IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel part 14

Boogalou

Rasputin and Michelle Duggar. Both religious fanatics with crazy eyes. Makes so much sense.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick looks awful and ... scary.  His beard looks very unkept.  Not even trimmed up.   He has lost his "aww shucks" charm, which, for me,  was about all he had going for him. 

I like beards on guys. But his looks gross to me. I feel it contains many disgusting things - old food, poop, baby spit up....

Do we have a vomit smiley around here somewhere??

22 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Derick looks awful and ... scary.  His beard looks very unkept.  Not even trimmed up.   He has lost his "aww shucks" charm, which, for me,  was about all he had going for him. 

He looks like his name should be Wolfman Derick.

The Duggars posted a video to FB wishing Derick a happy birthday.

Happy birthday Derick! I hope he's doing okay, he looks sickly.

Just saw the video. Good thing someone in the comments translated what poor Ben was trying to say. I thought he said something about travelling with nerds. lol

3 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

It's much fancier than mine.  I rent a funky townhouse built in the '70's - it has tons of charm and I love it.  But the refrigerator makes the most odd noises at times - perhaps it's from the '70's as well.   I don't get a "roughing it" vibe from Jill and Derick - their digs looks pretty upscale and comfy and I have yet to see any proof that they are doing anything worthwhile with their time in "Central America."  I also don't understand why they don't provide the name of the country they are currently living in - why so generic?

That sounds like our last house. :)

Our refrigerator would make weird noises too.  It sounded like either motorcycles in the distance or Lurch from the Addams Family laughing. 

I would hear it laughing to itself late at night.  Creepy!

On 3/8/2016 at 2:25 PM, Mercer said:

It's possible, but I remain skeptical they're adopting. If they're really in El Salvador as rumored, the adoption process would take two to three years. (If they're still in Guatemala, adoption would not be possible at all.) Maybe I'm underestimating them, but it's hard for me to imagine Jill and Derick committing to a process that would take that long, especially when they could cook up another biological baby in nine months. The Dillards do not have a good track record with long-term commitments - Jill's midwifery school, Derick's Walmart job, their "missionary career" that will be over in a few months and involves frequent trips home, etc. I just don't see them having the attention span to pursue an actual adoption, even if they have a fantasy of what it would be like.

kind of like some folks who go and adopt a puppy/kitty from a shelter because it makes them feel good and makes them look better in perception...after a few dozen facebook posts...realizing way too much work.....then returning it due to they have to care for it and train it....I don't think they have  the capacity to care for themselves and one kid besides adding another kid to the household.  Adoption is just a buzz word for them I believe.  The Duggar family is so close it would be difficult for a non blood to exist without always be reminded they were adopted and "saved" from an orphanage.  Just my opinion.  Especially for their "season of life" they are in.... 

If Derick hasn't run the Kathmandu marathon, then he really shouldn't be wearing the race t-shirt.  You earn the "right" to wear the race t-shirt after you've run the race.  It's big breach of runner's etiquette, otherwise.  

2 hours ago, Jucifer said:

That sounds like our last house. :)

Our refrigerator would make weird noises too.  It sounded like either motorcycles in the distance or Lurch from the Addams Family laughing. 

I would hear it laughing to itself late at night.  Creepy!

LOL - mine groans at times; other times, it sort of bangs, like something is trying to get out.  It freaked me out the first few times, but now it's almost comforting in a way.

It sounded like Ben said something like "run with the nerds"...ha!

I love Jinger walking by with the laundry at the end.

I've been thinking on and off about why Jill's fancy apartment bothered me so much, and I finally realized... it's because it makes me feel sorry for her, and I dislike feeling anything for Jill besides condescension. ;) I feel sorry for her because it's yet another prime example of how many basic life experiences the Duggar children don't get to have.

Jill didn't go to high school to make her own friends and discover her own interests. She didn't get to go to college to learn, launch a career path, and start exploring independence. She didn't get to be a young adult living on her own with a first job. And now she doesn't get the experience of having an apartment or house that may be cheap and spartan but by golly you worked hard and earned it, and no one can take away that you did that for yourself as an independent adult.

I'm sure having a fancy apartment paid for by your donors is nice, but... Jill has missed out on so much, really. Her young adult life has been so artificial in some ways, with so little independence and so little she's allowed to take personal pride in. That's sad to me.

17 hours ago, Apricot said:

I had to go and look :eleventy:

1.jpg

Can we start a collection to send him a pair of clippers, razors, or a beard trimmer. He needs to do something with that. Wow that's bad! 

I do love Jill's side braid. It's really hard to screw up one of those. 

That birthday video is the gift that keeps on giving!

Joy looks AMAZING 

Jordans facial expressions are hilarious

Lol Jinger in the background #LaundryLyfe

What on earth did Ben say??

OhHiThere.jpg

@Jessalyn

run with endurance the race that is set before you, [pause] looking to Christ

It comes from the bible - Hebrews 12:1-2

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

If Derick hasn't run the Kathmandu marathon, then he really shouldn't be wearing the race t-shirt.  You earn the "right" to wear the race t-shirt after you've run the race.  It's big breach of runner's etiquette, otherwise.  

Thank you! That's what I was trying to say....

8 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

Thank you! That's what I was trying to say....

Are there also shirts for "supporters"?  I feel like my dad ran in a marathon where he got an "official" shirt, but many supporters and volunteers got other shirts.  They looked similar, but said something else on the back.  I've only run 5ks and 8ks, and I don't remember what the volunteers wore.

4 minutes ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

Are there also shirts for "supporters"?  I feel like my dad ran in a marathon where he got an "official" shirt, but many supporters and volunteers got other shirts.  They looked similar, but said something else on the back.  I've only run 5ks and 8ks, and I don't remember what the volunteers wore.

Here all of the volunteers have a different colored shirt that says 'Volunteer' on it. Obviously it's different everywhere..here at our Race For The Cure race only survivors are allowed to wear pink shirts...It gets to be a muddled line but I respect those that have actually 'run and done' and thumbs up and respect to you and your fam for running. I did my last marathon with my 65 yr old sis in law who wears an oxygen tank...talk about respect and honor!

5 hours ago, Jessalyn said:

That birthday video is the gift that keeps on giving!

Joy looks AMAZING 

Jordans facial expressions are hilarious

Lol Jinger in the background #LaundryLyfe

What on earth did Ben say??

OhHiThere.jpg

And once again this poor girl is NOT smiling

I know this subject was talked about a few days ago. Sorry I am late to the discussion. But maybe the things that are growing and changing in their family are the hairs on Derrick's chin! :my_angel:

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

I've been thinking on and off about why Jill's fancy apartment bothered me so much, and I finally realized... it's because it makes me feel sorry for her, and I dislike feeling anything for Jill besides condescension. ;) I feel sorry for her because it's yet another prime example of how many basic life experiences the Duggar children don't get to have.

Jill didn't go to high school to make her own friends and discover her own interests. She didn't get to go to college to learn, launch a career path, and start exploring independence. She didn't get to be a young adult living on her own with a first job. And now she doesn't get the experience of having an apartment or house that may be cheap and spartan but by golly you worked hard and earned it, and no one can take away that you did that for yourself as an independent adult.

I'm sure having a fancy apartment paid for by your donors is nice, but... Jill has missed out on so much, really. Her young adult life has been so artificial in some ways, with so little independence and so little she's allowed to take personal pride in. That's sad to me.

Well, she does have her fake "midwifery" certificate. 

On March 9, 2016 at 0:00 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I'm not going to even mention the facial hair, because all I can look at is how his mouth doesn't match up with his face. To me, it looks like his mouth is being pulled one way opposite the rest of his face. I'm not snarking, because that really sucks.

His alignment really does look horrible! It stands out even with that unkept look he has going on. 

13 hours ago, Withagrainofsalt said:

Can we start a collection to send him a pair of clippers, razors, or a beard trimmer. He needs to do something with that. Wow that's bad! 

I do love Jill's side braid. It's really hard to screw up one of those. 

Problem is, we don't know where he is.  I mean:

• Derek Dillard 
  • Something to do with SOS Ministries 
  • Somewhere in Central America
  • A Very Dangerous Country

is not much of an address.

Also, I bet anything that part of the problem is that Jill is the one trimming his hair. What he needs is a barber/professional hairdresser.  (I hear they have those, even in tiny villages in the wilds of Central America.

3 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Problem is, we don't know where he is.  I mean:

• Derek Dillard 
  • Something to do with SOS Ministries 
  • Somewhere in Central America
  • A Very Dangerous Country

is not much of an address.

Also, I bet anything that part of the problem is that Jill is the one trimming his hair. What he needs is a barber/professional hairdresser.  (I hear they have those, even in tiny villages in the wilds of Central America.

I groom dogs for living, I can go down there and give him a nice trim. :chi-yes:

I am sure somewhere down there someone must at least own scissors. I hope Jill isn't trimming his hair. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived