IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

On 13 April 2016 at 7:37 PM, InThePrayerCloset said:

Its funny how inevitably you have that one friend who you use for almost all your 6 degrees. i have 1 friend who is in with a former president, and know a couple of prime ministers so they almost always figure in ALL my 6 degrees. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former New Yorker here so I had a decent amount of celebrity sightings.  I never approached anyone but I did my share of staring trying to make it not look obvious but failing miserably.  I saw Michael J. Fox outside a kid's clothing store with his family and Hilary Swank with Chad Lowe at the MET on the same day. Matt Dillon running through Central Park.  Julianne Moore before right before she became really well known.  Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhaal on a date at a pizza restaurant. Alec Baldwin crossing the street near my apartment and his brother Billy on his honeymoon with Chynna Philips in Florence.  My god Billy was so handsome, better than on the screen. Vanessa Wiliams eating with friends, again prettier in real life and very young looking. Anthony Edwards from ER fame.  Looked terrified that I might stop him. My friend and I may or may not have followed Jerry Stiller into a convenience store to determine if it was really him.  It was. Gary Sinise walking out of a hotel. Jennifer Lopez coming out of a hotel surrounded by the paps and tons of other people looking lovely and friendly while Harvey Weinstein seemed in a bad mood just outside that circle, probably that he didn't get recognized.  Let;s see, Emma Roberts behind me in line to the ladies room.  Matthew Broderick twice, once on the subway and another time at a restaurant, the same place my coworkers and I saw Mike Myers at the height of his fame. He was very gracious and took pictures with us, his ex-wife not as gracious.  Maybe that's why she's the ex. :)  Sat next to  Andrew McCarthy on the subway once. He seemed friendly. Scott Bailey outside Elaine's I Saw Robbie Benson at the airport in Boston over 25 years ago.  My friend kept saying it wasn't him and I kept saying it was.  He heard us and was laughing. 

For the less than pleasant.  Went to a CD signing of Chicago after seeing it on B'way.  Joel Grey and Bebe Nuewirth were signing.  She was very bitchy for someone who was there to interact with the public.  Also saw Donald Trump at a restaurant between marriages 2 and 3.  He was with about 8 blondes.  4 sitting on the left of him and 4 to the right.  He caught my gaze and gave me the his signature creepy, snakelike look. Creepy.

I'm sure there are more but I've bored you all enough while we wait for Joshley to make his appearance.

@justmy2cents, loved your sightings & it reminded me of my only trip to NYC back in 1975 or so. In Greenwich Village one evening, My friend & I passed right by Joan Baez, who looked beautiful and was on the arm of another lady. My friend was running her mouth and a block later, when she drew breath, I said, "I saw Joan Baez back there!"  Friend regarded me approvingly, and said, "And you didn't even break stride to gawk at her! You're already half a New Yorker!"

We were both from the middest of the Midwest , so that made me chuckle then and it still does, now 

22 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Former New Yorker here so I had a decent amount of celebrity sightings.  I never approached anyone but I did my share of staring trying to make it not look obvious but failing miserably.  I saw Michael J. Fox outside a kid's clothing store with his family and Hilary Swank with Chad Lowe at the MET on the same day. Matt Dillon running through Central Park.  Julianne Moore before right before she became really well known.  Kirsten Dunst and Jake Gyllenhaal on a date at a pizza restaurant. Alec Baldwin crossing the street near my apartment and his brother Billy on his honeymoon with Chynna Philips in Florence.  My god Billy was so handsome, better than on the screen. Vanessa Wiliams eating with friends, again prettier in real life and very young looking. Anthony Edwards from ER fame.  Looked terrified that I might stop him. My friend and I may or may not have followed Jerry Stiller into a convenience store to determine if it was really him.  It was. Gary Sinise walking out of a hotel. Jennifer Lopez coming out of a hotel surrounded by the paps and tons of other people looking lovely and friendly while Harvey Weinstein seemed in a bad mood just outside that circle, probably that he didn't get recognized.  Let;s see, Emma Roberts behind me in line to the ladies room.  Matthew Broderick twice, once on the subway and another time at a restaurant, the same place my coworkers and I saw Mike Myers at the height of his fame. He was very gracious and took pictures with us, his ex-wife not as gracious.  Maybe that's why she's the ex. :)  Sat next to  Andrew McCarthy on the subway once. He seemed friendly. Scott Bailey outside Elaine's I Saw Robbie Benson at the airport in Boston over 25 years ago.  My friend kept saying it wasn't him and I kept saying it was.  He heard us and was laughing. 

For the less than pleasant.  Went to a CD signing of Chicago after seeing it on B'way.  Joel Grey and Bebe Nuewirth were signing.  She was very bitchy for someone who was there to interact with the public.  Also saw Donald Trump at a restaurant between marriages 2 and 3.  He was with about 8 blondes.  4 sitting on the left of him and 4 to the right.  He caught my gaze and gave me the his signature creepy, snakelike look. Creepy.

I'm sure there are more but I've bored you all enough while we wait for Joshley to make his appearance.

My most memorable is second hand. Seems pertinent these days though. My daughter's first job out of college was as assistant to the manager of a Trump golf course. She saw quite a bit of him. The first time he walked in, pointed at her and said "Beautiful. You're beautiful." (She is, she doesn't look like me so I can say it.) Glad she was a brunette, a blonde might not have been safe! 

I used to work summers in the Hamptons in late 90's- early 00's. I've never been one to keep up with celebrities, so half the time I had no idea who they were. For example, a certain hip hop mogul (initials RS) and his then model wife (KLS), and a very well-known director (initials GL); tipped very well and were amused that I just assumed they were regular people. A few of the Real Housewives of NYC (before the show was on the air), the First Family at that time (not up close, but across an open field where Air Force One landed), a certain hotel family. It's a summer playground for the rich and famous, and they were all just strolling around like mortals.

My best celeb encounter is the most dangerous LOL 

A group from my high school went to Europe as a graduation gift from our parents in 1988. My two best friends and I decided to dedicate most of the first day in Dublin standing outside of the gate at U2's recording studio. In the 'soft rain' as the Irish call it. Around 4 pm, we saw The Edge walk out of one building into another one. About 15 minutes later he walked out and got in his sportscar...can't remember what kind specifically. 

Anyway, the automatic gate opened and like a damn fool, I jumped in front of his car and screamed 'we came all of the way from Alabama to see you...please stop and take a picture.' Like I said, a damn fool LOL 

He stopped on a dime, pretty close to me. My friends were at the drivers side door like white on rice. I suppose he was very shocked because he rolled the window down and just sat there as we babbled on. He eventually got out and took the obligatory pictures with us. I admit he chastised me for jumping in front of the car but did it in a big brother sort of way and then told me that I had some spunk about me and it was nice to meet fans from Alabama. 

Aah, the foolishness of my youth LOL 

2 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

I used to work summers in the Hamptons in late 90's- early 00's. I've never been one to keep up with celebrities, so half the time I had no idea who they were. For example, a certain hip hop mogul (initials RS) and his then model wife (KLS), and a very well-known director (initials GL); tipped very well and were amused that I just assumed they were regular people. A few of the Real Housewives of NYC (before the show was on the air), the First Family at that time (not up close, but across an open field where Air Force One landed), a certain hotel family. It's a summer playground for the rich and famous, and they were all just strolling around like mortals.

I was working at a writers festival and helped interview this lovely young guy who had written a book about teaching english in Iraq after 9/11... lovely man, went to harvard and was supporting Hillary for the Democratic nomination in 2008... didn't realise until later that night the reason his book was dedicated to "Chelsea"... yup, i hadn't done my background research on that first time author... 

3 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

which ladies of the RHONY because some of them are bat shit  crazy - aka Sonya Morgan

8 hours ago, nst said:

which ladies of the RHONY because some of them are bat shit  crazy - aka Sonya Morgan

Jill (and her mother) and Ramona. They were pleasant as long they got exactly what they asked for, but that's understandable; you pay good money for something specific, it damn well better be right the first time.

On 11/04/2016 at 1:05 PM, Casserole said:

I've met Bruce Springsteen once.

I would actually die. I'm such a huge Bruce Springsteen fan that I was giddy being at Newark Airport yesterday because it was in New Jersey. I can't wait to see him in Manchester next month (it will be my 5th gig of his).

My main celeb meeting anecdote is the time I was feeling up Ville Valo from the band HIM (the logo in my avatar) and we turned around to be greeted by a very confused looking Nikki Sixx. I feel need to elaborate, It was 2004 at an awards show for Metal Hammer magazine and I know Ville well enough that we were joking around and I grabbed his arse. You can see by his facial expression in this photo what I'm doing... scan0001.jpg About 3 seconds after this photo Nikki came out the back door and both me and Ville lost the power of speech. When I could work out how to talk I shrieked 'this isn't what it looks like!!!' and Nikki just laughed. I guess being in Motley Crue means he has seen a lot worse!

I wouldn't call them celebs, but I'm really good friends with a band called the Levellers. They were huge in the UK in the 90s and are still together and touring. They are the nicest bunch of guys you will ever know.

@Bushes of Love I would DIE! I found HIM when I was like 13, thanks to a massive crush on Bam Margera & a lot of watching Viva La Bam reruns and still love them to this day. I wanted to dance to "right here in my arms" at my wedding but my husand was like "um no" lol. 

My mother literally named me Nicole because she had a huge crush on Nikki Sixxx in the 80's and wanted to be able to call me Nikki. haha. 

22 minutes ago, 19catsandcounting said:

@Bushes of Love I would DIE! I found HIM when I was like 13, thanks to a massive crush on Bam Margera & a lot of watching Viva La Bam reruns and still love them to this day. I wanted to dance to "right here in my arms" at my wedding but my husand was like "um no" lol. 

My mother literally named me Nicole because she had a huge crush on Nikki Sixxx in the 80's and wanted to be able to call me Nikki. haha. 

I got into HIM in 2003 (just after my 18th birthday), I was spending a lot of time in Germany and they used to do a lot of shows over there then. I got dragged to a show in Berlin by a friend of mine and when we bumped into the band I told Ville that I hadn't a clue who he was but he was sexy. He laughed at me, handed me a beer and thus began a long and inappropriate friendship.

On April 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

Somewhat OT but where do the Duggars go to church? Their original home church seems to have folded. The Dullards seem to go to Cross Church when they're in the area but what about those at the TTH? Maybe they home church with just the family now to avoid the public?

Last I heard, they were reading the bible and having JB led, family bible time.

I don't think they actually belong to any church.

This is so weird to me- if you're constantly referencing Jesus, the Bible and your faith, shouldn't you be an active member of a congregation?

I guess not if you worship at the altar of JB Duggar.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This is so weird to me- if you're constantly referencing Jesus, the Bible and your faith, shouldn't you be an active member of a congregation?

I think Gothardism believes in home churches. He may have been the first to advocate FIC, though he didn't call it such. I remember reading on Wartburg Watch about how Gothardites would take over a mainstream SBC church and make it family integrated and exclude the more mainstream members. The number of Gothardites has thankfully decreased so that kind of thing probably doesn't happen anymore. Maybe the number of local Duggar leghumpers has diminished to the point where they can't find enough "like-minded families" to home church with. 

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

For some reason, I have always been of the theory that they knew no one liked them in their local church, so they just started their own and bribed invited like-minded folks to come along.

I was under the impression that the Duggars church (back in the day) consisted of that other politician (who's daughter Josh was supposed to marry).

I'm sure that Joshgate 1.0 put a huge strain in the relationship between the two families.  Are they still on speaking terms?

Contributing to the famous people derailment

When I was like 10 I met Jack Hanna (that TV animal guy. He's actually insanely unfriendly in person. I was quite upset. Illusion = shattered haha).

At SDCC in 2009 I ran into Leonard Nimoy. Had the briefest of exchanges of "Hi oh my gosh you're amazing llap" with him before running away. 

In 2013 I met "Weird Al" Yankovic twice.

In 2015 I met "Weird Al" Yankovic three more times and he remembered me the last time (even if he didn't outright recall my name). I also met a bunch of the cast members of Les Miserables on Broadway at the stage door and like five of them stopped to take selfies with me because my hair was dyed like a French flag at the time (purely on accident). Marius commented on it (and remembered me when I stagedoored a second time the next day) and Enjolras stood there and gushed at me about it for like five minutes. It was kinda great. 

So far this year I met Ramin Karimloo and I've already got plans to meet "Weird Al" again as part of a concert ticket package. 

2 minutes ago, weirdemmaline said:

Contributing to the famous people derailment

When I was like 10 I met Jack Hanna (that TV animal guy. He's actually insanely unfriendly in person. I was quite upset. Illusion = shattered haha).

At SDCC in 2009 I ran into Leonard Nimoy. Had the briefest of exchanges of "Hi oh my gosh you're amazing llap" with him before running away. 

In 2013 I met "Weird Al" Yankovic twice.

In 2015 I met "Weird Al" Yankovic three more times and he remembered me the last time (even if he didn't outright recall my name). I also met a bunch of the cast members of Les Miserables on Broadway at the stage door and like five of them stopped to take selfies with me because my hair was dyed like a French flag at the time (purely on accident). Marius commented on it (and remembered me when I stagedoored a second time the next day) and Enjolras stood there and gushed at me about it for like five minutes. It was kinda great. 

So far this year I met Ramin Karimloo and I've already got plans to meet "Weird Al" again as part of a concert ticket package. 

I'm jealous that you've met Weird Al. He is a comedy genius!

Krista posted a photo, on her now private instagram, of the some of the Duggars at church. It didn't look like a home church.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I was under the impression that the Duggars church (back in the day) consisted of that other politician (who's daughter Josh was supposed to marry).

I'm sure that Joshgate 1.0 put a huge strain in the relationship between the two families.  Are they still on speaking terms?

Jim Holt? The Holts and Duggars were hanging out after the scandal broke. Jessa and Ben went to pool party at the Holts home last summer.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I don't think they are. Recently, Jim Holt "liked" a post on Pickles that was extremely critical of Josh. I thought that was really weird. Not weird that he would have a negative opinion of Josh or the entire Duggar family, but that he would read the Pickles page and openly agree with it, since I think that page is critical of their way of life in general, not just the Duggars specifically.

How did he help cover it up?  I do think that's why he ended the 'courtship' with his daughter.

I remember them on the first specials but I don't think they've been back on TV since.  

Is Josh still on speaking terms with the family? 

I've seen various tabloid articles but I'd love more details.

On another thread, it was suggested that Big Sandy starts tomorrow-- confirmation?  Perhaps, we'll finally get the picture of Joshley and can get off the 6 degrees derailment on this thread and the dick pic derailment on Bin thread!

5 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

How did he help cover it up?  I do think that's why he ended the 'courtship' with his daughter.

Sorry, I think I misremered some of the details of the scandal.

1 hour ago, Mothership said:

On another thread, it was suggested that Big Sandy starts tomorrow-- confirmation?  Perhaps, we'll finally get the picture of Joshley and can get off the 6 degrees derailment on this thread and the dick pic derailment on Bin thread!

If he's there it will be impossible to keep him off instagram.  

Still no sightings of Joshley. It's been, what, a month since Joshley was released from Jesus Jail? That's probably enough time for him to start reverting back to his pale, pudgy, piggy self.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived