IGNORED

Lori Alexander - Still Not Learning A Thing, Part 5

It is beyond me why anyone thinks that the statement that a woman should be able to do anything a man does means that a woman wants to be like a man or be a man.

I used to live, work, and attend church near a military base. I knew quite a few women who were devout Christians and served in the military for a variety of reasons--including feeling called by God to use their gifts in a military setting. One of my friends really struggled with her desire to be home while having a lifelong prayer-based understanding of where God wanted her to be. 

Here's the bottom line with Lori:

Why women want to fight in the military I will NEVER understand.

She will never understand because she never wants to understand or makes any effort at it.

At the end of today's post, she says this:

As godly women, go home if at all possible, be content as a woman, and do what the Lord has called you to do.

And just how does Lori know whether or not it is possible for any particular woman? She has absolutely no idea what factors have led to a woman's decision to enlist or to stay enlisted. She has no idea what arrangements a woman has had to negotiate in order to fulfill a commitment she made to the government before she married and had children. She has no idea what it is like to be away from your own children for such a long time (because forcing kids to stay away from you in their rooms for two hours isn't the same thing). She has no idea why any woman makes a different decision than she would, and rather than simply stop at acknowledging that she doesn't understand, she calls forth judgment on them.

The rest of the post is just as ridiculous. 

For every picture of a child who is bruised by a day care provider, there is another child somewhere who is bruised by his or her own mom. Having a Christian stay-at-home mom is no guarantee that a child won't suffer. 

And seriously, what's with the huge graphic with the restroom icons, when that shows up only in one sentence? My guess is that Lori has been in public restrooms with transwomen before and just didn't know it. I bet she would feel far more comfortable with someone presenting as a woman who Lori doesn't know is biologically a male (I apologize if I didn't word that right) than she would with someone who is biologically a female but presents as a man. 

And for pete's sake, hasn't Lori read the bible at all? Jael was serving as a keeper at home and was being a good hostess. According to Lori's logic, she should have just let Sisera sleep off his milky grogginess and then sent him on his merry way. She might have thought, oh, here is our enemy, asleep in my tent, and I could probably take him out right here, but then Lori's commandments would have reminded her no, I am not a soldier because I'm a woman, and I should ignore the fact that I have a tent peg and a mallet because I'm only a woman and if I kill him I am trying to be a man. Instead, she did what God called her to do to protect her people and drove the tent peg through Sisera's temple with such force that she nailed him right to the ground. Just like a prophet (Deborah, a woman!) had prophesied, the military victory had gone to a woman.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, sawasdee said:

But as far as I know, they DON'T taste like dead bodies - but then again, I've never tasted one............

It's the texture that gets me! *chokes back a gag* 

But I'm going to start saying that they taste like dead bodies, too! 

From Always Learning's Facebook page:

Why are so many people voting for a man who is mean, has temper tantrums, bullies and belittles people, makes fun of them and threatens lawsuits when all of these behaviors are unacceptable for our children? 

She just described herself perfectly.  Even the lawsuit part.  Remember when she threatened to sue Google?

If this is what passes as philosophical or critical thinking in these circles, fundies are even worse off intellectually than I thought, and the bar wasn't that high in the first place. I don't even know where to start with this shit.

As the wife of a retired sailor, I can tell you first-hand that military life is HARD. Successful military marriages are few and far between. There are sacrifices made by everyone, the AD military spouse, the dependent spouse and the kids. It seems the shit hits the fan hardest when the AD spouse is deployed. The kids go nuts, the car breaks down, the dependent spouse arranges for the PCS move, pay screw-ups (VERY common on deployment).

Lori needs to STFU about military families...she'd never make it. I've done things like drive myself to the hospital in labor, take kids who were bleeding or had broken bones to the hospital. spent HOURS on the phone trying to get pay issues straightened out, bargained with utility companies, banks and mortgage companies to hang tight until I could get the pay issues straightened out...

She has NO FUCKING CLUE about military families. 

What kind of weird shit is this???

Always Learning Facebook:

"If you want a child who will easily integrate into the New World Order, waiting his turn in line for condoms, a government-funded abortion, sexually-transmitted disease treatment, psychological evaluation and a mark on his forehead, then follow the popular guidelines in today's education, entertainment, and discipline." {Debi Pearl} If you want children who grow up to walk in Truth, immerse them in the Word of God and obey the principles for raising a child written here as well.

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

"If you want a child who will easily integrate into the New World Order, waiting his turn in line for condoms, a government-funded abortion, sexually-transmitted disease treatment, psychological evaluation and a mark on his forehead, then follow the popular guidelines in today's education, entertainment, and discipline." {Debi Pearl} 

Wow. That's some messed-up dude. (Sorry, had to, after one of the teens reading over my shoulder remarked that the teen doubted the "he" being portrayed here would be waiting "his turn in line for a government funded abortion".)

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

the hysterical part? People were talking this shit when Bill Clinton was in office...During Clinton's presidency, I was on the fringes of the "Traditional Catholic" movement...and they thought Bill was the anti-Christ...all that new world order bullshit was spewed then...I came to the conclusion that these people were insane...I still hold that view. I left the RCC about that time, and although I've retained faith, it has undergone a major reconstruction.

Hmm. Men being forced to line up for government-funded abortions. Guess even the New World Order will have to deal with pork barrel spending and legislators who know squat about reproductive biology.

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

So in other words, if I don't raise my kids the Pearl/Loriken way, I am turning them into satan's minions? Crap.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

As the wife of a retired sailor, I can tell you first-hand that military life is HARD. Successful military marriages are few and far between. There are sacrifices made by everyone, the AD military spouse, the dependent spouse and the kids. It seems the shit hits the fan hardest when the AD spouse is deployed. The kids go nuts, the car breaks down, the dependent spouse arranges for the PCS move, pay screw-ups (VERY common on deployment).

Lori needs to STFU about military families...she'd never make it. I've done things like drive myself to the hospital in labor, take kids who were bleeding or had broken bones to the hospital. spent HOURS on the phone trying to get pay issues straightened out, bargained with utility companies, banks and mortgage companies to hang tight until I could get the pay issues straightened out...

She has NO FUCKING CLUE about military families. 

As a former military brat (USAF!), I approve of this post.

Princess Lori would never have made it as a military spouse.

And I'd expect Ken to be getting called in front of his CO all. the. time. over her craptastic behavior.  (I'm not sure they still do that, but they sure as hell did back in the day when Ken would've been AD).

I can see baby Lori calling the CO to bitch about deployments, or crying that he needed to come home RIGHT NOW because of some "catastrophe" that she couldn't handle on her own...yeah, that wouldn't work. She'd be like all the dependas who nag their spouse out of the military...

BTW...I'm a USAF brat...dad did the Cuban Missile Crisis, a couple of tours in VietNam, yadda, yadda, yadda. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

"If you want a child who will easily integrate into the New World Order, waiting his turn in line for condoms, a government-funded abortion, sexually-transmitted disease treatment, psychological evaluation and a mark on his forehead, then follow the popular guidelines in today's education, entertainment, and discipline." {Debi Pearl} If you want children who grow up to walk in Truth, immerse them in the Word of God and obey the principles for raising a child written here as well.

That sounds like really weird fundy shit that was going around about 20 years ago. IIRC there was a magazine series about it (think Above Rubies type, but way way freakier). Those magazines gave me the heebie jeebies way way worse than any 'occult book' ever did (at that time I kind of did believe that a demon could jump out of a book and steal my soul). Tomorrow I'll have to try and find links to that.

I'm getting caught up on the latest from Lori. She has trashed military women before. I think the show she is talking about is one of those cable shows that was on a few years ago and then got canned and is now reairing again. I remember watching some of those shows years ago.   Trashing female firefighters and cops is also  shitty of Lori. Without women becoming firefighters, cops, or paramedics, there would be shortages in some areas and everyone would suffer overall. There are many women who work in support roles for emergency services and law enforcement and given the chance Lori would probably trash female dispatchers for not being  at home. Not all men want to serve in the military and that's fine. Still, Lori needs to shut the fuck up about law enforcement and the military .  Ken's whole "my sons played sports and they are prepared for war" is bullshit. I suspect Lori and Ken don't know anyone who has been in the military . My father was drafted by the Army  in the late 60s. He did a tour a in Vitenam. In the mid 70s, my dad joined the Air Force Reserve and was  in for 20 years. My dad played football and basketball in high school and he said there are are differences between heaving sports training and combat training. 

As for military wives, I totally agree with others, Lori wouldn't have made it as one. I have had female friends and relatives who are/were military spouses and it wasn't all rainbows. One cousin was on her own for close to year while her husband was deployed with the Air Force. She had to work, take care of the lawn and yard, and take care of two kids. I can picture Lori whining and say that it's not a woman's place to take care of the lawn. My cousin would occasionally get help from relatives who would go and stay with the kids during school breaks while my cousin was at work. There are some people who don't get occasional help from relatives.

As for the New Order post, I wonder if Lori is possibility getting into far right wing conspiracy theory movements. There are many out there  that tout themselves as Christian conspiracy theorists and they are very homophobic and misogynist. Mark Dice is a good example and for some reason I'm already picturing Lori reading his books and watching his youtube channel.

28 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I

As for the New Order post, I wonder if Lori is possibility getting into far right wing conspiracy theory movements. There are many out there  that tout themselves as Christian conspiracy theorists and they are very homophobic and misogynist. Mark Dice is a good example and for some reason I'm already picturing Lori reading his books and watching his youtube channel.

I could definitely see Lori getting into that if she isn't already.

She's written some strange stuff about having to change classrooms when she was a student teacher 'cause the teacher she worked under was into satanism.

The Christian conspiracy stuff is no more weird than that.  Plus it plays right into people who aren't all that smart.  Right up Lori's alley.

33 minutes ago, molecule said:

Did she remove the New Order post from her page? I don't see it now, and I did earlier.

She deleted it. 

35 minutes ago, Koala said:

She deleted it. 

Conspiracy buffs are well known for their paranoia. Lori doesn't want the NWO to know she's on to them.

Another reason Lori and Ken would probably support Trump, the same guy who tries to claim that his private school experience means he knows more about the military than people who are actually in it.

@usmcmom, I say post away!

In something resembling order:

Dear Lori, it can be difficult for us to leave our children.  I don't understand how you can hire a nanny with whom you left your babies for hours, and I don't understand how you could not only beat your toddlers for doing age-appropriate things and laugh about it, how you could shame your daughter about what you percieved as weight issues, and how you can laugh as your son forcefeeds your grandchild.  When I'm home with my daughter, I'm home and engaged with her.

@usmcmom got it right : You really need to stop...just stop...judging other women as mothers because you've made it abundantly clear that you were a lousy one. 

And @feministxtian is absolutely correct - there's no way in Hell Lori would be able to cut it as a military spouse.  It's rough at times.  I haven't had to drive myself to the hospital in labor (I'd have had to call someone, because once my contractions showed up I'm pretty sure I couldn't have driven) but there's been plenty of long nights and days with no help.  Especially if you're not stationed near your family.  Lori would be a straight-up dependa.

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Someone somethe hysterical part? People were talking this shit when Bill Clinton was in office...During Clinton's presidency, I was on the fringes of the "Traditional Catholic" movement...and they thought Bill was the anti-Christ...all that new world order bullshit was spewed then...I came to the conclusion that these people were insane...I still hold that view. I left the RCC about that time, and although I've retained faith, it has undergone a major reconstruction.

Someone,  somewhere has called every president i can remember "the antichrist "   freom kennedy forward.  Carter reagan bush. Clinton....all of them.  And ive heard "this president will create an emergency to prevent an election " about the last several presdents.  As if 8 years isnt enough and they all want to stay in office instead of writing their books and getting the big bucks from speaking fees, etc.

Even though I disagree with Lori, I usually can at least follow what she writes--but not today in her post about Romans 6. It rambles and makes absolutely no point. 

Besides, wasn't she commanded to teach women to submit and be keepers at home? What is with all these posts lately about theology and politics instead of marriage and family? 

29 minutes ago, molecule said:

Even though I disagree with Lori, I usually can at least follow what she writes--but not today in her post about Romans 6. It rambles and makes absolutely no point. 

Besides, wasn't she commanded to teach women to submit and be keepers at home? What is with all these posts lately about theology and politics instead of marriage and family? 

I'm not sure where she's going with this.  She is, after all, the same woman who wrote the following in response to a reader questioning her message:

frankly, you write a bit too intellectually for me. This is why I usually have Ken respond. My posts and thoughts are fairly simple. I am not a highly academic person.

I don't think Ken wrote these posts, because they aren't miles and miles long, but I do think she is probably copy catting something she heard from someone else.

@molecule you are correct - no clear point, which might be good. I wonder if Ken has to approve her theological posts first before they may be posted.

I think her post is trying pointing to the idea that 'once you are saved you have the ability to no longer sin'. I also think it is contradictory to previous comments like Lori:"It's a wonderful thing! We are cleansed from all sin past, present and future." (bolding mine). If what she preaches is today is true, then there will not be future sin to forgive!

Just now, Koala said:

I'm not sure where she's going with this.  She is, after all, the same woman who wrote the following in response to a reader questioning her message:

I don't think Ken wrote these posts, because they aren't miles and miles long, but I do think she is probably copy catting something she heard from someone else.

Ha! I'd forgotten about that comment. 

This is probably another attempt to justify the repentance post where she caught so much flak, but it is a poorly written post. She must've forgotten to submit a request for Ken's approval.

18 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

Got to say I have absolutely no problem with my children getting free condoms, STD treatment if necessary (although the free condoms should prevent most of them) and a government funded abortion.  Free psychological evaluation and treatment would be a great thing too.  Bring on the New World Order!  And let's just point out that all these things are available in most of the US's "peer" nations.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived