His parents? His guilty guilty conscious? 

MONEY. 100% 

If there's a deal with TLC for his first appearance or whatever, I have no doubt that's enough motivation for him to lay low. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived