IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

Not only that, but the balance of power has shifted.  JB, M, and Josh always held most of the power due to gender and parental role.  But now, all three are fallen from grace.  The GIRLS and Anna are now the focus of the show, the conductors of the gravy train, and the last hope the Duggars have to prevent fading into obscurity.  In fact, Josh (and probably JB and M) isn't even the primary breadwinner anymore.  Anna is (and the girls are).  

It's true that they are very brainwashed, but even still, I think they are very much going to sense the change in power dynamics.  Everyone will say they forgive when there is nothing else they can do.  But put their assailant at their mercy, and things can...change.  

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be hard for J'chelle to have two beautiful young daughters who are fertile and starring in their own shows.

I don't think JB is going to shift in the power dynamic as much as you might think. He is still the master of like, 15 kids.

Anna getting a paycheck is an interesting development though. Especially since she basically has wanted nothing in her life except to be a stay at home mom.

8 minutes ago, HighlandCow said:

It must be hard for J'chelle to have two beautiful young daughters who are fertile and starring in their own shows.

I don't think JB is going to shift in the power dynamic as much as you might think. He is still the master of like, 15 kids.

Anna getting a paycheck is an interesting development though. Especially since she basically has wanted nothing in her life except to be a stay at home mom.

I wonder if the Duggars on the show receive individual checks? Or if the money goes to some Duggar corporation controlled by JB?

1 hour ago, Nu2Duggarville said:

I know that on camera, the family says that they love and have forgiven Josh for the Ashley Madison scandal and everything else, but do you guys think that they privately resent him for sullying their image and screwing up the TLC gravy train? 

When Anna started talking about Josh coming home the look that flashed on Jessa's face was pretty revealing.  Then she seemed to realize she was being filmed and her features softened somewhat.  I suspect, given Jessa's nature of not tolerating much, that she loathes him.  Not just for the loss of the gravy train but also for what he did to her and her sisters.  I think since becoming a mother Jessa understands that she is her son's protector against anything that might harm him.  And Josh represents the epitome of someone to be wary of.

I'm a bit wary of this tabloid story about a girl wanting to come forward about Josh- not because I don't believe it could happen, but because I can't even find it on InTouch, let alone any legit news sites. All I can find are those random trashy tabloid fake news sites.

I know how Joshgate 1 broke was originally with shady tabloids and then getting picked up by legitimate news sources

Also this doesn't necessarily mean this is a sixth victim. It could just be the non-duggar in the police report.

21 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I'm a bit wary of this tabloid story about a girl wanting to come forward about Josh- not because I don't believe it could happen, but because I can't even find it on InTouch, let alone any legit news sites. All I can find are those random trashy tabloid fake news sites.

I know how Joshgate 1 broke was originally with shady tabloids and then getting picked up by legitimate news sources

Also this doesn't necessarily mean this is a sixth victim. It could just be the non-duggar in the police report.

That's what I was thinking, that it's potentially the unnamed victim. Who knows.

I think the article is talking about the un-named 5th victim. The article says that she "is in her late 20's and she rebelled and left home as soon as she was an adult" so the molestation would have happened many years ago, not "several years ago" as the article states. I don't recall what year the molestations actually occurred.

Also, JB and Michelle meeting with her parents face-to-face? I suspect that happened as soon as they found out (years ago) and the girl was still a minor at the time with no ability to "sue" on her own. But her parents assured JB they  would not sue on her behalf. Now she is an adult and can do whatever she wants. I hope she has her ducks in a row and sues the crap outta all of them. And then writes a tell all.

2 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I think the article is talking about the un-named 5th victim. The article says that she "is in her late 20's and she rebelled and left home as soon as she was an adult" so the molestation would have happened many years ago, not "several years ago" as the article states. I don't recall what year the molestations actually occurred.

Well if we take this at face value...anyone remember the whole thing where in the interview Jessa and Jill said all the victims, including the non family girl totally forgave Josh?

Whoops.

I hope she is actually working on a tell all. People seem to have forgotten Joshua is a pervert because he is a molester, not because he is a cheater. Everyone has just forgotten andit hasn't even been a year yet 

5 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Well if we take this at face value...anyone remember the whole thing where in the interview Jessa and Jill said all the victims, including the non family girl totally forgave Josh?

Whoops.

True, but do I think that the 5th girl has ever had contact with any of the Duggars since the molestation? No, I don't. Hopefully her parents kept her as far from them as possible. But then again, I am normal...what do I know?

32 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Whoops.

Well, their religion, or what  passes for a religion, says that they MUST  forgive that slimy bas*&^d, but  in  their heart and minds, speaking of the victims here, who knows. 

Without real professional counseling if it was needed in any of the cases for the victims, they could still be suffering psychological distress. So there is forgiveness.... and then there is  recovery I would think. I know nothing. Two separate sets of feelings and responses.

Chill with the forgiveness thing for a hot minute Duggars and let people feel their feelings. 

At the risk of getting clobbered, I just have to say I think it's unfair to label Josh a "pervert" for something he did when he, himself was a minor. There's no denying he did it, and that it was wrong, but to slap that label on him is condemning him for life. we have seen no evidence that he continued that sort of behavior. No one else has come forward. As for his involvement w/AM well, he just has no moral compass.

On 4/19/2016 at 7:49 PM, socalrules said:

What does Holt do now? Is he still in politics? Big in the fundy world? I admit that I have never heard anything about him other than on FJ.

He does tree work. 

http://integritytree.us/ 

https://plus.google.com/108328083058164687383/about

https://www.facebook.com/Integrity-Tree-Care-Service-of-Northwest-Arkansas-242609569106154/

4 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Whoops.

I don't believe that for a second 

that was because Jessa was pregnant and felt like coming up with garbage in that interview 

she all of people needs the stupid show 

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

At the risk of getting clobbered, I just have to say I think it's unfair to label Josh a "pervert" for something he did when he, himself was a minor. There's no denying he did it, and that it was wrong, but to slap that label on him is condemning him for life. we have seen no evidence that he continued that sort of behavior. No one else has come forward. 

I'm here to say, unfair or not, it happens. My son is labeled a pervert ever since his transgressions, and will be called that as long as anyone from this area remembers his name.. and he actually went through REAL rehab, testing, therapy, and was labeled at low risk to reoffend... and all that happened. No evidence of more cases, no re-offending... still, he's  "child rapist".  Because someone heard it twelfth hand from someone else. My son's case is very similar to Josh's in this instance.  People gonna speculate. People gonna slander. People gonna make up stories to fill in the blanks.

Not clobbering, but.. when you sit in shit, no matter how "accidental" or "innocent", some sticks to you. And then people throw more.

Josh not a pervert?  Don't make me laugh.  He is the very personification of pervert.  What he did was to prey upon his own younger sisters for his sexual gratification.  He was nasty and that stink don't wash off.  Bad enough if he had only thought about his sisters while touching himself but he interfered with them and gave them memories that will always be there in the back of their minds.  Worse still because of their upbringing he probably made them feel guilty for what HE did to them.  He is gross and vile and calling him a pervert is the nicest thing I can say about him. 

5 hours ago, nst said:

I don't believe that for a second 

that was because Jessa was pregnant and felt like coming up with garbage in that interview 

she all of people needs the stupid show 

Or it could be that that was the party line.

I mean, I'm definitely not saying that that WASN'T Jessa or Jill's idea, but I wouldn't have put it past JB and M to have sat them down and been like "if you're asked X, you tell them Y"

JB and Michelle may have lied to the girls all along. JB may have sat them down and said to the girls "We have talked with XXX and her parents and XXX says she has forgiven Josh his sins (even if XXX and her parents haven't). If a non-family member can forgive Josh, so must you."

Who knows what has been drilled into the girls heads. Remember the girls said they didn't even remember it happening until they were told about it. They could have been told anything/everything/nothing/something had happened to them.

8 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Or it could be that that was the party line.

I mean, I'm definitely not saying that that WASN'T Jessa or Jill's idea, but I wouldn't have put it past JB and M to have sat them down and been like "if you're asked X, you tell them Y"

well she of all the people being interviewed on the MK show was the only one to say it 

Jill didn't say it 

Jessa said it loud and clear 

How ridiculous to have to go on TV with people now knowing they were molested by their brother. For all the world to see they had to talk about it. 

That is horrid. All thanks to Godbobbers and DQ.

From the police report there was a babysitter victim.

Also from the report, there was an incident that took place, off the family compound.  It's this victim, I believe, who may well be the 6th victim.  They did not interview this victim, or should I say, there was no police report showing the interview.  They did not name or number her.  So either Josh molested one of the other 5, off campus, or this is a 6th victim, at the very least.  I believe there are more, simply based on his behavior.

The police report also discussed Josh apologizing to babysitter victim.  If I remember correctly, it was a phone call, first, then a meeting of the parents with Josh and the victim, and it stated, in the report, 'she' forgave him.  I can't recall who gave that detail, but I think it was one of the older girls.

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I'm here to say, unfair or not, it happens. My son is labeled a pervert ever since his transgressions, and will be called that as long as anyone from this area remembers his name.. and he actually went through REAL rehab, testing, therapy, and was labeled at low risk to reoffend... and all that happened. No evidence of more cases, no re-offending... still, he's  "child rapist".  Because someone heard it twelfth hand from someone else. My son's case is very similar to Josh's in this instance.  People gonna speculate. People gonna slander. People gonna make up stories to fill in the blanks.

Not clobbering, but.. when you sit in shit, no matter how "accidental" or "innocent", some sticks to you. And then people throw more.

Josh was 14 and one of the girls was 5. That's not curiosity, it's perversion and bullying.

4 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Josh not a pervert?  Don't make me laugh.  He is the very personification of pervert.  What he did was to prey upon his own younger sisters for his sexual gratification.  He was nasty and that stink don't wash off.  Bad enough if he had only thought about his sisters while touching himself but he interfered with them and gave them memories that will always be there in the back of their minds.  Worse still because of their upbringing he probably made them feel guilty for what HE did to them.  He is gross and vile and calling him a pervert is the nicest thing I can say about him. 

Yep. I will say that I don't feel comfortable calling him a pedophile, since as far as we know, he hasn't molested minors since he was one. But that's the nicest thing I can say about Josh, which isn't much. 

I think Josh Duggar is absolutely a pervert. 

If you put your hands on someone else's private parts without their permission, you are a pervert. And Josh went so much further than that. If anyone thinks giving him that label is unjustified, I don't know what to tell them.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived