IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting On - Part 4

choralcrusader8613

"Joy and Sierra have been best friends for years."? Joy is 18. WTF is a grown married woman with children doing being best friends with a teenager? I know Duggars don't really understand what "friend" means, but this is too much even for them.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

"Joy and Sierra have been best friends for years."? Joy is 18. WTF is a grown married woman with children doing being best friends with a teenager? I know Duggars don't really understand what "friend" means, but this is too much even for them.

Christ, what a horrible role model for Joy

I think people of all ages can be friends.

But these two? It just seems strange to me. And if they are besties...why have we rarely seen them interact until now? 

4 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think people of all ages can be friends.

But these two? It just seems strange to me. And if they are besties...why have we rarely seen them interact until now? 

I agree that people of all ages can be friends, but given what different "seasons of life" Joy and Sierra are in at the moment, I'm not sure what they have in common to talk about. Gothardism seems to implicitly teach that you can only be friends with people who are exactly like you, including being the same sex and being in the same "season of life." Maybe Sierra's assertiveness is appealing to Joy. But who knows if they're really friends or not. Maybe she's considered Joy's friend because all the older J'girls have to do things as a bloc and everyone who tags along is a "friend" even if you barely know the person/people.

It's not even the role model issue or age difference, exactly. It's how stupid they sound every time they think they're saying something sweet and noncontroversial that viewers would find endearing. Joy and Sierra are *best* friends? For *years?* It's just funny how Jessa is so damn ignorant that she thinks that 1)that sounds plausible and 2)not weird. For that to be true it would mean that  an adult married woman with at least 2 children became best friends with a young teenager who's never left her home by herself. It's like the Duggars still haven't figured out that words mean things. She couldn't just say that Joy and Sierra get along really well; that they have a lot of interests in common (yeah, right); that they have similar personalities. No, because if all that is good, "best friends for years" must be better.

These people seriously need an improv class.

On April 3, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Mothership said:

My provider calls it new, but they also show it as "Jill and Jessa Counting On-Recout".   Fancy way of saying rerun and still getting to count new viewers!

Are they recounting to find the hanging chads? Yeah, yeah, I'm going to the prayer closet. 

image.jpeg

I just watched the preview. I really don't understand what's going on. Sierra seems baffled by the stand mixer as though she's never used one before. Is melting chocolate really all she can do? And if Joy is such a good baker, why did they assign her to make something she wasn't confident with just a few episodes back (mashed potatoes at the fall feast, when she could have made the rolls instead)?

Is that lady the one with the confusing cookies that Sierra partnered with? Is this the shower those cookies were for? Are we going to get an explanation about the cookie shapes on this episode?

29 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I mean, when I was 16 I worked in a community theatre and considered a lot of the older actors/tech people I worked with my friends, but we weren't BFFs. We got along well, we could talk about lots of stuff, we hung out together a lot because that's the nature of theatre, but we weren't braiding each other's hair and talking about Orlando Bloom or whatever. It would be really weird if that was the sort of friendship dynamic we had.

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

It's so sad that she says she's trying to to grow out of wanting to be with her brothers. :(

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

My thought is they probably press good women role models on the girls and call it friendship...

Sierra started out being Anna's friend who helped plan birthday parties and weddings. Then, she became Jessa's friend in pregnancy. Now, she's Joy's best friend? No wonder Sierra "chooses Joy" whenever she's stressed out with her five warrior blessings from God.

22 hours ago, barbecutie said:

I think the usage of Ma'am/Sir when speaking to someone is a Southern thing. I work part-time for Nielsen doing phone surveys and I notice I get a lot of "yes ma'am, no ma'am" when I call the more Southern or East Coast States. If you're not used to to hearing it, It does sound weird and a little passive aggressive. 

I am from Tx. When I first started working a lady insisted is was "Yes, Madam."  My co-worker had to explain to me that Madam was the proper form of Ma'am and not that she was a madame. 

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

I have to disagree a bit here. I grew up in the South (albeit Tennessee, not Arkansas) and I find it very odd for a child to refer to a sibling as "ma'am" or "sir." It's very common for children to call adults that, or for adults to use it toward each other, but I've never heard of a child using it toward another child in the family unless they were being sarcastic.

So I actually don't think that's a Southern thing so much as a Duggar family blurring the line between parents and siblings thing.

We've done it in my family. I see it as respecting a person of power. Like when my younger cousin was running booth and I was working** for her, I said yes ma'am if she asked me to do something.

**Supervising her and the other teens with the hand tools but giving the illusion she was in charge because she was voted to be leader of that booth. 

SO...

Sierra has been Anna's BFF

Sierra has been Jessa's friend

And now, she purportedly has been Joy's friend for years?

Can TLC not remember the shit they shill or have shilled?

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

SO...

Sierra has been Anna's BFF

Sierra has been Jessa's friend

And now, she purportedly has been Joy's friend for years?

Can TLC not remember the shit they shill or have shilled?

she is a plot point 

it's all not true 

hold the phone 

go look at Sierra's instagram- even she is buying this shit 

On 4/2/2016 at 8:02 PM, HereticHick said:

Oh, give Sierra time; she will convict Mrs. Young to wear pants full time soon enough.

Everytime I hear "Tacos4Life" I hope that the restaurant staff all have gangland tattoos of that across their biceps.

Tacos has been a favorite food of mine.    However, the idea of having tacos is now forever tainted by picturing Binwit slobbering his tacos and this tacos for life crapola.  

I'm very sad that I will never enjoy tacos in the same way ever again. 

:taco:

I'm sticking this here so I dont forget it, but this may warrant its own thread.  I rewatched last week's episode and jinger refers to the mechanic pastor as "Pastor Caldwell."  Google brings up Paul Caldwell of Lighthouse Baptist Church.  The images appear to be the same guy... but here's the kicker

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents

This MF sent people DOOR TO DOOR to hand out pamphlets "clarifying" the truth about how God feels about LGBT people... The images of the pamphlet are in the link.  This dude is a massive douche! How appropriate that not only is he chummy with the Duggars, but they're pimping him on the show!

Really TLC?  You cant even air a "clean" episode without allowing them to include some sort of hate message?

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm sticking this here so I dont forget it, but this may warrant its own thread.  I rewatched last week's episode and jinger refers to the mechanic pastor as "Pastor Caldwell."  Google brings up Paul Caldwell of Lighthouse Baptist Church.  The images appear to be the same guy... but here's the kicker

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents

This MF sent people DOOR TO DOOR to hand out pamphlets "clarifying" the truth about how God feels about LGBT people... The images of the pamphlet are in the link.  This dude is a massive douche! How appropriate that not only is he chummy with the Duggars, but they're pimping him on the show!

Really TLC?  You cant even air a "clean" episode without allowing them to include some sort of hate message?

Do you think the news station, low key, left Pastor Caldwell's phone number in those pictures hoping people will call him?? 

1 minute ago, nst said:

who has to practice making cookies ? 

this is insane

I'm guessing the Duggars. :)

Or Sierra. 

five years of being best friends 

so a 21 year old and a 12 year old 

maybe in their world - but strange none the less

who will be the centre of next week's episode

this is pure garbage

1 minute ago, BunnyBee said:

Is this Sierra's episode, or Joy's.....

I've already forgot

their best friends and sisters does it matter and Sierra is her role model and mentor

blech 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived