IGNORED

Lori Alexander - Still Not Learning A Thing, Part 5

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

No need for all these cagey scripts and phony visits. 

they really do stink of passive-aggressiveness.
To be honest, if someone thinks my house stinks I'd much rather that they come out and say it directly but politely. They can even offer to help me paint/clean out the hoarded stuff. That would be way better than having them bitch about it behind my back (on the internet still counts) or saying "oh, guess what, I just found a cool nifty new air-freshener. Have you heard of it?".

I do get the feeling that in most churches there is a group of extremely bitchy and judging women who would snub you because of your clothing/house. I hated it because it made me feel so self-conscious and like I could never and would never be good enough for them

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

In Lori's world, fathers really are only useful for providing an income.  Ken has mentioned that he didn't enjoy his kids until they "became interesting."  I can guarantee you my niece and nephew have grown up with more love and security in their lives (even while their dad served) than Ken and Lori's kids did. 

Thank you for teaching!!  Thank you for teaching children who are in such precarious situations.  I'm sure there are so many layers of involvement and compassion needed when working with our military families.  I appreciate you. 

Thank you, it has been a very unique experience and in all honesty, we have found the best way to handle the deployments is to have "business as usual". Not to say we don't let them be sad but we don't let them wallow and if we notice something, we have counselors to help them.  I have been through a deployment as well myself and luckily had my mom here to help.  There are lots of support systems for the families on base which is good because it really does take a village!  Lori doesn't know the first thing about anything and you know, I will be thinking of some of my brave moms who are serving today so she can be an asshole online.

the good/bad part of being a Navy wife is that the support system can be pretty good but since most don't live on base, there isn't that sense of community (well, at least back in the dark ages when I was a Navy wife). My X was on subs and you don't get any information at all...you know when they're leaving but you don't know when they're coming back. You'd get a phone call roughly 24 hours before their arrival. 

As an "older" Navy wife (current husband), since my husband was stationed in essentially our hometown, not much changed for me. I still went to work every day, hung out w/friends (I have known most of my friends since late grade school or high school), all that stuff. BUT...as an "older" Navy wife, I was the ombudsman for my husband's shop (he was on a pretty large surface ship)...and so the younger wives problems also became mine...OH GOOD GRIEF! Some of the younger wives would take off and go "home" to wherever they were from, some would go nuts with the money, and so on. I'd have to say that, ship-wide, there were at least 15 divorces or splits every cruise. Navy life is HARD! Hubby's been retired for almost 10 years now...and all I can say is the sticker I have on my car is the truest truth there ever was..."Navy Wife, toughest job in the Navy"

On March 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM, sawasdee said:

Never tasted a mushroom until I went to college. My mother had never tasted one either, but was sure they tasted 'like dead bodies' , so they were not allowed in our house. My first taste was an act of bravery! Love them now.

re the bolded -- you mean, like, um, MEAT? :my_tongue:

/silly

Glad you got past that obstacle!  The more I read about nutrition, the more important a role it seems mushrooms and other fungi -- nutritional yeast, some cheeses/yogurts, etc. -- play.  Much easier to incorporate them if your reaction is less 'ick' and more 'NOM!'...

5 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Thank you, it has been a very unique experience and in all honesty, we have found the best way to handle the deployments is to have "business as usual". Not to say we don't let them be sad but we don't let them wallow and if we notice something, we have counselors to help them.  I have been through a deployment as well myself and luckily had my mom here to help.  There are lots of support systems for the families on base which is good because it really does take a village!  Lori doesn't know the first thing about anything and you know, I will be thinking of some of my brave moms who are serving today so she can be an asshole online.

Thank you for what YOU do. 

Definitely a fan on "business as usual" - during my last deployment my daughter was in a civilian school, and they had a hard time dealing with it.  (Staying with my parents, so away from the usual services.)

You cannot be a Christian and walk in sin. It is impossible. 

It'll be interesting to see what, if any response this garners.

Lori has written at length about how sinful and unsubmissive she was a mere 10 years ago, yet she also claims she was a Christian at the time.  Again, she contradicts herself.

I liked how she ended her post though:

You have been warned.

:pb_lol: Take note!  The Godly Mentor (who speaks for The God of the Universe) has warned you!  It's straight to hell for anyone who doesn't obey!

Once again, Lori has attempted to write about theology and has gotten no comments. It's just about time for Ken to weigh in with a "Great post, Lori! We should all heed your warning."

I'm intrigued by this:

We should NOT take pleasure in other's sinning, since this is giving Satan a foothold into our life.

Isn't this sort of what Lori does all the time? She looks around for examples of women sinning and then takes pleasure in writing about those other women and how horrible they are.

35 minutes ago, molecule said:

Once again, Lori has attempted to write about theology and has gotten no comments. It's just about time for Ken to weigh in with a "Great post, Lori! We should all heed your warning."

I'm intrigued by this:

Isn't this sort of what Lori does all the time? She looks around for examples of women sinning and then takes pleasure in writing about those other women and how horrible they are.

Oh, Satan has so many footholds in Lori Alexander that she's practically his staircase to Earth.

Very weird dynamic in the comments lately.  Only one comment, and Lori answered in this way:

Thank you, Helen. You are a very kind woman. I will love getting to spend eternity with you!

:pb_confused:

44 minutes ago, Koala said:

Very weird dynamic in the comments lately.  Only one comment, and Lori answered in this way:

:pb_confused:

It has been odd. The fact that Lori's been trying to write about theology rather than marriage lately is odd. I wonder if she's okay?

54 minutes ago, molecule said:

It has been odd. The fact that Lori's been trying to write about theology rather than marriage lately is odd. I wonder if she's okay?

I wonder if her and Ken are finally angling for a valid ministry. She seems to be against women mixing marriage advice and theology, but all the mainstream women's ministry folk do exactly that. The problem is they are too devoted to Michael Pearl to be successful. Even most conservative and fundie lite draw the line with her odd theology. She doesn't dress modestly enough or have a conservative enough family life to get into true fundie churches that spout the Pearls' junk. 

I am thrilled that even her odd ball commenters are not biting at her recent posts. I wonder how many of her usual readers had their husbands read her theology posts, and they told their wives she is full of crap. Or they are starting to see that she will not take any criticism on her interpretations. Hopefully she keeps it up and this new stuff is her downfall. 

Oh, my. Today's post is about the evils of debate and tearing each other down. 

It's so easy for the strong personality types like mine to want to be right and debate or argue our case until everyone agrees with us, but is this the way the Lord wants us to behave? NO! We are called to have gentle and quiet spirits and this is NOT being gentle and quiet. It's demanding our way and being selfish. Even if we are right, we are wrong since we care more about being right than loving others and esteeming them more important than ourselves.

We must be very careful when we are critical of others; is it to point out sin in them and help them to correct it or is it simply to tear them down and hurt their reputation? Nobody is going to agree with anybody else 100% so we need to be careful on how we disagree with them. God commands, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers" {Ephesians 4:29}. We should be known more for building others up, instead of tearing them down, even when we disagree with them.

Physician's daughter, heal thyself.

16 minutes ago, molecule said:

Physician's daughter, heal thyself.

so well said. I just read her post and thought to myself "is she preaching to herself". I also very much disagree with her saying:

Next time you listen to a sermon and you know the preacher is a man of God, learn to enjoy his sermons instead of picking them apart.

That is how people start following Lori false teachers. I'm not saying you should nit pick, but not ever 'man of God' will always be accurate and people need to listen to their preachers on a pedestal with critical ears!

Whats a bet she will send people back to this post if when they start questioning something she says in a few days/weeks time

On 2016-03-02 at 3:09 PM, Koala said:

From Always Learning's Facebook page:

She just described herself perfectly.  Even the lawsuit part.  Remember when she threatened to sue Google?

Doesn't it also describe Ken?

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived