IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interview with John D. was incredibly awkward. No girlfriend but,  

"Keep watching.  Keep watching!  Please, please for the love of all that is holy, please keep watching our show!"

6 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Again, major kudos to Buzzard.  Not sure how you stayed awake through that drivel!

Special thanks to Cameron Hughes wine (chwine.com) and their awesome release of lot 411 today. That allowed me to drink up some of my hoard of lot 319 (my favorite wine ever) that I had been saving because its been 2 years since they released a replacement and DAMMIT I CANNOT DRINK THE LAST BOTTLE.  I drank the last bottle tonight because I ordered a case today of 411 (raise the roof hands).

52 minutes ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

Were those a pair of metal beer steins they bought for the play house? 

One hopes.

5 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Words have a different meaning in Duggarland.

Words are like wrenches.  You can hit things with them.

It is frustrating to me that Leah Remini : It's All Relative isn't coming back to TLC, but this dang show came back. I just don't know about TLC. Love or hate Leah Remini, but at least she and her family had personality.

Well, if you think that if JD, or any of them, "court", they are not dating to see how things go, but embarking on an extremely serious mission to potentially right out of the gate marry the person. That is way too much pressure. So, they are all just hanging about. That is my brilliant theory anyway.

You know the show is dying when the 'haters' aren't even 'hating' on it.

My guess of the viewership will be right around 1 million, maybe a smidgen more.

Gotta love you Buzzard and all of those who help. Having recently moved to a place where cable is insanely expensive, a monopoly and mostly doesn't work, I don't get to indulge my admittedly sick obsession. I have noticed that if I want to buy an episode of "Counting On" it was available for $5.99 per episode. Now it's $1.99  per episode. Hope that means something.

4 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Gotta love you Buzzard and all of those who help. Having recently moved to a place where cable is insanely expensive, a monopoly and mostly doesn't work, I don't get to indulge my admittedly sick obsession. I have noticed that if I want to buy an episode of "Counting On" it was available for $5.99 per episode. Now it's $1.99  per episode. Hope that means something.

Single episodes of anything have pretty much always been $1.99 on Amazon (or $2.99 for HD sometimes if available). Where on earth was charging $5.99???

33 minutes ago, nst said:

What we learned tonight

JD doesn’t live at home

Jinger’s car buyer was at the shower

The girls like  to shop together

Sierra and Joy are best friends since joy was 12  and Sierra was 20

DQ and JB went to see J& D

This show is more boring than the older one

No, they just said that JD HAS a home. They never clarified that he LIVED in it. They're cagey like that, hoping people aren't really listening to what actually comes out of their mouths. 

How is it that Sierra planned a much nicer baby shower for some random chick she met a taco shop than any of the Duggar weddings, showers or parties we have seen her do for the show?  I think it is more an economy of scale- the Duggars insist on inviting as many people as possible for their gift grabs and the end result is a watered down event.  

Sierra drives me nuts but she does seem to be a hard worker.  Funny that she uses the Duggars commercial equipment for her party food prep.  I hope she cleans it first! 

Also, I have been to the kitchen boutique they visited and it is awesome.  I don't think the Duggars will be shopping there much because it is in the expensive side and the tools are geared towards people who actually cook. 

Hmmm- Ben is "really good friends" with a Christian rapper?  I'm sure JB does not approve- the Duggars didn't even listen to contemporary Christian music that had the "Devils beat" and now they are okay with religious rap?  Maybe Jessa wore a tinfoil hat and some ear plugs to protect her soul from mind control......

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa TH - Joy has been working with sierra for 5 years now on different projects (HUH?). It started out that they had a really awesome kitchen and she wanted to use it.... JOy tagged along dipping strawberries, she loves it... and they are "like" best friends.

I really hope this isn't true. Five years ago, Joy would have been what... about thirteen years old? She should have been focusing on her schoolwork and getting an education, not being unpaid (or possibly under the table) labor for an adult's business ventures. 

Attention, Duggar family: When we say you guys need to get jobs, we mean the adults, not the minor children!

I'm also concerned if Joy and Sierra have really been "best friends" for that long. Positive mentoring relationships are awesome for kids and different-age friendships are fine, but they do not replace the experience of same-age peer interactions for the child or the adult having an emotional support network appropriate to their life stage.

Fortunately it's probably all made up for the episode anyway.

If JD is living in his own house, I hope that he is downing a few brewskis each evening and playing Call to Duty or another MMRPG.

You know, I only watched this tonight because I needed distraction tonight from the ironing (which I hate,) but I don't think I can do it again.  That was stupid and boring and an insult to my alleged intelligence.  Not worth it. 

Commercials for Nova Scotia, Canada:  The Boss, Credit Repair Pros, WWF, Mother's Day, Match.com, Quit Your Day Job - Oxygen, The Jungle Book, American Idol - Fox, RAINN, Fruitocracy, The Huntsman's Winter War, and Angel Care Ins. Services.

Christ on a cracker... these people. Some deep thoughts about this episode, because it was so boring. If you have to create a scene of a scavenger hunt to find Jennifer's glasses, you are really scraping the bottom of the scripted scene barrel TLC. Even Jenni wanted none of it. She sat in the corner and looked at old pictures. She was so over it.  Then, Sierra said something about always including men in baby showers because if they weren't there, people would just stare at each other awkwardly. There's nothing wrong with having guys and girls at a baby shower, but what kind of awkward ass baby showers have you been to, Sierra? I loved seeing the RAINN commercial, but I missed the Gay for Play one, dammit. Ben, the #poetlaureate better have some EMBARASSING scenes next week to make up for all the previous episodes this season. On a positive note, tonight, my mom told me she refuses to watch the Duggars because they disgust her.

Hearing that there are RAINN commercials on this particular brand of television makes me quite happy. That could really be a lifeline for someone who has experienced abuse and doesn't know how/where to get support. I'm mostly disappointed in advertisers getting in on the show, but that one makes perfect sense and could have a truly positive effect.

My favorite part of the episode: One of the older boys being shown walking on one of the loose "treehouse" poles a good 15 ft in the air and JD yelling for him not to do that, and in his TH says "we don't have insurance for stupidity".

Oh, my giddy aunt! I'm watching the second showing of Counting On (first was opposite Dance Moms--an embarrassment of riches!) and I just saw Sierra and Joy make a hash of their sugar cookies. Seriously, sugar cookies, even "legit and detailed" sugar cookies aren't rocket science.

Icing cookies like that isn't that hard. If they can color in a coloring book (or apply eyeliner!) they can get the hang of icing those cookies. I really hope they were playing dumb for the camera, otherwise they shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects.

After reading tonight's comments I really am beginning to wonder if the Duggars have been played.  I've read that some people think Jim Bob has something on TLC and that is why the show returned in a different format.  Is that possible?  I can't find another credible explanation because it seems like TLC put almost no effort into making this anything other than a deliberate disaster.  It's so awful I can't even find anything to snark on.  It doubles down on their boring, repetitive lives that that seem anything but spontaneous or natural.  It's exactly like a parody of how they are perceived by their critics. 

Maybe this was meant to be for their fans who are easily entertained.  I'm afraid you could show them 45 minutes of a still photo of the Duggers and they'd still tune in.   

30 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Then, Sierra said something about always including men in baby showers because if they weren't there, people would just stare at each other awkwardly. There's nothing wrong with having guys and girls at a baby shower, but what kind of awkward ass baby showers have you been to, Sierra?

Yeah, these people must attend some really bizarre social gatherings.

The majority of baby showers I have attended within my own social circle have not been gender-segregated. That's because celebrating a new life that will soon come into the world and wanting to support the parents-to-be is not unique to women, but rather is something that male friends also want to partake in.

It has absolutely nothing to do with it being "awkward" without males present or that women have nothing to talk about with each other in the absence of men. That's just... such a strange idea that it's hard for me to even parse what their events must be like.

4 minutes ago, Carol said:

After reading tonight's comments I really am beginning to wonder if the Duggars have been played.  I've read that some people think Jim Bob has something on TLC and that is why the show returned in a different format.  Is that possible?  I can't find another credible explanation because it seems like TLC put almost no effort into making this anything other than a disaster.  This is so awful I can't even find anything to snark on.  It doubles down on their boring, repetitive lives that that seem anything but spontaneous or natural.  It's exactly like a parody of how they are perceived by their critics. 

Maybe this was meant to be for their fans who are easily entertained.  I'm afraid you could show them 45 minutes of a still photo of the Duggers and they'd still tune in.   

I am also wondering what is up with TLC - clearly the humpers are all a glow - on facebook etc 

but this is just wrong and horrible television

Beyond their repetitive lives - they are unoriginal and insufferable.  And Jill is nowhere to be seen so it's fraud based on that aspect as well. 

the duggars should go do you tube videos - perhaps the humpers will be entertained then  

16 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

My favorite part of the episode: One of the older boys being shown walking on one of the loose "treehouse" poles a good 15 ft in the air and JD yelling for him not to do that, and in his TH says "we don't have insurance for stupidity".

I honestly thought that was Ben walking on the poles. lolololol.....talk about stupidity

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived