IGNORED

Erika Shupe *grim rictus* Large Families on Purpose Part 4

keen23

9 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

But are they real friends?  I just can't see Erica as the drop everything and run to help a friend in need.  Unless of course it was an opportunity to make herself look better. 

I think her friends are probably legit. She's probably found other judgy, hypercontrolling women like herself to hang out with. Remember that it was one of her friends who gave her the idea to limit Happy's water intake. I can see her having a close (well, as close as one can be with all those kids and that lifestyle) group of fundie Mean Girls to hang out with occasionally.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I think her friends are probably legit. She's probably found other judgy, hypercontrolling women like herself to hang out with. Remember that it was one of her friends who gave her the idea to limit Happy's water intake. I can see her having a close (well, as close as one can be with all those kids and that lifestyle) group of fundie Mean Girls to hang out with occasionally.

I didn't think about there being a whole group of them.

2 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I didn't think about there being a whole group of them.

She's posted/been tagged in pictures with the same group (2-3) women. I figure they're probably buddies from church.

1 minute ago, princessmahina said:

She's posted/been tagged in pictures with the same group (2-3) women. I figure they're probably buddies from church.

So there's a large group of children, dogs, and husbands who can't pee when they want to..... All they need is a commune. 

On January 16, 2016 at 5:48 AM, clarinetpower said:

I did not need to know the exact amount of dead skin she grated off her feet. 

*shudder*

Also, interesting to note that she stole all her photos and some of them have now stopped working. Of course. 

Don't you mean *shutter* ?????!?!? :my_tongue:

8 hours ago, princessmahina said:

One of the ladies she has been pictured with a few times is relative of mine. They do attend the same church and my relative has a lot of kids and wears skirts and all that but are far less strict/conservative/controlling than Erika.

So Erika posted a pretty boring article about fire safety, but the replies...:pb_confused::pb_confused::pb_confused:

My husband is a firefighter and he said this is so incredibly true. Plus in his profession the cancer rate has sky rocketed because of the chemicals that are given off in smoke now compared to what it was back then.

Something I hadn't thought about and a salient point, ma'am...

My husband is a firefighter too. I have him using essential oils that promote healthy cell repair & regeneration.

Essential oils strike again! Always when you least expect it!

And, ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Erika-ism:

It's just how furniture and all decore is made these days.

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So Erika posted a pretty boring article about fire safety, but the replies...:pb_confused::pb_confused::pb_confused:

Something I hadn't thought about and a salient point, ma'am...

Essential oils strike again! Always when you least expect it!

And, ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Erika-ism:

The first reply, good solid info.  We were reminded over and over about decontamination after a call because we needed to get the icky off (my words).  The story told to drive the point home? A guy came home from a call still in gear, kid gave daddy a hug.  Kid died two days later from something that was on daddy's gear. 

5 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

The first reply, good solid info.  We were reminded over and over about decontamination after a call because we needed to get the icky off (my words).  The story told to drive the point home? A guy came home from a call still in gear, kid gave daddy a hug.  Kid died two days later from something that was on daddy's gear. 

I apologize, I wasn't trying to say it wasn't an excellent point, I just included it to give context to the essential oil quackery.

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I apologize, I wasn't trying to say it wasn't an excellent point, I just included it to give context to the essential oil quackery.

Oh no I totally got it!  Because EOs would have helped the little kid.

It actually took me a minute to figure out what the hell "decore" even meant! I had to use the context of the sentence! We need a running list of Erika's shitty spelling and grammar! :roll:

She's homeschooling nine children. Nine children. 

I can't with the oils. 

25 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

It actually took me a minute to figure out what the hell "decore" even meant! I had to use the context of the sentence! We need a running list of Erika's shitty spelling and grammar! :roll:

She's homeschooling nine children. Nine children. 

I can't with the oils. 

It's what you do to an apple, innit? :confusion-scratchheadblue::tw_apple:

I just love (hate) this latest smug post with instructions on how to have a perfect marriage, as usual Erika knows best!!

"If we prioritize our children first, or outside activities, friends, our parents, or ourselves, then we will lose the close connection with our husband.  If life focuses around the children and all of their needs, wants, difficulties and pursuits, they will get the idea that adults are there to serve them all the time.  And when the children have grown and left the nest parents find themselves then looking at one another for the first time in many years and wondering who that other person is they began life with so very long ago.  "

If the parents aren't there to look after  (don't like the term " serve", although I do serve food of course) their children, who is?? I disagree with her on many levels here.......after all, just because I look aftermy daughter, doesn't mean I haven't got time for my husband! 

I consider it an integral part of being a mum to prioritise my childs " needs wants, difficulties and pursuits", she didn't ask to be born, I chose to have her and I want her to look back on her childhood as a happy, safe time and know she is loved and treasured, not second in importance to anyone else. When we had my husband's ill mum living with us,  I managed *shock* to look after everyone equally  and ensure I still had 'me' time, because we hadn't bitten off more than we could chew with eleventy million children. So I say, stop being so smug Erica, and make sure your kids don't feel  like annoying  add-ons in the household!!!

Deep breath......rant over!!!!

I do think that having children can make some moms forget almost everything but their kid and I don't think it is good to forget about your marriage but your husband is an adult and should be able to understand that an infant and a young child needs so much more care and attention than he does right now that he can stand being priority number two sometimes. I don't think he should always be but a kid is a kid and an adult is an adult. I do think it is good for children to see affection between parents but propping up children to look at their parents hugging while they need to sit on a blanket and look at them, how is that loving. Why not cuddle the whole family when the kids are awake and cuddle just husband and wife when the kids are asleep or busy playing with something? Whenever we hug our daughter comes running and wants to join in, it is annoying but I see it as a good sign, she likes what she sees and wants in on the hugging. 

4 hours ago, elliha said:

I do think it is good for children to see affection between parents but propping up children to look at their parents hugging while they need to sit on a blanket and look at them, how is that loving.

Whenever we hug our daughter comes running and wants to join in, it is annoying but I see it as a good sign, she likes what she sees and wants in on the hugging. 

I think it's also good for children to see affection in a more natural setting, rather in one that seems so forced.

My parents rarely went out on designated "date nights" when I was a kid, but it's very obvious that they love each other. They show it in little everyday actions. My mom will reach over and adjust my dad's collar. My dad will lean in for a quick hug. If one of them sees something interesting happening in the garden, they'll be very excited and call the other over to share it. They'll chat in bed at night before they fall asleep.

I think it's a good thing for kids to learn that love isn't necessarily grand gestures or scheduled time, but can also be the little things in life.

From Erika's bedroom post:

It's a quiet place (no rambunctious, destructive play here)

Poor Bob, no rambunctious play in the bedroom. The guy can't catch a break.

*rye smile* *chucklefuck*

I love how they've all latched onto the more children = less/slower ageing thing, too. It's based upon a small group of    75 Kaqchikel Mayan women from Guatemala, and even says:

We didn't say this theory was based on the true life of the American mother.

But hey, don't read the actual article Erika, a headline is better :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Straight to seat belts.  *smile*

my gawd Erika!  After 3 or 4 times of spelling strait incorrectly in one post you finally NAILED IT!  *beam*

29 minutes ago, StepMonsterInLA said:

Straight to seat belts.  *smile*

my gawd Erika!  After 3 or 4 times of spelling strait incorrectly in one post you finally NAILED IT!  *beam*

She'll be along to fix it shortly. She's just having a bit of trouble with the autocorrect.

21 minutes ago, 16strong said:

She'll be along to fix it shortly. She's just having a bit of trouble with the autocorrect.

It's not autocorrect, silly. It's voice dictation! :roll:

*snort* liar *CHUCKLEFUCK*

I'm a few pages behind, but I LOL'd on her makeup post when women were commenting "my husband prefers no makeup so I respect that." and Erika was all "THEN YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT"

On 1/19/2016 at 10:37 AM, Vex said:

Erika's spelling and grammar always make me *smile*

You're so much nicer than me. Erika's spelling and grammar make me want to *scream* and *pull out my hair*!

Erika's picked up on the story about the Norwegian kids taken away from their families because of "Christian indoctrination". Seems like a complex case. Having googled Norway, it appears that the separation of church and state is quite controversial over there. 

It's utterly ridiculous how Erika criticised women with the whole "my husband prefers me without makeup" thing. For all she yaks on about the importance of respecting your husband... this just goes to show that if you don't do things Erika's way, you are a terrible person. 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived