IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

22 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Also, I'll just leave this right here...

I call it the evolution of Derick

image.jpg

If you draw a line from his chin straight up his top teeth seem to be aligned with his chin but both are off from his nose. In the bottom right picture his teeth look worse than ever.  Hopefully it's just part of the realignment  and healing process.  

Like many people,  I had braces as a kid. When I would get them tightened I didn't want to eat much for a day or two until the aching went away. I had plain old braces, nothing traumatic or unusual.  I can't imagine what Derick feels with all that is going on with his treatment. 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

That seems to be correct, though not quite as bushy a beard. Here are two Nepal pictures off google:

image.jpg

image.jpg

His smile actually reaches his eyes, unlike in his current photos.

There seems to be more of a gap between his front teeth. Maybe that is part of the process of moving his teeth into proper alignment. He might have an appliance (?) on his upper palate that he needs to engage with a key. My kids had a palatable expander on their upper palate and turned a key everyday for a few weeks and then let the expander do its work.

I believe palate expanders only work while someone is growing. 

16 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I believe palate expanders only work while someone is growing. 

Mr. Wolf had the palate expander with the key, right after we got married (27). He had to have some suegery To Break the bones dirst, but it can be done as an adult.

Sorry for the typos. When I quote, I can't correct.

20 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I wonder if he's grown the beard that long almost to disguise his gauntness, or maybe the surgery means it's painful to shave.

Or it might just be that for the first time in his life, he doesn't need to 'get a haircut' for work/school whatever and he's just experimenting with it (but if he grows it longer and gets a hipster topknot, we need an intervention ;) )

(Back to snarking) Remember in Captain America, before he got bulked up and he was a scrawny version of himself. I feel like this is like the prequel to the Wolverine, maybe one day Jill will wake up and find herself married to Hugh Jackman............

If he gets a hipster topknot, I would be in favor of sending him to Jesus Jail for crimes against hair-manity.

Perhaps the palate expanders work in some cases with surgery.  Our orthodontist is the one who said something like he only used them before growth was complete.

Part of me wonder if Jim Bob has a magical well at the compound that just turns the married men into looking like creepers. Both Derick & Josh just went through a broadcasted transformation after being married into bringing out their internal creepiness. Some how Ben has missed the submerges or that it appeared to have very little effect on turning his inner creepiness to the outter appearance.

Derick looked so much better before he tried to correct anything. 

1 minute ago, kjmackin said:

Part of me wonder if Jim Bob has a magical well at the compound that just turns the married men into looking like creepers. Both Derick & Josh just went through a broadcasted transformation after being married into bringing out their internal creepiness. Some how Ben has missed the submerges or that it appeared to have very little effect on turning his inner creepiness to the outter appearance.

To be fair about Josh, I think he's looks are just a matter of genes. None of the Duggar sons age well. Eating habits compound the problem, but it's definitely just how they all look. 

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Derick looked so much better before he tried to correct anything. 

To be fair about Josh, I think he's looks are just a matter of genes. None of the Duggar sons age well. Eating habits compound the problem, but it's definitely just how they all look. 

True with Josh but I was trying to be nicer to John-David & Joseph in case they end up being better 

Didn't the pecan thief run a marathon in jeans? I think Prissy used to run in long skirts. 

Ugh!

The Pecan ran a marathon in business casual - i.e. Dockers khakis and a polo top. I'm not sure how chafe was avoided but he managed to run in less than 4 hours, which is pretty damn impressive whether dressed to run or dressed to sell appliances

My DH has gone through a similar surgery as Derick, and yes this takes time to realign and heal. But I'm still not sure it's supposed to ever look that off during the healing process.

My guess Derick's weight loss is surgery related. My DH couldn't eat very well and still can't eat certain thing a until he gets his next surgery and braces taken off, which will likely be another 12-18 months. The first month he could only do smoothies/soups, and then the month after only soft stuff like Mac n' cheese was added to the menu. Besides being in pain a soft diet doesn't usually lend to keeping on weight unless taking drink supplements like Ensure.

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

If he gets a hipster topknot, I would be in favor of sending him to Jesus Jail for crimes against hair-manity.

I never thought much in favor of the man bun until I saw Brandon Crawford of the S F Giants sport one.  Some men can carry it off. :)

I never cared about the man bun. If a man wants to wear his hair like that, let him. I'm just jealous some men wear their buns better than mine.

29 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I never thought much in favor of the man bun until I saw Brandon Crawford of the S F Giants sport one.  Some men can carry it off. :)

Some men maybe -- the first one who comes to mind that can't is Kody Brown... yech!

Just now, Mela99 said:

So who will look worse - Derrick or Smuggar? 

Honestly, I'm not sure it's possible to look worse than Derick does of late, poor guy.

Derick looks unwell and/or unhappy. Oh man. Hopefully he's healthy, I hope he's doing okay.

has anyone noticed in the new Counting On promos that Jill is morphine into Michelle 2.0?? She's always had a very similar personality but now she's got the baggy post-baby clothes with the unkempt hair and mismatched outfit... Right down to that really ugly black watch. There was a split second clip of Jill checking her watch and it reminded me of Michelle checking her watch by the table as she 'teaches' her kids.

12 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Derick looks unwell and/or unhappy. Oh man. Hopefully he's healthy, I hope he's doing okay.

has anyone noticed in the new Counting On promos that Jill is morphine into Michelle 2.0?? She's always had a very similar personality but now she's got the baggy post-baby clothes with the unkempt hair and mismatched outfit... Right down to that really ugly black watch. There was a split second clip of Jill checking her watch and it reminded me of Michelle checking her watch by the table as she 'teaches' her kids.

I don't think she always dresses that way. Her clothing choices and hair look completely normal in recent social media posts. It's possible that footage was from early last fall and she just felt more comfortable in looser clothing - and that she didn't always have time to fix her hair much because she had to watch her baby.

On 13 March 2016 at 1:51 PM, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Not snarking at you @Front Hugging Fiend, just truly love the freudian slip/typo/autocorrect of Jill "Morphine" into Michelle... I would certainly need some strong narcotics if i was "morphing" into Michelle ;) 

Although I can't really know exactly how the surgery has effected Derick's health and weight (though I'm sure it has), I think all that has gone on in his life in the past couple years has really been much more change than he was truly ready for. He went through almost losing his mom to cancer, when his father has already passed. Married an extremely conservative religious girl with the average maturity level of a 16 year old (and by extension inherited her whole family of the same flavor) after barely having any opportunity to get to know one another beyond exchanging favourite Bible verses. Then before they can blink, baby is on the way AND they decide to take off to a foreign country to be "missionaries" (I think this was an attempted escape route from said previous stresses). Oh, and his new wife's famous family went through a couple massive scandals that I am sure she had a very tough time with, so he got to figure out how to handle that as well.

I really think he's having quite a tough time coping and adjusting to all that change, as anyone would... And it's really kicking his ass right now. Jill comes from a family that suppresses emotion and "keeps sweet". Whatever is going on, it's business as usual outwardly. But I don't think Derick was raised that way, so trying to fit himself into this lifestyle with all the added stressors (like mom's illnesses and in law scandals) is really getting to him, in my opinion.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived