IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

guess I'm just a watch wearing weirdo. I'm always punctual or early too 

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

No, no! Someone said they think Jill is physically starting to dress more like her mother - looser shirts, same jean skirt, crazy hair, and she's started wearing a wristwatch. Apparently Michelke does too. I was just pointing out the fact that there could be other reasons for her dressing that way or wearing a watch.

I understand it all except for th wrist watch.  Looser clothes, jeans skirts etc... That is just Michelle style.  

:confused2:  But what is so remarkably frumpy about wearing a wristwatch? :confused2:

59 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I understand it all except for th wrist watch.  Looser clothes, jeans skirts etc... That is just Michelle style.  

:confused2:  But what is so remarkably frumpy about wearing a wristwatch? :confused2:

The poster mentioned that Michelle always seems to be wearing the same watch. Jill never used to and now she is. I don't think it really means much, but the other poster just thought it was interesting.

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

The poster mentioned that Michelle always seems to be wearing the same watch. Jill never used to and now she is. I don't think it really means much, but the other poster just thought it was interesting.

doesn't it mean Jill is really turning into her mother :D 

I am a redhead so I am all about sun protection. I just wish my 2 year old agreed with me and kept his hat on. Ha!

She's wearing a watch b/c if she pulls out that phone in this 'dangerous' place they live in, she'll get mugged or robbed. Simple as that. Not 'turning into Michelle.'

10 hours ago, nst said:

doesn't it mean Jill is really turning into her mother :D 

The transformation will be complete when she gets off the plane and immediately hands Israel to Jana while she and Derick furiously dry-hump in the arrival hall.

4 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The transformation will be complete when she gets off the plane and immediately hands Israel to Jana while she and Derick furiously dry-hump in the arrival hall.

I think that has already happened - at least with Jessa - just look at the pictures. 

and I figured that is why Ben is bland all of a sudden - Jessa is taking him behind the shed everytime he gets a look 

the man needs a nap 

Maybe Derick and Jill play the other game of caveman 

As someone who wears a lot of skirts and dresses, I can tell you that lots of them don't have pockets to hold your phone. Which is why the Duggar girls are seen with their phones in their hands all the time. Now that's not really practical when you're carrying around a baby a lot, which is why I think Jill switched to a wristwatch. Seems pretty logical to me.

And on that note, I should stop being so damn lazy and get the battery in my wristwatch exchanged so I can stop carrying my phone around in my hand. :D

22 minutes ago, JillyO said:

As someone who wears a lot of skirts and dresses, I can tell you that lots of them don't have pockets to hold your phone. Which is why the Duggar girls are seen with their phones in their hands all the time. Now that's not really practical when you're carrying around a baby a lot, which is why I think Jill switched to a wristwatch. Seems pretty logical to me.

And on that note, I should stop being so damn lazy and get the battery in my wristwatch exchanged so I can stop carrying my phone around in my hand. :D

How maddening is it that skirts don't have pockets? says the lady in the skirt at the moment. with no pockets.  I mean, my kids clothes all have pockets. Infant clothes often have pockets. But a grown woman expected to carry all those children's things? nope.   

What's a 3 month old need a pocket for anyway?

4 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

How maddening is it that skirts don't have pockets? says the lady in the skirt at the moment. with no pockets.  I mean, my kids clothes all have pockets. Infant clothes often have pockets. But a grown woman expected to carry all those children's things? nope.   

their pacifier ? their socks -:)

I didn't look that closely at the picture but maybe Jill is wearing an iwatch, smart watch or whatever they are called?

14 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

It's because you are supposed to have the pockets in your apron.

56e82c8a13fdf_0apron.jpg.d1e55cf080cc3a0

42 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I am forever regretful that I left this amazingly cute A-line khaki skirt with huge, deep pockets somewhere in the wilds of China. It was so cute! And versatile! And I could put all my shit in the pockets! I need to scour Amazon or ModCloth for one like it, but I doubt I'll ever find it again. It was from H&M five years ago and it was the best.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I am forever regretful that I left this amazingly cute A-line khaki skirt with huge, deep pockets somewhere in the wilds of China. It was so cute! And versatile! And I could put all my shit in the pockets! I need to scour Amazon or ModCloth for one like it, but I doubt I'll ever find it again. It was from H&M five years ago and it was the best.

I love my eShakti dresses because they all come with nice DEEP pockets! (You can choose to have them made without, but that's crazy talk.) And, though I'm not great at sewing, I keep meaning to pry apart the seams on my non-pocketed dresses and add some. Pockets are necessary!

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

http://www.eshakti.com/shop/Skirts/Pleated-cotton-poplin-midi-skirt-CL0039936

There you go.@nastyhobbitses.

On 3/11/2016 at 0:55 PM, Peas n carrots said:

The Pecan ran a marathon in business casual - i.e. Dockers khakis and a polo top. I'm not sure how chafe was avoided but he managed to run in less than 4 hours, which is pretty damn impressive whether dressed to run or dressed to sell appliances

OMG!  I do not even want to imagine the bleeding nipples and groin chafing going on up in there.

Also:  I love Anthro dresses because POCKETS.  See also:  DVF (sometimes).

I've had nightgowns that had pockets.  I wore one out and my "sleeps with dogs' flannel number I got from Vermont Country Store also has them.  Pockets on a nightgown are very practical.

I must be living my life wrong. I never use my pockets for anything except a grocery list. I put my phone in my purse. I don't wear a watch these days though I'm not opposed to it. I have a Fit Bit zip clipped to my pants so I look at that for the time.

I'm an odd duck though. I wear a fanny pack to Disneyland and love it. Yes, seriously.

I haven't visited this thread in a bit.  Is Jill really going to hit Izzy's bday without announcing a pregnancy?!?!

I hope that's the case. It's definitely in her body's best interest after a c-section. Of course I have a hard time believing it would be intentional at all.

I stopped carrying a purse about 5 years ago.  If an item of clothing  doesn't have a pocket, I don't buy it.  The most difficult item  to find with pockets is exercise pants.  I like to check into the gym and skip the changing room so I need pockets for my iPhone and keys (my phone case is a wallet so that's where my ID goes.)  I finally found some pants I like on Duluth because otherwise I would have had to sew my own.  Even women's T-shirts rarely come with pockets although all the men's T-shirts  have them.  I prefer the cut of women's shirts however so I never get pockets up top.

I carry water with me everywhere I go so I won't be ditching my purse anytime soon, unfortunately. Well...and it also carries diapers and wipes for my son. And sometimes matchbox cars. And Kleenex. And Purell. Yeah....I have a lot of stuff.

As for going to the gym...I've seen people with these before - http://www.amazon.com/Flexibelt-Fitflexi-perfect-exercise-fitness/dp/B015EE0ET8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1458073343&sr=8-11&keywords=exercise+fanny+pack

Sort of like a fanny pack but slightly less nerdy.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I'm an odd duck though. I wear a fanny pack to Disneyland and love it. Yes, seriously.

Fanny packs are perfect once your kids are out of diapers. I used one constantly when mine were little as it kept my hands free when we were out and about and it was big enough for the bare essentials. I do wish they'd come up with one slightly stylish, though. I very rarely use a purse now because I have shoulder issues so can't handle the strap, and I don't like the carry-handle ones because I prefer to keep my hands free. So I generally cram all my crap into my jacket pockets which ends up looking ridiculous.

Jill probably wears a watch for her midwifery work. She would need a watch with a second hand for HR and contractions. I'm pretty sure we've seen her wearing it before in photos of her with newborns she helped deliver. It's a little impractical to use a cell phone for timing. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived