IGNORED

Counting On (everyone being civil in...) - part 2

HerNameIsBuffy

16 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Does the video at the link I posted have the entire interview you watched or was there more???

that is the whole interview

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

If you're using the seat belt the harness height doesn't matter.  But i prefer to harness as long  as possible, at least in our main vehicle.  I think they have to be 4 at least before you can use the belt, although the law varies by state.  Most kids aren't physically ready, or mature enough, for a belt, even with a high backed booster, until much later than that.  The britax frontier has the longest harness capabilities of all the current ff seats on the market, so that's what we moved to when she outgrew her convertible.  Our convertible went to 40 lbs rf i believe, but she outgrew it around 35 lbs, height wise.

Our original convertible was the Evenflo Symphony and he outgrew it (RFing) by height a month or so ago. (Actually he may have outgrown it before as the manual wording confused me. Thankfully all is well now.) We purchased the Graco Milestone because it's rear facing height will basically never be reached. It goes up to 40 pounds. I don't think any RF one goes higher than that. He's around 32 pounds now, I think so we've got a while. He, unfortunately, kind of hates the new seat. It seems to have less leg room than his previous seat and it makes him a bit angry. I know the harnessed booster goes up to something like 65 pounds so I'm sure the limit with the harness height is pretty good. He should be in it will past age 4, I imagine.

14 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I was just curious about the *sigh* at the beginning. Made it seem like it was sad that she quit breastfeeding or something.

The only thing reason I would be surprised about them stopping breastfeeding early is that formula is super expensive and they are super cheap. I wonder if they are the type of morons that would water it down to save money.

I think my *sigh* was probably more in thinking "Really?  She's going to another country?  At this time?  She's leaving her baby home?  [Which we haven't confirmed.] And as a result of her going, she'll have to stop breastfeeding?"  Then, I believe an eye roll probably accompanied that.  I agree with you that their thriftiness (super cheapness) would cause me to think that they'd want to nurse as long as possible.  People can have whatever opinion they want about  BF but you gotta admit, it's free, always ready, always the right temperature, and portable.  It sure was convenient for me.   Maybe not so much for others.

All in all, I guess--totally my own opinion--that if you want to go on a mission and paint little girls fingernails but you have a baby at home and, perhaps, don't intend to take him with you AND you're nursing him, you might postpone that trip for a bit in the interest of the baby.  It would appear that Jessa is putting her own interests ahead of Spud's.  Again--just my opinion and observation.  I DO wonder, however, if she's taking Spud and intends to visit Jill and family while she's out.

I am sure she would take the baby. I mean, they seem to treat their babies like accessories but I imagine they love the attention they get from them. I'd be surprised if she didn't bring him with.

11 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Our original convertible was the Evenflo Symphony and he outgrew it (RFing) by height a month or so ago. (Actually he may have outgrown it before as the manual wording confused me. Thankfully all is well now.) We purchased the Graco Milestone because it's rear facing height will basically never be reached. It goes up to 40 pounds. I don't think any RF one goes higher than that. He's around 32 pounds now, I think so we've got a while. He, unfortunately, kind of hates the new seat. It seems to have less leg room than his previous seat and it makes him a bit angry. I know the harnessed booster goes up to something like 65 pounds so I'm sure the limit with the harness height is pretty good. He should be in it will past age 4, I imagine.

There are a few seats on the market that go to 50 lbs, or even 55 rf i believe. Not sure which ones at the moment. But they are pricey.  Sounds like you'll be able to rf for awhile :) I hope he adjusts to the seat soon.  the frontier harnesses to 60 lbs i believe, so i'm guessing, even with the 19" harness height, she'll outgrow the harness before the weight. But by then she'll be ok with the seat belt i'm sure. 

Even if i believed in god, and his plan, i believe he can't go around protecting everybody from everything and expects us to do some of that for ourselves, thank you.

Jessa - “I think in the midst of what we were walking through, there definitely have to be periods where you're like, ‘I don't want cameras around.’”

As seen in The Kelly File (2015), Breaking The Silence (2015), Jill and Jessa: Counting On (2015), The 5 Day Adoption (2016), Counting On (2016) and awkward baby name explanation vids everywhere!

I have a fundy light friend. She starts solid foods super early, like 3 months. And claims her first and second born were both on "table food" only by 7/8 months. So no breastfeeding, and didn't get formula.  Just cows milk and "table food" for them i guess.  I wonder if the duggars do something like that?  Most people seem aware that babies need formula or breast milk for the first year, even non parents. But some dont' seem to get that memo, and i bet the duggars are in that category.  I doubt she'd stop breastfeeding and switch to only solids this young, that would be very dangerous.  I bet he's still nursing.  BUT i wouldn't be surprised if he was expected to graduate to only solids before a year. We've seen michelle spoon feeding baby's mush at a very young age.

50 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

There are a few seats on the market that go to 50 lbs, or even 55 rf i believe. Not sure which ones at the moment. But they are pricey.  Sounds like you'll be able to rf for awhile :) I hope he adjusts to the seat soon.  the frontier harnesses to 60 lbs i believe, so i'm guessing, even with the 19" harness height, she'll outgrow the harness before the weight. But by then she'll be ok with the seat belt i'm sure. 

Even if i believed in god, and his plan, i believe he can't go around protecting everybody from everything and expects us to do some of that for ourselves, thank you.

The Frontier harnesses to 85 lbs, (or 90 now , possibly) and is a booster until 120. 

On March 14, 2016 at 7:16 AM, DuggarWatch said:

Thanks for posting! Had a good chuckle with my morning coffee. 

The whole laundry discussion was funny for so many reasons. And the most interesting thing about that segment was hearing them all laugh about it. I can't remember ever seeing them have a genuine laugh on camera.

I posted this on another thread. But I think the Duggar women/girls would do well to read it.

http://www.thebolde.com/13-fucks-stop-giving-youre-grown-woman/

At some point, you reach an age where you can’t possibly, even if you tried, give any less of a fuck. You’re done with worrying about what others think, adhering to stupid-ass rules prescribed by stupid ass-people, and you realize who you want in your inner circle and who you want banished forever and ever. It’s not that you’ve become a cantankerous bitch in your older years, but just that you’ve lived long enough to be fucking over pretty much everything. In other words, you simply have no more fucks to give. Are you to that point in your life? Have you been fortunate enough to have reached the ultimate status of having no more fucks to give? If so, then you’ll know these 13 fucks you stop giving to be true. - See more at: http://www.thebolde.com/13-fucks-stop-giving-youre-grown-woman/#sthash.IDPSlYuP.dpuf

More at link......a must read!

I have been here off and on for about a year. When I first started watching the specials I really loved this family. I knew something might be 'off', but I never knew what. I watched the show and specials though out the years, but wonder if I should just be done. They are so fake and I don't even know if I find it funny anymore... just sad. They need so much attention.

Has anyone ever compared numbers to when 19 kids and counting aired and the Bates show to see if they bring in the same amount of numbers?

If I have directv will my viewing of the show count towards viewership?

Thanks everyone. Hope all of you are well

Just got to watch the GMA thing. Ben pontificating at the beginning with no sound was hilarious. I guess GMA didn't find him interesting, either. So, Joshy isn't going to be on the show? Yes he is, he's the elephant in the room. He will always be there, although not paid. Still, Anna will get paid, and he's always the headship.

I have never got over Jill and Jessa on Fox, saying that the molestation was no big deal. I think it was a much bigger deal for their younger sisters, and should not have been dismissed so lightly. Go away, Duggars. I will not watch, bit I will look forward to Buzzard's recap.

3 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I have a fundy light friend. She starts solid foods super early, like 3 months. And claims her first and second born were both on "table food" only by 7/8 months. So no breastfeeding, and didn't get formula.  Just cows milk and "table food" for them i guess.  I wonder if the duggars do something like that?  Most people seem aware that babies need formula or breast milk for the first year, even non parents. But some dont' seem to get that memo, and i bet the duggars are in that category.  I doubt she'd stop breastfeeding and switch to only solids this young, that would be very dangerous.  I bet he's still nursing.  BUT i wouldn't be surprised if he was expected to graduate to only solids before a year. We've seen michelle spoon feeding baby's mush at a very young age.

I didn't even think about that. Pretty awful. "Food before 1 is just for fun" is the common saying. A child's sole source of nutrition is breastmilk and/or formula for the first year. We did more food/less formula in the 9-12 month range. But we didn't stop formula completely until after 1 and he was eating a nice variety of real food.

That is hilarious that Ben's pontificating (complete with illustrative gestures) got cut!!!

To tell you the truth, just from the preview, it looks like this is going to be one B.O.R.I.N.G. show.

Did anyone notice JD and Josiah chomping down on gum during the interview?  Classy...

35 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just got to watch the GMA thing. Ben pontificating at the beginning with no sound was hilarious. I guess GMA didn't find him interesting, either. So, Joshy isn't going to be on the show? Yes he is, he's the elephant in the room. He will always be there, although not paid. Still, Anna will get paid, and he's always the headship.

I have never got over Jill and Jessa on Fox, saying that the molestation was no big deal. I think it was a much bigger deal for their younger sisters, and should not have been dismissed so lightly. Go away, Duggars. I will not watch, bit I will look forward to Buzzard's recap.

I found that specific part of the interview so incredibly sad. I don't want any of these young women to mourn forever or to always feel like victims... But I do wish that all of them had been allowed to at least acknowledge how they actually felt. Instead, it's very likely they were told to just get over it and keep sweet. The fact that their parents willingly taught them to repress any negative feelings they may have had is absolutely horrific to me.

That absolutely includes Jill and Jessa by the way. I find it probable they said what they did because they honestly don't realize it should be a big deal.

Of course we should hold them accountable for their words - they're grown ass adults with husbands and children who should know better at this point. But we should also remember the fact that they were raised to be emotionally stunted young adults and that they were victims in this situation as well. If they view their own attacks as no big deal, that's their right. Flat out saying molestation in general is no biggie is just so wrong on so many levels. 

As for the other sisters victimized, unless they choose to speak about their assaults we will never really know how they feel. I do think it's likely they had a rougher time with all of it considering their ages - and the fact that their attacks likely occurred while they were awake and aware of what was happening to them. But I'm not going to guess how they must feel at this point in time because I honestly don't know.

20 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

That picture is giving me a mild panic attack. Holy cow.  Everything @Bad Wolf said, plus it's clearly outgrown. His head looks above the shell, and most seats are 1" below shell, though they vary, none allow what i'm seeing there. I doubt it's installed right, either.

@Chickenbutt- most insurance companies will replace a carseat if it was in a wreck, even if a kid wasn't in it.  Even low speeds, where no one was hurt. A seat can look fine, but be damaged. Which is why you avoid used. That and who knows how the straps were washed. or the seat cover.

These are also the people that buy helmets for young kids on bikes used. Huge no no. Never ever buy a used helmet.

1 hour ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

I have been here off and on for about a year. When I first started watching the specials I really loved this family. I knew something might be 'off', but I never knew what. I watched the show and specials though out the years, but wonder if I should just be done. They are so fake and I don't even know if I find it funny anymore... just sad. They need so much attention.

Has anyone ever compared numbers to when 19 kids and counting aired and the Bates show to see if they bring in the same amount of numbers?

If I have directv will my viewing of the show count towards viewership?

Thanks everyone. Hope all of you are well

I don't think the UP channel is as widely available as TLC so I doubt the numbers are comparable. Unless your a Nielson family, then your viewings don't count in the final ratings. 

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am sure she would take the baby. I mean, they seem to treat their babies like accessories but I imagine they love the attention they get from them. I'd be surprised if she didn't bring him with.

I hope she brought the baby! The post on the first page that started all this breastfeeding concern just said that there were no pictures of Ben or Spudge. Hopefully that just means they were out of shot.

If Central America is as dangerous as the Duggar's say, then why would Jessa dare travel there with or without Spud? Why risk something happening to your infant or risk leaving the infant motherless? 

I am watching the clan on Good Morning America. Where was this filmed? The big house with the pool where midwife Vanessa used to live?

John's laundry comment. Blech.

I am so sick of the words "walked through" from these people.

Oh good...I'm so excited that we'll get to see the Duggars grocery shopping in the new series.

8 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

If Central America is as dangerous as the Duggar's say, then why would Jessa dare travel there with or without Spud? Why risk something happening to your infant or risk leaving the infant motherless? 

Given how eagerly they risk their own lives to fill their quivers, I sadly don't think this is their greatest concern. They'd say she died spreading the word of God, and lament that she was not able to have more babies. Little Spud would only get a passing mention unless People or TLC wanted more.

9 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

They don't worry about safety issues because God protects them from everything.

13 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

• Not making light of your post at all @JesSky03, but I doubt that the Duggars truly go anywhere "dangerous."  I'm inclined to agree that these mission trips are "touristy" and that they are well-cared for.  
  • Dangerous would be staying in a slum overnight with the baby.
  • Dangerous is Jessa walking around in flip flops where she might pick up hook worms or get a pedicure by a local who hasn't properly sanitized the pedicure instruments.
  • Dangerous is ordering a Coca-cola with ice in it.
  • Dangerous is eating an vegetable or fruit that you can't peel.
  • Dangerous COULD be practicing what little Spanish you may know without filtering it through a trusted local, first.
  • Dangerous would be forgetting to pack mosquito repellant.

6 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am so sick of the words "walked through" from these people.

It must be their new catch phrase, like "season of life" was.

2 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:
  • Not making light of your post at all @JesSky03, but I doubt that the Duggars truly go anywhere "dangerous." Dangerous would be staying in a slum overnight with the baby.
  • Dangerous is Jessa walking around in flip flops where she might pick up hook worms or get a pedicure by a local who hasn't properly sanitized the pedicure instruments.
  • Dangerous is ordering a Coca-cola with ice in it.
  • Dangerous is eating an vegetable or fruit that you can't peel.
  • Dangerous COULD be practicing what little Spanish you may know without filtering it through a trusted local, first.

My post was more sarcastic than legitimate concern so make it as light as you want :my_biggrin:

Archived