IGNORED

Lori Alexander - Still Not Learning A Thing, Part 5

12 minutes ago, polecat said:

I just don't understand you mushroom people. 

*shudder*

Never tasted a mushroom until I went to college. My mother had never tasted one either, but was sure they tasted 'like dead bodies' , so they were not allowed in our house. My first taste was an act of bravery! Love them now.

(Other foods not allowed by Mum - Pork (tape worms), cucumber (heartburn) turnips and swedes (she just didn't like them!)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

Never tasted a mushroom until I went to college. My mother had never tasted one either, but was sure they tasted 'like dead bodies' , so they were not allowed in our house. My first taste was an act of bravery! Love them now.

(Other foods not allowed by Mum - Pork (tape worms), cucumber (heartburn) turnips and swedes (she just didn't like them!)

I think your mom and I would get along famously. I won't eat foods for similarly ridiculous reason. I've never eaten a hard boiled egg because I think they look too much like eyeballs. I love the idea that mushrooms would taste like dead bodies. I think that's going to be my new go-to answer when someone asks.

But as far as I know, they DON'T taste like dead bodies - but then again, I've never tasted one............

52 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

My Grampa was similar:  no spaghetti because it looks like worms (and is "foreign"); no raw sugar because "it turns into worms in your stomach"; no raw flour because it also turns into worms; only Scottish tomatoes because the English ones aren't real tomatoes (apparently the stalk smells different).

He'd eat tripe boiled in milk, though...

Just now, docmom said:

He'd eat tripe boiled in milk, though...

So would Mum! And jellied eels (which are probably the most disgusting thing ever presented as an edible)..Yuuuk!

talking of weird food connections: we once had a sort of 'gross yourself out' game. Everyone was blindfolded (in a dark room - no peeking allowed!) and stood in a circle. Certain things were passed around while someone told a murder story. The murderer may have taken out trophy eyes (cue the peeled grapes), or gutted the victim (the untwisted raw sausages)... Ah that was fun.

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

In Lori's post today she shares the story of a woman whose husband had an affair.  The above quotes (bolding mine) confuse me as to why Lori would hold this story up as a proper way to go about the whole "forgiving an affair" thing.  Why? Because, just recently, Lori told us that there was NEVER a need to repent to God for specific sins once a person has been "saved."  In this story, both the husband and wife specifically REPENTED TO GOD and SOUGHT FORGIVENESS FROM GOD for very specific "sins." 

According to Lori's recent teachings, this would be completely unnecessary, assuming they were each already "saved Christians." 

I must once again scream to Ken and Lori....WHICH IS IT?!?

ETA: One of her readers is also questioning this contradiction.  Lori's answers? She's not sure the man was saved before this and she didn't write the post.  Basically..don't shoot the messenger, people!

Did you see Ken's lame ass reply?  Lori is nearing 60 years old.  By years end she will have 5 grandchildren.  If she is such a wise, godly mentor, then why can't she answer for herself without Ken having to ride in on The Horse of Truth?

Ken:

I get your point, younggodlywoman, but think maybe you need to take a step back and not be so consumed with winning a theological argument and allow the post to speak to the hearts of many. Lori didn't write the post, so it will not contain her theological perspective. Your need to jump into this with a first comment like this kind of ruins the message of forgiveness given here. 

There are two distinct aspects to forgiveness. All is forgiven on the cross. But there remains a need for repentance and a begging for forgiveness of sins from a brother or sister or spouse we have harmed with our sins. The eternal makeup of who we are in Christ can be completely intact, yet a man like the one in this story may go out and have an affair. When such grievous sins happens, he needs to repent to his Father in heaven and to his wife, confessing his sins and begging for forgiveness. Not because it's changing his standing as a child of God, but because it helps repair his heart and the heart of his spouse, or the one he has wronged. 

Our God is forever unchangeable. Once He sees Jesus in us, He will unwaveringly love us completely and unconditionally. Yet He knows that we need a good cry and a roll around the floor in the agony of our sins, or in this case hugging the wife he has so greatly hurt, so that human hearts and minds can heal and move on. We are not God, and our love is not unwavering or unquestioning. Our hearts and the hearts of others are bolstered by true remorse and confession and asking for forgiveness from those we have hurt. 

But once we go through that process, we must also look back on it and recognize that it had nothing to do with my standing with God which cannot be changed for I am His Child, and He is my Father, all permanently, once and for all finding forgiveness at the cross in 30 A.D. Nothing I did earned it and no begging for forgiveness can make one little dent in the forgiveness that He offers completely all as a free gift for those who believe.

The take home message?  Don't question Lori.  She frequently contradicts herself (AND the Bible), but she speaks for The God of The Universe, so you're supposed to pretend that you don't notice the inconsistencies.

Wow! How very Donald-Trump-like to give a response like that. 

Why do they keep pointing out that Lori did not write the post?  The point is that the main idea in the whole story is how each spouse asked God for forgiveness as they forgave each other - a point that Lori so disagrees with that she devoted TWO posts to it.  She posted a story that contradicts her own teachings and she posted it as a positive example.  That is worthy of concern to her readers, plain and simple; and she should be able to have a civil discussion about it. No need to call in Ken to berate the lowly woman who hurt Lori's feelings.

Interestingly, I think Youngodlywomen was a frequent commenter on Cabinet Man's blog and I think they got along quite well. I wonder what Robert thinks of Ken attacking one of his own "friends" in such a hateful way. 

50 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Wow! How very Donald-Trump-like to give a response like that. 

Why do they keep pointing out that Lori did not write the post?  The point is that the main idea in the whole story is how each spouse asked God for forgiveness as they forgave each other - a point that Lori so disagrees with that she devoted TWO posts to it.  She posted a story that contradicts her own teachings and she posted it as a positive example.  That is worthy of concern to her readers, plain and simple; and she should be able to have a civil discussion about it. No need to call in Ken to berate the lowly woman who hurt Lori's feelings.

Lori is not a deep thinker, and I don't think she had the sense to notice that today's message contradicted what she wrote just last week.  Her default mode is "attack", and when someone has the gall to disagree with her, that's all she knows how to do.  Having an intelligent discussion, or admitting that she's wrong or needs to reevaluate is not on the menu.

It's funny, because she keeps referring to Donald Trump as "mean", yet, she is absolutely vicious with those who disagree with her.  

What a rude response from Ken.

Younggodlay woman has asked a genuine question, worded politely and respectfully. It should have been a simple thing to respond in kind, but no. Ken had to be a jerk about it.

She is not consumed. She simply asked a question and showed that she has been reading Lori's other recent posts and actually thinking about them.She is not trying to win an argument. She isn't even trying to have an argument. She is asking how to reconcile two views that seem contradictory to her.

Her question in no way interferes with anyone else's heart being reached. Many readers never bother with the comments. Being the first one to ask a question does not represent a need to jump in. It represents that the reader has a question and happened to be the first one to post a comment. Big whoop.

Quite frankly, Ken, if one person's question is going to ruin a message, maybe the message isn't worth much. Or, even more likely, maybe the writer's message isn't the one being questioned. Lori's is.

Ken, rather than offer to coach the Donald, perhaps you should coach your wife (oops, "coach" might be too egalitarian a word) to include a brief paragraph in which she provides some context for posts that have been written by others. She can always have a generic statement which says that their views do not necessarily reflect her own. And she could even acknowledge that there is a contrast between this post and her repentance posts and explain that she is sharing this post despite that contrast because the message of forgiveness is so strong. In other words, take a few minutes to anticipate reader concerns and head them off at the pass. It's basic audience awareness.

Allow me to play with the recent words from the Coach on the Horse of Truth*:

Mr. Ken, change your ways, apologize to those who[m] you have offended, and live out your faith, even if somewhat imperfectly. Then let's see what the Lord can do with such a man who truly is sold out for Jesus, and is willing to show it with his life, and words, especially toward those who oppose him. I am open to discussing this with you, Mr. Ken, or coaching you on what a Christian should be like . . . 

* I wish I had photoshop skills. I am imagining Ken wearing a coach's outfit, wearing a ginormous cross-shaped whistle around his neck, astride a downtrodden horse of truth.

According to Ken:

The eternal makeup of who we are in Christ can be completely intact, yet a man like the one in this story may go out and have an affair. When such grievous sins happens, he needs to repent to his Father in heaven and to his wife, confessing his sins and begging for forgiveness.

(Bolding Mine)

So...are we to repent to God for "grievous sins" but only to our fellow men for non-grievous sins?  If so, who gets to decide what constitutes a grievous sin?

No wait...don't tell me.  KEN AND LORI!! Am I right?!?

6 hours ago, polecat said:

I just don't understand you mushroom people. 

*shudder*

I love mushrooms!! My whole family would go mushroom hunting (morales) then we would wash them and then drag them in flour and fry them in butter. So yummy!!! Can't wait for spring to go mushroom hunting.

13 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I love mushrooms!! My whole family would go mushroom hunting (morales) then we would wash them and then drag them in flour and fry them in butter. So yummy!!! Can't wait for spring to go mushroom hunting.

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

"Your need to jump into this with a first comment like this kind of ruins the message of forgiveness given here."

WOW, just wow indeed. Molecule has great points. Also, she probably wasn't the first comment, just the first comment they published. Maybe even all as a set up to get that dig in. But seriously to think this woman purposely sat around waiting to be the first and to purposely throw the discussion off is nuts. They heavily moderate so if its such a problem why even let her comment post then. 

8 hours ago, molecule said:

What a rude response from Ken.

* I wish I had photoshop skills. I am imagining Ken wearing a coach's outfit, wearing a ginormous cross-shaped whistle around his neck, astride a downtrodden horse of truth.

don_quijote_de_la_mancha.png

From Lori's first post on repentance:

Repentance is a one time act of confession

One time act again.

This is a one time act and it is finished.

Again, this repentance is a one time action

a one time event that saves our souls

It is a one time finished work in us.

Compare this to Ken's thoughts on repentance as written just yesterday in the comments section:

Tell me, is it appropriate for the Believer to have ever asked Jesus to forgive their sins? Very few would argue that at least the first time we come to know Him we should do so. If we are never to ask for forgiveness, then why ask the first time. Why not just believe they are forgiven? Is it not possible that just because we know our sins were forgiven long ago we still can do the asking again and again in recognition of our sins, as even if it has no effect on our salvation, it does not fall on deaf ears. It shows us not to presume upon God's goodness, and it certainly helps make things right with those we have harmed.

These are very good questions, Ken. Perhaps you should ask your wife. 

From today's post:

There's a show called "Coming Home" about military men and women coming home after many months of being away when they first see their husband or wife and children. It is extremely touching and almost always brings me to tears of joy. In one show, a woman came home and her husband met her at the airport. They feel into each other's arms crying and holding each other tightly. Afterwards, they got into the car to get to their daughter's soccer match where the mother would surprise her. The minute her daughter saw her she ran to her mother and embraced her crying. The daughter continued crying {she was in junior high school} and her mother asked her, "What's wrong? Why do you keep crying?" The daughter replied, "You weren't here for me to talk with you and help me when I have problems and share with you. I need you here with me!"

Of course, she needs her mother. Why in the world would a mother choose to leave her children for months at a time when she has the choice to not leave them? Why women want to fight in the military I will NEVER understand.

She continues:

This young teenager of the military mother was cheated out of having her mother at home since she decided being in the military was more important. Being in the military is a man's job.

I think it's absolutely disgraceful for Lori to be criticizing a woman who puts her life on the line to keep our country safe.  Lori's parents should have taught her to have a little bit of respect and appreciation for those who willingly serve us.

Lori can thank that service woman (and others like her) that she has the privilege of sitting at the computer all day posting dumb, contradicting rants.  It's because they fought/fight for that freedom that she has that luxury.

And then we have Ken Alexander wandering in here complaining that Lori's right to free speech is being violated. Well, bullshit.  Lori has clearly exercised her right to free speech.  It made her sound ignorant, spoiled, and ungrateful, but she did it, and criticized the very people who ensure her that right in the process.  

Lori's latest is umm, less coherent than me when I write essays.

I just want to quote the following from Lori because it is so wtf:

If women can be firemen, policemen, and be in the military {all jobs that are men's jobs when you look at a their physical makeup and strength}, then women shouldn't be surprised when men want to become women and use their restrooms and locker rooms. We are reaping the foolishness of feminism; short term gain for long term pain.

She is nuts, and she'd be grateful for a female police officer, if they were protecting her whining ass.  Same goes for a female firefighter.  I hardly think The Godly Monster would send them home to their kids if they showed up to put a fire out for her.  It makes me SICK that she has the gall to post shit like this.

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I think it's absolutely disgraceful for Lori to be criticizing a woman who puts her life on the line to keep our country safe.  Lori's parents should have taught her to have a little bit of respect and appreciation for those who willingly serve us.

Lori can thank that service woman (and others like her) that she has the privilege of sitting at the computer all day posting dumb, contradicting rants.  It's because they fought/fight for that freedom that she has that luxury.

And then we have Ken Alexander wandering in here complaining that Lori's right to free speech is being violated. Well, bullshit.  Lori has clearly exercised her right to free speech.  It made her sound ignorant, spoiled, and ungrateful, but she did it, and criticized the very people who ensure her that right in the process.  

You wanna know what I think is ungodly?? I think it's ungodly for women who "dance for Jesus" to post social media photos of themselves in what could best be described as "come do me" outfits and poses.  That girl has some serious self love going on and it's quite disturbing considering her mother's judgmental and hate-filled opinions on nearly everything other families do. At least a female service member is keeping herself covered.

I guess selling sex if okay if you are doing it for Jesus and, of course, you are taking care of your husband first.

Yeah, I went there and I've been wanting to go there for a long time. 

Lori, I know that service members don't even expect a thank-you from most people; especially people like you. But at the very least you can keep your disgusting comments to yourself and show a little respect by just remaining silent.  I'm willing to bet these female service members have never beat their children with a leather strap or locked them in their rooms for hours at a time just so they can have some "me" time. I'm willing to bet military children feel more love and security from a deployed parent than your children ever felt from you as you handed them over to the nanny.  You really need to stop...just stop...judging other women as mothers because you've made it abundantly clear that you were a lousy one. 

You know, I'm really torn about this anti-service woman post. I usually do my best to shield active duty personnel and veterans from hate, even though they can easily handle it;  but their parents don't need to see this kind of stuff.  So part of me thinks I should not share her post on my facebook page.  But the other part of me wants to share it on my personal page, on veterans pages and on military parent pages and imagine Lori taking to her bed while Ken cleans up her mess.  My prediction is that service members themselves would brush it off as what it is - ignorant talk from a thankless ninny.  The parents, however would completely freeze her blog with the influx of comments.  She and Ken have made clear their disdain for the military and she's poking a hornet's nest with posts like this. 

Decisions, decisions.....

I'll tell you something else too.  For all of her bitching that the women fighting for her freedom are "doing a man's job", I sure as hell don't see the men in her life stepping up to do it.  If I recall, neither Ken nor either of their sons have volunteered to serve our country.  She ought to be glad someone is willing to do it.

23 minutes ago, Koala said:

I'll tell you something else too.  For all of her bitching that the women fighting for her freedom are "doing a man's job", I sure as hell don't see the men in her life stepping up to do it.  If I recall, neither Ken nor either of their sons have volunteered to serve our country.  She ought to be glad someone is willing to do it.

Oh you Silly Billy!! Don't you know? Ken's sons played sports and, in his words "sports are the best thing to prepare his sons to fight World War III!!"  They weren't allowed to play football (no shame there; a lot of parents don't allow that) but I am reasonably certain that basketball and track are EXACTLY LIKE  Marine boot camp.  Also, Ken played basketball instead caring for his sick wife so, if war hits, they're all good. 

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

*I've done a quick search of their blog to find that post (or comment) and I can't find it; but I remember it clearly.  It provoked a very out-of-the-ordinary response from me. I "screamed" the F-word at Ken for it. 

Oh, also; since recruiters have quotas, if the precious Alexander men had served, that would have kept three women home in the kitchen where they belonged.  See Ken?? Your family could have saved three families from feminism!! Five, if your sons-in-law had served.  Think about it. 

50 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

You know, I'm really torn about this anti-service woman post. I usually do my best to shield active duty personnel and veterans from hate, even though they can easily handle it;  but their parents don't need to see this kind of stuff.  So part of me thinks I should not share her post on my facebook page.  But the other part of me wants to share it on my personal page, on veterans pages and on military parent pages and imagine Lori taking to her bed while Ken cleans up her mess.  My prediction is that service members themselves would brush it off as what it is - ignorant talk from a thankless ninny.  The parents, however would completely freeze her blog with the influx of comments.  She and Ken have made clear their disdain for the military and she's poking a hornet's nest with posts like this. 

Decisions, decisions.....

Pleasepleasepleaseplease do this. As the wife of a Navy man, the daughter and granddaughter of Navy men, and the daughter of a WAVE, I'm begging you to do this! :pb_smile:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived