IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Special, Sunday, December 27

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, boston2495 said:

And Derick also saying that Jill would know he was about to propose due to there being a bulge in his pocket. :brainbleach:

Why does Derick have so many of these?!  He went to a public university, for crying out loud!! That's four solid years of innuendo!

7 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Spot on. "I might be awake for 48 hours" vs. "OH MY GOD LABOR IS SO HARD ON A HUSBAND I BETTER REST."

I was thinking about that pig Josh falling asleep during Anna's difficult labor with Michael, too.  Makes me ragey that he was probably on Ashley Madison at the time to boot.  :argumentative:

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Childless said:

I was at work one day a few years ago talking to a co-worker about my upcoming honeymoon in Rome.  I'm not joking, he asked me if I was going to see the Eiffel Tower while I was there. :doh:

I know it is too much to ask but the could have simply said We are in Guatemala a country in Central America just south of Mexico.

I think it shows a disrespect of others to not take the time to correctly discuss others culture.( I amnot sure I am getting across what I am trying to say here). But you cannot even begin to live and work in another culture if you are not respectful.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

So they're replaying the first two specials.  I really cant figure out why, they have no advertisers and its not like theres a plot that people have to follow.  Too bad all the really big football games were earlier in the day or I could hope that they all have dismal ratings.  

Vanderpump Rules! At least they make no secret of their uselessness.

5 minutes ago, KSmom said:

I know it is too much to ask but the could have simply said We are in Guatemala a country in Central America just south of Mexico.

I think it shows a disrespect of others to not take the time to correctly discuss others culture.( I amnot sure I am getting across what I am trying to say here). But you cannot even begin to live and work in another culture if you are not respectful.

Silly! Their culture is backwards and needs to be changed to the CORRECT way of doing things!  They need to pray to the correct version of jesus, have the correct sex positions, give birth in the correct fashion, educate their children in the correct way... all the things that the Duggars do right and they do so horribly wrong! There is no point in learning about these backward things those simple adorable locals call "customs!"

Called It- Jessa saying that she can not believe that her mother had 19 children (labors and deliveries with each).

1 hour ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Wowza - Meechelle sure is looking old and haggard.  And just plain "semi-psycho-face."

Did she do her own makeup? It looked very off to me. Her blush was just a crooked line above her cheekbones.  Her face has also thinned out quite a bit.

At Mama Carmens:  "I'm sure if they (The Smug Seewalds) were here they'd want take some with them".   What do they think adoption is?  Walmart?  "I'll take that one and that one....".  

TLC go back to your roots, if your viewers don't know where Guatemala is, show a map and start naming the actual country.

I can't imagine the Smugs adopting a child from Uganda.  With their lack of any kind of cultural proficiency, they would so mess that kids up forever.

Do we know whether TLC films with more than one camera?   The shots in Guatemala reminded me of that movie "Newsroom"--where there was a single camera and the interview was later cut with the scene of Jeff Daniel's crying ("fake reaction".  That's what the  scene with Jill at the clinic reminded me of.  A single camera with her nodding/smiling reactions cut in later.

My thoughts: while I feel sorry for Anna and understand that she had her own talking heads, I noticed she made sure to loudly insert her own comments and thoughts into EVERY scene as if she were being paid by the word. Or she's trying to get her old show back. She doesn't shut up. 

Derick has a good sense of humor and is a nice, easygoing guy. 

I physically recoiled at the thought of Jill educating or assisting with any pregnancies or births. What a frightening thought for reasons we've all discussed. 

Ben has something more going on than just being inarticulate. He legitimately seems to have some mental incapacity and I still wonder about marijuana use on his part because of his eyes, speech and choice in friends. Feel free to disagree. 

21 minutes ago, YourGodIsNotMine said:

Ben has something more going on than just being inarticulate. He legitimately seems to have some mental incapacity and I still wonder about marijuana use on his part because of his eyes, speech and choice in friends. Feel free to disagree. 

My daughter walked in while I was finally watching the episode during a Bin TH moment and asked "Who's the stoner?"

He's definitely a mouth breather--I think he has some serious adenoid/allergy issues.  That and he's a few tater tots short of a casserole  

I'm watching it now on TLC, I refuse to watch on demand tomorrow.  I don't want to be directly counted as watching this craziness.

Did Jill go to the midwife's clinic without an accountability chaparone?  Think of the meham she could have caused!

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa refuses to say what the sex of the baby is.  

Thank you for saying sex instead of "gender". They talk about that shit nonstop about all their stupid babies and I've never heard a single one of them use the correct term once. You can't find out the gender of a fetus, morons.

Also, who the hell even cares? Your family has like dozens of each born every generation. I honestly have a hard time believing anyone is THAT excited about any baby being born at all, much less its sex (apart from for ratings reasons).

Don't get me wrong, I just love babies, and a baby is a huge deal in my family and we're excited to find out the sex and to meet the baby. I know they say love is multiplied, not divided, blah blah blah....sure, but to a certain point. In actuality, there is only so much time in the day, and you can only be so excited about someone you have no time to actually get to know well. So there IS a limit.

12 minutes ago, Mothership said:

My daughter walked in while I was finally watching the episode during a Bin TH moment and asked "Who's the stoner?"

He's definitely a mouth breather--I think he has some serious adenoid/allergy issues.  That and he's a few tater tots short of a casserole  

I know a lot of people on here say they think he smokes weed, but maybe he's just stoned on allergy meds?

Yikes, this sounded boring. Anywho, bless this thread. You all made this amusing.

Did Jill really say she wants to "educate" someone? LOLOLOLOLOL

Noticed that Ben's "man shower" ?? was held at the arcade that Ben and Jessa were at watching the little kids not that long ago,  talking about the future with their own kids. How flipping sad, you're about to become a first time parent and your party is held at the same place as grade school birthday parties.

I still can't wrap my head around Jessa not having a proper birth team.  Nor can I get over Michelle exclaiming to Jessa that her crowning baby has dark hair. For such a modest family they sure like to get right to the business end when one of the women are giving birth. For Jessa, Spurge, and I'd say all the viewers I'm glad we were not treated to the full blurred out delivery show. I was also half expecting a shot of a camera phone shoved into Jessa's bits to get Jill's reaction to it. That also makes me kinda mad that Anna is the only one who had a full crew on her all in her business giving birth. Both Jill and Jessa's labors seem to be home video only from the grainy quality.

And yeah I'm sure it was scripted for the show, but the first half of making Anna go to her old house and relive memories and give an account on how she was feeling, that was really shitty of the producers and the family for going through with it. I still feel bad for Anna. She's still thinking of the "sweet" memories she had in that home...I look at it now and think how while Anna was in a honeymoon/baby happy haze Josh was already looking for some fun on the side.

2 hours ago, molecule said:

Anna seems to have a good relationship with her sisters-in-law.

Jessa asking Anna how things have been for her the past few months...ugh. So awkward, and Jessa doesn't look like she even cares 

see this bothers me now she is okay to talk to and get along with yet in the beginning they didn't appear to be very welcoming or kind to her.  Did they help her yes because they  were told to but they never had a close relationship or talk to her like they are doing now.  Just another instance of the duggars using the victim when it suits them

4 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Harry Potter weekend on ABC Fam wraps up with Deathly Hallows part 2!!!

The end does seem be be a very logical place to finish it, yes.

2 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Someone should screenshot Anna's rings from the two episodes. GUILT PURCHASES. Calling it.

i mentioned on the last special those are not her original rings.  She had a stone and a simple band not what she has now

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Called It- Jessa saying that she can not believe that her mother had 19 children (labors and deliveries with each).

Technically isn't it only 17 times since there are two sets of twins? Also Josie was an emergency C-section, and there were some other C-sections too. I don't know much about birth, but wouldn't a woman having a C-section be on some sort of narcotics or pain relievers?

could we all take a collection and send jill a new skirt cheeze and crackers she wore it non stop for 9 months and is still wearing it.  Also she must be freaked she isn't pregnant they couldn't possibly be purposely preventing it not jilly muffin

dimwit ben labor keeps going on and on he really is an idiot

Derick seems so much better out of the umbrella of the Jim bob.  Dericks has probably started to put some weight back on after his surgery, but I think it is more than weight gain. Its everything, his face, his body language, how he is smiling - stay in Central America Derick!

Please Ben, just say no to the JBdoo (the scary hair). He rocked during the labor, though. He's a kind hearted boy/man. 

Did anyone else catch when Cathi & Dill started to walk through the open air market and a young guy walked between them and the camera man and flashed gang hand signals? 

Jessa doesn't want to be pregnant for the rest of her life....

I have good friends who have a daughter/son in law who are currently living in Uganda TRYING to adopt 2 little girls. They are both highly educated folks. They're having to live over there because the government agencies have stalwarted their previously okayed adoption. It's not as easy as they make it sound to just "adopt".

OH GAWD! Dimbulb had to get in a kiss on Mechelle. - barf. 

Jill is NOT a midwife - she's not even an LPN! Deceitful as hell.

Over all, this was pretty dull. Very dull. Charter is the only paid commercial I caught.

3 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

oh sweet baby jesus --

Jill is going to a women's clinic to "get her hands on babies & pregnant bellies."  Aaaaaagggggh.

Sounds almost as if she has a fetish... Not a "career.":56247957a2c7b_32(17):

Jill thinks she is a midwife.......I wonder in the "rural" area they will be going on their "mission" if they do have real midwives and clinics/hospitals and if so if Jill would try to pass herself off as a real midwife and thus deprive a woman of a better choice. She would be better than no help at all if the woman could not get to a hospital. I guess. 

I just can't get over that they are esssentially useless in "Sintral America". Trying to change people's brand of Christianity seems so nuts. 

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived