IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

In other subjects, I am still amazed we have yet to see a photo of him since he "returned home"

There is only so long someone can just stay in that property without going to a store or something. A doctor appointment, dentist, anything?

Even so, they would have him doing yard work as labor or something? Someone would have spotted that?

Unless he went somewhere that ISN'T home. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hollywood said:

In other subjects, I am still amazed we have yet to see a photo of him since he "returned home"

There is only so long someone can just stay in that property without going to a store or something. A doctor appointment, dentist, anything?

Even so, they would have him doing yard work as labor or something? Someone would have spotted that?

Unless he went somewhere that ISN'T home. 

I've had a pet theory for awhile that josh made a break for it and the duggars are covering for him while trying to locate him. They probably leaked fake stories about him being spotted to cover. 

This is more like a conspiracy theory that I don't actually believe. 

Well, he's been absent from the spotlight since the allegations broke. I think the last time we actually saw him was the video of him at the DCA check in area, getting annoyed by the papparazzi.

4 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I've had a pet theory for awhile that josh made a break for it and the duggars are covering for him while trying to locate him. They probably leaked fake stories about him being spotted to cover. 

This is more like a conspiracy theory that I don't actually believe. 

Sticking with the theme of Conspiracy Theories We Don't Believe and Wild Speculation that We Shouldn't Take Seriously:

Josh never went to Fundie rehab.  JB was so angry about AM that he beat him up so badly that Josh was actually in the Hospital and then in a physical rehab facility. He is now slowly learning to walk again despite the severe brain damage.  He may never speak again.:my_tongue:

Maybe people haven't seen Josh because they don't recognize him? I doubt he was allowed to sit around all day eating junk food in rehab. He has probably lost a lot of weight.

He could have said "Eff your constant nagging" and bailed right about the time we *thought* he was headed to rehab.  Shaved his head and became a robe-wearing Krishna bugging people at airports (do they still do that?!)

I hope he is in the new tree house, writing his tell-all.....

We can come up with some really amusing stories on where he is or isn't - but I think upthread someone was incredibly spot on that his next public Duggar-related appearance will be motivated by a paycheck, somehow....

I honestly think it's creepy. We have not seen Josh since he went to rehab. Who knows where he actually is or what he is doing. His misdeeds linger but his physical self is yet to be seen.

Like, there is only so long someone can hide. Summer is coming up and if he is around you can bet Jim boob would be having him mow with Ben or something. It's just curious. 

I'm thinking it might not be so far fetched that Josh said 'screw you, I'm out.' Maybe he's taking Anna and the kids. Maybe he got something close to actual counseling in his rehab and learned that the way he was "trained" (i.e., brought up) is totally jacked up even among the fundie set.

Yeah, probably not, I know....

If I were Joshy, I'd be hiding too. Being outed as a child molester and unfaithful to his wife, being sent away in disgrace, I'd be hiding somewhere too. Knowing the press would love to get a pic would keep me indoors with the blinds closed. Maybe he's trying to rebond with his wife and children. Probably not.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If I were Joshy, I'd be hiding too. Being outed as a child molester and unfaithful to his wife, being sent away in disgrace, I'd be hiding somewhere too. Knowing the press would love to get a pic would keep me indoors with the blinds closed. Maybe he's trying to rebond with his wife and children. Probably not.

you just gave me the best laugh 

I doubt it 

I have no doubt that he's not allowed outside. Not at all. He spends his days indoors while JB alternately preaches to him and tears him to pieces over destroying their family. 

I don't think the reporters are hanging out in AR waiting to snap Josh's picture. If they lived in NY/CA maybe some photographer would try and follow him but with massive Duggar dislike I don't think photographers are going to sit in AR for weeks trying to see what fast food joint Josh is going to. It is not like the Duggar's have any routine. If they went to a real church every Sunday or Josh's kids went to a Christian school, I could see someone maybe waiting outside for chance to snap a pic. I don't think he is going out much but I don't think he is in a bomb shelter hiding. He doesn't work and Anna does the cooking and grocery shopping so what does he really have to do in public besides eat out?

Locals are probably don't care by now. The other day I had to talk to one of the kids from TLC (one of Kody's brood). I can say no one recognized them at the business and they looked just like they do on TV and had a name tag on.

We'll get a clue if we see Anna in tonight's episode. If they are living in Tx, she will fade from the shooting. The fact that ATI asked that no pics. be taken makes me think he went there & maybe even spoke. I don't think for a minute that he's hanging around the TTH.

I think In Touch would pay some pretty good money for a good Joshley picture--especially with Anna or significantly without Anna (proof that he's left her behind in AR) or doing hard labor.

They boosted their reputation with the molestation story and would love to keep that gravy train going.

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

We'll get a clue if we see Anna in tonight's episode. If they are living in Tx, she will fade from the shooting. The fact that ATI asked that no pics. be taken makes me think he went there & maybe even spoke. I don't think for a minute that he's hanging around the TTH.

You think Josh may have been a speaker at Big Sandy?  I don't think that is very probable. I think it is more likely that he will start his repentance tour in about a year and then he will get to speak. ;) 

Time is a great easer of scandals. (Look, he hasn't had an affair for a year. He is cured by the Holy Spirit!)

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

You think Josh may have been a speaker at Big Sandy?  I don't think that is very probable. I think it is more likely that he will start his repentance tour in about a year and then he will get to speak. ;) 

Time is a great easer of scandals. (Look, he hasn't had an affair for a year. He is cured by the Holy Spirit!)

That we know about, or the tabloids haven't published.

On 4/24/2016 at 5:04 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Remember the episode when J&A were showing the audience their honeymoon beach house? They were walking through the house hand in hand, showing the rooms and telling us which was which. In a room with a huge bed Josh told it was one of his favorite rooms and Anna looked at the camera with a half-smile and said something like "yes, it definitely is". At the time I found that a bit yucky but normal for a (fundie) couple on a honeymoon, but now that we know what we know I only find it disgusting. One has to wonder if their honeymoon was a replica of the infamous Michael and Debi Pearl honeymoon...

I remember them saying that Anna was learning Josh's likes and dislikes.

Suspect he neglected to mention a few of his "likes".

14 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Does anyone know if the TTH has a cellar?8-) Just a thought.

I'll bet he's chained in a cage somewhere and they're feeding him on a tray.  Look for wrist and ankle scars when they think it's safe for him to reappear.

4 hours ago, Mothership said:

I think In Touch would pay some pretty good money for a good Joshley picture--especially with Anna or significantly without Anna (proof that he's left her behind in AR) or doing hard labor.

They boosted their reputation with the molestation story and would love to keep that gravy train going.

That is what I was thinking.  If I were an editor for InTouch I would spread the word among the people of Tonitown that I would pay $500.00 for a clear shot of Josh with a bonus for a shot of him with family in tow. I don't think the people in town like the Duggars so it could be easy money.

6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I don't think the reporters are hanging out in AR waiting to snap Josh's picture. If they lived in NY/CA maybe some photographer would try and follow him but with massive Duggar dislike I don't think photographers are going to sit in AR for weeks trying to see what fast food joint Josh is going to. It is not like the Duggar's have any routine. If they went to a real church every Sunday or Josh's kids went to a Christian school, I could see someone maybe waiting outside for chance to snap a pic. I don't think he is going out much but I don't think he is in a bomb shelter hiding. He doesn't work and Anna does the cooking and grocery shopping so what does he really have to do in public besides eat out?

Locals are probably don't care by now. The other day I had to talk to one of the kids from TLC (one of Kody's brood). I can say no one recognized them at the business and they looked just like they do on TV and had a name tag on.

ITA.

If the media really wanted a pic of him, they would have gotten one by now. But they've probably concluded that the financial effort to get it is not worth the cash they get for such a photo/media story.

If they wanted to make sure that they get a pic, they would basically have to send people to observe all the various Duggar properties all the time. You can't just send someone out to take a quick look at the TTH, as it's not even known that Joshley is there, and even if he is, he certainly won't go out if he sees a pap standing outside for a few hours. You basically have to have people who hide in the bushes/trees all day long around various houses, and that is really expensive.

And it's not even sure that Joshley is staying in a Duggar home at all. He could also be staying with Duggar friends, or in some ATI/IBLP building or what not.

Again, the media could find that out if they were willing to pay enough money to potential informants. Those cult members are probably more reluctant to speak to ebil wordly reporters than normal people, but I'm sure that for a nice sum of cash and the guarantee that their identity will remain secret, many would eventually give out clues and tips.

The cost-benefit ratio is simply not favourable for the media (which also shows that the Duggars aren't anything more than some trashy z list celebs).

11 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

That is what I was thinking.  If I were an editor for InTouch I would spread the word among the people of Tonitown that I would pay $500.00 for a clear shot of Josh with a bonus for a shot of him with family in tow. I don't think the people in town like the Duggars so it could be easy money.

That is a likely strategy. But it's actually not that simple to get a clean shot of someone walking down the street far away from you, and the Duggars probably aren't that stupid that they let Joshley parade around town right now.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

That we know about, or the tabloids haven't published.

Well, I meant that this is what they would say next year.  I have no idea if it will be even remotely true, only that they are leaving time so they can claim he is reformed.

Probably the last thing the Duggars want is for In Touch to publish, and profit from, another scoop on Josh.  He'll be trotted out eventually, no doubt with JB's approval.  In the meanwhile, his (soiled) name is used to lure viewers to the show via Anna.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived