IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- General Discussion Part 18

samurai_sarah

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Josh has been out of the house for 8 years. I don't think the computers were in that room 8 years ago.

Here is a screen shot for the special of when the moved into the house.  It had AV equipment and at least one computer behind Josh. Definitely no bed though.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 12.40.24 PM.png

Also watching this I see there was row of computers at a desk in the loft on the girls side of the catwalk.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The Duggars also have a guest house somewhere nearby. Not exactly sure where though.

I am very curious about where Tabitha, the live-in tutor, sleeps. Girls room? Guest house? That weird room Ben lived in?

The lean to in the back yard? The garden shed? The branches tied together to form walls that let in much light?

I'm just teasing you Clara Oswin because I want your opinion on the Nauglers! 

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The Duggars also have a guest house somewhere nearby. Not exactly sure where though.

I am very curious about where Tabitha, the live-in tutor, sleeps. Girls room? Guest house? That weird room Ben lived in?

The guest house is this white warehouse at the front of the property.  I'm pretty sure the room Ben stayed in was in here, just in an unfinished part of it.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 1.05.38 PM.png

18 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

The lean to in the back yard? The garden shed? The branches tied together to form walls that let in much light?

I'm just teasing you Clara Oswin because I want your opinion on the Nauglers! 

Not sure when I'll take the plunge down that rabbit hole. I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the Duggar threads half the time.

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

The guest house is this white warehouse at the front of the property.  I'm pretty sure the room Ben stayed in was in here, just in an unfinished part of it.

I don't know why I thought that there was an actual house in addition to the place where Ben's room was.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Not sure when I'll take the plunge down that rabbit hole. I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the Duggar threads half the time.

I don't know why I thought that there was an actual house in addition to the place where Ben's room was.

Thank you all for your patience with me :) I had no idea there was a spiral staircase in the dining room, for some reason once my memory was jogged I pictured it more in an edge of the house (laundry room could have been a smart location). Also, I assume that the "Goodbye Room" now includes that big desk where Jana screens mail...

I think that's the same warehouse they've shown for where they do interviews and photos. It's probably profoundly useful for them, I wouldn't be surprised if there are considerable living quarters inside.

I never got more e-mail from the Duggars begging people to watch the show every week and for other crap. I must have gotten on the mailing list years ago.

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

If you do chose to get mixed up in the Naugler mess, Blessed little blog is a good place to start. It has lots of references and facts. 10 kids at home, mostly homebirths with full birthing pictures, the shitshack, lawsuits. I was also curious what you had to say.

12 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is this a joke? I am not familiar with this family. If it's not a joke.....wow.

If you venture down that path, I would strongly suggest avoiding like the plague any of her birthing entries/videos/pics. Unless you have a super strong stomach.

12 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

This is not accurate. If you go back and watch the Ben moving in episode where they "decorate" his room, you can see its hidden in a warehouse/garage. 

The guest house is a ranch style trailer sized home directly behind the Duggars tin mansion. Using the search function will turn up tons of aerial photos and even an in-depth comparison of Ben's room and the guest house, as the boys filmed a Duggar Studios video editing the scenes together to make it appear they're in the same building. They aren't though. 

20 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is this a joke? I am not familiar with this family. If it's not a joke.....wow.

Great rabbit hole!!  Check out the main snark page.

8 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

If you venture down that path, I would strongly suggest avoiding like the plague any of her birthing entries/videos/pics. Unless you have a super strong stomach.

The birth photos, including her pooping on the baby as it comes out, is *special*

1 hour ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

Great rabbit hole!!  Check out the main snark page.

The birth photos, including her pooping on the baby as it comes out, is *special*

You've convinced me

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

You've convinced me

::uploading alcohol and bleach::

14 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Where are these mysterious pictures? I would like to see them.

6 minutes ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

Okay, i guess pooping during labour is natural and normal, and fuck, you've pushed a human through a very small hole, you have the right to take a comfortable shit. But what is the deal with the placenta pictures? Is like taking a picture of a kidney after a surgery, i don't get the romanticization of it

On 4/19/2016 at 8:17 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with photos of your parents in your room. But...it's him, by himself, and it's an older picture. That's what makes it a little strange to me.

After Jill got married she made a comment to Derick that Joy took over her bed. I'm sure the little ones sleep in the beds with the older ones. So weird.

I bolded

So - the picture:   That is a reminder that BIG DADDY is watching you so no hanky panky under the blankets (they don't use sheets, right?) by yourself.    Because he and Jebus will KNOW and you will go to hell in a hand basket.  

Also, it could be a reminder that he was a dirty bird and kissed Mommy (and maybe a bit more????)  before they were married so don't let some sweet talking guy steal any pieces of your heart. 

5 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I bolded

So - the picture:   That is a reminder that BIG DADDY is watching you so no hanky panky under the blankets (they don't use sheets, right?) by yourself.    Because he and Jebus will KNOW and you will go to hell in a hand basket.  

Also, it could be a reminder that he was a dirty bird and kissed Mommy (and maybe a bit more????)  before they were married so don't let some sweet talking guy steal any pieces of your heart. 

I feel like living in a room with 10 girls with some very little and potentially climbing into my bed would be enough for me to never want to do that. I would definitely not need a framed pic of my dad looking over me. But maybe they were hedging their bets. Plus I thought they believed that girls don't really have a sex drive. I'd probably pick the shower to do any exploration.

Do they have tubs in the house? Or just showers? I would assume they do somewhere for the wee babes. We took tubs until we were old enough to shower by ourselves. But are the older girls allowed to take baths? I doubt it. Too much frivolous alone time where bad thoughts could creep in.

25 minutes ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

That had the whole fam damily in there watching. 

Sorry, but I never thought giving birth was a spectator sport. 

Besides, that house doesn't look all that clean.   Toilet paper sitting out there?   Why?   

26 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

But what is the deal with the placenta pictures? Is like taking a picture of a kidney after a surgery, i don't get the romanticization of it

Exactly, I've never gotten that either. It's medical waste. You don't need it as a pregnancy souvenir, because you know what makes an even better pregnancy souvenir? The baby.

Wow--just went down the Naugler rabbit hole.  

I think I need to go look at kittens playing the piano or something now.

Thanks FJ!

ETA: Just a Naugler note:  they're living off the grid, but they put a disposable diaper on their newborn?

I don't know if this has been covered - they are on the cover In Touch again with another victim

didn't read it 

didn't buy it

didn't take one for team

:D

I hate that children are drug into these dream fantasy nightmare lives that their idiot parents conjure up. That "homestead" house was no child's dream place to grow up. You want to drop out of society, fine, but don't drag double digit kids AND COUNTING along with you.

Even the mom was bitching about how lousy it was in for a good long time.

Something else that i realized about the baby count, whoever has the biggest family gets the TTH so its good incentive to have as many babies as possible. Not to mention they have incredibly competitive spirits. First one to 15 kids wins. And go!

1 hour ago, nst said:

I don't know if this has been covered - they are on the cover In Touch again with another victim

didn't read it 

didn't buy it

didn't take one for team

:D

Went and read it. Says the parents talked to her parents when the original scandal broke and they assured the Duggars they wouldn't sue but nothing legal in place. Hints at a possible tell all and says whatever happened to her at the time left her emotional scarred. Says she rebelled once she was an adult and has left home.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived