IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Brainwashing may not cause brain damage, but many of their child rearing practices (eg using the rod, having so many children that needs are neglected) can cause damage. Research has shown that the methods the pearls employ and suggest, ones the duggars suggested up until a few years ago, are correlated with lower iq's, less gray matter in the brain, less flexible thinking, and a lot more problems.  If you combine everything they've put their kids through, especially in the days when the eldest were forming their frontal lobes, before the fame and cameras, they probably did cause brain damage of some sort. And we can see it in the older kids, and how child like they are in their twenties. 

I hope having babies will encourage jill and jessa to reevaluate things and get away from the damages done to them. But it's going to take some intervention and luck. And the ability to think flexibly, be introspective, think critically, and let go of a lot of preconceived notions.  I'm not sure they were ever allowed to develop those skills, not during their formative years.

I'm going to look into this, your comment is interesting. They all need deprogramming for sure. The deprogramming process stimulates introspection, critical thinking, and letting go of preconceived notions. Deprogramming can be generated by internal (cognitive dissonance) or external (hiring a professional) forces.   JB and Mechelle are horrible, horrible, horrible for how they raised their kids, downright abusive. 

I appreciate your posts.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News from PTV's 'Josh and Anna Smuggar' thread.  Yesterday at 8:50 pm a poster told of a Smuggar sighting:

...were out in Springdale yesterday buying couches at a furniture store. I saw a blond guy walk in & thought "he kind of looks like TFDW". Turned around & there was Anna holding M4. And I'm assuming that was her sister next to TFDW (or 2 of J & A's friends if I'm wrong).

I was trying not to obviously stare. Anna was decked out in leather jacket, knee length skirt & ankle booties & full makeup. She looked prettier & thinner than she does on tv. (Making me wonder if the rumor that she is trying to look good for Smugs is true). Smugger looked MUCH thinner than on tv. Maybe the stress is getting to him. They both looked happy & were passing the baby back & forth while they were talking with the other couple.

Another poster asked if the furniture store in question was 'Sam's', where Sierra's husband worked, and the original poster confirmed "Yes, it was at Sam's."

23 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Another poster asked if the furniture store in question was 'Sam's', where Sierra's husband worked, and the original poster confirmed "Yes, it was at Sam's."

What is TFDW?

5 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

What is TFDW?

That's The Fabulous David Waller. Not sure if it works on all devices, but when you see an all caps word with a fuzzy line under it you just place your cursor on it and it tells you what it means. Prolly not the best explanation, but hey it's early.:my_sleepy:

29 minutes ago, paulypepper said:

That's The Fabulous David Waller. Not sure if it works on all devices, but when you see an all caps word with a fuzzy line under it you just place your cursor on it and it tells you what it means. Prolly not the best explanation, but hey it's early.:my_sleepy:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder why they were shopping for furniture.

Maybe he was looking for a comfier couch to sleep on :kitty-wink:

In reality, they'll be setting up house again, probably a good sign that he isn't going to be kept in captivity at the TTH indefinitely and that they're moving on with their lives together (not that I can get any excitement over that - Run Anna!)

On 3/24/2016 at 5:41 AM, quiverofdoubt said:

For sex ed for us: i don't consider it a one time talk. For me it's a life long process. It starts with using anatomically correct terms with my little girl from day one. Over time as she asks questions or topics come up we'll discuss them, at an age appropriate level. With my current pregnancy even at three she's getting some basic info.  So for me it's a lifelong process, with open and honest discussions as she grows up.  The hard part is getting over my discomfort. She could care less.

I am also teaching myself to give her bodily autonomy: it's your body kid, you make the choices. You take care of it (i help with anything she asks for help with of course, she's still little). . She also has to deal with those consequences.  She gets to choose when to use the bathroom, whom she's comfortable showing physical affection towards (no "hug grandma!" in my house. She can if she wants. doesn't have to by any means).  Hopefully by sending the message that her body is her own, and not only is she in charge of it, but no one else can do anything to it she doesn't permit, she is set up well for healthy relationships. And can say something if someone tries to force anything she doesn't like.

This is what we have done with our children, too. I'm pretty impressed with them - they both seem to have a pretty sturdy sense of self and boundaries

Oo, hey, that's right! Aren't the Waller's from Big Sandy? But why not buy a couch in Tx, then? And Josh might have an actual JOB waiting for him??

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Oo, hey, that's right! Aren't the Waller's from Big Sandy? But why not buy a couch in Tx, then? And Josh might have an actual JOB waiting for him??

Probably because Sierra's hubby works for/owns Sam's Furniture and throws them a discount. Or for free to be featured on the show.

19 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Probably because Sierra's hubby works for/owns Sam's Furniture and throws them a discount. Or for free to be featured on the show.

Sierra's husband doesn't own the store; he just works there.  He used to be a church youth pastor but he got fired because of posts Sierra was writing on her blog.  The church deacons asked her to quit blogging, but she didn't.  This is according to previous forum posts here.

The store is owned by by Sam & Becky Donaldson.

2 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Sierra's husband doesn't own the store; he just works there.  He used to be a church youth pastor but he got fired because of posts Sierra was writing on her blog.  The church deacons asked her to quit blogging, but she didn't.  This is according to previous forum posts here.

Oh, wow, I had no idea of this. Do you know what posts Strawberry Sierra was making....that is absolutely incredible. They sure have a big house for someone who works in a store. Andshe continued on and got he husband fired. I am astonished. That is amazing. My astonishment is growing by leaps and bounds. Enough said. 

8 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Oh, wow, I had no idea of this. Do you know what posts Strawberry Sierra was making....that is absolutely incredible. They sure have a big house for someone who works in a store. Andshe continued on and got he husband fired. I am astonished. That is amazing. My astonishment is growing by leaps and bounds. Enough said. 

The grifting ability in that family has proven fruitful?

11 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

All of the information came from comments on Facebook.  Here are a few:

0 Sierra.PNG0 Sierra 2.PNG

@DuggarWatch  Thanks for this info. It is totally crazy if you need to have all of those kids to get your husband fired because you can't control yourself. I can't believe it

9 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

They've prob. taken back their house & are trying to fix it up.

I would think they had plenty of furniture in storage or something. You don't sell or throw away your furniture just because you are not going to need it for six or seven months.  And you don't buy furniture in Arkansas if you are relocating to Texas.  (Except these are Duggars, so who knows?)

My guess would be they may be getting furniture for the kids' rooms or something like that,  maybe bunk beds for the boys.

18 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I would think they had plenty of furniture in storage or something. You don't sell or throw away your furniture just because you are not going to need it for six or seven months.  And you don't buy furniture in Arkansas if you are relocating to Texas.  (Except these are Duggars, so who knows?)

My guess would be they may be getting furniture for the kids' rooms or something like that,  maybe bunk beds for the boys.

Maybe Josh was applying for a job.

58 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

You gotta wonder if she had headship approval for getting him fired.

I knew there was something in Sierra's eyes . . . Hubby must not have liked that job very much. 

15 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Maybe Josh was applying for a job.

DuggarWatch, you have a very dry sense of humor.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived