IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

He could probably get a good haircut and beard trim very reasonably wherever he is. It would support the local economy and maybe he could introduce the barber to Jesus.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The package could be labeled:

Derick Dillard

The very large, pale, thin, hairy man with the pale, whiney woman and baby attached permanently attached to his arm while he walks around talking about Jesus

Anywhere, Central America

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

He could probably get a good haircut and beard trim very reasonably wherever he is. It would support the local economy and maybe he could introduce the barber to Jesus.

Just as he did in Nepal.

The stark differences between Jill and Derick's appearances are glaring!

She looks clean, neat and shiny while he appears scruffy, disheveled and unhealthy. A certain dullness is evident in his eyes, imo. 

I hope Derick's surgery was medically necessary because it seems as though he is not doing well following it. If it was elective, I will bet he is regretting his decision and may be somewhat depressed.  I say this as someone who has a couple of serious medical conditions and have been through 8 non-elective surgeries. Recovery has been difficult each time and two of them were pure hell. I had a hard time dealing with it and I knew it had to be done. I would have wanted to kick my own butt, to put it mildly, if I had elected to have been operated on. 

... Instead of starting a collection or offering to groom him, maybe we can accept that he might actually be fine with his hair situation? If he wasn't he likely would have done something about it by now.

As for his alignment - I'm not a Dentist or Orthodontist or anything. I'm not going to weigh in on what might be going on there other than to hope he's doing ok. Abominable they may be, but I don't want to see him suffer.

Jill looks lovely. Israel is adorable. God save the poor people of "dangerous Central American country" from these people.

That is all. :dance:

16 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

That birthday video is the gift that keeps on giving!

Joy looks AMAZING 

Jordans facial expressions are hilarious

Lol Jinger in the background #LaundryLyfe

What on earth did Ben say??

OhHiThere.jpg

Joy does look gorgeous. But that poor child, her look screams "SAVE ME" to me. Blech.

I don't understand all the comments about Derrick's hair and facial features.  I thought someone posted on here(with experience with this surgery) and said that his features will take 1-2 years to return to alignment.  Regarding his hair, I would support anything that doesn't make him look like like a Gothardite.  If he's growing it longer to cover his face during this time that makes sense to me, he probably feels more comfortable about his looks this way.

I don't mind his hair. But his beard totally grosses me out. Maybe partly because of that news floating around recently about fecal matter in beards. Haha! I mean...my husband has a beard but it's not that insane looking, thankfully.

I hope his mouth isn't causing him tons of pain. And I do hope the midline misalignment or whatever it's called fixes itself somehow.

From my very limited experience with jaw alignment fixing, the last thing they do is rotate the teeth to align the midpoint.  I'm guessing because working on everything else could throw it off so they want it all stable and set first. 

14 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

From my very limited experience with jaw alignment fixing, the last thing they do is rotate the teeth to align the midpoint.  I'm guessing because working on everything else could throw it off so they want it all stable and set first. 

OMG, how do they "rotate the teeth". I feel afraid at the thought. Very afraid.

There may be different methods.  With my daughter they power chained all teeth top and bottom and had a "garage door spring" attachment that tightened a tiny bit with each opening and closing of her mouth causing the upper teeth to gradually move around. 

Perhaps he is wanting to look more like the other men he is around these days?  As in following the style of the moment in that part of the country perhaps?  For instance here in the USA some men are growing their beards out sort of those Duck people who have a show....copying the latest fad or style is commonplace.   Beards are back in fashion especially with young men.  I am sure he wouldn't want  to look like a non local if he was dealing with people on a one on one basis.  Just my two cents on Derrick.  

I was just watching some episodes on youtube....watched the one where JB and Jillymuffin went overseas to MEET Derick.  Wow just wow.  It was hella creepy.  I don't know how old she was but she acted like she was 12 in my opinion.  Oh how I loved it when Jessablessa mimicked Jilly.  Also loved it when Derick went to put his innocent arm around Jilly and then JB pulled her away.  JB gives me such creepy vibes.  I never watched the show until the scandals so this is my way to catch up. :) 

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@ClaraOswin, can you imagine how nasty those Duck Dynasty guys beards are then?  :brainbleach:

used to work with a dude that had one...and he smelled on some days....too proud to shave. 

6 minutes ago, biblelandjunkie said:

I was just watching some episodes on youtube....watched the one where JB and Jillymuffin went overseas to MEET Derick.  Wow just wow.  It was hella creepy.  I don't know how old she was but she acted like she was 12 in my opinion.  Oh how I loved it when Jessablessa mimicked Jilly.  Also loved it when Derick went to put his innocent arm around Jilly and then JB pulled her away.  JB gives me such creepy vibes.  I never watched the show until the scandals so this is my way to catch up. :) 

used to work with a dude that had one...and he smelled on some days....too proud to shave. 

I'd like to watch that episode, what's it called on YouTube?

On 3/8/2016 at 0:23 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I wonder if they really will adopt a child over there. Maybe that's what they meant by growing? I don't know. They were probably just talking about Izzy.

or adopting a teen girl to be a helper/babysitter for Izzy?

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I'd like to watch that episode, what's it called on YouTube?

oh, I think it was called Going the Distance for Love perhaps....

On 3/9/2016 at 6:51 PM, patsymae said:

The resemblance grows stronger every day

Edited to say sorry this is coming out so big I can't seem to fix it. If anyone else can, please do or advise

20140201+Rasputin-Big-photos-2-crop.jpg

I know Anastasia could have been written by an SOTDRT graduate with how historically inaccurate it is, but now I have this hilarious image of Derick summoning little smoke demons to start a coup d'etat because he didn't get invited to a party.

It looks like his teeth were slightly misaligned before surgery as well

image.jpg

Also, I'll just leave this right here...

I call it the evolution of Derick

image.jpg

I don't see anything wrong w/his teeth in that picture. Or his jaw. But the group pictures look like he's lost 50 lbs. And he really couldn't spare it. I hope he's not sick.

The bottom middle picture...he looks sickly. Poor guy.

There are 2 episodes for Jill's visit to Nepal. "Going the Distance for Love" and "The Big Question."

10 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

There may be different methods.  With my daughter they power chained all teeth top and bottom and had a "garage door spring" attachment that tightened a tiny bit with each opening and closing of her mouth causing the upper teeth to gradually move around. 

Thanks. Was this painful or uncomfortable? Well, I guess it is what it is. I hope they can make his teeth more aligned. Why am I concerned. 

42 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Thanks. Was this painful or uncomfortable? Well, I guess it is what it is. I hope they can make his teeth more aligned. Why am I concerned. 

Because he looks weird and he is painful to view.  I can hardly stand the sight of him now.  Bet Jill closes her eyes and turns the lights off to make 'hey/hey/hey.'

4 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Because he looks weird and he is painful to view.  I can hardly stand the sight of him now.  Bet Jill closes her eyes and turns the lights off to make 'hey/hey/hey.'

It just looks at this point like the surgery was not successful. Coconut's explanation is helpful. But yes, it is hard to look at him because it looks...wrong somehow. 

Comparing the first pic above to the last two, Derrick looks seriously sick. It's not just the hair and the beard, either.  In the last picture, the entire left side of his face looks like it's being dragged down.  And, allowing that it's just a bad picture, looking at the first pic, Derrick seems like a thin guy, but by the last ones, he's just gaunt.  His shirts are hanging off of him, especially around the neck.  Compare the fit of the O'Neil shirt in the last top to the bottom middle pic and the marathon shirts (different shirt, but likely the same size) in the top middle and the bottom last one.  If I didn't know better, I honestly would think that he had been very ill. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived