IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- General Discussion Part 18

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, patsymae said:

So on the Duggar blog it's one of the jboy's birthday and jboob jc hello and I think jinger made a video. Jboob says "I can't believe you're 16 and never been kissed." 

WTF is with this guy?

And if they had been kissed they'd be shipped off to Jebus Jail to ''repent'

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, patsymae said:

So on the Duggar blog it's one of the jboy's birthday and jboob jc hello and I think jinger made a video. Jboob says "I can't believe you're 16 and never been kissed." 

WTF is with this guy?

That's disgusting. 

Jim Jong Boob must not have gotten a kiss at 16 either, so he feels the need to rub it in because he never grew past that schoolyard bully attitude. I remember him doing something similar to Joseph.

I don't understand the purpose of the never been kissed comment. Is he rubbing in the fact that his son isn't married? After all jb made the no kissing till marriage rule. So is he mocking his son for not having a girl, even though if the boy had kissed he would have been punished? Is it that he can't believe he hasn't been courted and married yet? Is he trying to show pride in his son for waiting till marriage?  

Or is this just a way to advertise their weird beliefs, and he made it super awkward?  

Im just really confused by the "I can't believe" part. What's not to believe? If you haven't married him off yet then of course he hasn't kissed. 

2 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I don't understand the purpose of the never been kissed comment. Is he rubbing in the fact that his son isn't married? After all jb made the no kissing till marriage rule. So is he mocking his son for not having a girl, even though if the boy had kissed he would have been punished? Is it that he can't believe he hasn't been courted and married yet? Is he trying to show pride in his son for waiting till marriage?  

Or is this just a way to advertise their weird beliefs, and he made it super awkward?  

Im just really confused by the "I can't believe" part. What's not to believe? If you haven't married him off yet then of course he hasn't kissed. 

I think it's the part I bolded. Look at us, we shelter and brainwash our kids, and so far it's working!!1!1!!11!

And the "I can't believe it" is because JB is a dumb ass. 

There's a song from the 1930s, "Sweet 16 and Never Been Kissed", but now it's a cliche saying. I think he was trying to be witty, not necessarily creepy.

I think JB has a bullying relationship with his sons, and what better time than birthdays to humiliate them?  Lots of people are watching and the sons aren't allowed to show any disrespect (such as telling Daddy where he can put his "jokes").  The same line was used on Joseph some years back.

Given what has gone on under his roof, one would think that JB would see the value of positive reinforcement for desired behaviors - not goading.

27 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think JB has a bullying relationship with his sons, and what better time than birthdays to humiliate them?  Lots of people are watching and the sons aren't allowed to show any disrespect (such as telling Daddy where he can put his "jokes").  The same line was used on Joseph some years back.

Given what has gone on under his roof, one would think that JB would see the value of positive reinforcement for desired behaviors - not goading.

Yes I've always thought there was a bullying relationship with the boys. Or maybe not bullying, but he seems to have this alpha dog complex and gets jealous seeing the other boys coming up. Hence the creepy mini golf leg humping. He may as well have pissed all over the golf course. 

Jimbob is just so fucking gross. I can't even with this guy. I stopped watching 19KAC because he literally made my skin crawl. He's the living embodiment of some gross excrement.

1 hour ago, Denim Jumper said:

There's a song from the 1930s, "Sweet 16 and Never Been Kissed", but now it's a cliche saying. I think he was trying to be witty, not necessarily creepy.

This was my first thought as well. JB comes off as creepy to me fairly often, but "Sweet sixteen and never been kissed" is a pretty standard phrase, or so I thought. I'm the queen of outdated colloquialisms, so this could be one that's fallen out of general use without my noticing.

24 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

This was my first thought as well. JB comes off as creepy to me fairly often, but "Sweet sixteen and never been kissed" is a pretty standard phrase, or so I thought. I'm the queen of outdated colloquialisms, so this could be one that's fallen out of general use without my noticing.

Even though it is likely that it is a cliche reference, in their family hyper-sexualised context it is still a creepy thing to say. Also it is strange he even wants to use this reference, because it is a very 'worldly' expression of how people outside of Duggarland talk about kissing, and why would he want to sow doubts in the hearts of his sons about the perfection of Gothard style romance? 

I think it is his own creepy, repressed, controlling sexuality coming out. Seriously if I was a kid of his, I could think of no better way to get back for all this creepiness by publically embracing a celibate life. And then write books about how great it is.

Upon further reflection, I realized I've always thought that JB has a mean sense of humor. So he probably was getting in a little dig disguised as a dad joke. "Look at me, I get to kiss all the time and make babies. Bet you wish you were me!"

Didn't JB push one of his sons out of the way when they were playing paintball or something?  Yes, he is very competitive with his boys.

I just had to correct my spelling. I typed sins instead of sons. :laughing-rofl:

14 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Agreed. On my 16th birthday my mom wrote "Sweet 16 and Never Been Kissed (?)" on my birthday card.

3 hours ago, MarcyMM said:

Agreed. On my 16th birthday my mom wrote "Sweet 16 and Never Been Kissed (?)" on my birthday card.

This wasn't creepy when I teased my sister this way--although, I believe I made it into a question.  It does seem creepy IMO when it's said by a parent who believes in purity rings and emphasizes the whole pieces of your heart crap.   Why would he think it was funny to remind them/tease themm about his own questionable courtship rules.  It would however be REALLY funny, if one of them responded, why actually, I have been kissed--end enjoyed it.

Yeah, my mom put the question mark there because she was pretty sure I had been kissed. Why would Dumb Bob even bring it up when they're not allowed to? Although they have tried to sell us on the point that they let the kids courting decide what their boundaries would be.

Oh yes, they make their own courting rules. Thatt's why Michelle had a fit when Jill met Derick at the airport and they front hugged. Silly Duggars. Once you've said it on camera or the internet, it's there for ever.

On 4/25/2016 at 9:25 PM, Shiny said:

Yes I've always thought there was a bullying relationship with the boys. Or maybe not bullying, but he seems to have this alpha dog complex and gets jealous seeing the other boys coming up. Hence the creepy mini golf leg humping. He may as well have pissed all over the golf course. 

Maybe the alpha dog thing is why he wants to support the boys forever (not sure if that's ever been claimed by them, but he's really done nothing to promote them actually going out on their own, away from his support). It definitely seems like he wants to control them forever. If a son made off better in life than JimBoob that would be unforgivable. Which is very sad. Parents should want their children to do better than they have!

JimBoob is obviously thinking with his pride rather than his head if he thinks he can support everyone forever. With that many children and who knows how many possible descendants?!

17 hours ago, Trynn said:

To me it's the "I can't believe" part that's confusing. I'm well aware of the phrase.,

Right.  It is if he is saying "Yes we have this rule about no kissing until the wedding but I wonder why  you haven't broken the rules yet."  It is a challenge to their manhood, a little dig, as though JB is thinking that he certainly broke that rule-- why haven't his sons?  It is as if for years he has been telling his sons not to eat cookies and now he is wondering why they didn't have the gumption to steal and eat some cookies.

Gothard and the other IFB leaders promised that you could raise children and not have any rebellious teens.  All you had to do was break their spirit and cut off all connection to the outside world (public school, non-family friends, organized sports,TV, popular music, etc.)  It worked but the results are these children coming of age now ARE broken.  They lack drive, they lack curiosity, they lack the ability to interact with world as adults.  They are stunted.  Obedient but struggling with independence.  It has been a really terrible social experiment and I think even the parents are a bit bewildered as to why their young men are not go-getters.

I see the "sweet sixteen and never been kissed" as JB teasing his sons for their inexperience ("he he he, some day you'll catch up, son!") and boasting of his daughters' purity, which JB of course claims ownership of. The fact that  their lack physical intimacy and healthy sexual exploration is due to rigid and obsessive parental enforcement and has seriously stunted his children, contributed to his son molesting his daughters, and been a disaster for going on 2 out of 3 marriages, well that's of no moment. It's not cute or funny. It's just gross. And sad, but mostly gross. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived